Transform Your Tap: Find the Best Countertop Water Filter System for Clean and Safe Drinking Water
If you’re looking for an easy and convenient way to improve the quality of your drinking water, a countertop water filter system might be the perfect solution. Countertop water filters are designed to sit on your kitchen counter and filter the water directly from your tap, providing you with clean and safe drinking water in minutes.
With so many different options on the market, choosing the best countertop water filter system can be overwhelming. In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at the different types of countertop water filters and provide you with the information you need to choose the best solution for your needs. Whether you’re concerned about chlorine, heavy metals, or other contaminants, you’ll find the information you need to make an informed decision.
Do Countertop Water Filters Work?
Yes, countertop water filters can effectively remove certain contaminants from your drinking water. However, the effectiveness of a countertop water filter will depend on the type of filter, the contaminants you want to remove, and the quality of the filter.
Countertop water filters come in many different types, including activated carbon filters, ceramic filters, and reverse osmosis (RO) systems. Activated carbon filters are effective at removing chlorine, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and some heavy metals. Ceramic filters are effective at removing bacteria and protozoa. RO systems are more complex and can effectively remove a wide range of contaminants, including lead, arsenic, fluoride, and more.
It’s important to do your research and choose a high-quality countertop water filter that is specifically designed to remove the contaminants you are concerned about. Regular maintenance and filter replacement are also important to ensure that your filter continues to work effectively.
Is It Worth Getting A Water Filtration System?
Whether or not a water filtration system is worth the investment depends on several factors, including:
- Quality of tap water: The quality of tap water varies greatly depending on where you live. If you live in an area with high levels of contaminants in the water supply, a filtration system may be a good investment to improve the quality of your drinking water.
- Health concerns: If you or someone in your household has a health condition that requires you to avoid certain contaminants, a filtration system may be necessary to ensure that your water is safe to drink.
- Personal preference: Some people prefer the taste of filtered water to tap water, even if the tap water is safe to drink.
- Cost: Water filtration systems can vary greatly in price, from relatively inexpensive activated carbon filters to more complex and expensive reverse osmosis or distillation systems. You’ll want to consider the cost of the system, as well as the cost of replacement filters when deciding whether a filtration system is worth the investment.
- Convenience: Some filtration systems are more convenient to use than others, so you’ll want to consider factors such as ease of installation, maintenance requirements, and the amount of time and effort required to use the system on a daily basis.
Ultimately, whether a water filtration system is worth the investment depends on your individual circumstances and priorities. If you have concerns about the quality of your tap water or have specific health concerns, it may be worth considering a filtration system. If you have access to high-quality tap water and don’t have any health concerns, a filtration system may not be necessary.
Best Countertop Water Filter System
What is a countertop water filter?
First of all, what exactly is a countertop water purifier?
As the name implies, countertop water purifiers are designed to be placed on the kitchen counter to produce clean drinking water from the regular tap or well water.
Consider reverse osmosis and gravity purifiers (discussed in more detail in the next section).
The main advantages of tabletop filters are affordability, ease of use, and filtration efficiency. In addition, most systems are completely construction-free or non-permanent and very easy to install. The result is a highly portable water filtration system.
Disadvantages are that the filter system is always on display, there is only one point of use, and the water flow is slow.
Types of Countertop Water Purifiers and How They Work
When looking at the market, you will find many different types of countertop water purifiers, and they vary in how they work. The breakdown is as follows.
Comparison of tap and stand-alone types
On the other hand, there are also countertop filters that connect to a typical-sized faucet in the home, such as a kitchen faucet. A connection is required to feed the filter. Water passes through an inlet hose attached to the faucet, goes through various stages of the filter system, and comes out clean from a dispenser or outlet pipe.
On the other hand, there are also stand-alone units. They do not have a water connection and require manual water filling, which may seem less convenient. Automatic units, on the other hand, can be easily moved around without worrying about being near a sink.
Standard Countertop Filters
Countertop filters can also be divided into those that use common types of filter media and those that use more specialized water treatment methods (the latter will be discussed a little later).
Typical countertop water filters use sedimentation filtration, activated carbon/catalyst, KDF, and ion exchange resins. Depending on the number of filtration steps and the sophistication of the overall filtration process, they are usually sufficient to remove a wide range of common and harmful contaminants from the water.
Reverse Osmosis Systems
RO systems combine reverse osmosis filtration with some of the above filtration materials to achieve the highest levels of contaminant reduction.
Water Steam Distillation
As mentioned above, water distillers are water purifiers, not water purifiers. However, we have decided to include them in this guidebook because of their unrivaled performance. When water is distilled in a normal household distiller, it produces nearly pure H2O.
Gravity Water Filters
Gravity water filters are designed to use gravity to pass water through a filter element. Most filters remove contaminants such as fluorine, chlorine, and lead.
Water purifiers and faucet filters are also not classified as countertop water purifiers, but just in case some of you do.
A woman holding a filtered water jug
Filtration methods and media: mechanical filtration, carbon filtration, ceramic filtration, KDF, ultrafiltration.
Besides RO filtration and water distillation, what are some common filtration methods and filtration media used in countertop water purifiers?
- Sedimentation filters provide mechanical filtration. Filter bags prevent water contamination by size exclusion.
- Activated carbon or catalytic charcoal filter media adsorb harmful chemicals and other substances in the surface pores.
- Ceramic filters are mechanical filters.
- KDF filter media is based on an alloy of copper and zinc. Oxidation-reduction reactions convert contaminants into harmful ones.
- Ultrafiltration films have very fine pores and can filter particles much smaller than 1 micron.
Best Countertop Water Filter System | Comparison Table 2023
Top Quality | 5 Star Pick | Great Price
|Big Berkey® Gravity-Fed Water Filter with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements||Berkey||Check Price|
|AquaTru Connect Smart Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System with App | WiFi Capability||AQUA TRU||Check Price|
|Epic Pure Countertop Water Filter Dispenser For Drinking Water. 36 Cup 150 Gallon Long Last Filter. BPA Free Removes Fluoride, Chlorine, Lead Water Purifier Large Water Jug Dispenser||Epic Water Filters||Check Price|
|Pentair Rocean Reservoir, Countertop Water Filter System, Drink Cleaner and Great Tasting Water, NSF/ANSI 42, 53, 401 Certified||Rocean||Check Price|
|Bluevua RO100ROPOT Reverse Osmosis System Countertop Water Filter, 4 Stage Purification, Counter RO Filtration, 2:1 Pure to Drain, Purified Tap Water, Portable Water Purifier for Home||Bluevua||Check Price|
|Brondell H630 H2O+ Cypress Countertop Water Filter System, 11.5x11x4.25, White/Black||Brondell||Check Price|
|New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Plus Water Filter Replacement Cartridge||New Wave Enviro||Check Price|
|cleanwater4less Countertop Water Filtration System - No Plumbing Water Filter - Faucet Adapter||cleanwater4less||Check Price|
|APEX EXPRT MR-2050 Duel Countertop Water Filter, Carbon and Mineral pH Alkaline Water Filter, Easy Install Faucet Water Filter - Reduces Heavy Metals, Bad Taste and Up to 99% of Chlorine - White||Exprt||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Top 9+ Picks of Countertop Water Filter Systems | Reviews 2023
1. Big Berkey Gravity-Fed Water Filter Removes The Most Contaminants
- 2.25 GALLON CAPACITY- The portable Big Berkey Purification System effortlessly purifies water for about 1-4 people each day. Add additional Black Berkey Purification Elements (the Big Berkey System can hold a maximum of four) to increase the flow rate. The system is just 19.25” tall and 8.5” in diameter.
- POWERFUL PURIFICATION- Berkey systems equipped with Black Berkey Purification Elements purify water—not just filter it—by addressing over 200+ contaminants in tap water or raw, untreated freshwater sources like ponds, rivers and streams.
- ECONOMICAL, LONG-LASTING- A pair of Black Berkey Purification Elements lasts for up to 6,000 gallons before needing replacement. Each additional pair of elements (sold separately) adds an additional 6,000 gallons of purification power to your system. Black Berkey Purification Elements average just 2 cents per gallon of purified water.
- INDEPENDENT TESTING- Berkey by NMCL uses several independent third-party labs to test a broad range of potential contaminants and conducts Extreme Testing for lead and PFCs in order to show the effectiveness of our Black Berkey Purification Elements.
- DRINK CONFIDENTLY VIRTUALLY ANYWHERE- No electricity, tools or plumbing required. Travel the world, prepare for emergencies, and take control of your family’s everyday drinking water with your Berkey gravity-fed water filtration system with Black Berkey purification elements. Enjoy delicious, nourishing water from the leader in gravity-fed water solutions.
The Big Berkey Gravity-Fed Water Filter is a portable, stainless steel filtration system designed to provide clean and great-tasting water in various settings such as at home, camping, RVing, off-grid living, and in emergency situations. The system is equipped with two Black Berkey Elements that address over 200 typical contaminants that may be present in tap water or other freshwater sources. With a 2.25-gallon capacity, the Big Berkey System can easily filter water for 1 to 4 people per day, and the flow rate can be increased by adding additional Black Berkey Elements (sold separately).
The system is economical, with each pair of Black Berkey Elements providing filtered water for pennies per gallon, and lasting for up to 6,000 gallons before replacement is recommended. Independent testing by accredited third-party labs has confirmed the efficacy of the Black Berkey Elements in removing or reducing over 200 typical contaminants found in tap water and other freshwater sources.
- Provides clean and great-tasting water.
- Removes or reduces over 200 typical contaminants.
- Portable and easy to use.
- Economical, with long-lasting filters.
- Independent testing confirms its efficacy.
- Best countertop alkaline water filter
- Currently unavailable.
- The flow rate is limited.
- Maximum capacity is 2.25 gallons.
2. AquaTru Connect Smart Most Effective Countertop Filtration System
- TRANSFORM TAP WATER - AquaTru water purifier has a patented 4-Stage Ultra Reverse OsmosisⓇ Technology that is certified to NSF/ANSI standards to remove 83 contaminants, including Lead, Chlorine, Fluoride, Nitrates, PFOA, PFOS and much more
- SMART TECHNOLOGY - Amazing app features include Precise Filter Usage, TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) Meters in both the Tap water and Clean water tanks, Water Consumption Tracking, and Total Money & Plastic bottles saved by using AquaTru water filter. Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- COST-EFFECTIVE and ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: AquaTru’s affordable filters are made to last for 600-1200 gallons – that’s a filter change every 6 mos. to 2 yrs. Just one set of AquaTru’s water purifier filters makes the equivalent of 4,500 single-use, 16.9 oz plastic water bottles
- NO PLUMBING OR INSTALLATION required: Takes minutes to set up. AquaTru’s trusted & warrantied Reverse Osmosis water filtration system costs considerably less than fully installed under-the-counter RO systems and delivers clean, delicious tasting water without the extra cost or hassle
- EASY TO USE: Quick change twist-and-seal filters included with your first AquaTru Connect water purification system. Sleek, compact design purifies 1 gallon of tap water in 10-15 minutes. AquaTru water purifier systems are backed by our 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee
- 50% Off All Water Filtration Systems For a Limited Time. Free Shipping, Lifetime Warranty. Whole House Water Filter Sale On All Systems.
- Whether for your home or office, explore different cooler options to match your needs. Innovative water filtration systems and modern technology make drinking clean water easy.
The AquaTru Connect Smart Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System is a high-tech, cost-effective solution to purify tap water. This system has a patented 4-stage Ultra Reverse Osmosis Technology that is certified to remove 83 contaminants, including lead, chlorine, fluoride, and many more. The AquaTru water purifier uses a smart technology app, compatible with both iOS and Android devices, which has precise filter usage, TDS meters in both tap water and clean water tanks, water consumption tracking, and total money and plastic bottles saved by using AquaTru water filter.
With no plumbing or installation required, setting up the AquaTru water purifier system takes only minutes. The affordable filters are made to last for 600-1200 gallons, which is a filter change every 6 months to 2 years. With just one set of AquaTru’s water purifier filters, the equivalent of 4,500 single-use plastic water bottles can be avoided, making it both cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
- Removes 83 contaminants including lead, chlorine, fluoride, and more.
- Smart technology app for precise filter usage and water tracking.
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
- No plumbing or installation is required.
- Easy to use with quick change filters.
- Currently unavailable.
- The limited capacity of 1 gallon.
- Only 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 57 ratings.
3. Epic Pure: Countertop Water Filter That Removes All Contaminants
- Filtered Dispenser for Refrigerator: This large water filtration dispenser for refrigerator is easy to pour and refill. This space-efficient dispenser fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves and is great for families. This solid carbon block water purifier pitcher with a filter will keep your family drinking clearly filtered water for years to come. Rigorously tested against NSF/ANSI standards 42, 53, 401, and P473 (NSF 53 Water Filter) | Countertop water filter dispenser includes 1 filter
- Fluoride Water Filters: Proprietary formulated carbon block water filter to remove fluoride Chlorine Water Filter: Designed and tested to remove chlorine Lead Water Filter: 6mm thick carbon block removes lead PFAS Water Filter: Designed and tested to remove the Forever Chemical PFOA PFOS PFC 1,4-Dioxane Water Filter: Recently tested for the removal of 1,4-Dioxane in drinking water. Haloacetic Acids (HAAs) Water Filter: Recently tested for the removal of Haloacetic acids.
- Tap Water Filter: Proprietary solid carbon block filter removes 2000% more contaminants than the leading water filter pitcher including Total Trihalomethanes, Chromium 6, Fluoride, Chloramines, Bromodichloromethane and much more. 6mm thick solid carbon block water filters protect you and your family from contaminants that other filters miss. Smart filter media keeps healthy trace minerals like calcium and magnesium in your water, which a reverse osmosis system will strip out
- Filter Life Countdown Timer: The Pure Dispenser also comes with a LED timer, which counts down from 90 days, integrated into the lid that reminds you when it is time to change the filter. Never again will you have to guess about your filter. Got city tap water? Want to remove both lead and fluoride? Then, this is the pitcher for you...
- Water Purifier Dispenser with Filter: Each premium quality gravity water filter produces 150 gallons of fresh, contaminant-free drinking water (lasting 4 times longer than the leading water filter pitcher. Remove 99.99% of all tap water contaminants. | 100% BPA-free, 100% Approved Food Grade Materials, 100% Recyclable, 100% Vegan. 0% Pretentious, Kids call it Next Level in Spanish they say, Filtros de Agua Para la Cocina, Filtros de Agua, Purificador de Agua
The Epic Pure Countertop Water Filter Dispenser is a large water jug dispenser designed for drinking water. It is made from activated carbon block and ion exchange materials, with a capacity of 150 gallons. The dispenser comes with a 150-gallon filter included and is BPA-free, ensuring safe and contaminant-free drinking water for families. The product dimensions are 12.01"L x 8.46" W x 8.07"H, making it easy to pour and refill, and fitting perfectly on refrigerator shelves.
The dispenser is equipped with several advanced filtration methods, including reverse osmosis and carbon block, which remove contaminants such as fluoride, chlorine, lead, PFAS, PFOA, PFOS, PFC, 1,4-Dioxane, and haloacetic acids (HAAs) from drinking water. The filter life countdown timer, integrated into the lid, reminds the user when it is time to change the filter, eliminating the guesswork.
- Large capacity (150 gallons)
- Multiple advanced filtration methods
- Removes many contaminants
- Filter life countdown timer
- NSF-certified countertop water filter
- Only filters water from the dispenser
- May not fit all refrigerator shelves
- Replacement filters may be expensive.
4. Pentair Rocean Reservoir Countertop Water Filter System
- CLEANER DRINKING WATER - Removes 76 contaminants*, including lead, chemicals, and cysts, with a long-lasting carbon block cartridge. BPA-free tank with stainless steel spout. (* see Cert. of Compliance under Product Details for more info)
- BETTER THAN BRITA – The Rocean filter removes 10x the contaminants than the standard Brita pitcher filters, which only filters 7 contaminants. (Brita model# OB03)
- CARTRIDGE LASTS 9X LONGER - Rocean’s filter lasts up to 390 gallons eliminating 2,953 plastic bottles. Brita OB30 filters must be replaced every 40 gallons.
- BEAUTIFUL WORKS-ANYWHERE DESIGN - The Pentair Rocean Reservoir is a beautiful addition to the kitchen counter-top, bathroom, nightstand, office, or anywhere you want cleaner, better tasting water.
- EASY SETUP / NO WAIT – No plumbing or installation. Just plug in, fill up the reservoir, and press the button to dispense cleaner water on demand.
- Designed With You In Mind While Bringing Filtered Water To Your Countertop. State-Of-The-Art Design & Beautifully Crafted Water Filtration System. Shop Now. Usage-Based Filter Alerts. Plumb-Free Counter Setup. Long Lasting Filter. On-Demand Filtration.
- Enjoy Delicious Filtered Water Straight From The Tap While You Support The Environment.
The Pentair Rocean Reservoir is a countertop water filter system that provides cleaner and great-tasting water. The system is NSF/ANSI 42, 53, 401 certified, ensuring that it removes 76 contaminants, including lead, chemicals, and cysts, through its long-lasting carbon block cartridge. The system's BPA-free tank has a stainless steel spout, adding to its aesthetic appeal. The Rocean filter removes 10 times more contaminants than the standard Brita pitcher filters, which only remove 7 contaminants. The filter lasts up to 390 gallons, eliminating the need for 2,953 plastic bottles, whereas Brita filters must be replaced every 40 gallons.
The beautiful and versatile design of the Pentair Rocean Reservoir makes it a great addition to any kitchen countertop, bathroom, nightstand, office, or any other location. The system requires no plumbing or installation and can be set up easily by just plugging it in, filling the reservoir, and pressing the button to dispense cleaner water on demand.
- Certified to remove 76 contaminants
- Stainless steel spout
- Long-lasting filter
- Removes 10x more contaminants than Brita
- Best countertop water filter nsf certified
- BPA-free tank
- Requires electricity
- No hot water dispensing
- May be pricey compared to other filters
5. Bluevua Best Countertop Water Filter System
- COUNTERTOP FILTRATION: No plumbing or installation is required for this RO system. Simply plug this purifier into any power source to enjoy a cup of filtered water anytime! We added the manual flushing function to help maintain the system! Every 30 days, when the banana-shaped water volume button and the round water-making button flash together, please follow the reminder and press them simultaneously to trigger the 6 minutes self-cleaning to flush out the remained contaminants.
- POWER SAVING/WATER SAVING: The water system automatically enters power-saving standby mode when not in use to reduce power consumption. Leftover water from a cycle isn't deemed wastewater so more water is saved to use for various household purposes.
- 4-STAGE FILTRATION: 4 levels of filtration are utilized to ensure the purest water possible. 99.9% of all possible contaminants are filtered out so you can confidently drink your own tap water.
- FILTER LIFE MONITOR: The countertop water filters last for a long time between 12-24 months to provide 1-2 years of clean drinking water before needing replacement. Filters are also designed to help save water with an impressive 2:1 Pure to Drain ratio. Monitor display shows the service life of filters and water quality so you can easily keep track of filter replacement and periodically switch out filter tubes.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT/WARRANTY: 1-year warranty can be found in the manual or Bluevua's official website. Simply scan the QR code and fill out the purchase information for 1-year manufacturer warranty registration. In addition, online customer service is also available for help. We stand behind our products and our company. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your Bluevua products, we offer a 30-day full refund and a 1-year warranty on all our products.
The Bluevua RO100ROPOT Reverse Osmosis System is a portable, countertop water filter that utilizes 4 stages of purification to ensure the purest water possible. The water container is made of high borosilicate glass, reducing the risk of secondary pollution and making it a premium-quality countertop filtration system. No plumbing or installation is required and the system can be easily plugged into any power source.
The RO100ROPOT also features a power-saving standby mode and a water-saving 2:1 Pure to Drain ratio to help conserve resources. The filter life monitor displays the service life of the filters and water quality, making it easy to keep track of filter replacement and periodic filter changes.
- Portable, countertop design for easy use.
- 4-stage filtration for pure water.
- High-quality borosilicate glass carafe.
- Power-saving and water-saving features.
- Filter life monitor for easy maintenance.
- Currently unavailable.
- May require frequent filter replacement.
- May not filter out all contaminants.
6. Brondell H630 H2O Countertop Water Filter Best For Microplastics
- POWERFUL FILTRATION: three-stage patented Nanotrap technology delivers high quality filtration usually found only in more complex under-counter systems
- CONVENIENT FAUCET ATTACHMENT: easily attaches to your faucet without compromising power of filtration, fits most faucets with provided adapters
- INSPIRED DESIGN: elegant and slim profile countertop design with ergonomic push-button control for dispensing water
- INDEPENDENT LAB TESTED and CERTIFIED: by WQA (Water Quality Association) for NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53, and 372
- EASY INSTALLATION: can be installed in under 10 minutes, filter replacement is quick and simple;Do not use with water that is unsafe or of unknown quality
- CONTINUOUS FILTERED WATER: water dispensed continuously at the push of a button without wastewater like complex RO systems
- Water Filters and Water Softener System Sale. 1,000,000 Gallon Capacity, Lifetime Warranty. 50% Off All Water Filtration Systems For a Limited Time. Free Shipping, Lifetime Warranty.
- This specialized nanotechnology filter reduces turbidity and waterborne microorganisms.
The Brondell H630 H2O+ Cypress Countertop Water Filter System is a powerful and convenient solution for filtering your tap water. With its patented three-stage Nanotrap technology, this system delivers high-quality filtration that is usually only found in more complex under-counter systems. The elegant and slim profile countertop design makes it a stylish addition to any kitchen, and the ergonomic push-button control allows for easy dispensing of water.
Installation is quick and easy, taking under 10 minutes, and filter replacement is just as simple. The system attaches easily to your faucet without compromising the power of filtration and comes with adapters to fit most faucets. Additionally, it has been independently lab tested and certified by the Water Quality Association for NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53, and 372, ensuring that you are getting the highest quality filtered water. With its continuous filtered water dispensing, this system dispenses water at the push of a button without creating any wastewater like more complex RO systems.
- Three-stage patented Nanotrap technology for high-quality filtration.
- Convenient faucet attachment.
- Elegant and slim profile design.
- Independent lab tested and certified.
- Easy installation and filter replacement.
- Currently unavailable.
- May not fit all faucets.
- Not suitable for use with unsafe or unknown quality water.
7. New Wave Enviro: Countertop Water Filter System Best For Home
- DRINK SAFE WATER: The 10 Stage replacement cartridge produces freshwater by removing a significant amount of common water contaminants and bacteria found in tap water, including chlorine and lead, to help keep your water safe and clean.
- ELIMINATES CONTAINMENTS: 10 Stage works to eliminate harmful contaminants that contribute to illnesses. Once the water has been filtered, desirable minerals like magnesium, potassium, chlorides, and fluoride are left behind.
- EASY REPLACEMENT: The cartridge is easy to replace and produces approximately 1,500 gallons of water, or enough to last one year for a family of four. The replacement cartridge is compatible with New Wave Enviro’s 10 Stage System.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE: By using a kitchen water filter at home, you can save money on water bottles and you can help eliminate the number of plastic water bottles being used.
- NEW WAVE ENVIRO: New Wave is a family-owned company based in sunny Colorado. Their Enviro Products are designed to inspire and support healthy, active living.
- This system filters up to 800 gallons of water and costs only two cents per glass.
- Get great-tasting, healthy water! New Wave Enviro Products patented 10 Stage Plus Water Filter delivers chlorine-free, odorless.
The New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Plus Water Filter Replacement Cartridge is a product designed to produce clean and safe water for your home. With a 4.5 star rating and over 1,178 ratings, this product is a trusted choice for many consumers. The 10-stage filtration process removes a significant amount of contaminants found in tap water, including chlorine and lead, to help keep your water safe. The product is made of plastic and has a compact size of 3"D x 3"W x 9.5"H, making it easy to fit into any kitchen.
The 10 Stage Plus Water Filter Replacement Cartridge is an environmentally responsible choice as it eliminates the need for plastic water bottles. By using this product, you can help reduce the amount of plastic waste while also saving money. The cartridge is easy to replace and produces approximately 1,500 gallons of water, enough to last a year for a family of four. Additionally, the filtration process leaves behind desirable minerals such as magnesium, potassium, chlorides, and fluoride.
- Removes pollutants from tap water, including chlorine and lead.
- Easy to replace the cartridge.
- Environmentally responsible, reduces the need for plastic water bottles.
- Leaves behind desirable minerals.
- A trusted choice, with a high rating and over 1,178 positive reviews.
- Shipping and import fees to certain countries may be high.
- May not effectively remove all contaminants.
- The durability and longevity of the product may be questionable.
8. Cleanwater4less Countertop Water Filtration System
- No Replacement Filters! Saves Money! Easy to install and comes with instructions and pre-filter included!
- Granulated Activated Carbon - 97% Chlorine reduction, effectively filters sediment, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), taste and odor from water.
- Stylish diverter valve attaches right to most standard faucets, NO TOOLS NECESSARY!
- 10,000 Gallons of Fresh Water! No more lugging cases or bottles of water!
- Work With Us On Your Next Wastewater Project For 1 Year Warranty And Aftermarket Services. Experts In Integration Of Wastewater Treatment Technologies Into A Single Treatment Train. Industry Leader. Innovative Solutions. Award Winning.
- Enjoy Healthy Filtered Water Right In Your Own Home With HomeWater Home Filtration Systems.
- No Replacement Filters! Saves Money! Easy to install and comes with instructions and pre-filter included! Granulated Activated Carbon - 97% Chlorine.
- Help To Eliminate Waste & Plastic Bottles with HomeWater Filtration Systems.
The cleanwater4less Countertop Water Filtration System is a no-plumbing water filter that is designed to provide clean and great-tasting water. The system is made of stainless steel and has a capacity of 10 gallons. It uses an activated carbon purification method and comes with an adapter for easy installation.
Based on customer ratings, the cleanwater4less Countertop Water Filtration System is easy to install and use, and provides good-tasting water. It has received an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from 742 customer reviews. The product is currently unavailable, and it is not clear when it will be back in stock. For those interested in a similar product, the Amazon Basics Inline Water Filter is an alternative option, which is available for purchase and comes in a pack of 2.
- No plumbing required
- Made of stainless steel
- Uses the activated carbon purification method
- Comes with an adapter for easy installation
- Provides clean and great-tasting water
- Currently unavailable
- No information on when it will be back in stock
- The limited capacity of 10 gallons
9. APEX EXPRT MR-2050 Duel Countertop Water Filter Reverse Osmosis
- Very easy to install No need to drill holes or hire a plumber for this water filtration system. The simple twist-on installation makes it easy to set up. Fits most standard faucets with a 55/64 thread. Comes with four additional faucet adapters. If none of the water purifier adapters fit your faucet, APEX EXPRT technical support will try to diagnose and provide additional adapters to complete your installation and get you your filtered water.
- Better tasting water The five stages of this sink water filter effectively reduce the most common impurities found in tap water, such as sediments, hydrogen sulfide, pesticides, chlorine, chloramine, and other harmful chemicals. It also reduces heavy metals such as lead, iron, and mercury to ensure the water tastes great and is clean & healthy. *best kitchen water filter.
- Much better water quality Once the water has been filtered with KDF-55 (heavy metal reduction media) and a charcoal water filter (coconut shell, healthy minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium are added to enhance the waters pH level to alkalinity. NOTE: This countertop water filter system does NOT lower TDS or PPM readings. If TDS or PPM removal is desired, a reverse osmosis drinking water filter is required. *kitchen drinking water filters do not lower TDS to PPM
- Worth the money No longer need to carry heavy cases of water bottles, water filters eliminate that need. Countertop water filtration can not only save you money, but it is the responsible choice to eliminate the millions of plastic water bottles. Buying bottled water for daily home consumption gets expensive. One water faucet filter cartridge can last up to 4-6 months. (This may vary based on the quality of the feed water).
- Looks nice anywhere This countertop water filter is designed to be used in a home kitchen, apartments, rental housing, and RVs. Double filtration combines the benefits of two different cartridges into a single system to deliver high-quality water. The MR-2050 is for municipal water only. Do not use it with well water. Includes 30-day money-back and limited one-year manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. * This water purifier is for municipal water.
The APEX EXPRT MR-2050 Dual Countertop Water Filter is a white color filtration system that promises to provide clean and healthy water to households. This water filter is designed to fit most standard faucets with a 55/64" thread and comes with four additional faucet adapters. In case the water purifier adapters do not fit the user's faucet, the APEX EXPRT technical support promises to diagnose and provide additional adapters to complete the installation.
This water filtration system has five stages of filtration, which reduce the common impurities found in tap water such as sediments, hydrogen sulfide, pesticides, chlorine, chloramine, and other harmful chemicals. The KDF-55 (heavy metal reduction media) and the charcoal water filter (coconut shell) helps to enhance the water's pH level to alkalinity, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium are added to improve the taste of the water.
- Easy to install
- Improves the taste of water
- Enhances water quality
- Saves money
- Attractive design
- Currently unavailable
- May not fit all faucets
- Does not lower TDS or PPM readings
How To Choose The Best Countertop Water Filter System | Ultimate Guide 2023
Countertop water filters come in two styles: tap-guided and freestanding filters.
Faucet-mounted countertop filters pass tap water directly from the sink through a small hose to the filter. Filtered water is dispensed from a faucet integrated with the water purifier, not from the sink faucet. This type of water purifier requires user installation, but the process is usually quick and easy and requires few tools.
Stand-alone countertop filters are not connected to the water main. Instead, water from the tap must be added manually. Usually, a jug works well, but if you have a water tap, you can use a hose to fill the water purification tank. Tabletop filters of this type tend to be larger and take up more space than faucet filters. Stand-alone water purifiers, however, can be installed anywhere and do not require direct access to a water source.
When purchasing a stand-alone water purifier, it is important to keep in mind the capacity of the water tank. If there are several people in the home who will be drinking filtered water, a model that can hold several gallons of water will eliminate the need to refill the water tank repeatedly.
Contaminants Present – Know What is in Your Water
It's important to note that the presence of contaminants in the water is not always visible, and some contaminants are tasteless and odorless, making it even more important to test your water regularly.
By knowing the contaminants present in your water, you can choose the right countertop water filter that specifically removes those contaminants, ensuring that you and your family have access to clean, safe, and healthy drinking water.
Make sure to choose a reputable and trustworthy water testing kit, as some may not be as accurate as others. Additionally, it's always a good idea to consult with a professional to ensure that you have the correct information about the contaminants in your water and to choose the right countertop water filter system.
Ultrafiltration – Ultrafiltration is a type of filtration that uses a membrane to remove particles as small as 0.01 microns. This process is effective in removing bacteria, viruses, and organic contaminants.
Ceramic Filters – Ceramic filters use ceramic material to physically block contaminants, including bacteria, protozoa, and other harmful particles.
UV Light – UV light water filtration uses ultraviolet light to kill bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms. This process does not remove chemicals or minerals from the water but is an effective way to purify the water for drinking.
Ion Exchange – Ion exchange filters use resin beads to trap ions of contaminants such as lead, copper, and magnesium, and exchange them for safe ions, like sodium.
It's important to note that different countertop water filters may use a combination of these processes to provide a more comprehensive filtration solution. The choice of which process to use depends on the specific contaminants that need to be removed from the water.
There are two primary reasons for installing a water purifier. To improve the taste of drinking water and/or to remove unwanted substances. Water purifiers whose main purpose is to remove odors and chlorine that affect the taste of water are generally less expensive than water purifiers that remove many substances. The only way to know if a more expensive filter is worth it is to test your water quality. Don't worry.
If you have a city or municipal water supply, you can obtain a water quality report detailing the concentration of contaminants. If you have difficulty finding it, contact your water department. If you have well water, you can test the water quality independently. Once you know what contaminants are in the water, you will know what type of filter you need.
The basic tabletop filter comes with one carbon filter that adsorbs impurities in the water and improves the odor and taste of the water. There are also tabletop filters that come with multiple filters and are designed to remove contaminants through a combination of carbon adsorption and ion exchange. Reverse osmosis filters also have a semi-permeable membrane to separate contaminated water from clean water.
Unit Size and Space Available
Another important consideration is the overall size of the unit. Some countertop water filters are compact and can fit easily on a kitchen counter, while others are larger and take up more space. Consider the size of the unit and whether it will take up too much counter space in your kitchen.
It's also important to consider the size of the water tank, especially if you want a filter that can provide large quantities of filtered water at once. Some units come with a small water tank that needs to be refilled frequently, while others have a larger tank that can hold more water.
Lastly, consider the length of the hose that connects the filter to the faucet. A hose that is too short may not reach your faucet, while a hose that is too long may become cumbersome. Look for a filter with a hose that is the right length for your needs.
By taking these factors into consideration, you can choose a countertop water filter that fits your space and provides you with the right amount of filtered water for your needs.
Filter Capacity (Lifespan) & Maintenance
In addition to the frequency of filter replacements, it's also important to consider the cost of the filters themselves. Some filters can be expensive to replace, while others are more affordable. You'll want to choose a filter that has a reasonable cost for replacement filters, and one that you can easily purchase when needed.
Regular cleaning of the unit is also important for ensuring that it lasts for a long time. Some filters are easy to clean, while others require more effort to maintain. Check the user manual for cleaning instructions, and be sure to follow them to keep your filter in good working order.
Lastly, consider the warranty offered by the manufacturer. A good warranty will protect you in case of any defects or problems with the filter. Look for a filter that comes with a warranty of at least one year, and consider purchasing an extended warranty if one is available.
By choosing a filter with a good lifespan and low maintenance costs, and by following proper cleaning and maintenance procedures, you can ensure that your countertop water filter lasts for many years to come.
Another factor that affects filtration speed is the type of filter used. Some filters, such as carbon filters, have a high filtration rate and can produce clean water quickly. Other filters, such as reverse osmosis filters, have a slower filtration rate because they remove a higher number of contaminants and impurities.
Finally, the size of the filter also affects the filtration speed. Larger filters can filter water more quickly than smaller filters, but they also take up more space in your kitchen.
When choosing a countertop water filter, it’s important to consider the filtration speed, as well as other factors such as the type of filter, the filter size, and the ease of use. A balance between these factors will help you find the right filter for your needs.
Connection to Faucet
It’s important to check if the faucet-connecting filter is compatible with your existing faucet. Some filters are designed for specific faucet types, such as standard, spray or gourmet faucets, and may not fit all faucet models.
Another thing to consider is the installation process. Some faucet-connecting filters are easy to install and come with all the necessary hardware, while others may require additional tools and plumbing skills. It’s important to carefully read the instructions and follow them step by step, or consider hiring a professional plumber if necessary.
Overall, faucet-connecting countertop water filters are a convenient option for those who have the available space and a compatible faucet, but they may not be the best choice for those who need a portable or easy-to-install solution.
Additionally, this process of adding back healthy minerals is called remineralization or alkalization. It can help to improve the pH balance of the water, which can have health benefits for some people. It's important to check the specifications of a filter before purchasing it to see if it has this feature. Some filters also come with separate remineralization cartridges that can be added to the filter for this purpose.
Ease of Use
Another important factor to consider is the installation process. Some countertop filters are easy to install and can be done by the user in just a few minutes, while others may require a plumber for installation. Look for a filter that is easy to install, and that comes with clear instructions for installation.
In addition, consider the ease of replacing filters. Some filters are easy to change and can be done quickly and easily, while others require more time and effort. Look for a filter that has an easy-to-use filter replacement system to save you time and effort.
Finally, consider the overall design of the filter. Some filters are compact and stylish, while others are bulky and unattractive. Choose a filter that fits your style and that you won't mind having on display in your kitchen.
By considering the ease of use, you can ensure that your countertop water filter is a convenient and effective way to provide clean, safe drinking water for your family.
All tabletop water purifiers require filter replacement. The frequency of filter replacement depends on the estimated life of the filter. Filter life expectancy is usually given to consumers in months. Most countertop water purifiers on this list use filters that last an average of six months. However, it is also important to note how much water the filter can handle before it needs to be replaced. Households that use a lot of filtered water may need to replace the filter more often than recommended.
The cost of replacement filters should also be considered before purchasing a countertop water filter. Countertop filters can last a long time if they are replaced regularly. Be sure to check whether your model recommends a brand-name filter or a generic replacement filter.
WQA Gold Seal – For filters that have been tested and certified for the reduction of specific contaminants by the Water Quality Association. NSF 58 – For the reduction of total dissolved solids (TDS) from reverse osmosis systems.
It's important to choose a filter that is certified for the specific contaminants that you want to remove from your water. Certified filters are subject to ongoing monitoring and periodic retesting to ensure that they continue to meet the certifying organization's standards.
In addition to certifications, it's a good idea to check the manufacturer's specifications and performance data to see how well the filter works in removing specific contaminants. Some manufacturers may provide independent lab results or third-party test data to support their claims.
Overall, the best way to ensure that you're getting a high-quality, effective countertop water filter is to choose one that is certified by a reputable organization and has been tested for the specific contaminants you want to remove from your water.
What Is The Healthiest Way To Filter Tap Water
There are several ways to filter tap water, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are a few options that are considered to be healthy:
- Activated Carbon Filters: These are one of the most common types of water filters and can effectively remove chlorine, sediment, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and bad tastes and odors from water.
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems: Reverse Osmosis filters use a semi-permeable membrane to remove impurities from water, including bacteria, viruses, and toxic chemicals such as lead, arsenic, and fluoride.
- Ultraviolet (UV) Light Filters: UV filters use UV light to kill bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms in water. They do not remove chemical contaminants but are effective in sterilizing water.
- Distillation Systems: Distillation systems heat water to create steam, which is then condensed back into the water. This process removes impurities, including minerals and heavy metals.
Ultimately, the best method for filtering tap water will depend on the specific contaminants present in the water and the personal preferences of the user. It's important to research different options and choose a reputable brand for whichever method you choose.
Note: In some areas, tap water may be considered safe to drink without any additional filtration. Before investing in a filtration system, it's recommended to have your tap water tested to determine which contaminants if any, are present.
Comparing Countertop and Under-Sink Water Purifiers
- Under-sink water purifiers are generally more popular.
- Both are high-quality water treatment products capable of removing a wide range of contaminants.
- Both types of filters are designed to have dedicated water storage tanks and distribution units, as well as in-line installation.
- Among them are both single-stage and multi-stage filtration.
- Systems for all budgets, large and small.
- The latter is usually a bit more difficult to install.
- Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages. For example, you may need ample space above the sink, or you may need a large enough sink cabinet.
- Which type is better depends entirely on personal preference. There is no one type that is superior to the other.
Comparison of Countertop and Whole-House Water Purifiers
When comparing countertop and whole-house water purifiers, we find the following
- POE water purifiers are generally more popular.
- In both categories, they are high-quality products capable of removing a wide range of contaminants.
- Many point source filter systems have at least one pre-filter and possibly one or more post-filters.
- Believe it or not, there is a system for every budget.
- The latter is more labor-intensive to install and usually always involves plumbing.
- Both types have their advantages and disadvantages. For example, a household filter delivers filtered water to the entire house, but a point-of-use filter is likely to have better water quality.
- Which type to purchase depends primarily on the condition of the water source.
Advantages of Countertop Water Purifiers
1. Ease of installation - These filters require very little assembly and installation. Some filters do not need to be connected to the kitchen faucet and can be used without drilling holes in the kitchen sink. This is a great advantage if you are renting and/or do not want to make permanent changes to your countertops.
2. portability - Because they are not permanently installed, most countertop filters can be easily carried with you when you travel or move.
3. Cost - This makes them a good option for households that want clean water on a budget.
Disadvantages of countertop filters
1. Occupies countertop - As the name implies, this filter takes up a lot of space at the kitchen sink. This can be a drawback for those who prefer a clutter-free countertop or have a small space, but fortunately, there are smaller models that work well in tight spaces.
2. May require manual filling - Some countertop filters connect directly to the faucet, while others have a separate container that must be filled manually.
3. Tanks may be small - Some separate types can hold relatively small amounts of water. Once the water is used up, the tank must be refilled and wait for the water to be filtered before it can be used again.
4. Filter water is only available at the time of use - Unlike home water filters, which filter all water entering the house, countertop filters only filter water from one location (usually the kitchen sink). However, they generally filter more contaminants than whole-house systems, so even those who use whole-house filters often invest in point-of-use filters for drinking water (I know of a whole-house filter system that filters a wide range of contaminants, including fluorine but they are not currently available).
Best Countertop Water Filter System | Infographic
How To Use Countertop Water Filter | Video Explanation
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Way To Filter Tap Water?
This depends on personal preference, available space, and the impurities you wish to remove from the water.
If you only want to filter tap water for drinking and cooking purposes, a tabletop water purifier is the right choice. If you have ample counter space, a freestanding water purifier is a good choice. If you want to filter tap water directly, a countertop filter that filters tap water directly is a good choice.
If a countertop water purifier is not to your liking, there are pitcher-type water purifiers, under-sink water purifiers, and whole-house water purifiers.
The most important thing to consider when choosing a water purifier is what you want to reduce in your tap water. The first step in identifying possible contaminants and/or pollutants in the water is to review the water quality report from your water supply company or an independent source. Then, choose a filter that can alleviate your main concerns.
Will A Washbasin Water Purifier Remove Fluoride?
Not all tabletop water purifiers can remove fluoride from tap water, but some can. If fluorine removal is an absolute requirement, look over the list of compounds that the water purifier can remove before you buy it. Reverse osmosis filters are usually the best choice for removing fluoride from water. Remember, there is no such thing as a water purifier that can remove 100% of fluoride.
How Often Do Countertop Water Purifiers Need To Be Replaced?
Most countertop water purifiers have a life expectancy of about six months, but there are some that need to be replaced more frequently, once every three months, and some that need to be replaced for up to a year. You should keep track of when to replace the filter and follow the recommended replacement schedule to prolong the life of your filtration system.
Do countertop water filters work for all kitchen faucets?
countertop water filters are portable and can be used in RVs or other locations where you have access to a tap water faucet. Just keep in mind that some filters need to be connected to the faucet for them to work, while others, such as water filter pitchers, can be filled manually and don't require a faucet connection. Additionally, when using a countertop filter in an RV or other location, you may need to consider the available storage space and make sure that the filter you choose is suitable for the type of faucet you have.
Can I connect my countertop water filter to multiple faucets?
No, Most countertop water filters are designed to be used with a single faucet and cannot be connected to multiple faucets simultaneously. If you need to use the filter with different faucets, you will have to disconnect and reconnect it each time. However, some models may have multiple adapters that can be used with different faucet types. It's best to check the product specifications or consult with the manufacturer to see if the filter you are interested in can be connected to multiple faucets.
What common contaminants does a countertop water filter remove?
It's worth noting that the specific contaminants removed by a countertop water filter can vary depending on the type and quality of the filter. It's always a good idea to check the product specifications and certifications to see what specific contaminants the filter you're interested in is designed to remove. Additionally, it's a good idea to have your water tested to determine what contaminants are present so you can choose a filter that's best suited to address your specific needs.
My water contains small black particles. Should I be concerned?
It's always a good idea to double-check with the manufacturer of your countertop water filter to confirm that the black particles are indeed carbon sediment and not something else. If you have any concerns about the quality of your filtered water, it's best to consult a professional or have your water tested.
My water has a funny taste/smell. What’s the problem?
It's possible that the filters have reached the end of their lifespan and need to be replaced. It's also possible that there may be a problem with your water source and the filters aren't able to remove all of the impurities that are causing the funny taste or smell. If you've tried changing the filters and still have this issue, it may be a good idea to have your water tested to determine the source of the problem.
How do I find out if my countertop water filter is NSF or WQA certified?
Additionally, you can check the product labeling or packaging to see if the certifications are listed. It's always a good idea to purchase water filters from reputable brands and to ensure that they have been tested and certified by independent organizations like NSF or WQA. These certifications provide assurance that the product meets strict standards for safety, performance, and quality.
Do countertop water filters remove all total dissolved solids?
That's correct. Not all countertop water filters are designed to remove all Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) from water, but rather to reduce the level of certain contaminants, such as chemicals, heavy metals, and some microorganisms. Reverse osmosis (RO) filters are the most effective at removing TDS, but they also remove beneficial minerals, so it's important to consider your specific needs when choosing a water filtration system.
Can I use my countertop water filter in my RV?
It's important to keep in mind that some countertop water filters require a minimum water pressure to function properly, and this may not be available in some RVs. It's also a good idea to check the specifications of the filter and make sure that it is compatible with the water supply in your RV. Additionally, it's a good idea to check the quality of the water in your RV to determine if a filter is necessary, as some RVs may already have a built-in filtration system.
Having a countertop water filter system is a convenient and effective way to improve the quality of your drinking water. With so many options available, it's important to consider factors such as cost, maintenance requirements, and the specific contaminants you want to remove when choosing a system. It's also recommended to have your tap water tested to determine which, if any, contaminants are present before making a decision. By investing in a high-quality countertop water filter system, you can ensure that you have access to clean, safe, and delicious drinking water every day.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply