With the temperature starting to rise (a little), I thought I’d jump on the cold brew bandwagon, but where do I start? If you’re here, you know that cold brew is more than just a few ice cubes in your regular coffee.
Today we are going to take a look and compare the best cold brew coffee makers on the market to get you started.
Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers
What is cold brew coffee?
Cold brew coffee is very similar to making coffee with cold water. It can be done in a variety of ways, from cold drip to immersion. All methods involve bringing cold or room temperature water into contact with ground coffee for a longer time than normal.
Immersion brewing – 16 hours (ideal conditions)
Cold drip – 4 hours
When the extraction cycle is complete, you will have (I hope) a delicious, smooth, concentrated coffee. This is a thicker coffee liquid. The concentrate is then diluted 1:1 with water directly over ice. You can be cheeky and add soda water, tonic, or milk.
You may be wondering why wait 16 hours for coffee when you can just make hot coffee and add ice, let me explain in about 2 minutes.
Also Read: Best Ice Cream Maker For Home
Types of Grinding
Because cold brew coffee is brewed over several hours, the size of the grind is not as important to the flavor. Regardless of the type of grind, filter coffee or espresso, anything that can be brewed with cold water is acceptable.
The only time grind size matters with cold press coffee is with the type of filter used. Using espresso type grinds for cold brew is not recommended as they can clog the filter.
Whether you use a paper, mesh, or cloth filter, extremely fine grinds will clog the filter. It is best to use a fine grind, such as coarse sugar for French presses.
Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers | Comparison Table 2022
Top Quality | 5-Star Pick | Great Prices
|bodum K11683-01WM Bean Cold Brew Coffee Maker, 51 Oz, Jet Black||Bodum||Check Price|
|County Line Kitchen - Cold Brew Mason Jar iced Coffee Maker, Durable Glass, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Filter, Flip Cap Lid - 64 oz (2 Quart / 1.9 Liter), With Handle||County Line Kitchen||Check Price|
|Mueller Cold Brew Coffee Maker, 2-Quart Heavy-Duty Tritan Pitcher, Iced Coffee Maker and Tea Brewer with Easy to Clean Reusable Mesh Filter||Mueller Home||Check Price|
|Takeya Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker, 2 qt, Black||Takeya||Check Price|
|OXO Good Grips 32 Ounce Cold Brew Coffee Maker||OXO||Check Price|
|Bean Envy Cold Brew Coffee Maker - 32 oz Glass Iced Tea & Coffee Cold Brew Maker and Pitcher w/ Silicone Cap & Base||Bean Envy||Check Price|
|KitchenAid KCM5912SX Cold Brew Coffee Maker 38 Ounce Brushed Stainless Steel||KitchenAid||Check Price|
|GrowlerWerks uKeg Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker, 50 oz, Black Chrome||GrowlerWerks||Check Price|
|Toddy Cold Brew Coffee Maker System with Extra Filters and Silicone Stoppers Bundle||Toddy||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers | 2022 Products Overview
1. Bodum Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Includes two lids: One for the fridge overnight, and one with a plunger to press down the coffee grounds in the morning
- 51 Oz. Capacity.
- Innovative locking lid system keeps your Coffee hot or cold and helps prevent spills
- All components are 100% Dishwasher Safe for easy clean-up.
- All Plastic Parts are 100% BPA Free!
- Included Components: Flat Lid
The Bodum K11683-01WM Bean Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a stylish and functional coffee maker that is perfect for making cold coffee drinks. With a 51 fluid ounce capacity, this coffee maker can make enough cold coffee to last you throughout the day. The coffee maker comes in a sleek jet black color and is made of high-quality materials, making it durable and long-lasting.
One of the standout features of this coffee maker is the innovative locking lid system, which helps keep your coffee hot or cold and prevents spills. The coffee maker also comes with two lids, one for overnight storage in the fridge, and one with a plunger to press down the coffee grounds in the morning. All of the components of this coffee maker are 100% dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. Additionally, all plastic parts of this coffee maker are 100% BPA free, ensuring that you can enjoy your cold coffee without any harmful chemicals.
- Large capacity of 51 fluid ounces.
- Innovative locking lid system keeps coffee hot/cold and prevents spills.
- Comes with two lids for overnight storage and pressing coffee grounds.
- All components are dishwasher safe for easy clean-up.
- All plastic parts are BPA free.
- May require reprogramming depending on grind size and amount.
- Coarse grind, little coffee, or insufficient tamping can lead to inadequate pressure for proper brew.
- Only manual, no automatic feature.
Also Read: Best Toaster Oven for Baking
2. County Line Kitchen Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Easy to Use Cold Brew Maker: Simply add coffee, steep overnight, and enjoy fresh cold brew in the morning. Simple cleanup with dishwasher safe components
- Stainless Steel Filter: Constructed of high-quality mesh that prevents coffee grounds from entering the jar. Heavy-duty filter is durable, creating long lasting perfect iced coffee for years to come.
- Easy Pour Dispenser, Leak-Proof Lid: With the flip cap lid, brewing, pouring and storage is easy! Tight seal means your jar will never have a leak.
- Durable Mason Jar: Ball Mason Jars withstand rough handling and dont leach harmful chemicals.
- Multi-Use: Works great for tea and as an infuser. Brewer components are food-grade and BPA free.Check our user guide on this detail page (scroll down) for recipe ideas
The County Line Kitchen Cold Brew Mason Jar is the perfect tool for creating delicious iced coffee right at home. With its simple and easy-to-use design, making cold brew has never been easier. All you have to do is add your coffee, let it steep overnight, and enjoy fresh cold brew in the morning. Cleanup is a breeze with its dishwasher-safe components.
Constructed of high-quality materials, this cold brew maker is built to last. The stainless-steel filter is made from heavy-duty mesh to prevent coffee grounds from entering the jar, ensuring that you have the perfect iced coffee every time. The flip cap lid makes brewing, pouring, and storage easy, with its tight seal ensuring that your jar never leaks. The Mason jar is durable and won't leach harmful chemicals, and the components are food-grade and BPA-free, making this cold brew maker safe for you and your family to use.
- Easy to use with simple overnight steeping process.
- High-quality stainless steel filter prevents coffee grounds.
- Flip cap lid for easy brewing, pouring, and leak-proof storage.
- Durable Mason jar withstands rough handling.
- Food-grade and BPA-free components.
- May be too big for individual use.
- Can be difficult to clean due to its size.
- Not suitable for adding boiling water.
3. Mueller Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Taste The Difference - Making a chilled glass of barista-quality caffeinated goodness is easier than ever with the Mueller Cold Brew Coffee Maker. Makeup to 8 cups of refreshingly smooth, rich cold brew concentrate that is naturally 65% less acidic than traditional hot coffee. Our unique stainless steel filter will work to maximize extraction and minimize any sediment or bitterness for the perfect brew tailored to your flavors .
- Smart Design - Each part of the cold brew maker has been designed to enhance your brewing experience. Starting with the cold brew pitcher that is made from non-toxic Tritan plastic for a glass-like look but with heavy-duty shatter-resistance; Ergonomic handle and easy adjust lid make the brewer easy to handle; An added plus is a removable mesh core that won’t rust over time or leave you with lingering metallic taste like other iced coffee makers.
- Airtight – Once you prepare your brew, seal in the flavors with the airtight and leak-proof lid and conveniently place the pitcher in the refrigerator at any angle, even lying down. The design is also sized to fit most refrigerator doors. Enjoy a more full-bodied brew with the extra-large 2L size that keeps your brew fresh for up to 2 weeks.
- Endless Possibilities – Use your favorite coffee grounds or tea and base your brew time to desired strength. Experiment with new flavors like vanilla or cinnamon coffee brews, or for iced tea makers try mint and citrus zest! Infuse water with fruits of your choice or impress with cold brew cocktails!
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life easier and more fun. In the unlikely event our product fails to meet or exceed your expectations, we offer a Lifetime of support. Our unparalleled 24/7 live telephone customer service team is ready and waiting to assist with anything you need!
The Mueller Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a versatile and convenient iced coffee and tea brewer. With a 68 fluid ounces capacity and a durable tritan pitcher, this coffee maker can make up to 8 cups of barista-quality cold brew coffee with a smooth and rich flavor that is 65% less acidic than traditional hot coffee. The unique stainless steel filter ensures maximum extraction and minimal sediment, while the non-toxic tritan plastic pitcher has an ergonomic handle and airtight, leak-proof lid for easy storage. The pitcher is also shatter-resistant and can be stored in the refrigerator at any angle, keeping your brew fresh for up to 2 weeks.
With endless brewing possibilities, the Mueller Cold Brew Coffee Maker lets you use your favorite coffee grounds or tea and adjust the brew time to your desired strength. You can even experiment with new flavors, infuse water with fruits, or make cold brew cocktails. The extra-large 2L size fits most refrigerator doors and makes it easy to enjoy a more full-bodied brew. With a lifetime of support and 24/7 live telephone customer service, Mueller is committed to providing only the best quality products and customer service.
- Makes up to 8 cups of smooth and rich cold brew coffee.
- A unique stainless steel filter minimizes sediment and bitterness.
- Durable tritan pitcher with airtight, leak-proof lid for easy storage.
- Versatile brewing options with favorite coffee grounds or tea.
- Lifetime of support with 24/7 live telephone customer service.
- May not fit in all refrigerator doors due to its extra-large size.
- Some customers have reported difficulty cleaning the mesh filter.
- Only available in black color.
Also Read: Best Food Processor for Nut Butters
4. Takeya Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- The Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a durable BPA-Free Tritan pitcher with an airtight lid and non-slip silicone handle. It produces 4 servings of smooth cold brew with any type of coffee grounds and is less acidic than traditional coffee brewing. Two Quart, Black
- The Fine-Mesh Coffee Filter in this cold brew coffee maker keeps grounds out of your freshly brewed pot - differing from other coffee machines. Tritan plastic withstands hot temperatures if you want a hot cup of coffee. Fits in most refrigerator doors
- Premium Bottles and Lids: Our innovative line of insulated hydration solutions come in a range of sizes. We offer water bottles in 18, 24, 32, 40, and 64 oz sizes, beverage makers and pitchers in 1 Qt and 2 Qt sizes
- BPA Free Hydration Solutions: From insulated stainless steel water bottles to beverage makers and pitchers, as well as a variety of product accessories, Takeya USA products help you stay cool, refreshed and hydrated for an active, on-the-go lifestyle
- Innovative Hydration Solutions: Takeya brings over 55 years of Japanese design heritage to our line of insulated, BPA-free water bottles & our sustainable iced tea, fruit infusion, & cold brew pitchers
The Takeya Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a 2-quart, black-colored coffee infuser designed to make smooth and less acidic cold brew coffee. The coffee maker is made of durable BPA-free Tritan plastic and features an airtight lid and non-slip silicone handle for easy handling. The fine-mesh coffee filter keeps the grounds out of the brewed coffee, resulting in a clean and delicious taste. The Tritan material used in the coffee maker can also withstand hot temperatures, making it ideal for hot coffee too.
This cold brew coffee maker is designed to make 4 servings of coffee and is portable, making it perfect for on-the-go lifestyles. It also fits in most refrigerator doors, making it convenient for storage. Takeya USA offers a range of innovative hydration solutions, including insulated stainless steel water bottles, beverage makers, and pitchers, as well as various product accessories. With over 55 years of Japanese design heritage, Takeya is committed to providing high-quality, BPA-free hydration solutions to help people stay refreshed and hydrated.
- Durable and BPA-free Tritan material.
- Airtight lid and non-slip silicone handle for easy handling.
- Fine-mesh coffee filter for a clean and delicious taste.
- Portable and fits in most refrigerator doors.
- Makes 4 servings of smooth and less acidic cold brew coffee.
- Coarse grind or insufficient tamping can affect pressure for proper brewing.
- Amount of espresso extracted may vary with grind size and amount.
- 2-quart size may not be suitable for larger families or groups.
Also Read: Best Blender for Protein Shakes with Ice
5. OXO Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Perforated Rainmaker evenly distributes water over coffee grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- Simple Brew Release switch controls filtration process with one flick
- Brews smooth, low acid concentrate for cold or hot coffee anytime
- Ultra fine, stainless steel mesh filter is reusable and easy to clean
- Borosilicate glass carafe includes measurement markings, pairs with stopper to keep coffee fresh in refrigerator
- Small countertop footprint, easy disassembly for cleanup and compact storage
- 4 Cup (32 Ounce) capacity
- Includes 10 Paper Filters
- The OXO Better Guarantee: If you experience an issue with your OXO product, get in touch with us for a repair or replacement. Were grateful for the opportunity to learn from your experience, and well make it better
The OXO Good Grips 32 Ounce Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a perfect solution for coffee lovers looking for a convenient and easy way to make cold brew coffee. With a 32 fluid ounce capacity, this coffee maker is designed to brew low-acid coffee concentrate that can be used to make hot or cold coffee.
One of the standout features of this coffee maker is the Rainmaker, which evenly distributes water over the grounds to ensure a consistent brew. The easy-to-access switch activates the filtration process, and the coffee maker automatically stops filtering when the carafe is removed. The stopper features a silicone seal to keep the coffee concentrate fresh, and it can also be used to portion the coffee concentrate. The mesh filter is reusable and easy to clean, and the coffee maker is sized to fit neatly on countertops. It also comes apart for cleaning and nests for storage, making it convenient and easy to clean. Optional paper filters are also available for an extra layer of filtration.
- Large capacity of 32 fluid ounces.
- Brews low-acid coffee concentrate.
- Rainmaker evenly distributes water.
- Automatically stops filtering when carafe is removed.
- Stopper features silicone seal to keep coffee fresh.
- Optional paper filters are available for an extra layer of filtration.
- Mesh filter is reusable but can be difficult to clean.
- May not fit neatly on smaller countertops.
Also Read: Best Milk Steamer for Home Use
6. Bean Envy Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- CUPPA JOE: This cold brew pitcher will brew 4 cups of your favorite morning brew. Simply pour the desired amount of ground coffee and let brew between 12-24 hours!
- EASY TO USE: Our compact cold coffee brewer allows you to brew, store, serve, and clean in seconds.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Designed for durability, our cold brew coffee pitcher features borosilicate glass, a silicone non-slip base, and a stainless-steel precision-cut filter.
- SAFE & SEALED: This cold brewer features dual silicone rings and a tight fit cap, forming an airtight seal that keeps your coffee fresh while brewing.
- THOUGHTFUL GIFT: Is your favorite coffee connoisseur in pursuit of the perfect brew? Our cold brew carafe will end their search!
The Bean Envy Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a 32 oz glass iced tea and coffee cold brew maker and pitcher designed to make the perfect cup of morning brew. With a capacity of 950 milliliters, it can brew up to 4 cups of coffee. The product is easy to use and allows you to brew, store, serve, and clean in just seconds.
Designed for durability, the cold brew coffee pitcher features a borosilicate glass body, a silicone non-slip base for stability, and a stainless-steel precision-cut filter for a smooth and pure coffee experience. The cold brewer is also safe and sealed, featuring dual silicone rings and a tight fit cap that creates an airtight seal that keeps your coffee fresh while brewing. This product makes for a thoughtful gift for coffee connoisseurs who are always in pursuit of the perfect brew. With its premium quality, easy-to-use design, and airtight sealing, the Bean Envy Cold Brew Coffee Maker is the perfect addition to any coffee lover's morning routine.
- Brews 4 cups of coffee.
- Easy to use, brew, store, serve, and clean.
- Durable design with borosilicate glass, silicone non-slip base, and stainless-steel filter.
- Safe and sealed with dual silicone rings and tight fit cap.
- Makes a thoughtful gift for coffee connoisseurs.
- Only brews up to 4 cups of coffee.
- 32 oz capacity may not be enough for some users.
- The tight fit cap may be difficult to open for some users.
7. KitchenAid Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Smooth, rich-bodied flavor: Cold brew and iced coffee maker keeps your favorite beverage available and tasting great in the morning or any time throughout the day.
- Small footprint: Ideal fit for any refrigerator or kitchen counter.
- Easy to use: Simply fill with coffee and cold water, steep and enjoy.
- 19 servings: Mix 2 oz of coffee concentrate with every 6 oz of your favorite milk, water or ice.
- Long-lasting: the KitchenAid cold brew coffee maker brews 38 oz of coffee concentrate that stays fresh in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Always on tap: Turn your fridge into a coffee bar with a built-in stainless steel tap that dispenses your cold brew from your refrigerator. Coffee maker also has a carrying handle for easy portability.
- Streamlined Design: Beautiful, streamlined design with glass and stainless steel components to preserve taste, for easy use and cleaning.
- Versatile and reliable: Reusable Stainless Steel Steeper allows you to brew the beverage of your choice and is labeled with fill level indicators to take the guesswork out of the brewing process.
The KitchenAid KCM5912SX Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a high-quality, manual coffee maker with a capacity of 38 fluid ounces. The sleek brushed stainless steel design makes it a stylish addition to any kitchen, and its compact size makes it a perfect fit for any refrigerator or kitchen counter. The built-in stainless steel tap makes it easy to dispense your cold brew from the refrigerator, and the carrying handle provides easy portability.
The coffee maker is designed to produce smooth, rich full-bodied flavor, and it couldn't be easier to use. Simply fill the reusable stainless steel steeper with your favorite coffee grounds, add cold water, and steep. The steeper is labeled with fill level indicators to take the guesswork out of the brewing process. The coffee maker makes up to 38 oz of coffee concentrate, which stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. To enjoy, simply mix 2 oz of coffee concentrate with every 6 oz of your favorite milk, water, or ice. With the ability to make up to 19 servings, the KitchenAid KCM5912SX is the perfect choice for coffee lovers looking for an easy and convenient way to make delicious cold brew at home.
- Large capacity (38 oz)
- Sleek and stylish design
- Built-in stainless steel tap for easy dispensing
- Carrying handle for portability
- Makes up to 19 servings
- Manual operation
- Coffee extraction may vary depending on grind size and amount
- Reprogramming may be needed when adjusting grind size and amount
Also Read: Best Pizzelle Makers
8. GrowlerWerks Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- MAKE NITRO AT HOME – the uKeg Nitro brews and infuses to make delicious nitro cold brew Coffee, at the convenience of home.
- SAVE MONEY – make nitro cold brew for a fraction of the retail cost.
- NITRO GAS CHARGERS NOT INCLUDED – uses 16g nitro chargers sold separately.
- STAYS COLD – double-wall vacuum insulation keeps brew cold All day. Stainless steel vessel is durable and portable.
- STAYS FRESH – the regulator cap automatically maintains pressure to keep nitro fresh for weeks. Perfect for making, storing or pouring cold brew.
- CASCADING POUR – nitrotap technology dispenses a full cascading pour, creamy texture and delicious flavor.Double wall 18/8 stainless steel vacuum insulation keeps brew cold all day
- FULLY INTEGRATED – All-in-One system brews cold brew and infuses nitro gas. You can also add your own cold brew. A double filtration system prevents clogs.
- 12 CUP CAPACITY – keeps you caffeinated for less $$$
- 1-Year and lifetime technical support
The GrowlerWerks uKeg Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a stylish and efficient way to make delicious nitro cold brew coffee at home. With a capacity of 50 oz, or 1.47 liters, you can enjoy a 12 cup supply of nitro cold brew without having to leave your house or spend money at a café. The black chrome finish of the coffee maker is not only aesthetically pleasing but also durable, making it perfect for portability.
One of the unique features of the uKeg Nitro is its manual process, which makes it easy to use and helps to ensure that your cold brew is infused with nitro gas. To make nitro cold brew, you'll need to purchase nitro gas chargers separately, but the coffee maker comes equipped with a regulator cap that maintains pressure, keeping your nitro cold brew fresh for weeks. The cascading pour is also made possible with nitrotap technology, which ensures that your cold brew has a creamy texture and delicious flavor. With a double filtration system in place, clogging is also prevented, making the uKeg Nitro an all-in-one solution for brewing and dispensing nitro cold brew coffee.
- Makes nitro cold brew coffee at home, saving money.
- Keeps cold brew cold all day with double-wall vacuum insulation.
- Regulator cap maintains pressure to keep nitro fresh for weeks.
- Full cascading pour with nitrotap technology for creamy texture and flavor.
- All-in-one system for brewing, dispensing and storing nitro cold brew.
- Nitro gas chargers not included and must be purchased separately.
- Manual process may take some time to get used to.
- Some users have reported that the regulator cap leaks.
9. Toddy Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Patented cold brew system uses regular coffee beans to create incredibly smooth coffee concentrate with 67% less acid than coffee made with hot brew methods, its easier on sensitive stomachs and all with no electricity required
- Get more out of your coffee grounds, as the coffee concentrate stays fresh for up to 2 weeks with no change to the flavor
- Also ideal for making tea, served hot or cold
- Toddy Cold Brew System comes factory sealed. Additional items in bundle are packed externally
- Extra Toddy Filter (2-pack) and Toddy Silicone Stopper (2-pack) are individually packaged
The Toddy Cold Brew Coffee Maker System is designed to create a smooth and less acidic cup of coffee or tea. The patented cold brew system uses regular coffee beans to produce coffee concentrate that can stay fresh for up to three weeks. The set includes a brewing container with handle, glass decanter with lid, four reusable filters, and three rubber stoppers. The product is easy to use, with no electricity required, and produces hot or cold coffee.
This product is perfect for coffee lovers who want to have control over the brewing process. With a capacity of 0.53 gallons, it is capable of producing a large amount of coffee concentrate. The product dimensions are 7.28"D x 12.99"W x 7.28"H, making it a compact and easy-to-store option for home or office use. The package includes a set of instructions and a recipe guide to get you started, and with its simple design, you can make a delicious cup of coffee in no time. Get your hands on the Toddy Cold Brew Coffee Maker System and experience the difference in taste and quality.
- Reduces acidity by 67% compared to hot brew methods.
- Can make hot or cold coffee and tea.
- Reusable filters and no electricity required.
- Large capacity of 0.53 gallons.
- Compact and easy-to-store design.
- May take time to master the brewing process.
- Some may find the coffee too weak.
- Rubber stoppers may not fit securely in place.
Also Read: Best Meat Slicers for Home Use
How To Pick The Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers | Ultimate Guide 2022
Convenience/Ease of Installation
The easier, the better, right? A product that is simple and delivers good results is always a plus.
We want a wide range of options when it comes to dispensing volume. For example, 250 ml is sufficient for weekdays, but larger is better for weekends. There is no need for multiple appliances to accommodate this capacity. Look for machines that can offer both small and large capacities.
Counter space is precious, and not many kitchens can accommodate a cold brew tower. The size of the brewer will affect your decision to buy one. If it doesn't fit in your brewing space, it is not a good buy for your home. The same goes for cold-immersion brewers. Brewing coffee in a bucket may sound like a great idea, but if you can't store it in the refrigerator, what's the point?
While some cold brewing and nitro brewing equipment can be expensive, cold immersion brewing is very DIY. You can choose the one that best fits your budget and preferences. (We divide these devices into low, mid, and high price ranges.)
Aesthetics are not important in most brewing situations, but cold brewing can take hours. Do you really want an ugly appliance sitting on your desk for hours on end? The answer to this question will play a part in your decision.
Also Read: Best Electric Tea Kettle for Hard Water
You want something that will last. Something that is well built and won't break easily.
Perhaps the most important factor in choosing a cold brew coffee maker: you need to like the flavor of the coffee it produces.
Victoria Ratermanis, a barista at Edy's Grocer in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, says, "If your first instinct is to pull away when you taste it, it's probably too acidic, but if you enjoy discovering that flavor, it has a strong body
Just because it tastes strong doesn't mean it has a lot of caffeine, Latermanis adds. Whichever cold brew coffee maker you choose, follow the instructions for the coffee grounds-to-water ratio and brewing time, and adjust until you get the flavor you prefer.
Strong cold concentrate coffee is not only flavorful, but it also allows you to get the most out of your coffee beans, and to enjoy a different kind of coffee. If you like to dilute it with water or milk, go ahead, but be creative.
Baristas suggested making cocktails and ice cubes with cold brew, cooking with cold brew, and other ways to bring the flavor to life elsewhere in the kitchen.
Jovanni Luna, a barista at Gertie's in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, says, "We want to make cold brew focused and playful." （When making cocktails (with cold brew), you don't need already diluted coffee.
In order to brew coffee, some of the water soluble substances must be removed from the structure of the coffee bean. For a typical hot coffee, hot water is used and poured over the coffee. As the hot water passes through the coffee, it takes in a percentage of the water-soluble substances in the coffee with it. That's it! In about 3 minutes you will have a good cup of coffee.
What you need to understand here is that water at different temperatures will extract different flavors from the coffee.
Some of the compounds that may give coffee its acidity are only soluble in hot water. Brewing with cold water may leave this part of the coffee. The same goes for bitterness.
Depending on the coffee, the flavor of watered-down coffee can be chocolate, fruity, etc., with less bitterness and acidity than coffee brewed with hot water.
A major advantage of the cold brew method is the richness that the coffee can retain. The coffee does not have the watered-down feel of hot coffee with ice to make it cold. You get a great flavor without bitterness or acidity.
In addition to intense concentration, Amanda Miserocki, a barista at Blue Bottle Coffee in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, says a smooth taste is essential.
"When looking for the perfect cold brew, I look for something more intense, and smoothness is a big part of that. That's the key to drinking cold brew." So it doesn't have the acidity and bitterness of hot coffee.
When brewing cold brew at home, you need enough space for the water to properly penetrate overnight, and doing so ensures a smooth, consistent taste. This means that most small and narrow cold brew coffee makers from brands such as Toddy or Oxo will not deliver as smooth a taste as larger ones. Larger containers allow the coffee powder to be extracted overnight, and the body of the coffee is stronger and more consistent from cup to cup.
As with most coffee makers, coffee powder should not pass through the filter during the final extraction. We have found that metal or stainless steel filters allow the powder to escape, while mesh filters weaken the coffee. Cold brewers using paper filters produced coffee without sediment.
Some cold brew machines promise to keep coffee fresh for up to two weeks, allowing you to brew large quantities of coffee without worrying about waste. If you don't want cold coffee sitting in the fridge for too long, you don't even have to repeat the brewing process every night. Ideally, you should find a cold brew coffee maker that can make enough coffee for your week mornings or produce enough to serve at brunch with friends.
Advantages of drinking coffee
Easy to Make
Preparing and installing a cold brew coffee maker is relatively simple. Instead of learning the correct extraction method, simply use coarsely ground coffee, add room temperature water, and let both sit for 10-12 hours in a cool place or refrigerator (1).
Less or no acidity
Cold brew drip coffee has up to 67% less acidity than regular coffee due to the gentler extraction process (2). For those with sensitive stomachs or heartburn, drinking cold brew can reduce the stomach discomfort experienced when drinking hot brew.
A Wide Variety of Recipes
Once you know how to make cold brew, you can customize and experiment with different recipes. Add sugar or cream for a rich morning drink. You can also make it into a summer cocktail by mixing it with sparkling water. Add Kahlua for a hot after-dinner cocktail, or try Kahlua Iced Coffee on a hot summer afternoon.
Love it or hate it... Cold brew is one of the most popular coffee products today, and it pairs beautifully with this little brew.
Long shelf life
Cold brew can be stored in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days after extraction. For those with busy lives, a quick and easy pour-over cold brew concentrate for their morning coffee is a real boon to start the day.
Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers | Infographic
Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers | Video Explanation
Which coffee should I use?
One of the advantages of the cold brew method is that you can use any type of coffee. Want a light roast? Here we go! Want black coffee? You can do that too! Different origins and roasts will have different flavors.
For example, you want a more fruity coffee, what we call a cool summer coffee. You want a coffee from Ethiopia or Kenya with a lighter roast that has large berries listed on the bag label. Many natural-process coffees can be used for cold brew because of their high acidity and inherent fruitiness.
However, if you are looking for a chocolate or caramel flavor, choose a Colombian coffee that is a bit darker.
Cold brew coffee and water
When brewing hot coffee with the Kalita wave or V60, you will use about 60 g of coffee to 1 liter of water, a ratio of 1:16:5.
For cold coffee batches, use cold water to concentrate. The ratio increases slightly to 1:5 or 200 g/L.
Cold Brew and Ice Coffee, what is the difference?
Most common hot brewing methods use hot water to extract coffee. Cold Brew, on the other hand, uses cold water to extract coffee. The different extraction methods mean that different flavors can be obtained with both.
Why is cold brewing better?
The best thing about cold brewing is its ease of use. With the exception of instant coffee (which should be avoided), I must say that this is the easiest way to make coffee. Simply throw the coffee and water together, let it sit for 16 hours (all day or all night), and then strain it through a filter.
Can I use regular coffee for cold brew?
Yes, you can use regular coffee beans for cold brew, but depending on how you brew hot coffee, you may need to review the grind size. Cold brew requires a coarser grind than the fine grind used for espresso, for example. This type of grind is probably not found in stores, so as always, it is best to grind your green beans at home. Choosing the best cold brew coffee grinder can, of course, have a huge impact on your brewing process.
What is the best roasting for cold brew?
The best roast for cold brew is a shallow roast. Low temperature extraction is an excellent way to reduce acidity. Shallow roasted coffee is inherently acidic. By using shallow roasted coffee beans, you will discover a flavor you have never experienced before, without acidity. Here is a list of the best beans to start cold brewing with.
Is cold brew stronger?
Despite the higher ratios used to make cold brew coffee, it is generally weaker than hot coffee. The good news is that if you make your cold brew coffee at home, you can increase the ratio to get your strength.
Can coffee grounds be reused for cold brew?
No. Cold brew coffee (any coffee!) ), you cannot reuse coffee grounds to make cold brew. After the beans have been extracted the first time, there is nothing left worth extracting, unless you enjoy a slightly watered-down flavor that once it is extracted resembles the flavor of a nice coffee.
How long does cold brew take?
Cold brewing takes from 14 to 20 hours, ideally 16 hours or more. It is not the type of coffee that brews like espresso, but it is worth the time. There is nothing better than a carafe of cold brew waiting in the refrigerator on a hot summer afternoon.
HOPE YOU LIKE OUR GUIDE!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION FEEL FREE TO ASK IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply