Commercial meat slicers are essential tools for any restaurant, deli, or other food service establishment that needs to slice large quantities of meat quickly and efficiently. There are many different types of commercial meat slicers on the market, ranging from manual crank-style slicers to fully automated electric slicers. The best commercial meat slicer for your business will depend on your specific needs and budget.
To help you choose the slicer that best fits your needs and budget, we provide details, features, specifications, and cautions.
Saving money on bulk meat purchases, quickly preparing large quantities of meat for a crowd, slicing it to the thickness you want, and getting perfect, even cuts is a pleasure you’ll never want to give up.
And if you make your own bacon or sausage, a good slicer is indispensable to make your product look its best after weeks or months of aging. Besides, cutting anything other than small quantities by hand is a task to be avoided if possible.
What Makes A Good Commercial Meat Slicer?
There are a few key factors to consider when choosing a commercial meat slicer:
- Blade size: A larger blade size will allow you to slice thicker cuts of meat, while a smaller blade size will be better for thinner slices.
- Blade material: Stainless steel blades are durable and easy to clean, but they may not hold their edge as well as a high-carbon steel blade.
- Motor power: A powerful motor will allow the slicer to handle tougher cuts of meat and make consistent, even slices.
- Ease of use and maintenance: Look for a slicer that is easy to use and maintain, with features like adjustable slicing thickness and a removable blade for cleaning.
- Safety features: It’s important to choose a slicer with safety features such as a blade guard and a non-slip base to prevent accidents.
- Price: Consider your budget when choosing a slicer. Higher-priced slicers may have more features and a higher-quality build, but they may not be necessary for your needs.
Best Commercial Meat Slicers
To help you choose the Best Commercial Meat Slicers on this page we have listed the best slicers on the market based on our extensive research. From inexpensive to high-end models, we have something for everyone.
Let’s start with the list of models reviewed in this guide.
Best Commercial Meat Slicers | Comparison Table 2023
Top Quality | 5- Star Picks | Great Prices
|KWS MS-12NT Premium Commercial 420w Electric Meat Slicer 12-Inch Non-sticky Teflon Blade, Frozen Meat/ Cheese/ Food Slicer Low Noises Commercial and Home Use [ ETL, NSF Certified ]||KWS KitchenWare Station||Check Price|
|BESWOOD 10" Premium Chromium-plated Steel Blade Electric Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer Commercial and for Home use 240W BESWOOD250||BESWOOD||Check Price|
|KWS Commercial 320W Electric Meat Slicer 10" Frozen Meat Deli Slicer Coffee Shop/restaurant and Home Use Low Noises [ ETL, NSF Certified ] (Stainless Steel Blade - Silver)||KWS KitchenWare Station||Check Price|
|VEVOR Commercial Meat Slicer, 10 inch Electric Food Slicer, 240W Frozen Meat Deli Slicer, Premium Chromium-plated Steel Blade Semi-Auto Meat Slicer For Commercial and Home use||VEVOR||Check Price|
|Chef'sChoice 615A Electric Meat Slicer Features Precision thickness Control & Tilted Food Carriage For Fast & Efficient Slicing with Removable Blade for Easy Clean, 7-Inch, Silver||Chef’sChoice||Check Price|
|Meat Slicer, Anescra 200W Electric Deli Food Slicer with Two Removable 7.5’’ Stainless Steel Blades and Food Carriage, 0-15mm Adjustable Thickness Meat Slicer for Home, Food Slicer Machine- Silver||Anescra||Check Price|
|LEM Products 1020 Big Bite Meat Slicer (10-Inch)||LEM||Check Price|
|Berkel Red Line 250 Food Slicer, Red, 10" Blade, Electric Food Slicer, Slices Prosciutto, Meat, Cold Cuts, Fish, Ham, Cheese, Bread, Fruit and Veggies, has an Adjustable Thickness Dial||Berkel||Check Price|
|SUPER DEAL PRO Commercial Stainless Steel Semi-Auto Meat Slicer, Cheese Food Electric Deli Slicer Veggies Cutter||SUPER DEAL||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Top 9+ Commercial Meat Slicers | Reviews 2023Error: Unknown Link Type
The KitchenWare Station MS-12NT 12″ Silver High-Quality Teflon Blade Commercial Semi-Automatic Meat Slicer is specifically designed for use in restaurants, commercial kitchens, butcher shops, delis, farms, and even at home.
The MS-12NT 12″ has 420 watts of motor power for commercial use and is suitable for slicing meat (recommended), vegetables, cheese, and fruit up to 0.6″ thick (0-15 mm) with a digital scale knob, smoothly, quickly, and effortlessly. To make it more convenient and safe to use, it has a built-in double sharpening stone and a ring protector.
The slicer blade is made of high-quality stainless steel and the body is made of corrosion-resistant and durable aluminum alloy.
- Carbon steel blades have a short life span and are prone to oxidation and dulling. Our high-quality KWS 12″ Teflon-coated 304 stainless steel blades are rust-free, firm, and more durable. It offers high precision while allowing several different edge settings. Cuts meat, vegetables, cheese, and other foods from 0.6″ to paper thickness with ease and stability.
- The Teflon blade design effectively prevents residue buildup. Therefore, compared to stainless steel blades, Teflon blades do not require wiping off the excess product during slicing. For those who want to slice a lot of cheese, the Teflon blade model is by far the best choice.
- The on/off switch and KWS relay are made separately to prevent damage at the same time. It has non-slip rubber feet to keep it firmly in place on the work surface while slicing, making it sturdy.
- The tray of the KWS MS-12NT meat slicer can hold up to 8.5 (L) x 11 (W) x 8 (H) food items. The carriage can be easily removed for thorough cleaning. Seams and areas prone to bacteria growth are reduced for easy cleaning.
- The 420W 0.57 hp motor and power transformer provide the power needed for constant slicing. The KWS slicer uses a high-quality pure copper motor for both durability and performance. The transformer also effectively prevents leakage and short circuits.
- High-quality 304 stainless steel blades with Teflon coating.
- Built-in sharpener
- Waterproof on/off switch and non-slip rubber foot
Removable product tray
- High-quality motor and power transformer
- Good value, but room for improvement
2. BESWOOD Premium Chromium Heavy Duty Commercial Meat Slicer
- Premium Chromium-plated Steel Blade with protection against corrosion
- There is no need to sharpen the blade frequently
- Double Illuminated ON/OFF Switch 24V to avoid power shock for best protection
- Slicing meat, cheese, veggies, ham, fruit precisely
- USA standard approved: ETL, NSF
- 25+ Years Experience As Industry Leaders Providing Commercial Baking Equipment Solutions. Browse Our Wide Selection Of Commercial Bakery Equipment Now. We Offer The Best Brands. Trained Professionals. Hands-On Consultations. Top Quality Equipment
- Our Experienced Technicians Have the Skills to Recondition Equipment to Your Needs. We are Here to Help You with Your Commercial Equipment and Production Requirements. Quality Service. 35+ Years Of Experience. In-House Fabrication. Buy & Sell Used Equipmen
- plated Steel Blade Electric Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer Commercial and for Home use 240W BESWOOD250
The high-carbon steel, chrome plating, and high-temperature treatment process ensure that the blades of the Bethwood slicer stay sharp longer and are protected from corrosion. Because they do not require frequent sharpening, the blades are more durable and their longevity is guaranteed.
- The chrome steel coating and high-temperature treatment ensure that BESWOOD slicer blades stay sharp longer and are protected against corrosion. The blades are strong and durable without the need for frequent sharpening.
- BESWOOD's manual gravity slicer is powered by a powerful 240W motor and is fully enclosed, making it ideal for commercial or home users who need meat and cheese on a daily basis.
- It slices boneless meat, cheese, vegetables, ham, fruit, and more smoothly and efficiently. It makes life more convenient.
- BESWOOD slicers also feature a convenient built-in 2-blade sharpener to keep the cutting edge sharp at all times.
- High carbon steel and chrome plated blades
- Powerful 240W motor
- Efficiently slice meat, cheese, vegetables, ham, fruit, etc.
- Easy-adjust system and 2-stone sharpener
- High-quality V-belt with greatly reduced noise and vibration.
- Illuminated 24V dual ON/OFF switch to prevent electric shock for added protection.
- Non-slip rubber feet and blade ring protectors for safety.
- Time-consuming to clean
- Pricey Tag
3. KWS Commercial 320W 12-Inch Commercial Automatic Meat Slicer
- Aluminum Alloy Base
- Cutting Thickness 0-0.4”
- 320-Watts Motor Power
- 10” Premium Stainless Steel Blade / Teflon Blade
- ETL NSF Approved, 1-Year Factory Warranty*
- Distributed, sold and serviced in North America by VR Food Equipment for over 35 years
- Baertschi Patented technology enabling superior extraction of both fruit and vegetables
- Bepex is an Industry Leading Manufacturer of Food Processing Systems & Equipment
- Mixing, Blending, Crushing, and Drying. Food Processing Equipment From Bepex
- Slicer 10 Frozen Meat Deli Slicer Coffee Shop/restaurant and Home Use Low Noises
The new non-stick Teflon blade is a 10" commercial semi-automatic Teflon blade meat cutter, silver, ideal for cutting cheese and thin slices. Kitchenware Station MS-10N is a commercial, home, ideal for use by caterers, chefs, etc.
The MS-10N 10" has 320 watts of motor power for commercial use and is ideal for slicing meat (recommended), vegetables, cheese, and fruit evenly, quickly, and effortlessly.
The MS-10N 10-inch also features a built-in double sharpening stone and blade ring guard to keep the blade razor sharp and safer to use.
- The MS-10N 10-inch kitchenware station features high-quality stainless steel for the blade and a durable, corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy for the body.
- It has Skid proof rubber feet that secure the slicer on the countertop while slicing.
- The calibration plate, blade cover, and blades are Teflon coated for less friction and easy cleaning.
- Our KWS slicers have a built-in sharpener to sharpen the blade. By pressing the front and rear buttons for a few seconds, the blade is kept sharp and ready to slice.
- The on/off switch and the KWS relay are manufactured separately to avoid damage at the same time. Parts such as the legs, thickness adjustment control, carriage release button, and product grip handle are made of high-quality aluminum alloy instead of plastic to design a body with superior durability.
- The KWS MS-10ET Meat Slicer Tray can hold up to 7 (L) x 7.5 (W) x 5.5 (H) food items. The trolley can be easily removed for thorough cleaning. Seams and areas prone to bacteria growth have been reduced for easy cleaning.
- Fixed Device Handle for Pushing the Fixed Meat to Slice
- High Quality 304 Stainless Steel Blade
- Built- In Sharpener
- Removable Product Tray Assembly
- High-Quality Motor and Power Transformer
- Replacement blade pricey
4. VEVOR Semi-Automatic Commercial Meat Slicer
- Excellent Performance: This meat slicer is constructed with a cast aluminum body, rust-proof, corrosion-proof, and easy cleaning. The 10-inch diameter chromium-plated steel blade with a sharp edge is designed for quick slicing.
- Precise Adjustable Thickness: Our electric deli food slicer is equipped with a thickness-adjustable knob and you can easily adjust the slice thickness from 0mm to 12mm (0-0.47 inch) precisely. Get different types of food slices with the specific thickness you want.
- Powerful Copper Motor: Input Power: 240W; Output Power: 150W. Our food slicer is equipped with an all-copper motor, which allows you to produce 50 pieces of food per minute.
- Security-ensuring Designs: This slicer machine has a built-in sharpener for convenient sharpening; a fixed transparent shield for security, which avoids unintentional contact with the blade. ON/OFF switch ensures convenient operation. The rubber bottom feet are nonslip, ensuring stability. A food pusher for firmly holding the meat and a handle for easy operating.
- Compact Body For Wide Applications: This electric food slicer is small and compact so that you can fit it into your business more easily! It can be used to cut meat, cooked food, cheese, roast beef, etc. Suitable for home or commercial use, such as kitchen, restaurant, butchers shop, canteen, etc.
- 10-inch Electric Food Slicer, 240W Frozen Meat Deli Slicer, Premium Chromium-plated Steel Blade Semi-Auto Meat Slicer For Commercial and Home use
This meat slicer has a cast aluminum body and a 10-inch chrome steel blade with a corrosion- and rust-resistant surface coating; it is powered by a powerful 240 W motor for high output; the blade is made of chrome steel and is designed to be used for slicing meat and vegetables. Thickness adjustment range: 0-0.47 inch/0-12 mm. ideal for home and commercial use.
- The food slicer is made of cast aluminum with a 10-inch diameter blade constructed of chrome steel. The sharp cutting edge allows for quick slicing of meat. The grooved cutting surface effectively prevents the meat from sticking to the blade.
- Equipped with a thickness adjustment knob, the design allows for flexible control of product thickness in the range of 0 to 12 mm (0 to 0.47"). Our meat slicer slices efficiently and can easily achieve the desired accuracy.
- The electric meat slicer uses a powerful motor with 240W of input power to provide the blade with a rotational speed of 1400RPM. 50 pieces of food can be sliced per minute, saving a great deal of time and effort.
- A hidden grinding stone is convenient for sharpening the blade. Safety shield prevents unforeseen accidents. Equipped with a food pusher that holds sliced food securely on the plate. Waterproof on/off switch is easy to use. Non-slip rubber feet ensure stable use.
- The blade and safety baffle can be easily removed by unscrewing the knobs and screws. This design allows these parts to be cleaned separately and effortlessly.
- Ideal for slicing meat, sausage, cheese, roast beef, turkey breast, vegetables, fruit, and many other foods. Suitable for home and commercial use.
- Premium Material
- Adjustable Thickness
- High Slice Yield
- Reliability & Security
- Cleaning is A Breeze
- Versatile Use
- little harder to clean
5. Chef'sChoice 615A Best Meat Slicer For Thin Slice
- VERSATILE: This rugged slicer features all structural components made of cast aluminum and stainless steel
- POWER: Extraordinary powerful high torque motor with gear drive
- SLICING: Tilted food carriage for fast and efficient slicing. A special button secures the food carriage in lock position to limit access to the blade when the unit is not in use
- MULTI-PURPOSE: The 7-inch stainless steel blade slices a wide variety of foods from deli thin to 3/4-inch thick slices; the product is designed for non-commercial use
- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE
- Ross Food Mixing Equipment Includes Dry Blenders, High Shear Mixers. In Stock Equipment. Trial Rental Program. Models: High Shear, Ribbon Blenders, Sanitary Mixing
- Meat Slicer Features Precision thickness Control & Tilted Food Carriage For Fast & Efficient Slicing with Removable Blade for Easy Clean, 7-Inch, Silver
Elegant style, power, efficiency, and smooth operation make the 615A the perfect solution for amateur and professional chefs seeking innovative options for meal preparation, cost-effective entertaining, portion control, and freshly cut food.
Robust yet sleek and extremely stylish, the 615A's key components are made of cast aluminum and stainless steel. Rated at 120 watts, the 615A features a high-torque cool-running motor and a reliable, smooth gear drive for continuous slicing operations.
The angled hood carriage also allows for quick and efficient slicing. The large, fully retractable carriage allows the slicing of very large foods such as roasts and hams. The food pusher is made of metal and has an easy-to-grip, non-slip design.
The 615A has a 7" (17 cm) stainless steel blade suitable for slicing a wide variety of foods. Precise thickness adjustment allows the slicing of foods from the thickness of prepared foods to approximately 1 cm (1 inch).
- The body and structural components are made of cast aluminum and stainless steel.
- The high-torque, cool-running motor and smooth, reliable gearing make slicing a breeze.
- Precise thickness control allows slicing of prepared foods down to approximately 1 inch thick.
- The 7" inclined carriage allows for speedy and efficient slicing. The blade, food carriage, food pusher, and thickness adjustment plate are removable for easy cleaning.
- A safety lock secures the carriage when not in use.
- Very powerful motor
- Easy to clean
- Adjustable thickness dial
- Safety lock
6. Anescra 200W Electric Deli
- 200W Powerful Meat Slicer: The update electric food slicer is driven by 200 watts of fast, high yield slicing power. This is a highly versatile model, with enough power and speed to slice pretty much anything. Not just meats, but cheeses, bread, and vegetables giving you an all-purpose slicing machine when you need to quickly crank out meals.
- Two 7. 5’’ Stainless Steel Blade: We understand that the slicer blade is one of the core components, so we used the great, sharp workmanship stainless steel blade. Equipped with two 304 stainless steel blades of a serrated blade and a non-serrated blade, which cuts cooked food and raw food more healthily, reducing the trouble of using raw food and cooked food to cross-infection.
- Easy to Clean: Seamless and removable features make sanitation a breeze. Our removable ring-guard cover prevents debris buildup on cutting surfaces. The blade, food carriage, slide-rod extension, and food pusher are removable, which allows for thorough cleaning and sanitation.
- Precise Adjustable Thickness: This food slicer's built-in thickness control knob can adjust around 3/4-inch for vegetables, meat, roasts, bread, and more. It can help you slice efficiently and makes it easy to achieve the precision you want.
- Compact and Durable Design: The construction is solid cast aluminum, which should give you a long-lasting and durable body that can take a lot of abuse. With a sleek, compact lightweight design, this deli slicer is small enough for most cabinets and countertops. Perfect for weekday lunch prep or crafting gourmet meals.
- Food Slicer with Two Removable 7.5’’ Stainless Steel Blades and Food Carriage, 0-15mm Adjustable Thickness Meat Slicer for Home, Food Slicer Machine- Silver
The Meat Slicer is a 200W electric meat slicer with two removable 7.5" high-quality stainless steel blades.
It is ideal for slicing bread, vegetables, cheese, and meat. It is simply practical, fast, and easy.
This high-quality food slicer can be instantly adjusted from 1/32" to 1/2". From cured ham to roast beef, you can slice it instantly. With this one machine, you can imagine how much time you can save by taking on all the slicing tasks in your kitchen.
- It is equipped with a powerful 200W motor. This high power is perfectly transmitted with minimal energy loss by an individually developed mechanism.
- The all-metal design of the solid universal slicer guarantees the best slicing results, high stability, and long life. Clever space-saving design. Easily stored in the kitchen cupboard.
- Removable buttons allow the trolley to be quickly removed for easy cleaning. Food carriage, blades, food deflector, and thickness guide plates can all be easily removed for cleaning.
- With the turn of a knob, you can customize the thickness of your slices from paper-thin to 9/16"; effortlessly and consistently cut vegetables, cheese, and meat from 0.6" to 0.5" thick.
- Suction cups and non-slip feet secure it to a counter or tabletop for easy and safe slicing.
- Recessed switch prevents accidental power on/off and prevents food and debris from damaging the switch.
- 200W Powerful Electric Meat Slicer
- Removable Food Carriage
- Thickness Control Dial
- Strong Suction Rubber Feet
- Safety Protection
- Durable & Compact
- May not be ideal to slice frozen meat
- blade spins slow
7. LEM Products 1020 Big Bite
- Dimensions: 19 (W) x 16 (D) x 15 (H); 10 diameter blade; Weight: 30 pounds
- Finely honed blade rarely needs sharpening; Sharpener included
- Graduated knob for adjusting thickness
- Auto shut off feature for safety; ETL approved
- Strong 1/4 HP motor; Skid-resistant rubber feet
- Ross Food Mixing Equipment Includes Dry Blenders, High Shear Mixers. In Stock Equipment. Trial Rental Program. Models: High Shear, Ribbon Blenders, Sanitary Mixing
- Can Cut Into Thin Slice, Steak And Heart-Shape Cutlet. Order Now! Quality Assurance. Factory Directly. CE certificate. Advanced Equipment. Types: Food Forming Machines, Meat Steak Machines, Meat Cutting Machines, Meat Processing Machines, Frying Machine
This commercial slicer will cut your favorite boneless meats to perfection every time. The sharpened blade requires very little sharpening, even with frequent use.
A sharpener is included when sharpening is needed. A sliding carriage and feed arm ensure an even, precise cut. To adjust the thickness, simply turn the scale wheel.
Cuts all thicknesses from 1 mm to 10 mm. Powerful 0.4 hp motor. Non-slip rubber feet. Spare belt and sharpening stone included.
Always wear cut-resistant gloves when removing, cleaning, and handling the slicer blades. ETL certified, ETL health certified.
- This equipment is considered the best stainless steel meat slicer for farmers.
- LEM is a trusted brand for meat processing equipment, including slicers and grinders. It is an affordable product that is ideal for farms, small businesses, and small restaurants that want a sturdy meat slicer that does not take up as much space as traditional commercial equipment.
- The built-in blade guard and sharpener keep the stainless steel blades in an optimal condition at all times. Depending on the method of meat slicing, the movable arm, food transport container, blade edge, and thickness dial work together.
- 5′ cord length (a minimum of 14 gauge is required when using an extension cord)
- The sliding carriage and hood holder arm ensure smooth and accurate cuts at all times.
- Auto shut-off function for added safety.
- Sharpened blades require little or no sharpening even after frequent use.
- Equipped with a powerful 1/4 HP motor.
- Replacement belt and blade sharpening stone included.
- little more expensive
- didn’t come with a users manual
8. Berkel Red Line Slicer
- MODERN & ELEGANT design, superior slicing performance, home-use electric slicer
- SHARP, ACCURATE & RESISTANT. Chrome-plated steel blade with a professional profile ensures the perfect cut. Highly professional cutting capacity and functionality.
- DELI THICKNESS built-in adjustment system. EASY TO CLEAN wipe clean; Dishwasher safe removable parts
- STURDY & MADE OF HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS. Professional push buttons with LED indicators
- ELECTRIC. 115 V 60 HZ
- Can Cut Into Thin Slices, Steak, And Heart-Shape Cutlets. Order Now! Quality Assurance. Factory Directly. CE certificate. Advanced Equipment. Types: Food Forming Machines, Meat Steak Machines, Meat Cutting Machine, Meat Processing Machines, Frying Machine
- Slices meats + vegetables + cheese + bread & fruits with ease. Slice from deli-thin to 1. These heavy-duty commercial meat slicers are workhorses. Order yours today! Fast Shipping. Product Experts. Highlights: Customer Service Available, Product Expert Available
- Red, 10 Blade, Electric Food Slicer, Slices Prosciutto, Meat, Cold Cuts, Fish, Ham, Cheese, Bread, Fruit, and Veggies, has an Adjustable Thickness Dial
The Red Line encompasses all the technology of Berkel's professional meat slicers. Made of a special aluminum alloy, this professional electric slicer for home use is elegant and lightweight.
The steel blade ensures perfect cuts for thin, even slices while minimizing waste. Built-in sharpener improves blade efficiency and durability. The slice deflector, blade cover, and meat table can be easily removed for quick and precise cleaning.
- Berkel Red Line Slicer encompasses all the technology of Berkel's professional meat slicers.
- This professional electric slicer for domestic use is elegant and light and is made of a special aluminum alloy.
- Perfect for slicing vegetables, fruits, prosciutto, cold cuts, meat, ham, cheese, bread, and more.
- The steel blade ensures a perfect cut for thin, even slices while reducing waste.
- The integrated sharpener improves the efficiency and durability of the blade.
- The slice baffle, blade cover, and meat table can be easily removed for quick and accurate cleaning.
- Gauge plate opening knob with 14-millimeter setting positions for precise adjustment.
- Angled feed plate for effortless and more precise slicing.
- Chrome-plated steel blade with professional profile: reduces waste and ensures perfect slices.
- Specific aluminum alloy casting and polymer feet for total stability during slicing.
- Integrated sharpener with two separate movements to increase sharpening precision.
- Very fine residual product to minimize material loss
- Fully IP65 sealed control panel
- Steel deflector for better slice evacuation
- No in the list
9. SUPER DEAL PRO Manual Meat Slicer
- ★ This high-quality stainless steel blade meat slicer is perfect for home use, caterers and chefs, etc. It provides 1/4 hp of power so that you can quickly slice up your own meats or vegetables for sandwiches, pizzas, and appetizers.
- ★ Compact Design - This slicer is small and compact so that you can fit it into your business more easily! The perfect size to place on a counter in your coffee shop or restaurant, the blade can also be moved for more thorough cleaning.
- ★ Built-In Sharpener - For convenient sharpening, this unit comes equipped with a built-in dual whetstones sharpener. Sharpening is easy and can be done in less than a minute, which is more convenient to keep a razor sharp edge on the blade, and safer to use.
- ★ Stainless Steel Blade - The stainless steel blade is designed to resist corrosion and maintain a sharp edge for slicing. Adjustable Slice Size - The cut thickness is easily adjustable from 0-13mm.
- ★ Fixed Ring Guard - This unit has a fixed ring guard for safety which prevents unintentional contact with the blade. Our meat slicer features the production you need for your deli, sandwich shop, or restaurant, we have thoroughly tested it to ensure great performance and long life!
- Stainless Steel Semi-Auto Meat Slicer, Cheese Food Electric Deli Slicer Veggies Cutter
This high-quality stainless steel blade meat slicer is ideal for home use, caterers and chefs, etc. With 1/4 hp power, you can quickly slice meat and vegetables for sandwiches, pizzas, and appetizers.
This slicer is small and compact, making it easier to fit into your business! It's the perfect size to place on the counter of a coffee shop or restaurant and the blade can be moved for easy cleaning.
- A metal pusher on the supply tray can apply pressure to the product to be sliced, preventing product slippage, ensuring an even cut, and protecting hands from the slicer knife.
The blade can be easily sharpened with the sharpening device on the top of the unit to restore precision sharpness if the blade begins to dull.
- The tray holds food up to 7.7" wide by 6.7" high, so you can slice anything from large hams to salami and pepperoni. In addition, the meat gripper arm holds the food in place while slicing.
The manual operation gives you complete control over the slicer while you work, and the side ergonomic handle is equipped with an ergonomic handle.
- A simple dial gives you full control over the thickness of your product, with 15 options from the thinnest slice to a 2/3-inch cut, and the machine can also slice very thin fine, and thick slices of cloth and other materials.
The 1/4 hp motor can handle several hours of slicing per day.
- The 10-inch blade is razor sharp and cuts through the product with ease, and the surrounding area is covered with a protective ring to protect the user.
A protective ring around the perimeter helps protect the user, and the two-stone design keeps the product razor-sharp under normal use.
- Safe, Razor Sharp Blade
- 8″ x 7″ Product Tray
- Simple Thickness Adjustment
- Built-In Sharpener
What Should I Look For When Buying A Meat Slicer?| Ultimate Guide 2023
Meat slicers range from as little as $50 to high-end models costing hundreds of dollars or thousands of euros. Blades range in size from 7 to 12 inches, motors from 150 to 500 watts, and overall size from 12 x 9 inches to almost 2 square feet. And they can weigh from 10 to 70 kilograms.
Consider the following points Before Investing In a Commercial Meat Slicer;
Capacity: Which model is best suited for you and your needs
There are three "classes" of electric slicers: intensive use, frequent use, and light household use. Let's take a closer look at what they are.
For Intensive/Commercial Use
The largest, fastest, strongest, and most capable top-of-the-line electric slicers on the market. Large and bulky, it is not designed to be moved in and out of warehouses. Typically weighing 50 pounds or more, with motors of 1/2 HP or more, and blades 10 inches or more, often 12-14 inches, they have the ability to chop anything thrown at them and run for hours on end without a break.
Many safety and convenience features include moisture-proof touchpad controls, multiple speeds, automatic shut-off, a removable trolley for cleaning, and minimal or no blade exposure for safety. If you want to slice very regularly, prepare large quantities of bacon at home, or set up a restaurant or sandwich store, this machine is for you.
Weighing 10 to 40 pounds, these machines can be moved in and out of the warehouse as needed. Generally constructed of stainless steel, aluminum alloy, and some plastic components, they are not as robust as commercial models, but they also do not require hard work.
Power of 240-320 watts and a 9- to 10-inch blade are standard for a mid-range machine and will be able to perform a moderate amount of work quickly. It can easily handle a variety of meats and many hard slices of cheese. However, the lightweight unit may fatigue the motor after 30 minutes or more of continuous use.
It is best suited for regular, non-intensive use. Slicing for a family sandwich for 30 minutes or preparing for a large gathering, brunch, or cookout is a perfect job for this meat slicer.
This slicer is designed for low-volume production with less than one hour of slicing time per day. They are ideal for slicing meat, bread, fruits, and vegetables, but not for cutting fresh or frozen meat or cheese. These lightweight models have small 120-150 W motors that run slowly and require periodic breaks to cool the motor when slicing operations are small.
Blades of 7 to 8 inches in diameter are common on these entry-level machines, which means that slicing items taller than 5 inches is not possible because the blades do not cut the entire surface. This is an ideal unit for budget-conscious occasion light use.
What ingredients should I slice and in what Tray Size?
If you are considering large cuts of meat or large blocks of cheese, you will need a tray large enough to hold the ingredients and a blade large enough to cut the whole thing cleanly in one pass.
Also, perhaps surprisingly, cheese is more difficult to slice than meat, and entry-level models generally cannot handle cheese. Finally, should you only use thick slices of steak to accompany mashed potatoes? Or sublime with paper-thin pastrami? Make sure the thickness adjustment knob on the model you select is within the desired slice thickness range.
Diameters 7 to 9 inches are generally for light duty and 10 to 14 inches for commercial and heavy duty.
As a rule of thumb, 2 inches smaller than the blade size is the highest sliceable food. This means.
- A 12-inch blade can slice food up to 10 inches high.
- A 10-inch blade can slice food up to 18 inches high.
- A 7-inch blade can slice foodstuffs 5 inches high.
Be sure to purchase a blade that is large enough!
Serrated or straight blade
Serrated blades for a butchery are excellent for cutting bread ears and very tough meats. However, they can squeeze and tear, so they cannot be used if some hams or sausages require thin slices. Straight blades are all-rounders that can cut both thick and thin slices, and with a powerful motor, they can easily cut bread crusts.
We especially recommend straight blades as all-rounders. However, if you purchase an inexpensive model and do not need to be able to slice thinly, a jagged blade will suffice and be useful to overcome the drawbacks of a low-power motor.
How much do you slice?
If you plan to slice food for more than 30 minutes at a time, you will need to purchase a higher-powered motor or a larger unit that can handle the heat generated and keep running. Smaller, lightweight slicers will overheat their motors after intensive use and require breaks for cooling. Continuous use is limited to about 15 minutes.
Nevertheless, these lightweight machines are ideal for occasional, light applications. However, if you intend to use your slicer regularly and for extended periods of time, you should choose a larger, more powerful, and more durable model.
Horsepower: How much power do you need?
How much and what you intend to slice is the question.
The basic model has a power of 120W/0.2hp and can handle cooked meats, bread, and vegetables. Note that you will need to let the machine rest after slicing for 15 minutes to cool the motor.
On the other hand, if you need to slice large quantities of semi-frozen meat or cheese, increase the power to 420W / 0.5hp; a good 0.5hp machine will do just about anything.
External dimensions and mass
Consider the overall dimensions of the machine (which can range from 10 kg to 70 kg or more), as well as the available counter and kitchen space.
Don't forget to think about muscle strength as well! Can you regularly lift large machines in and out of cabinets? Is there room to keep the unit on the counter?
If you are looking for superior quality, large, bulky machines are fine. Robust construction in steel and aluminum ensures durability and ease of use. When it comes to slicers, it is the price that determines the quality of the product. If you pay more, you get more.
Gear vs. Belt Drive: Transmission by Belt or Gear
This element connects the blade to the motor. Gears are stronger and more durable, especially those made of nylon, and are of high quality and quieter, but because they are mechanical systems, sooner or later they are likely to wear out and have to be repaired or replaced, which is expensive.
Although not as durable as gears, belt-driven models are more common today because the drive belts can be easily and inexpensively replaced by yourself without the help of a technician.
Ease of cleaning
As long as the meat is handled, sanitation must be perfect. Since this work is necessary every time the slicer is used, it is also important to consider ease of cleaning.
Some models are equipped with a special attachment that allows the blade to be easily removed for cleaning. If you are not good at cleaning, make a note of the number of knobs and screws you need to clean so you don't have to take out your toolbox every time you use the slicer.
Built-in blade sharpener
Today's top-of-the-line slicers have this great feature. The stones for sharpening the blade from time to time during use are stored at the top of the blade, and the blade can be sharpened with the push of two buttons during use. This eliminates the dangerous task of sharpening sharp blades by hand.
As with anything, you get what you pay for. A high-quality machine will last longer, provide smoother service, and be able to handle any slicing needs. A higher-quality slicer can cost from $350 to $3,000. An entry-level machine for light, occasional use can cost $100 to $200. Mid-range models, on the other hand, range in price from $150 to $400.
Non-slip rubber foot
You don't want a 50-pound machine with razor-sharp blades moving around while in use! Look for sturdy rubber feet or suction cups that give you enough grip and stability during operation.
Why You Need a Meat Slicer 6 Key Benefits
You don't want to spend money unnecessarily and fill your kitchen with other stuff. So let's talk about the essentials. Take a moment and ask yourself the following questions.
- Do you have a large family?
- Do you ever plan big gatherings like barbecues, parties, brunches, etc.?
- Do you make or smoke your own meat, bacon, or cheese?
- Do you prepare a lot of sandwiches?
- Do you have difficulty cutting meat and cheese safely and evenly?
- Are the exact size and weight of each slice important for portion control?
- Do you like to save money?
But if you answered "yes" to any of the other questions, please continue reading.
For busy families, slicers are a great way to save time on the cutting board and money at the grocery store. The benefits of owning a slicer are:
Your time is precious. If you spend more time than necessary preparing food for family meals, catering businesses, or social events, investing in a fast, powerful, high-efficiency slicer can save you a lot of time cutting by hand.
You can control the thickness of your food, from thin slices for sandwiches to thick slices for main dishes. Meat slicers are thinner than knife slicers, which allows for greater precision in each slice.
Ease of use
Meat slicers are easy to use and safer than knives. In addition, they can be used immediately at any time, without any special settings, simply by selecting the thickness of the slice. For roasts, turkey, and brisket, I still use a good slicing knife, but for everything else (bacon, ham, cheese) a good slicer is much easier.
Buying pre-sliced items from a delicatessen will always cost more than slicing them yourself. If you buy sliced meat, cheese, or bread in bulk, you can quickly amortize your investment in a slicing machine.
Many people try to control the amount of food they eat. By cutting food into uniform thicknesses and sizes, you can control portion sizes.
This is my favorite. The way freshly sliced meats and cheeses fold beautifully into a sandwich, and the crisp freshness of freshly sliced vegetables and fruits are aesthetically pleasing along with the deliciousness of the food. It looks good and tastes good.
Best Commercial Meat Slicers | Video Explanation
What Is Not Recommended When Operating A Meat Slicer?
There are a few things that are not recommended when operating a meat slicer:
- Using your hands to push the meat through the slicer: This can be dangerous, as it puts your hands in close proximity to the sharp blade. Instead, use the pusher or food carriage to push the meat through the slicer.
- Slicing bones or other hard materials: Meat slicers are not designed to handle hard materials like bones. This can damage the blade and the slicer itself, and it can be dangerous.
- Slicing frozen meat: It's generally not recommended to slice frozen meat with a meat slicer. The blade may dull quickly, and the frozen meat may not slice evenly. It's best to thaw the meat first and slice it when it's partially or fully thawed.
- Slicing extremely thin or thick slices: Meat slicers are designed to make slices of a specific thickness range. Slicing meat too thin or too thick may result in uneven slices or damage to the slicer.
- Using the slicer for purposes other than slicing meat: Meat slicers are designed specifically for slicing meat and should not be used for any other purpose.
How Often Should A Meat Slicer Be Washed?
It's important to regularly clean and sanitize your meat slicer to ensure that it is safe and hygienic to use. The frequency of cleaning will depend on how often the slicer is used and the type of food being sliced.
As a general rule, it's a good idea to clean the slicer after each use. This will help to prevent bacteria from growing on the slicer and reduce the risk of foodborne illness.
If the slicer is used frequently, it may be necessary to clean it more than once per day. In this case, it's important to follow a thorough cleaning and sanitizing schedule to ensure that the slicer is properly maintained.
When cleaning the slicer, be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and use appropriate cleaning supplies. This may include a mild detergent and warm water for washing, and a food-safe sanitizing solution for sanitizing.
It's also important to regularly lubricate the slicer to ensure that it is operating smoothly and efficiently. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for the recommended frequency and type of lubrication.
How Do You Sharpen Commercial Meat Slicer Blade?
Sharpening a commercial meat slicer blade can be a complex process that requires special equipment and expertise. It's generally best to have the blade professionally sharpened by a company that specializes in sharpening slicer blades.
If you do choose to sharpen the blade yourself, there are a few steps you can follow:
- Remove the blade from the slicer: Before you begin sharpening the blade, make sure to turn off and unplug the slicer and remove the blade from the slicer.
- Clean the blade: Use a soft cloth or brush to remove any food particles or debris from the blade.
- Secure the blade: Secure the blade in a blade holder or clamp to keep it steady while sharpening.
- Use a honing stone: Use a honing stone to sharpen the blade by running it along the edge of the blade in a back-and-forth motion.
- Test the sharpness: After sharpening, test the blade by slicing a piece of paper. If the blade is sharp, the paper should slice cleanly. If it doesn't, continue honing the blade until it is sharp.
It's important to use caution when sharpening a meat slicer blade. The blade is extremely sharp and can cause serious injury if handled improperly. If you are not comfortable or familiar with the process, it's best to have the blade professionally sharpened.
Can You Cut Steaks With A Meat Slicer?
Yes, you can cut steaks with a meat slicer. Meat slicers are designed to slice a variety of meats, including beef, pork, and poultry. However, it's important to note that the thickness of the slices will depend on the slicer's blade size and the setting that you choose.
If you want to cut steaks with a meat slicer, it's best to start with a thicker cut of meat. This will allow you to get even, consistent slices that are the right thickness for steaks. You may also want to consider using a slicer with a larger blade size, as this will allow you to slice thicker cuts of meat.
It's also important to make sure that the meat is properly prepared before slicing. This may involve thawing the meat if it is frozen, or trimming off any excess fat or bone.
When using a meat slicer to cut steaks, it's important to follow proper food safety practices. This includes washing your hands and the slicer before and after use and properly storing the sliced meat to prevent bacterial growth.
What is the function of a slicing machine?
A slicer also called a sausage slicer or simply a slicing machine is a tool used in butcher shops and delicatessens to slice meat, sausages, cheese, and other deli products.
Can a slicer slice raw meat?
Slicers can be used to slice raw meat, but cross-contamination with other prepared foods must be avoided. Also, raw meat must be sliced reliably because it is difficult to slice evenly if it is still tough and flaccid.
Can hot meat be cut with a meat slicer?
A meat slicer is a manual or motorized machine for slicing meat. They can also be used to slice other foods such as cheese and cabbage. The meat to be sliced can be hot or cold, and thin or thick.
Where Are Lem Slicers Made?
Lem slicers are made by LEM Products, a company based in the United States. LEM Products was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in West Chester, Ohio. The company specializes in making high-quality products for home meat processing, including meat grinders, sausage stuffers, and meat slicers. LEM slicers are made with durable materials and are designed to handle the demands of home and commercial use. The company is known for its commitment to customer service and offers a wide range of products to meet the needs of home cooks and professional chefs alike.
Where Are Berkel Slicers Made?
Berkel slicers are made by Berkel, a company based in the Netherlands. Berkel was founded in 1898 and is headquartered in Rotterdam. The company is known for its high-quality slicers, which are used in both commercial and residential settings. Berkel slicers are made with durable materials and are designed to handle the demands of professional use. The company offers a wide range of slicers to meet the needs of different customers, including manual crank-style slicers, fully automated electric slicers, and slicers with a range of slicing thickness options. Berkel slicers are known for their durability and reliability, and the company is dedicated to providing excellent customer service.
Why is it called a slicer?
A slicer conveys to the printer the information it needs to print an object in its optimal form. The slicer is primarily responsible for dividing the model into individual layers of material along the z-axis, or "slices."' The 3D printer does not receive a geometry file (usually STL), but G-code.
For efficiency, speed and savings, there is nothing better than investing in one of the best commercial meat slicers mentioned above. Even the higher quality models will pay for themselves over time, if you think about how much you pay the meat slicer to slice for you, instead of buying in bulk and doing it yourself.
We hope this post has helped you better understand the features and operation of a slicer. And we hope that, with our buying guide, we have made it easier for you to choose the right slicer for you. But of one thing we are certain: you want one. You want it now! And you know it will be one of your best kitchen purchases!
Let us know what you think of our slicer reviews. Have you chosen one of these models? Is there a model you own that you recommend? We love comments and feedback, so join the conversation below.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply