Some foods are best cooked on a traditional barbecue grill. Burgers, steaks, and vegetables all enjoy a hot grill. However, you are missing out on a lot of foods that you can cook yourself on a flat surface.
Have you ever gone to a restaurant and wondered how easy it is to cook the perfect pancake alongside eggs, toast, and steak? With enough space, you can cook a variety of foods on a flat grill and enjoy great versatility. From fajitas to griddles, and sometimes even a giant grill in the yard, no more hot dogs getting lost between the grates.
If your neighbors already have one, you may consider it time to switch from a grill to a flat grill. Flat surfaces are flexible and easy to clean. It eliminates flare-ups and uneven grilling, and the food tastes better over time.
Best Flat Top Grill
What is a flat grill?
A flat grill is a cooking appliance that combines many of the features of a typical gas grill with the flat cooking surface found on a stove. Like gas grills, flat grills are often placed on racks or stands. Tabletop versions, which use a small propane tank, are also available.
Owning a flat grill allows you to enjoy the benefits of both gas grills and griddles. These devices heat up quickly and can reach very high temperatures.
However, unlike regular grills, flat grills have a flat cooking surface, making them ideal for cooking breakfast items such as eggs and pancakes.
However, flat grills are also suitable for non-breakfast cooking. You can grill hamburgers, hot dogs, steaks, and more. They can also easily sear or reheat vegetables.
A flat grill is a versatile appliance because of its flat cooking surface. Fats and oils do not flow through the grill and stay on the surface. This gives the food a charred texture and smoky flavor.
Flat grills can also get hot. This reduces cooking time, allowing more time for dining and entertaining guests.
Also Read: Best Ice Cream Maker For Home
Best Flat Top Grill | Comparison Table 2023
Top Quality | 5-Star Pick | Great Prices
|Royal Gourmet GD401C 4-Burner Portable Propane Flat Top Gas Grill and Griddle Combo, Black||Royal Gourmet||Check Price|
|Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Propane Fuelled Restaurant Grade Professional 36” Outdoor Griddle Station with Side Shelf, 36 Inch, Black||Blackstone||Check Price|
|Royal Gourmet GB4000 36-inch 4-Burner Flat Top Propane Gas Grill Griddle, for BBQ, Camping, Red||Royal Gourmet||Check Price|
|Camplux Propane Gas Grill Griddle 33,000 BTU, 3 Burners Flat Top Gas Griddle, Outdoor Griddle with 20 LB LP Connector for Outdoor Cooking||CAMPLUX ENJOY OUTDOOR LIFE||Check Price|
|Blackstone New Version Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Propane Fuelled Restaurant Grade Professional 36” Outdoor Griddle Station with Side Shelf, Black, 62.5 (L) x 22 (W) x 36 (H) inches(1554)||Generic||Check Price|
|Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle 2 Burner Propane Fuelled Rear Grease Management System, 1517, Outdoor Griddle Station for Camping with Built in Cutting Board and Garbage Holder, 28 inch||Blackstone||Check Price|
|Cuisinart CGG-888 22-Inch Round Outdoor Flat Top Surface Gas Grill, Stainless Steel Lid, 360° Griddle Cooking Center||Cuisinart||Check Price|
|Royal Gourmet GB4001B 4-Burner Flat Top Gas Grill 52000-BTU Propane Fueled Professional Outdoor Griddle 36inch Backyard Cooking with Side Table, Black||Royal Gourmet||Check Price|
|Flat Top Grill, Camplux Outdoor Gas Griddle Grill Combo 2 Burner with Lid,Black||CAMPLUX ENJOY OUTDOOR LIFE||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Flat Top Grill | Products Overview 2023
1. Royal Gourmet GD401C Flat Top Grill
- Combo Design: Combination of gas grill and griddle with two individual cooking zones, each has 292 sq. inches for cooking, totaling 584 sq. inches of cooking space, over 4 burners with an output of 48,000 BTUs.
- Portable: Easy to assemble within 15 minutes. With fold-down legs for compact storage and four locking casters for easy moving, it is ideal for cookouts.
- Automatic Ignition System: Automatic ignition system delivers a fast and easy start-up with four big knobs on the stainless-steel control panel.
- No Fussy Cleanup: Removable oil management system facilitates easy cleanup.
- Ample Preparation Spact: Two fixed side tables provide ample space for food preparation. Lower bar design keeps your grilling accessories within arms’ reach.
The Royal Gourmet GD401C 4-Burner Portable Propane Flat Top Gas Grill and Griddle Combo is a versatile outdoor cooking solution. It has a combination of a gas grill and griddle with two individual cooking zones, each with 292 sq. inches of cooking space, for a total of 584 sq. inches. The 4 burners output a total of 48,000 BTUs. The grill is easy to assemble, taking only 15 minutes, and has fold-down legs for compact storage and four locking casters for easy movement.
The automatic ignition system ensures a quick and easy start-up with four large knobs on the stainless-steel control panel. The removable oil management system makes cleaning up after cooking simple and fuss-free. The two fixed side tables provide ample space for food preparation and the lower bar design keeps grilling accessories within easy reach.
- Large cooking space of 584 sq. inches.
- Portable and easy to assemble.
- Fast and easy start-up with an automatic ignition system.
- Convenient cleaning with a removable oil management system.
- Ample preparation space with two fixed side tables.
- Requires propane gas cylinder.
- No built-in thermometer.
- May have limited durability compared to other high-end models.
2. Blackstone Best Flat Top Grill
- Rear grease - Blackstone has updated the grease Management on this unit. All units now have the new improved rear grease Management. You may receive a rear grease or a front grease drain.
- Replace your standard grill - replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so youll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal, and matches; this grill includes an easy start, Battery powered push-button ignition. With the simple push of a button, your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- Restaurant style cooking - with 720sq inches of flat top grilling, This griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, Quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, Potatoes, Teppanyaki-style foods, and more. Also, enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
- Controllable heat zones - four independently controlled 15, 000 BTU stainless Steel burners make a total of 60, 000 BTUs controlled low to high for versatile cooking options. Propane fueled by a standard 20lb tank with accommodating tank storage tucked nicely under the left side shelf
- Durability and longevity - this Blackstone grill is built to last with a powder coated Black steel frame, stainless steel burners and thick cold rolled steel cooktop. Super simple to clean, making post-meal cleanup a breeze
The Blackstone 36 Inch Gas Griddle Cooking Station is a 4-burner flat top gas grill fueled by propane that's designed for outdoor use. With 720 square inches of cooking space, it's ideal for cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The griddle is easy to use, with a simple battery-powered push button ignition and controlled heat zones from four 15,000 BTU stainless steel burners that total 60,000 BTUs.
The griddle is built to last, with a powder-coated black steel frame, stainless steel burners, and a thick cold-rolled steel cooktop. It's also easy to clean with its rear grease management system.
- 720 sq. inches of cooking space
- Four independent heat zones
- Battery-powered push button ignition
- Durable construction
- Easy to clean
- Requires a propane tank
- Not suitable for slow cooking
- Heavier compared to other griddles
Also Read: Best Toaster Oven for Baking
3. Royal Gourmet GB4000
- SPACIOUS COOKING SURFACE: 36. 2 L x 21. 7 W, 784 square inches cooking area in total with enhanced gloss ceramic coated griddle top delivers quick heat-up
- POWERFUL HEATING SYSTEM: 4 independently controlled stainless-steel tube burners with 13, 000 BTUs each, 52, 000 BTUs cooking power in total
- QUICK START-UP: Durable stainless-steel control panel with electronic ignition system that offers a reliable spark at every push
- NO FUSSY CLEANUP: Cut the hassle, this grill makes the cleanup a breeze with efficient grease management system that facilitates easy and effortless cleanup
- EASY TO TRANSPORT: 4 caster wheels with brake system ensure easy-moving as the grill is transported from place to place, meanwhile, provide stability during grilling
The Royal Gourmet GB4000 36-inch 4-Burner Flat Top Propane Gas Grill Griddle is a versatile outdoor cooking solution for barbecuing and camping. It boasts a spacious cooking surface of 784 square inches and is coated in a glossy ceramic material for quick heat-up. The grill is powered by 4 independently controlled stainless-steel tube burners, each producing 13,000 BTUs for a total of 52,000 BTUs cooking power. The durable stainless-steel control panel features an electronic ignition system for a reliable spark every time.
This grill also features an efficient grease management system for easy and effortless cleanup. It is easy to transport with 4 caster wheels and a brake system, ensuring stability during grilling.
- Spacious cooking surface
- Powerful heating system
- Quick start-up
- Efficient grease management system
- Easy to transport.
- May take up a lot of space
- Assembly may be complicated
- Burners may clog.
Also Read: Best Food Processor for Nut Butters
4. Camplux Propane Gas Grill
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING:With 440sq inches cooking area for flat top griddle. Amazing for cooking burgers, steaks, eggs, bacons, hashbrowns, potatoes, pancakes and searing meat.
- ENJOY YOUR UPGRADE GRILL GRIDDLE: Propane gas grill griddle is simple to use and easy to assemble, so youll be cooking in no time. Replace the hassle of using kerosene, charcoal and matches with a gas supply so you can take the headache out of outdoor cooking and enjoy the outdoor life.
- EASY TO CLEAN:Flat top griddle (not easy to stick) and grease cup are detachable for washing. Cleanup is fairly easy that using a scraper, soap water and paper towels after use,perfect as outdoor camping griddle
- RAPID HEATING & EVEN: 3 stainless steel burners provide a total of 33,000 BTU of cooking power for both fast heating and low to high temperature control, offering a variety of cooking options to showcase your master chef skills.
- CONVENIENT TRANSPORTATION:Camplux propane grill has easily wheels and a removable grill top that makes it easy to take it anywhere you want to go.
The Camplux Propane Gas Outdoor Grill Griddle Cooking Station is a versatile outdoor cooking device that can be used for a variety of outdoor activities such as camping, barbecuing, tailgating, and picnicking.
This grill griddle is made from high-quality stainless steel and features a large 449sq inches cooking area, which provides ample space for cooking a wide range of foods. With 3 stainless steel burners, this grill griddle offers a total of 33,000 BTU of cooking power, ensuring fast heating and low to high temperature control.
- Large cooking area
- Fast heating with 3 stainless steel burners
- High-quality stainless steel material
- Easy to clean
- Portable with wheels and removable grill top.
- Assembly required
- Relatively high power usage
- May not be suitable for all outdoor cooking situations.
Also Read: Best Blender for Protein Shakes with Ice
5. Blackstone New Version Flat Top Grill
- Rear grease - Blackstone has updated the grease Management on this unit. All units now have the newly improved rear grease Management. You may receive a rear grease or a front grease drain.
- Replace your standard grill - replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so youll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; this grill includes an easy start, Battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- Restaurant style cooking - with 720sq inches of flat top grilling, This griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, Quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, Potatoes, Teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
- Controllable heat zones - four independently controlled 15, 000 BTU stainless Steel burners make a total of 60, 000 BTUs controlled low to high for versatile cooking options. Propane fueled by a standard 20lb tank with an accommodating tank storage tucked nicely under the left side shelf
- Durability and longevity - this Blackstone grill is built to last with a powder coated Black steel frame, stainless steel burners and thick cold rolled steel cooktop. Super simple to clean, making post-meal cleanup a breeze
The 36-Inch 4 Burner Portable Griddle Cooking Station from Blackstone is an innovative outdoor cooking solution that allows you to prepare a wide range of non-traditional grill foods such as quesadillas, veggies, and fried rice. With a cold-rolled 720 square inch steel griddle surface, it offers ample cooking space for multiple meals to be cooked at once. Four independently controlled stainless steel burners provide 60,000 BTU of heat, making it easy to cook different dishes simultaneously.
The front grease management system makes cleanup a breeze, so you can spend more time with your guests. The freestanding portable design with foldable legs and lockable wheels makes it easy to transport and store when not in use. The included storage rack provides convenient access to all of your grilling essentials. The stylish black steel design adds a touch of sophistication to any backyard.
- Four independently controlled burners
- Large cooking surface
- Easy cleanup with front grease management system
- Portable design with foldable legs and lockable wheels
- Convenient storage rack included
- No lid
- No temperature gauge
- No cover included
6. Blackstone Flat Top Grill Griddle 2 Burner
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 470sq inches of flat top grilling, This griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, Quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, Potatoes, Teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
- REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL - Replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so youll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; this grill includes an easy start, Battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- TRANSPORT WITH EASE - Easily wheel Around your yard or transport from your backyard to the campsite thanks to the removable griddle top, fold up legs and four industrial strength caster wheels. Built with removable griddle top, foldable legs and two wheels.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - If you are not completely satisfied at any point please feel free to contact Blackstone directly or return the product. Blackstone is a leader in the outdoor cooking category and stands behind their product large or small, guaranteeing your satisfaction!
The Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle is a 2-burner propane fueled outdoor cooking station with a rear grease management system. With a cooking surface of 470 sq inches, it is ideal for cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes such as eggs, pancakes, quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, potatoes and more.
The griddle has a built-in cutting board and garbage holder, making meal prep and clean up easy. The griddle is easy to use with a battery-powered push button ignition and can be easily transported with its removable griddle top, fold-up legs and two wheels.
- Large cooking surface for multiple dishes
- Easy to use with push-button ignition
- Built-in cutting board and garbage holder for convenience
- Easily transportable
- Satisfaction guaranteed by the manufacturer
- Requires propane fuel
- Assembly may be required
- May not be as durable as other grills
Also Read: Best Milk Steamer for Home Use
7. Cuisinart CGG-888 Flat Top Grill
- HEAT CONTROL: Two independently controlled burners provide a total of 30, 000 BTUs and allow you to control hot and cool zones on your griddle surface.
- GREASE MANAGEMENT: The over-sized 360 degree grease pan naturally funnels grease to the grease cup for easy clean up.
- COOKING VERSATILITY: The stainless steel lid with vent allows you to roast, steam, bake or smoke.
- PREP SPACE: The folding prep table comes equipped with a paper towel holder underneath.
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Assembles in 30 minutes or less!
- WARRANTY: 3-year limited warranty
- Two heat zones deliver consistent and even cooking
The Cuisinart CGG-888 Outdoor Stainless Steel Lid, 360° Griddle Cooking Center is a versatile cooking appliance that can be used for a variety of outdoor cooking activities. The two independently controlled burners deliver a total of 30,000 BTUs and allow for temperature control on different areas of the griddle surface.
The over-sized 360 degree grease pan ensures easy clean-up and grease management. Additionally, the stainless steel lid with vent allows for roasting, steaming, baking, or smoking. The folding prep table includes a paper towel holder underneath for added convenience. The product is easy to assemble and comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
- Two heat zones provide consistent and even cooking.
- Grease management system for easy clean-up.
- Cooking versatility with the stainless steel lid and vent.
- Folding prep table with paper towel holder.
- Easy assembly with all necessary components included.
- Assembly time may take longer than 30 minutes for some users.
- The size may be too large for some outdoor spaces.
- The 30,000 BTUs may not be sufficient for large group cooking.
8. Royal Gourmet GB4001B 4-Burner
- 4 Independently Controlled Burners : 4 13,000 BTU stainless-steel burners make a total of 52,000 BTUs cooking power controlled low to high for versatile cooking options.
- Large Cooking Area: With 784sq. inches of flat top grilling, 36.22 L x 21.65 W Cooking Surface, over 4.5 mm thickness flat griddle plate, this griddle is perfect for a whole family’s breakfast, lunch and dinner with sausages, steak, potatoes and teppanyaki style foods and more.
- 3.Build with High Quality: Black powder-coated steel feet, durable stainless-steel control panel, cold-rolled steel cooking surface with upgraded electronic ignition system, all make it lasts long. Four heavy-duty casters with locks for easy transportation.
- Easy Clean & Storage: Detachable grease cup with large capacity makes for hassle-free cleanup. Flat top with side handles for easy remove to clean. Fixed side tables hold accessories and seasoning with great stability.
- 5.Convenient to Use and Assembly: Easy assemble required and propane tank fasteners included. A quick ignition button to offer a reliable spark and make everything easier.
The Royal Gourmet GB4001B 4-Burner Flat Top Gas Grill is a professional-grade outdoor griddle that is perfect for cooking for a large family. It features 4 independently controlled burners that generate a total of 52,000 BTUs of cooking power, giving you the versatility to cook a variety of foods from low to high heat.
The cooking surface is 784sq. inches of flat top grilling and is made from cold-rolled steel with a thickness of over 4.5mm, making it durable and long-lasting. The griddle is built with high-quality materials, including a black powder-coated steel frame and a stainless-steel control panel. It also features easy assembly, with propane tank fasteners included, and a quick ignition button for a reliable spark.
- Large cooking area with a total of 52,000 BTUs cooking power
- Durable and long-lasting construction with black powder-coated steel frame
- Easy assembly with propane tank fasteners included
- Quick ignition button for a reliable spark
- Easy to clean with a detachable grease cup and flat top with side handles
- Assembly required
- May require multiple propane tanks for extended use
- Fixed side tables may be too small for some accessories and seasoning.
Also Read: Best Pizzelle Makers
9. Camplux Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- 【Grill Griddle Combo】-- 190 sq. In. gas grill net & 179 sq. In. flat top griddle
- 【Controllable Heat Zone】--Two burners partitionable control,22000 BTU
- 【No Fussy Cleanup】--Cleanup is fairly easy that using a scraper, soap water and paper towels after use.
- 【Quick Start-up】--Electronic ignition system,cooking in no time.
- 【Easy to move】- Four removable table legs on wheels and two flexible casters make it easy to move.
The CAMPLUX ENJOY OUTDOOR LIFE Flat Top Grill is a versatile and efficient outdoor cooking solution. With a 190 sq. In. gas grill net and a 179 sq. In. flat top griddle, this black painted combo grill offers ample cooking space for a variety of dishes.
The two burners are partitionable for controlled heat, and boast a total of 22000 BTUs. Cleanup is straightforward and hassle-free, simply requiring a scraper, soap water and paper towels after use. Quick and easy to start up thanks to its electronic ignition system, this grill is also portable with its four removable table legs on wheels and two flexible casters.
- Versatile with both gas grill and flat top griddle.
- Ample cooking space with 190 sq. In. gas grill and 179 sq. In. griddle.
- Two partitionable burners for controlled heat.
- Easy cleanup.
- Quick and easy start-up with electronic ignition system.
- Assembly is required.
- Limited color options.
- Not suitable for larger outdoor cooking needs.
Also Read: Best Meat Slicers for Home Use
How To Pick The Best Flat Top Grill | Ultimate Guide 2023
When purchasing a flat grill, you need to consider two spaces. The first is how much space you have in your yard, patio, or pool deck. Some models are bulky and take up a lot of outdoor space.
Another concern is the cooking aspect. Once you have decided on the space for your grill, you need to think about how many people you usually cook for. For singles, couples, and small families, 300 square inches is sufficient. If you entertain or have frequent large gatherings, look for at least 500 square inches of cooking space.
Creating a two-zone system to maximize surface area and reduce cooking time is the key to getting the most out of your flat grill."
When looking at flat-top grills, it can be hard to think about the maintenance required, but keeping a few things in mind can make it easier. There are also pre-seasoned grills, which can save you a step in food preparation, but may require a little cleaning first. Season flat grills before and after cooking. Seasoning while the food is cooling will prevent the grill from rusting.
While cooking, it's a good idea to pay attention to the surface. Don't turn the grill to high heat. Between cooks, scrub the grates to freshen them up." Always oil the hot surface and keep it that way.
Once you've cleared the seasoning conundrum, the next step is to make sure it's easy to clean. Look for a good grease management system to deal with excess grease. It's important to clean your flat grill after each use. Scrape off excess grease and debris with a grill scraper, rinse with hot water, and wipe dry.
The material makes a big difference in how the griddle is maintained and moved. Keep in mind that there is a big difference in weight between a cast iron griddle and a carbon stainless steel griddle.
You will notice this as soon as you try to move it. Carbon stainless steel can be wiped clean and is thinner and lighter, but if you can keep the iron plate in one place, you may simply prefer cast iron. It will be heavier, but you will get a more durable cooktop for the price.
The two materials also differ in their compatibility with baking. Cast iron can be heated to high temperatures, but it takes longer to reach high temperatures. It is thicker and known to retain heat without deformation.
Not only can it maintain this high temperature longer, but it also distributes heat more evenly.
This even heat distribution is also attributed to the shape of the burner, with U- and H-shapes being able to heat surfaces faster. The major difference between the two materials is cost. Stainless steel is expected to be cheaper than cast iron.
As you look around at different types of grills, you should be able to see what design of flat grill will suit you and your cooking style. You will want to have room to keep your grilling accessories within easy reach.
Also, choose a side shelf or table to give you more space to prepare your food and take it out when it's done. You can also use the side shelves as a craft space to keep beer on hand.
The availability of casters is another important factor that determines how easy it is to move around the yard. Instead of paying for a protective cover, it should be easy to operate the grill under shelter.
Perhaps there are grills that can be packed to take camping with you.
Choosing a flat grill may be intimidating, but that's okay. Now that you are familiar with cooking on a grill, you may want to consider a combo that has both options.
For this reason, you may stock up on charcoal briquettes as a heat source for your grill, but if you want the flavor of charcoal, you can't do without it.
While a flat grill is definitely a great way to cook meat and vegetables, you may be missing out. If you want the authentic smoky flavor of barbecue, a flat grill may not be the way to go.
After all, dripping fat has no choice but to go into a fat management system.
That may mean easier cleanup, but it can also mean failure because the fat and grease will not be carried over the flames to capture the natural smoke in the food.
Number of Burners
When considering the number of burners, also check the number of BTUs (British Thermal Units). This is basically the output, which varies from 13,000 to 18,000 per burner, depending on the model.
Add this together to get the total BTUs, which is an estimate of the cooking speed when all the burners are used.
Most small flat grills simply have two burners. These can be controlled independently to create a cold zone and a hot zone.
The ability to actively cook in one zone and move meat and vegetables to one side to keep them warm is very useful. The larger ones have four or even five burners and can be expected to have significant BTUs.
While a flat grill (with a cover to protect it from the elements) with a fixed location in the yard is nice, it also needs to be mobile.
This may mean an ideal location that is close to guests but not too close. It should also be easy to move around on four sturdy casters when moving.
Because of their size, some flat grills can take several hours to assemble. When purchasing, consider manufacturers that offer expert assembly for an additional fee, which may save you some headaches.
Many models come with side supports and folding legs, so they can be easily assembled with just a few bolts.
Lockable casters allow you to move your flat grill around the yard. However, you would not want to lift the grill, especially if it is made of cast iron.
This material is very heavy, and we recommend that you do not attempt to lift it unless you have an extra body.
If portability is important to you, you may want to choose a smaller model. For flat grills with only two burners, the cooking surface should be limited and easily lifted with help.
Some flat grills have two burners but no legs. With heat-resistant surfaces, these grills are perfect for taking with you on camping trips, car trips, or just for hot, grilled food options.
The size of your cooking surface speaks volumes about the kind of host you are or want to be. If you are just cooking a casual breakfast or barbecue on a flat grill, 250 to 400 square inches should be enough.
For large gatherings or backyard parties, you can expect more than 700 square inches or even 900 square inches of cooking surface.
While a large cooking surface is versatile for griddling and serving pancakes, the entire surface must be heated.
Grilling 60 burgers at once in this space would require heating each one with gas. If you don't want to end your gathering early, be sure to fill up on gas.
When it comes to temperature control, you will benefit from a gas heat source, as most flat grills do. You can raise or lower the temperature with the control knob, or simply select low, medium, or high.
You can also create cool and hot zones with independently controlled burners to cook the way you want.
Easy to clean
Fat and oil management systems are essential to find on flat grills if you don't want to spend time cleaning them. These systems are relatively simple and consist of cups, extraction trays, and buckets that collect grease drippings.
The grates must be greased in advance, but the oil is collected to eliminate the need for cleaning.
Some flat grills have a nonstick surface that is very easy to clean. Not only does this prevent food from sticking to the surface, but it also allows you to simply wipe the surface with a paper towel to complete the cooking process.
Pre-shared surfaces, which become more durable with use, are even easier to clean.
Also Read: Best Electric Tea Kettle for Hard Water
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best oil for flat grill seasoning?
Choosing an oil with a high smoke point, such as olive oil, vegetable oil, or rapeseed oil. The grill should be heated to at least 350 degrees and cleaned with only 2 tablespoons of oil.
What is the difference between a flat grill and a griddle?
In general, a flat grill is much larger and hotter than a typical griddle. And since most grills have only one heat source, they don't have the versatility of a multi-burner flat grill." Flat grills are available with a variety of surface finishes. Most grills have a nonstick surface finish, but many flat tops still use a cold-rolled steel cooking surface. This requires seasoning and special care. While griddles are usually a small appliance or kitchen accessory, flat-top grills offer a truly unique cooking experience that can produce a complete meal. In terms of cooking potential, the flat top is a grill on steroids.
What can you grill on a flat grill?
Rather, the question is what can't you cook on a versatile flat grill? Imagine a warm menu from a traditional restaurant and actually cook it all yourself.
From steaks and burgers to more caramelized delights, you'll find a wide variety of dishes to choose from.
You can even use the flat grill for breakfast, including egg dishes, pancakes, French toast, and toast, all of which are cooking options. There are also more exciting menu items such as fajitas, whose large space will be perfect for onions and sliced meats.
The teppanyaki also flattens the surface of the fish for more even cooking.
Fatty meats such as chicken thighs with skin, bacon, and steaks are a concern. Flat grills can face oil splatter if they are not equipped with a proper grease management system.
There are the Best Flat Top Grill to choose from, depending on your budget and space. You can choose from small tabletop flat grills to large floor-mounted models with trolleys and legs.
If you want a large cooking surface in your garden, choose a flat grill with a trolley or stand. You can use it as a regular grill and also cook eggs, pancakes, and other breakfast foods.
If you want a grill that you can take camping or to the park, choose a tabletop model. Tabletop models are easy to carry.
The most important feature, however, is the size of the cooking surface. Consider the number of people you will be cooking for and choose a flat grill that will meet your needs.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply