If you love the taste of grilling but want the convenience of cooking indoors, one of our best indoor grills is just the ticket. In addition to burgers and steaks, these versatile appliances can prepare grilled vegetables, paninis, and more. Indoor grills come in two configurations. Some have wide-open grates, like outdoor grills, which allow you to cook multiple burgers at once. Others, often called contact grills, have a lid to hold beef patties or chicken breasts, allowing both sides to be cooked at the same time for a quick finish.
These enclosed grills are best suited for making crispy grilled cheese sandwiches, like a panini press but much more versatile. Some contact grills can be used in the open position to double the amount of food they can cook at once. For added versatility, there are models of both types that can also be used as a plancha for eggs or bacon.
Indoor grills are chosen to provide the same browning and flavor as outdoor grills. They should also be easy to use and clean and have low levels of dripping, smoke, and odor. With limited counter and cabinet space, we also looked at the space needed for use and storage. Our selections include a variety of open and enclosed electric grills with a range of prices to ensure you find the best indoor grill for you.
If you want to cook outdoors, check out our guide to the best grills for your backyard.
Also Read: Best Ice Cream Maker For Home
Best Electric Grill For Steaks
Types of electric grills
There are four types of electric grills on the market today, with indoor and outdoor grills being the most popular options. If you haven’t taken a look in a while, you’ll be surprised at the number of options and features currently available.
- Outdoor electric grills
- Indoor Electric Grills
- Electric Grills
- Electric Smoke Hoods
Let’s look at each type in more detail.
Outdoor electric grill
These are very similar to traditional propane or charcoal grills. The difference is that they use electricity to heat the plates and therefore require the availability of electricity to be plugged in. Food preparation is not as labor intensive as a charcoal grill. It saves you a significant amount of money that would otherwise be spent on other, closer alternatives. Outdoor electric grills are very environmentally friendly and easier to clean after cooking.
Indoor electric grills
These appliances are specially designed for indoor cooking. It is ideal for small condominiums that may prohibit the use of a regular grill to avoid health or fire hazards. In addition, it is ideal for areas that experience very hot or very cold temperatures, making it very difficult to plan outdoor activities. Models of different sizes are available, depending on the customer’s requirements. Unlike conventional indoor electric units, these units do not produce smoke. In short, it is ideal for those who love grilling and want to prepare food quickly every day.
Electric cooking plates
Electric hotplates have a smooth and flat design. The pan is not raised, which allows excess grease to drain quickly. Besides grilling, they are also known for their ability to cook other foods. It can easily cook a variety of dishes such as pancakes, eggs, and toast. However, it’s not as easy as with other types of grills. If you plan to cook a lot of breakfasts or vegetables daily, you should definitely buy an electric griddle instead of a regular grilling device.
Electric smokers focus on improving the flavor of food by cooking it at a much slower rate. Ideally, the more time you give the machine to cook the meat, the more flavor you give it. This type of grill is available in two categories: small outdoor smokers and larger ones that have the capacity to hold large amounts of food. The price of each product depends on the size and type you choose. You need to consider all the important factors such as cooking time, cleanup time, and the number of servings before hitting the buy button.
Best Electric Grill For Steaks | Comparison Table 2023
Top Quality | 5 Star Pick | Great Prices
|Weber Q1400 Electric Grill, Gray||Weber||Check Price|
|George Foreman 12-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Rectangular Electric Grill, Red, GFO201R||George Foreman||Check Price|
|Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill with VersaStand||Cuisinart||Check Price|
|George Foreman, Silver, 12+ Servings Upto 15 Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, GGR50B, REGULAR||George Foreman||Check Price|
|Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Viewing Window and Removable Easy-to-Clean Nonstick Plate, 6-Serving, Extra-Large Drip Tray, Stainless Steel (25361)||Hamilton Beach||Check Price|
|Electric BBQ Grill Techwood 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill for Indoor & Outdoor Use, Double Layer Design, Portable Removable Stand Grill, 1600W (Countertop BBQ Grill)||Techwood||Check Price|
|Elite Gourmet EMG-980B Smokeless Electric Tabletop Grill Nonstick, 6-Serving, Dishwasher Safe Removable Grilling Plate, Grill Indoor, Tempered Glass Lid, Adjustable Temperature, 14", Black||Elite Gourmet||Check Price|
|Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill, Indoor Grill, Nonstick Ceramic Electric Grill – Dishwasher Safe Surface, Temperature Control, Metal Utensil Safe, Barbeque Indoors with Virtually No Smoke, As Seen on TV||GOTHAM STEEL||Check Price|
|Homewell Electric BBQ Grill for Indoor & Outdoor with Warming Rack 1600 Watts (Red)||Homewell||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Electric Grill For Steaks | 2023 Products Overview
1. Weber Q1400 Best Electric Grill For Steaks
- 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box
- Infinite control burner valve settings
- 6-foot grounded cord
- Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches) - 14.5 H x 27 W x 16.5 D
The Weber Q1400 Electric Grill is a restyled version of the Weber Q140. The grill has a 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area and is equipped with porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and a cast aluminum lid and body. It is fully assembled and has infinite control burner valve settings. The grill has a 6-foot grounded cord and is designed for outdoor use only.
Some of the pros of the Weber Q1400 Electric Grill include its ability to sear burgers, steaks, chops, and other meats and vegetables, its authentic grilled taste, and its compact and portable design. Other features include larger grip handles and control knobs, ergonomic side handles, and sturdy front and rear cradles. However, there are also some cons to consider, such as the limited cooking area, the reliance on electrical power, and the need for an external outlet.
the Weber Q1400 Electric Grill is a great option for grillers living in condos or other locations where gas and charcoal grill usage is restricted. With its compact design and powerful heating element, the Weber Q1400 Electric Grill can deliver authentic grilled flavor in a space-saving package.
- Sear burgers, steaks, chops, and other meats and vegetables.
- Authentic grilled taste.
- Compact and portable design.
- Larger grip handles and control knobs.
- Ergonomic side handles and sturdy front and rear cradles.
- Limited cooking area.
- Reliance on electrical power.
- Need for an external outlet.
Also Read: Best Toaster Oven for Baking
2. George Foreman Best Electric Grill For Steaks
- George Tough Nonstick Coating
- 12+ Servings
- Variable Temperature Control
- Removable Stand
- 12+ Servings - It’s tailgate time! The 200 square inches of rectangular grilling surface lets you make over 12 servings for large groups of people
- Apartment-Approved - Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do. The fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups
- Adjustable Temperature Control - Perfect heat is the secret ingredient. The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating. It’s durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Fat-Removing Slope - It’s the sure sign of a George Foreman Grill. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat* from meats for lean, tasty meals
- Drip Tray - The dishwasher-safe drip tray collects excess fat and grease so you don’t have to. How nice is that?
- Removable Stand - Don’t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling. The easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
The George Foreman 12-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is a great option for those who love to grill. With a 200-square-inch rectangular grilling surface, it is perfect for large groups of people and can make over 12 servings. The fully electric system makes it apartment-approved and eliminates the need for charcoal, propane, and flare-ups. The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food, ensuring perfectly grilled meats every time.
The grill also features durable George Tough Nonstick Coating that is easy to clean and eliminates the need for butter and oil. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat from meats, making for lean, tasty meals. The dishwasher-safe drip tray collects excess fat and grease for easy clean-up, and the removable stand allows for indoor and outdoor use. Whether you're grilling on the patio or cooking in your kitchen, this grill is a great option for those who want high-quality grilling with no hassle.
- Indoor/Outdoor use
- 12+ Servings of grilling surface
- Apartment-approved electric system
- Adjustable temperature control
- Durable, easy-to-clean nonstick coating
- May not be suitable for small spaces
- May not be able to handle heavy-duty grilling
- May have some temperature inconsistencies
3. Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill For Steaks
- SMALL SIZE: 120 Volt / 60Hz. Pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle; weighs 17 pounds.
- GREAT FOR FAMILY MEALS: Cooks 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish at once.
- TELESCOPING STAND: Portable electric grill with 145-square-inch grilling area and 3 position telescoping base.
- POWERFUL GRILL: Powerful 1,500-watt, 5,120 BTU burner, and porcelain-enameled coated grill grate.
- ELECTRIC POWER: Plugs into a standard electric outlet; stand sets up and packs away in seconds. Includes a lid latch and spill-resistant drip tray.
- SHIPS READY TO GO: No assembly required.
- Portable electric grill with 145-square-inch grilling area and telescoping stand
- Cooks 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish at once
- Powerful 1,500-watt, 5,120 BTU burner and porcelain-enameled grill grate
- Plugs into a standard electric outlet; stand sets up and packs away in seconds
- Pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle; weighs 17 pounds
The Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill with VersaStand is a compact and portable electric grill designed for outdoor cooking. With a 145-square-inch grilling area, it is capable of cooking 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish at once. The powerful 1,500-watt heating element and porcelain-enameled coated grill grate ensure efficient cooking. The grill features a telescoping stand with three positions, making it easy to set up and pack away in seconds. The pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle makes it easy to transport, and it weighs just 17 pounds.
The grill is easy to use and requires no assembly. Simply plug it into a standard electric outlet and it is ready to go. The temperature controller ensures consistent cooking, and the lid latch and spill-resistant drip tray make it easy to keep the grill clean. The compact size and portability make it great for family meals, camping trips, and outdoor events.
- Portable and compact
- 145-square-inch grilling area
- The powerful 1,500-watt heating element
- Easy to use, no assembly required
- Includes a lid latch and spill-resistant drip tray
- Electric-powered, limited to outdoor use with electric outlet
- Limited grilling area
- Non-stick finish prone to wear and tear over time
Also Read: Best Food Processor for Nut Butters
4. George Foreman Outdoor Electric Grill
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - Theres a lot to love about this nonstick coating; its durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Indoor or Outdoor Removable Stand - Dont let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control - The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
- Apartment-Approved - Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do because the fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups
- Included components: Use And Care Manuals
The George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is a versatile and convenient appliance for grilling. Made with metal and plastic, it features a silver finish with a durable and non-stick coating.the George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is a great option for those looking for a versatile and convenient grilling experience. With its adjustable temperature control, nonstick coating, and indoor/outdoor capabilities, it offers the ability to cook a variety of foods with ease. However, it may have some limitations with larger cuts of meat and may require additional cleaning for grease buildup.
The high-domed lid and adjustable temperature control allow for convection-type grilling, while the removable stand makes it easy to use both indoors and outdoors. The fully electric system makes it apartment-approved, with no need for charcoal, propane, or flare-ups.
- Durable and easy to clean nonstick coating
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Adjustable temperature control
- High-domed lid for convection-style grilling
- May have difficulty with large cuts of meat
- Can take time to heat up
- May require additional cleaning for grease buildup.
5. Hamilton Beach Electric Grill
- Locks in juices and flavors: Sear at 450 degrees or use adjustable temperature dial to grill at lower heat for optimal grilling results.
- Enjoy grilling all year long: This indoor grill with hood has a high searing heat that locks in juices and flavors, and lid closes to give you signature grill marks. Serves up to 6 with 118 square-inch grilling surface.
- Keep an eye on your food: This indoor grill with hood comes with a convenient window in lid lets you watch food cook while keeping heat inside.
- Easy to clean: Indoor grill hood, plate, and extra-large drip tray are all removable and dishwasher safe.
- Less mess: Extra-large drip tray catches juices so they dont spill on your counter and its dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Power and preheat lights: Eliminate guesswork while using your electric grill.
- Cooks more than steaks, BBQ and burgers: Grill chicken, fish, pizza, vegetables, fruit and more. Also great for Paleo and Keto diets.
- Powerful 1200 watts and 1 year limited warranty.
- Dimensions: 12.4 L x 16.7 W x 6.8 H
The Hamilton Beach electric indoor searing grill with adjustable temperature control is a great way to enjoy outdoor flavor indoors. It features a viewing window, removable non-stick plate, and stainless steel finish. With a high searing heat of 450°F, you can lock in juices and flavors for perfect grilling results. The nonstick grilling plate is easy to clean and dishwasher safe, making it convenient to use.
The temperature can be adjusted from 200°F to 450°F, making it versatile for grilling everything from shrimp to steak. The extra-large drip tray helps catch juices before they spill, making it less messy. It also has convenient power and preheat lights, so you can see when it's ready to use.
- Enjoy outdoor flavor indoors
- High searing heat locks in juices and flavors
- Easy-to-clean nonstick grilling plate
- Adjustable temperature for versatile grilling
- Extra-large drip tray for less mess
- Limited cooking surface size
- No smoke or flame flavor
- Fixed temperature control.
Also Read: Best Blender for Protein Shakes with Ice
6. Techwood Electric Grill
- 【APARTMENT-APPROVED】Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do because the fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups. Especially great for apartments, patios, and other areas where charcoal or propane can’t be used, and the food rack is designed for food warm and storage.
- 【FAST-HEATING】Portable electric grill’s convenient design of the interlocking hood and bowl allow for rapid cycle heating, which allows to heat the meat more evenly and tasted more delicious. With the cool handle you can enjoy the barbecue everywhere.
- 【TEMPERATURE CONTROL】The adjustable temperature controls make it easy to find the right amount of heat for whatever you create, Venting system can effectively dissipate heat and keep the steak tender and juicy. Double-sided non-stick cold rolled sheet cooking grating is easy to clean.
- 【HIGH CAPACITY】Techwood tabletop grill equipped with 240 square inches of circular grilling surface, which lets you make over 15 servings for large groups of people such as, and enjoy the delicious foods together!
- 【GET YOURS NOW, RISK-FREE】Techwood offer a outstanding 30-day hassle-free return policy & 18-month promise. We assure you that no other outdoor BBQ grill beats our products high-caliber quality & efficiency. Our products are all covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States. For details, please refer to the instruction manual.
The Techwood Electric BBQ Grill is a versatile indoor/outdoor electric grill that is perfect for apartment living, patios, or any place where traditional charcoal or propane grilling isn't possible. This grill features a double layer design and a portable removable stand, making it easy to transport and use.
It heats up quickly thanks to its interlocking hood and bowl, and the adjustable temperature controls allow for precise heat management. With 240 square inches of circular grilling surface, the Techwood grill can serve up to 15 people at once.
- Approved for apartment use with no need for charcoal or propane
- Fast heating and even temperature control
- Large capacity for serving up to 15 people
- Easy to clean with double-sided non-stick grates
- Comes with a 30-day hassle-free return policy and 18-month warranty
- 1600W power limit
- May not get as hot as traditional grills
- No drip tray
Also Read: Best Milk Steamer for Home Use
7. Elite Gourmet Smokeless Electric Grill
- DON’T LET RAIN RUIN YOUR BARBECUES ANYMORE. – Enjoy all the fun of an outdoor BBQ in the comfort of your home with our premium indoor electric grill and prepare the most mouth-watering meals for your family.
- SAVE TIME & GRILL ALL YOUR FAVORITE FOODS AT ONCE. – Now you can throw your steaks, your wife’s veggies, your son’s ribs and your daughter’s salmon on the large 14 grilling surface at once. And thanks to its reliable nonstick coating, you’ll never have to deal with stuck food again. Plus, there’s a removable 120V/1300W thermostat control with 5 adjustable settings up to 450°F.
- ENJOY ALL YOUR LOW-FAT, HEALTHY RECIPES EFFORTLESSLY. – Our reliable indoor grill features a circular heating element that allows it to heat up faster and more evenly, so you can cook everything to perfection. Fat will drip away from your food and cool-touch base and handles will prevent any nasty burns.
- DISHWASHER SAFE PARTS – We know that cleaning your grill can be extremely frustrating, that’s why we’ve made sure that all parts of our electric grill are detachable and dishwasher safe. Now you can spend less time cleaning up and more time enjoying your delicious grilled food.
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY – Designed by BBQ lovers for BBQ lovers, this ergonomic and sturdy indoor grill comes with an EXCLUSIVE 1-YEAR WARRANTY. Included removable parts: Grill base, drip tray, extra large non-stick grill plate, tempered glass lid, thermostat control knob, instruction manual with recipe guide.
The Elite Gourmet EMG-980B Smokeless Electric Tabletop Grill is an indoor grill that allows you to enjoy delicious grilled meals all year round without the hassle of cleaning up. The grill features a large nonstick grilling surface that can cook multiple foods at once, with a removable 120V/1300W thermostat control with 5 adjustable settings up to 450°F.
The circular heating element heats up the grilling surface quickly and evenly, allowing you to cook your food to perfection, and the cool-touch base and handles prevent any nasty burns. The grill also features a handy glass lid that allows you to check on your food effortlessly, and the detachable parts make cleanup easy.
- Enjoy all the fun of an outdoor BBQ indoors
- Large nonstick grilling surface saves time and effort
- Circular heating element heats up quickly and evenly
- Cool-touch base and handles prevent nasty burns
- Detachable parts make cleanup easy.
- Only fits 6 servings at once
- Not suitable for outdoor use
- May have a shorter lifespan compared to other grills
8. Gotham Steel Smokeless Electric Grill
- INDOOR SMOKELES GRILL – enjoy your favorite grilled foods anytime you want with the Gotham Steel Indoor Smokeless Grill inside the house – think grilled steak, bacon, fish, kabobs, pork chops, burgers, chicken and more to perfection, year-round – just plug in, adjust the heat and you are ready to go!
- SMOKE-LESS TECHNOLOGY - this indoor smokeless grill has a mindfully designed drip tray which cools all grease quickly and reduces virtually all hot smoke, allowing you to grill all your food indoors without the smell of smoke polluting your apartment or home.
- EVEN HEATING - the heating element is spread across the surface to ensure that every area of the grill is heated evenly.
- TEMERATURE CONTROL - adjustable temperature dial that maintains perfect heat across the entire surface for perfect grilling every time.
- ULTRA NON-STICK – The nonstick cooking surface is coated 3x, reinforced with ceramic and titanium to deliver the ultimate food release. No oil or butter needed, makes for healthier eating, and provides for hassle free, 1-2-3 cleanup.
- METAUL UTENSIL SAFE – The coating of the surface is durable enough to withstand metal spatulas, spoons, whisks and more, while the aluminum exterior is dense, nonporous, and highly wear-resistant for long lasting performance
- DISHWASHER SAFE – spend less time with cleanup! After all the cooking and prepping is done, place grill plate in the dishwasher for quick and easy cleanup
- HEALTHY & NONTOXIC – all Gotham Steel products are 100% free of PFOA, lead, cadmium &n other harmful chemicals
The Gotham Steel Indoor Smokeless Grill is an electric stovetop compatible indoor grill made of non-stick ceramic and titanium material. It features a temperature control dial, an adjustable heating element, and an ultra non-stick cooking surface.
This smokeless grill uses a drip tray to reduce hot smoke, allowing you to grill indoors without the smell of smoke. The heating element is evenly spread across the surface to ensure perfect grilling every time. The nonstick surface is metal utensil safe, and the grill plate is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- Indoor smokeless grilling
- Even heating
- Adjustable temperature control
- Ultra non-stick cooking surface
- Metal utensil safe and dishwasher safe
- Not suitable for large pieces of meat
- Not suitable for outdoor grilling
- Short power cord
Also Read: Best Pizzelle Makers
9. Homewell Electric Grill
- ELECTRIC POWER - No need to worry about buying charcoal or propane, the grill is electric! Simply plug it in to a standard USA 120V power source and youre ready to start grilling. The grill is perfect for indoor and outdoor use. Large 1600 watt heating element.
- EASY TO USE - Choose the perfect cooking temperature with the easy-to-use temperature control. Temperature range: 200°-425°F. The interlocking bowl and lid design insulates heat, allowing food to cook faster and evenly. Adjustable lid vent for additional heat and smoke control. Preheat the BBQ grill for best results
- GRILL & WARMING RACK - Features a 14.5 cooking grill with upper warming/low-heat rack. Cook a variety of foods anywhere theres 120V power!
- CONVENIENT - Perfect size for apartment balconies, patios, indoor grilling, tailgating, and locations where fires or open flames are not allowed. Weighs 13 lbs making it light and portable, and the stand is removable for compact storage. Dimensions: 17 x 17 x 32
- QUALITY BUILD - All-metal construction, easy to use temperature control, large cooking surface, and easy-to-clean parts. Assembly instructions make putting together the grill fast and easy
The Homewell Electric BBQ Grill is a versatile and convenient appliance that allows you to enjoy grilling indoors or outdoors. With a large 1600 watt heating element, this grill is easy to use and comes equipped with a temperature control that ranges from 200°-425°F. The interlocking bowl and lid design helps to insulate heat and evenly distribute it, ensuring that food cooks quickly and evenly. The grill also includes a 14.5" grill top and a warming/low-heat rack for additional cooking options.
This electric grill is perfect for apartment balconies, patios, indoor grilling, tailgating, and other locations where fires or open flames are not allowed. The portable design makes it easy to store and transport, weighing just 13 pounds. Additionally, the grill is made of metal and features a durable build and easy-to-adjust temperature dial, making it a great choice for summer cookouts, camping, and other outdoor events.
- Electric-powered, eliminating the need for charcoal or propane.
- Easy-to-use temperature control.
- Interlocking bowl and lid design ensures evenly cooked food.
- Adjustable lid vent for additional heat and smoke control.
- Portable and lightweight design for easy storage and transportation.
- May require a power source to operate.
- Limited heating power of 1600 watts.
- Painted finish may scratch or peel over time.
How To Choose The Best Electric Grill For Steaks | Ultimate Guide 2023
About the size
When shopping for an indoor steak grill, one of the first things to consider is the size of the unit.
First, consider the grill's footprint and measure your countertop space to make sure it fits well in your kitchen. The number of servings of steak or other foods you can cook on the grill also depends on the size of the grill and grates.
If you need to cook more than one serving of food at a time, you should buy a larger indoor grill. If you usually cook one or two servings of food, it makes sense to buy a compact indoor grill.
The ability of a grill to heat and cook different types of food depends largely on the number of watts it uses. We recommend that you look for indoor grills that are between 1300 and 1800 watts.
Easy to clean
Cleaning indoor grills is certainly easier than cleaning outdoor grills. However, some indoor grills have additional features that make cleaning even faster and easier.
Look for indoor grills with removable plates. This feature allows you to clean the grill plates more easily and efficiently. If the grill plate and lid (if there is a lid) are dishwasher safe, even better.
Indoor grills are safe if you know how to use them. Depending on the user, manufacturer safety features such as fire alarms and cold-touch handles can be helpful.
Indoor grills don't produce as much smoke as outdoor grills. However, cooking on an indoor grill can result in a smoky kitchen, especially if the cooking area is not vented. Therefore, you can purchase an indoor grill with a built-in filter to ensure smoke-free cooking.
Indoor grills vary in price. Heavy indoor grills with durable construction and advanced features are more expensive. However, it is possible to find good quality grills that are not expensive.
Most electric grills have a heating element that plugs into the unit. The temperature is controlled by a dial or knob on the front of the machine.
Most of the grills we tested above have five different settings, ranging from low to high. Some products had a push-button system that increased the temperature in increments.
Electric grills generally don't reach as high a temperature as gas or charcoal grills, with temperature controls ranging from 105°C to 500°C.
Electric grills come in a variety of sizes, from 180 to 320 square inches of cooking space. The cooking area that's right for you depends on how much food you want to cook.
Electric grills can also be equipped with warming zones that increase the total cooking space. You can cook about six burgers on a cooking surface of just over 180 square inches.
Electric grills are designed to be portable and easy to use. The best electric grills offer a range of options when it comes to transportation and portability.
A few of the grills on our list have removable stands, which means they can be used as outdoor electric grills, or you can take them inside. Portable electric grills should have a handle for easy transport.
The cooking plates of electric grills are made of cast iron, porcelain or enamel. It's easy to grill food on these surfaces because they are all dishwasher safe.
The cooking area of the best electric grills should be easy to clean and maintain. One of the best ways to speed up the cleaning of your grill is to use the best copper grill mats that you can find here. The best electric grills come with a lightweight stainless steel body and lid.
Before you buy a grill, you need to consider the size of the space you have. If you plan to place it on a kitchen counter, it is recommended to buy a smaller model.
If you prefer to grill on a patio or balcony, you can opt for one of the larger units. Measure your available space before choosing the best option for you.
Indoor and outdoor use
If you're looking for an outdoor electric grill, we recommend buying one with a stand that can be placed on a patio or balcony. If you prefer to cook indoors, you may prefer a small tabletop grill.
Electric grills are easier to control and less likely to burn, allowing for more even cooking.
The best electric grills also come with additional features. Some of these extra features may include additional grill plates, cookware, recipe books or drip pans. Some grills have small storage shelves, warming trays or legs.
It is recommended that you carefully check the box in which the grill arrived to ensure that all parts and accessories are present.
Disadvantages of electric grills and normal electric grills
Electric grills are certainly safe to use, but they do have some drawbacks. We'll look at these in more detail below.
- They may not be as hot as their traditional counterparts. Therefore, when cooking food, you may not have comparable temperatures in all areas of the unit.
- Smaller sizes may not be sufficient to accommodate and manage a larger number of portions. Since the majority of grills are small in size, it is advisable to check their food cooking capabilities before making a final choice. As a general rule, any electric grill that can feed at least five people at one time is a good buy.
- Some of these units are quite complicated and sometimes difficult to clean. Check to see if the model you choose has a non-stick coating to avoid the hassle of difficult cleaning.
- This is especially important for meat grills, as they tend to release greasy substances that stick to your unit. To remedy this problem, many manufacturers have introduced removable plates that can be easily washed in the dishwasher.
Also Read: Best Meat Slicers for Home Use
Benefits of using an electric grill
Electric grills are considered one of the best modern inventions that have brought about a massive revolution in today's cooking technology. They strive to offer a series of advantages over other traditional products. Since electric products do not require the use of charcoal or gas, they can reduce your cooking time. Once you have prepared your food, simply place it on the hot unit. The food is cooked thoroughly and the flavors and tastes are exactly as you want them. You grill your meals faster and with less maintenance with a quality electric grill.
Cost-effective - Electric grills are a better and more cost-effective option than their predecessors. Conventional gas or charcoal appliances are often an expensive option, as you have to change out gas cylinders or it can add to your expenses with the skyrocketing cost of charcoal. If you like to cook ready-made meals all the time, these costs can be very beneficial. On the other hand, using an electric grill can save a lot of money because it requires the least amount of electricity to operate.
Saves time - If you've ever used gas or charcoal models, you've probably realized that they're relatively difficult to use. You may have to make certain arrangements, such as connecting the grill to a gas source or arranging for charcoal, waiting for the charcoal to be heated and ready to use on the grill, and investing your time. In comparison, you don't need to make any such arrangements with an electric grill, just place your food on the unit and instantly see the miracle happen before your eyes.
Safety and Health - Electric grills are a safer and more convenient alternative to gas or charcoal grills. They do not emit large amounts of carbon monoxide or dangerous smoke. This feature alone makes them an ideal choice for indoor use or other enclosed areas.
With electric appliances, you don't have to put up with toxic charcoal smoke or gas fumes that can disrupt your grilling. They are a safe, environmentally friendly and user-friendly alternative to traditional grills on the market.
Because of their small size, you can place them on kitchen counters or tables to keep them out of reach of children. They also prevent accidents such as burns because they don't emit smoke or flame when in use.
Portability - Because of their small size and sleek design, electric grills offer better portability options. They don't require a large space to operate and are easy to manage and move around due to their light weight.
Convenience - Electric grills seem to be way ahead of the rest in terms of convenience. One of its main advantages is its instant-on feature. Unlike traditional grills, there is no need to light the grill with a match, all that is required is a secure electrical connection for uninterrupted operation. Electric grills are equipped with a good thermostat that allows for easy and efficient control of the heating. They are usually compact and can easily fit into small cooking areas to save space. If you plan to grill outdoors, this feature also makes them easier to transport.
Also Read: Best Electric Tea Kettle for Hard Water
Best Electric Grill For Steaks |Video Explanation
Frequently asked questions
Who are electric grills for?
Electric grills are ideal for people who want a portable, smoke-free grilling experience. Gas and charcoal grills produce smoke and are difficult to use indoors. They are ideal for use on flat balconies, in small kitchens and in confined spaces. Electric grills are also ideal for rainy summers and cold winters.
Do they require special care?
It is recommended that indoor grills be cleaned after each use. If the grill plates are placed in the dishwasher, dry them properly before storing. The cooking surface should be coated with oil or butter before each use. This will prolong the life of the non-stick coating.
Is it safe to use indoors?
Yes, electric grills are safe and easy to use indoors. Unlike gas or charcoal grills, no propane or fire is needed. They also produce less smoke and heat than conventional outdoor grills.
Does it produce smoke when used indoors?
When used indoors, the grill does not produce much smoke. A small amount of smoke is produced, but not enough to set off the fire alarm and no damage is done.
Can metal cookware be used on electric grills?
Investing in the Best Toaster Oven under $100 is a great way to upgrade your kitchen without breaking the bank. With features like multiple cooking functions, easy-to-use controls, and compact design, you can enjoy delicious meals and snacks with ease. Whether you're a busy professional or a student on a budget, a high-quality toaster oven is a must-have for any kitchen. Get ready to cook everything from pizza to cookies and enjoy the convenience of having a versatile appliance that won't break the bank!
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply