Food processors are essential kitchen appliances because of their multifunctional and efficient food processing capabilities. Food processors can puree, slice, chop, shred, and perform many other functions. However, not all food processors can perform multiple functions, so we need to advise our customers before they invest in a food processor.
We want to provide you with as much information and advice as possible so you can invest in the highest quality product available. Below is a list of the best cabbage shredders on the market.
Also Read: Best Mini Fridge For Beer
Best Food Processor For Shredding Cabbage
Why do you want a food processor?
Many people own a food processor because it makes the task of food preparation much easier.
Thanks to advances in technology, a good appliance with a powerful motor and sharp blades can make sliced tomatoes and peanut butter look restaurant-quality by simply adding the ingredients and operating the blades.
Food processors can be used to properly mix salad dressings and dips, knead pie and pasta dough, grind meat, crush seeds and spices, quickly grind cheese as well as vegetables, and some models can even whip cream and eggs! Some models can even whip cream or eggs. And best of all, it can do it all in less time.
If you already have a mixer, you will appreciate the advantages of a food processor. They save a lot of time and make a big difference in your daily kitchen routine.
How do I shred cabbage in a food processor?
Shredding cabbage can be done in just a few simple steps.
Step 1: Remove the exterior
First, the outer layer of the cabbage must be removed, as it is often dirty or damaged.
Step 2: Wash
The cabbage should then be washed thoroughly to ensure that it is clean, as traces of insects and worms may still be present.
Also, pesticide residues sprayed on cabbage can be harmful. Therefore, it is essential to wash them thoroughly.
Step 3: Cutting
Next, cut the cabbage with a knife. The size of the cut will depend on the feed tube of your food processor.
We recommend using a knife longer than the diameter of the cabbage. Be careful to cut it in half lengthwise so that it does not fall apart.
Step 4: Attach the shredder disk
It is important that the shredder disk is attached to the inside of the food processor.
Step 5: Processor
Once you notice that the debris has entered the feed tube, the food processor is ready to process and can be started.
Note, however, that the more you slice the cabbage horizontally, the smaller the slices will be. Therefore, ask yourself first whether you need long or short slices.
Best Food Processor For Shredding Cabbage | Comparison Table 2023
5-Stars Pick | Great Prices | High Quality
|Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor Ultra Quiet Powerful motor, includes 7 Attachment Blades + Chopper and Citrus Juicer , Made in Europe with German Engineering||Braun||Check Price|
|Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor, Silver||Breville||Check Price|
|Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor Custom, Brushed Stainless||Cuisinart||Check Price|
|Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor, 500-watt, Black||Oster||Check Price|
|Hamilton Beach Stack & Snap Food Processor and Vegetable Chopper, BPA Free, Stainless Steel Blades, 12 Cup Bowl, 2-Speed 450 Watt Motor, Black (70725A)||Hamilton Beach||Check Price|
|Cuisinart DLC-8SBCY Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Chrome||Cuisinart||Check Price|
|Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Slicing, Shredding, Mincing, and Puree, 8 Cup, Black||Hamilton Beach||Check Price|
|KitchenAid KFP1466ER 14-Cup Food Processor with Exact Slice System and Dicing Kit - Empire Red (Renewed)||KitchenAid||Check Price|
|Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Chopping, Shredding, Slicing, Mixing and Mincing, White (70450)||Hamilton Beach||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Food Processor For Shredding Cabbage | Reviews 2023
1. Braun FP3020 12 Cup: Best Food Processor For Shredding Cabbage
- Its used for chop, slice, whisk and knead, or even get a vitamin boost with the juicer attachment
- DualControl system with variable speed: The pre-set speed function ensures immediate and very even results, without ramping up through all speeds. Processing starts directly at any of 11 speeds you choose, for even more control over performance
- Easy to clean: Every part (except the base with the motor) is dishwasher safe
- Power, and Voltage: Rated Powerful 600-watt motors for Processing - 110V For USA
- One year warranty from the manufacturer
- Ultra Quiet Powerful motor, includes 7 Attachment Blades + Chopper and Citrus Juicer , Made in Europe with German Engineering
The Braun FP3020 is a 12 cup food processor that is designed with German engineering for optimal performance. It features a powerful 600 watt motor that makes it ultra-quiet during operation. The food processor comes with 7 attachment blades, a chopper, and a citrus juicer to make a variety of tasks easy to accomplish. The DualControl system allows you to select from 11 different speeds to ensure even and immediate results.
One of the most convenient features of the Braun FP3020 is its ease of cleaning. All parts of the food processor (except the base with the motor) are dishwasher safe, making it simple to keep the machine in top working condition. The food processor also comes with a one-year warranty from the manufacturer, giving you peace of mind in your purchase.
- Powerful 600-watt motor for efficient processing
- Includes 7 attachment blades, chopper, and citrus juicer
- DualControl system with variable speed options
- Easy to clean with dishwasher-safe parts
- Comes with a one-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Only 110V for use in the USA
- Some users may find the size of the food processor to be too large for their needs
- It doesn’t have a lot of extra features like a built-in scale or measuring cups.
Also Read: Best Lunch Cooler For Construction Workers
2. Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef Top Food Processor For Shredding Cabbage
- Grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups
- 12 cup cap; BPA Free plastic work bowl; Safety braking system
- Large 5 wide feed chute eliminates the need to precut most ingredients
- Momentary pulse button for maximum control and even processing
- 1000 watt induction motor offers great versatility and power in a compact size
- Prevents the motor from operating unless the bowl and lid are correctly locked in position, and large feed pusher is inserted
- Voltage: 110 to 120 volts
The Breville Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor is a versatile kitchen appliance that can handle a variety of tasks, from grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups. With a 12-cup capacity, it is large enough to handle large quantities of ingredients, yet still compact enough to fit on most kitchen counters. The work bowl is made of BPA-free plastic, ensuring that your food stays safe and healthy.
One of the standout features of this food processor is its safety braking system. This prevents the motor from operating unless the bowl and lid are correctly locked in position, and the large feed pusher is inserted. This added safety feature gives you peace of mind when using the appliance, knowing that it will not accidentally turn on while you are assembling the ingredients.
- Can handle a variety of tasks, including grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups
- Large 12 cup capacity
- BPA-free plastic work bowl
- The safety braking system for added safety
- Large 5″ wide feed chute eliminates the need to precut most ingredients
- Can be expensive
- Large size may be difficult to store in small kitchens
- 110-120 volts may not be compatible with all electrical systems.
3. Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor For Shredding Cabbage
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: Cuisinart’s 720-watt motor for our 14-cup large-capacity food processor can handle almost anything. Make any kind of dip, puree soup, or sauce including hummus, salsa, guacamole - the possibilities are endless
- MUST HAVE FEATURES: The 14-cup food processor has an “on” and “off/pulse” buttons with a Lexan bowl, extra large feed tube with small and large pusher bowl sleeve assembly. Also a detachable disc stem for easy use and clean up. Cord length is 36-inches
- INCLUDED: Stainless steel standard slicing disc (4mm), medium shredding disc, and stainless steel chopping/mixing blade. Also includes a spatula, instruction manual, and recipe booklet with dishwasher-safe parts .~~NOTE TO CONSUMER: Shredding and slicing blades are not adjustable. Please refer to the manual before set up
- FULL 5-YEAR WARRANTY: On motor with LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
The Cuisinart 14 Cup Food Processor, model DFP-14BCNY, is a powerful and versatile kitchen appliance that can handle a wide variety of food preparation tasks. With a 720-watt motor, this large-capacity food processor can make any kind of dip, puree soup or sauce, including hummus, salsa, guacamole, and more. The possibilities are endless.
This 14 cup food processor has a number of must-have features, including an "on" and "off/pulse" button, a Lexan bowl, an extra-large feed tube, a small and large pusher bowl sleeve assembly, and a detachable disc stem for easy use and cleanup. The cord length is 36 inches, making it easy to use the processor in any kitchen.
- Superior function: 720-watt motor can handle almost anything
- Must-have features: 14 cup capacity, on/off and pulse buttons, Lexan bowl, large feed tube, detachable disc stem
- Included accessories: stainless steel standard slicing disc, medium shredding disc, and chopping/mixing blade, spatula, instruction manual, recipe booklet
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Full 5-year warranty on motor and limited 3-year warranty on the product
- Shredding and slicing blades are not adjustable.
- May be too large for some kitchens
- Warranty is limited to troubleshoot and question surrounding the warranty policies.
Also Read: Best Countertop Oven For Baking
4. Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor
- 500-Watt Motor with 2 Speeds and Pulse Control buttons
- 5 Wide, Large-Mouth Food Chute w/Food Pusher
- Reversible slicing/shredding disc
- 10 Cup Capacity Work Bowl with locking lid
- Includes Dough Blade
- Refer the user manual below for proper usage instructions
- 500-watt, Black
- 6500 RPM High Speed & 12000 RPM Low Speed.
- This food processor is equipped with a powerful 500-watt motor that can process any food in seconds.
- The largemouth allows for easy feeding of larger items, such as whole fruits and vegetables
- The dough blade is perfect for mixing and kneading bread doughs. It also works well for making homemade pasta or pizza dough.
- The locking lid keeps the contents in the work bowl while processing, preventing spills and messes in your kitchen. It also prevents the contents from drying out while you are preparing other foods to be processed.
The Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor is a versatile kitchen appliance that can help you with a variety of food preparation tasks. It features a powerful 500-watt motor with 2 speeds and pulse control buttons, which allows you to easily adjust the speed to suit the task at hand.
One of the standout features of this food processor is its large-mouth food chute, which measures 5 inches wide. This makes it easy to process larger fruits and vegetables without having to chop them up first. The food pusher also helps guide food through the chute, ensuring that it is processed evenly.
Another great feature of this food processor is its reversible slicing and shredding disc. This allows you to quickly switch between slicing and shredding with the flip of a switch. Additionally, the 10-cup capacity work bowl has a locking lid which ensures safety and stability during operation.
- Powerful 500-watt motor with 2 speeds and pulse control buttons for versatility.
- Large-mouth food chute, 5 inches wide, for processing larger fruits and vegetables.
- Reversible slicing and shredding disc for quick switch between slicing and shredding.
- 10-cup capacity work bowl with locking lid for safety and stability during operation.
- Includes a dough blade for kneading and mixing.
- Some users have reported that the food pusher can be difficult to use.
- The product is not dishwasher safe, so it requires hand washing.
- Some users have reported that the food processor is loud during operation.
5. Hamilton Beach Stack & Snap Food Processor
- Prep the freshest ingredients: A powerful 450 watt motor and 2 speeds plus pulse control save you time and money
- Simple to assemble and use: Stack and snap design requires no difficult twisting or locking; A simple function guide is printed on the food processor for ease of use
- 12 cup capacity: Sealed bowl helps prevent leaks when mixing liquids; Dimensions (inches) 16.25 H X 9.55 W X 8.76 D; BPA free in all food zones
- Stainless steel blades: S-blade and reversible slice & shred disc chop, slice, shred, mix and puree just about anything
- Large feed chute: Big mouth feed chute fits whole foods for quick, easy processing and less prep time
- Simple function guide shows you which blade to use and which button to press
- Included Components: Food Processor, Bowl, Lid, Blade
- and Vegetable Chopper, BPA Free, Stainless Steel Blades, 12 Cup Bowl, 2-Speed 450 Watt Motor, Black (70725A)
The Hamilton Beach Stack & Snap Food Processor and Vegetable Chopper is a versatile kitchen appliance that can help you prep a variety of ingredients quickly and easily. It features a powerful 450 watt motor and two speeds plus pulse control, which allows you to chop, slice, shred, mix, and puree a wide range of foods with ease. The stack and snap design of this food processor is simple to assemble and use, and a simple function guide is printed on the food processor for ease of use.
With a 12 cup capacity, this food processor has a sealed bowl that helps prevent leaks when mixing liquids. The BPA-free material in all food zones ensures that your food stays safe and healthy. The stainless steel blades, including an S-blade and reversible slice & shred disc, can handle tough ingredients with ease. The large feed chute can accommodate whole foods, which means less prep time and more efficiency.
- Powerful 450 watt motor and 2 speeds plus pulse control for efficient food processing.
- Simple to assemble and use with stack and snap design.
- 12 cup capacity with a sealed bowl to prevent leaks.
- BPA-free in all food zones.
- Stainless steel blades and large feed chute for quick and easy processing of ingredients.
- Some users have reported issues with leakage from the bowl.
- The motor can be loud.
- Some users have reported difficulty in cleaning the product.
Also Read: Best Portable Oven For Baking
6. Cuisinart DLC-8SBCY Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: The Cuisinart Pro Custom 11, 11-Cup Food Processor with a 625-watt motor platform enables this versatile food processing system to offer variety of functions, attachments and accessories
- EASY TO USE: Extra-large feed tube holds whole fruits and vegetables, on/off-pulse, plus easy to clean
- INCLUDED: Chopping/mixing blade, stainless steel shredding disc (2mm), medium slicing disc (4mm), detachable disc stem, compact flat cover, spatula, with small and large pushers – Instruction/Recipe Book
- ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES: To be sold separately
- FULL 5-YEAR on MOTOR – LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
The Cuisinart DLC-8SBCYP1 Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor is a powerful and versatile kitchen appliance that is designed to make food preparation easy and efficient. With a 625-watt motor platform, this food processor offers a variety of functions, attachments and accessories to suit all your food processing needs.
One of the standout features of this food processor is its extra-large feed tube, which is capable of holding whole fruits and vegetables. This means that you can easily process large ingredients without having to chop them into smaller pieces first. The on/off-pulse function also makes it easy to control the processing speed, ensuring that you get the perfect consistency every time.
- Powerful 625-watt motor platform for versatile food processing capabilities.
- Extra-large feed tube holds whole fruits and vegetables for easy processing.
- On/off-pulse function for precise control over processing speed.
- Includes chopping/mixing blade, stainless steel shredding disc, medium slicing disc, and more.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty on the motor and a 3-year limited warranty.
- Additional accessories must be purchased separately.
- The warranty only covers manufacturer defects
- Some users have reported that the motor is loud during use.
7. Hamilton Beach Food Processor
- SPEND LESS TIME ON PREP IN THE KITCHEN: Food processor makes quick, easy work of common kitchen prep work like shredding cheese, slicing veggies and pureeing pestos and dips.
- 8 CUP CAPACITY: The 8 cup bowl is large enough to handle most jobs but small enough for easy storage.
- LARGE FEED CHUTE: Can fit large foods like a whole block of cheese for quick, easy processing and less prep time.
- VERSATILITY OF A FOOD PROCESSOR, FOOD CHOPPER AND VEGETABLE CHOPPER: Reversible disc slices and shreds, while the stainless steel s-blade chops, mixes and purees.
- 2 SPEEDS PLUS PULSE AND 450 WATTS OF POWER: Food processor features low and high speeds plus pulse for the control you need for a variety of recipes.
- DISHWASHER SAFE PARTS: Dishwasher safe blades, bowl and lid make cleanup easy. Parts are BPA-free in food zones.
- Vegetable Chopper for Slicing, Shredding, Mincing, and Puree, 8 Cup, Black
The Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper is a versatile and powerful kitchen tool that can make quick and easy work of common kitchen preparation tasks. With an 8 cup capacity, the bowl is large enough to handle most jobs, but small enough for easy storage. The product features a large feed chute, which can fit large foods like a whole block of cheese, allowing for quick and easy processing and less prep time.
This food processor is not just limited to slicing and shredding, it also features a reversible disc that can slice and shred, while the stainless steel s-blade can chop, mix and puree. With 2 speeds plus pulse and 450 watts of power, this food processor gives you the control you need for a variety of recipes. Whether you are preparing a simple salad or a more complex dish, this food processor can handle it all.
- Can quickly and easily handle common kitchen prep tasks like shredding cheese and slicing veggies
- 8 cup capacity is suitable for most jobs
- Large feed chute can fit large foods
- Versatile with a reversible disc for slicing and shredding and a stainless steel s-blade for chopping, mixing and pureeing
- 2 speeds plus pulse and 450 watts of power give you control over a variety of recipes.
- May not be suitable for very small jobs
- The feed chute may not be as large as other models
- It could be too bulky for some kitchens with limited counter space.
Also Read: Best Stand Mixers Under $200
8. KitchenAid KFP1466ER 14-Cup Food Processor
- Industrys First hands-free commercial-style dicing kit slices then dices for effortless processing.
- The externally adjustable ExactSlice System features optimized speeds, and an external lever that allows you to go from thick to thin with one slide of the lever.
- High, Low & Pulse speed options allow you to precisely and properly handle soft or hard ingredients with the touch of a button.
- The 2-in-1 Feed Tube lets you use either the large or narrower opening during continuous slicing or shredding, depending on the size of the ingredients.
- Model KFP1466 includes 14-Cup Work Bowl, 4-Cup Work Bowl, Lid with Feed Tube, Lid without Feed Tube, Adjustable Slicing Disc, Reversible Shredding Disc, Multipurpose Blade, Multipurpose Blade for 4-Cup Work Bowl, Dough Blade, Dicing Kit, Clean Out Tool, Storage Case.
- hands-free commercial-style dicing kit slices then dices for effortless processing
- externally adjustable ExactSlice System features optimized speeds, and an external lever that allows you to go from thick to thin with one slide of the lever
- High, Low & Pulse speed options allow you to precisely and properly handle soft or hard ingredients with the touch of a button
- 2-in-1 Feed Tube lets you use either the large or narrower opening during continuous slicing or shredding, depending on the size of the ingredients
- includes 14-Cup Work Bowl, 4-Cup Work Bowl, Lid with Feed Tube, Lid without Feed Tube, Adjustable Slicing Disc, Reversible Shredding Disc, Multipurpose Blade, Multipurpose Blade for 4-Cup Work Bowl, Dough Blade, Dicing Kit, Clean Out Tool, Storage Case
- with Exact Slice System and Dicing Kit - Empire Red (Renewed)
The KitchenAid KFP1466ER 14-Cup Food Processor is a powerful and versatile kitchen appliance that comes with a number of advanced features to make food preparation easier and more efficient. One of the most notable features of this food processor is the industry's first hands-free commercial-style dicing kit, which slices and dices ingredients with ease, eliminating the need for manual chopping and mincing.
The food processor also comes with an externally adjustable ExactSlice System, which allows you to easily switch between thick and thin slicing with the slide of a lever. Additionally, the processor features High, Low & Pulse speed options, allowing you to precisely and properly handle soft or hard ingredients with the touch of a button.
- Hands-free commercial-style dicing kit for effortless processing.
- Externally adjustable ExactSlice System for precise slicing.
- High, Low & Pulse speed options for proper handling of ingredients.
- 2-in-1 Feed Tube for versatile food preparation.
- Comes with multiple blades and a storage case for convenience.
- It is heavy and bulky to store.
- It is relatively expensive.
- Cleaning the dicing kit can be time-consuming.
Also Read: Best Commercial Stand Mixer
9. Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor
- Included Components: Hamilton Beach 70450 8-Cup Food Processor
- Brand : Hamilton Beach
- Model : 70450
- & Vegetable Chopper for Chopping, Shredding, Slicing, Mixing and Mincing, White (70450)
- This product is also under $50 and contains slicing and shredding discs so you can prepare all kinds of dishes.
- t’s particularly great for shredding cabbage although it also works successfully on tougher foods like potatoes and carrots.
- ll removable parts are dishwasher-friendly and the processor is easy to reassemble after cleaning.
The Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper is a versatile kitchen appliance that makes food preparation a breeze. With a powerful 300-watt motor, this food processor can easily chop, shred, slice, mix and mince a wide variety of ingredients, making it perfect for both everyday cooking and special occasions.
One of the standout features of this food processor is its interchangeable blades. The included reversible disc and chopping blade allow you to switch between different cutting and shredding options with ease, giving you greater control over the texture and consistency of your food. Whether you're preparing a salad, salsa, or puree, this food processor can help you achieve the perfect results every time.
- Versatile with ability to chop, shred, slice, mix and mince.
- Interchangeable blades for greater control over texture and consistency.
- Powerful 300-watt motor.
- Suitable for everyday cooking and special occasions.
- Has a capacity of 8 cups.
- Not specified if it has a pulse function.
- Not specified if it has a large feed tube.
- Not specified if it has a warranty.
How To Choose The Best Food Processor For Shredding Cabbage | Ultimate Guide 2023
Food processors should have powerful blades with the ability to grind, slice, and chop. Always be sure to invest in a food processor made by a well-known brand with razor-sharp, sturdy, durable blades.
Most food processors do not offer many features, but rather basic functionality. However, some of the food processors on the market allow you to set the speed and thickness, so you may want to invest in such a device. Also, be sure to invest in a product with customizable settings.
Food processors come in a variety of sizes, but customers should always invest in compact products. A compact food processor can be easily placed in the kitchen or on the counter. There are many quality compact food processors on the market, so take a look at them and choose the one that best suits your needs.
To begin with, as mentioned above, not much power is needed when it comes to grating cabbage. Typically, food processors have a power range of 200-1500 watts. For cabbage, a 300-400 watt processor is sufficient. Note that, in general, the higher the power, the higher the price.
It is advisable to select a processor with the appropriate capacity for the person who will be cooking. When cooking for one or two people, two to five small bowls are usually enough. However, as the number of people increases, a larger capacity is needed.
When considering capacity, it is also useful to consider the size of the feed tube. The larger the feed tube, the more cabbage can be put in at one time.
Due to the different sizes, motor power outputs also vary. The minimum is 250W, and there are currently none that exceed 1200W. The higher the power, the more decisive and stable the cut.
Mini processors are intended for small-scale work and usually do not require more than 450 watts of power. Medium and large sizes require more motor power to take advantage of more precise features.
The most powerful processors often range from 720 watts (1 hp) to 1300 watts. The higher power allows them to perform more difficult tasks. It also allows you to use more tools to maximize the engine's potential.
In addition, the quality of the motor is also important. Hard and sticky foods are very difficult to process, and a poor quality motor will not handle them well. Therefore, it is very important to choose a reliable brand to reduce the risk of bringing nasties into your home.
Blades and discs
The main difference between a food processor and a blender is that they are equipped with blades and discs that are specialized for cooking. These tools are useful for cutting products into small pieces, shaping them into specific shapes, and preparing food.
There are two types of blades: metal blades, which are primarily used for chopping ingredients, and plastic blades, which are suitable for kneading large amounts of dough (3.5 cups or more). Metal blade designs vary by brand. In addition to the timeless "S" design, there is a Ninja laminated blade and a new diagonal cut.
These two new models are considered "better than the old ones" by many owners due to the increased coverage. However, some say that they are not sure of the difference, and that many major brands still use the "S" design on their high-end models. So it may simply be a matter of personal preference.
As for discs, there are two main types: "slicers," which look like a regular knife cut, and "shredders," which resemble a manual grater. The opening of the slicer determines the thickness of the slice, so unless there is an adjustable disc, there is only one size.
More expensive models will probably have some additional accessories. These can change the quality or shape of the slice or suggest entirely new uses.
- The blades and discs are hard and razor sharp. Hold the blade by the hub and the disc by the blunt edge or on a safe surface to avoid injury.
- If you do not have a dishwasher, be sure to wear gloves and place the disc and blade in full view when cleaning.
Most food processors, including those on our list, have safety features that require them to be used with lids and splash guards on.
Many companies have an activation trigger built into the motor and a safety key for the bowl and its lid (and possibly the pusher). Others design the splash guard as a sheet that must be placed before the motor can be started.
Therefore, in the unlikely event that you operate the processor with the cover removed, please stop using it immediately, unplug it, and contact our help desk for the appropriate solution.
The food processor is equipped with a dishwasher-safe container (also called a work bowl). Capacities vary from a few cups to 16 cups and often have a measuring device printed on the body.
Appliances with 7 cups or more are equipped with a container with a feed chute. The feed chute is linked to a slicing or shredding disc, allowing the user to add ingredients as the food is prepared. Some models have a safety key for the pusher on the feed chute as well as the lid.
The 7-cup and larger work bowls have no chute and are called "choppers" or "mini-choppers" because their main function is to chop ingredients. However, they do have a nozzle hole, which is very useful for preparing certain mixtures.
The shredder disk is the main accessory for the "shredding" process. It is essential to pay attention to the attachment. For shredding cabbage, you need a special shredding/slicing disc. It will shred the cabbage efficiently.
Also Read: Best Slow Cooker With Browning Feature
Best Food Processor For Shredding Cabbage | Infographics
Best Food Processor For Shredding Cabbage | Video Explanation
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I grate cabbage in a food processor?
To grate cabbage in a food processor, cut the cabbage into small wedges that can be inserted into the processor tube. Use the blade to grate the cabbage thinly.
Can the slicing blade be used to grate cabbage?
If your food processor does not have a grater, you can still grate cabbage, but not to such a fine grain. Use the thinnest slicing blade and turn until the cabbage is cut into medium-sized pieces.
Can I grate cabbage in a spiralizer?
A food processor is a bit ... If so, a spiralizer is an efficient way to grate cabbage. The center blade of an inexpensive spiralizer is very effective for cutting cabbage into coleslaw-sized pieces.
Do I have to grate all the cabbage?
All cabbage leaves can be eaten. The core, however, is hard and inedible. Before grating the cabbage, remove and discard the core.
What is the capacity of an 8-cup food processor?
One cup is about 128 grams of dry food; an 8-cup food processor will easily fit in a cupboard but will have difficulty handling dense foods such as pizza dough.
Can I use a food processor to shred cabbage?
Yes, you can use a food processor to shred the cabbage. Keep in mind that the leaves will be very wet at this time. You may need to squeeze them before adding them to the recipe.
Can the slicer blade be used to grate cabbage?
No, you cannot use a slicer blade to grate cabbage. Slicer blades are suitable for slicing and dicing soft fruits and vegetables such as cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions, but not carrots or potatoes.
Can the spiralizer slice cabbage into strips?
It is very easy to shred cabbage, especially with a two-blade spiralizer like the Vegitti.
Do I have to shred the whole cabbage?
To make coleslaw, you must use whole cabbage. This means that it needs to be grated, not just sliced. You can add carrots or other vegetables!
How big can it be?
If you are cooking for a large group of people or making the same recipe over and over, we recommend a larger food processor with an 11-16 cup capacity. However, they tend to cost more, weigh more, and take up more counter space. A capacity of about 7 cups should be sufficient for most tasks.
A chopper is useful for small tasks such as dicing half an onion or chopping a handful of parsley. They are also easy to clean.
When should you pay more?
The less expensive models we tested tend to perform poorly on at least one processing task. They are also loud, while many of the higher-end models are quiet.
Can I use a food processor to grate cabbage for sauerkraut?
Yes, you can use a food processor to shred cabbage for sauerkraut.
Why is cabbage healthy?
Cabbage is a healthy vegetable because it provides high levels of nutrients and vitamins with few calories. The vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, and fiber found in this cruciferous vegetable may help reduce the risk of certain cancers, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes.
Can food processors be washed in a dishwasher?
Food processors are generally dishwasher-safe, but check the manufacturer's instructions for more information.
How do I shred cabbage for coleslaw in a food processor?
Cut the cabbage into quarters and separate the ends and core of each quarter horizontally. Pulse in a food processor to finely grate, or slice finely by hand with a knife. When grating cabbage, it is best to use a small amount (about half a ball at a time). To slice it thinly by hand, use a chef's knife or paring knife and cut it about 1/16 inch wide (the width of a 10 yen coin).
Can I grate the cabbage in a blender?
Not recommended. A blender is not for chopping food, but for making a liquid or smooth puree. If you try to make coleslaw in a blender, the chunks will be too large or grated unevenly. Save the blender for smoothies!
What is the difference between kale and red cabbage?
Kale and red cabbage are both vegetables, but they come from different plant families and have different nutritional profiles, flavors, and textures.
- Plant Family: Kale belongs to the Brassica family, which also includes vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts. Red cabbage belongs to the Brassica genus as well, but it is a member of the Capitata group, which includes other types of cabbage.
- Nutritional Profile: Both kale and red cabbage are low in calories and high in nutrients. Kale is particularly rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Red cabbage is also a good source of vitamin C and antioxidants, as well as dietary fiber and vitamin K.
- Flavor and Texture: Kale has a slightly bitter and earthy flavor, and its leaves are tough and fibrous, which is why it is often cooked or massaged before eating. Red cabbage has a crunchy texture and a mild, sweet flavor, and can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Culinary Uses: Kale is often used in salads, soups, smoothies, and as a side dish. Red cabbage is commonly used in salads, coleslaw, stir-fries, and pickling.
Overall, while both kale and red cabbage are nutritious and versatile vegetables, they have distinct differences in taste, texture, and culinary uses.
What is the difference between shredding and grating vegetables?
Shredding and grating are both methods of cutting vegetables into small pieces, but they produce different shapes and textures. Here are the main differences:
- Shape: Shredding cuts vegetables into long, thin strips, while grating produces smaller, finer pieces.
- Size: Shredded pieces are usually longer and thicker than grated pieces.
- Texture: Shredded vegetables have a more substantial and crunchy texture, while grated vegetables are finer and softer.
- Equipment: Shredding is typically done with a knife, a mandoline, or a food processor with a slicing attachment. Grating is usually done with a box grater or a food processor with a grating attachment.
- Culinary uses: Shredded vegetables are commonly used in salads, slaws, stir-fries, and sandwiches, while grated vegetables are often used in recipes like fritters, cakes, and bread. Additionally, shredded vegetables may be more suitable for cooked dishes where they can retain some texture and crunch, while grated vegetables may work better in recipes that require softer, more uniform pieces.
Overall, shredding and grating produce different shapes and textures and are used for different culinary purposes. The method you choose will depend on the recipe and the desired outcome.
How do you shred cabbage super thin?
To shred cabbage super thin, you will need a sharp knife and some practice. Here are some steps to follow:
- Choose a head of cabbage that is firm and dense, with tightly packed leaves. Remove any tough or damaged outer leaves.
- Cut the cabbage in half from top to bottom. Place each half cut-side down on a cutting board.
- Use a sharp chef's knife to cut out the core from each half. Cut at an angle to remove as much of the core as possible.
- Lay one half of the cabbage flat on the cutting board, cut side down. Use a sharp knife to cut the cabbage into thin slices, working from the top of the cabbage down towards the base. Aim for slices that are about 1/8-inch thick.
- Once you have cut all the way through the cabbage, gather the slices into a pile and repeat the process with the other half.
- If you need even thinner shreds, you can stack several slices of cabbage on top of each other and slice them together.
- Once you have shredded the cabbage, you can use it in a variety of recipes, such as coleslaw, stir-fry, or sauerkraut.
It may take some practice to get the hang of shredding cabbage super thin, but with a sharp knife and some patience, you should be able to achieve the desired result.
What is the best tool for shredding cabbage?
The best tool for shredding cabbage depends on personal preference and the intended use of the shredded cabbage. Here are some popular options:
- Chef's knife: A sharp chef's knife can be used to slice cabbage thinly and uniformly. This is a good option if you only need to shred a small amount of cabbage.
- Mandoline: A mandoline is a kitchen tool with an adjustable blade that can be used to shred cabbage thinly and evenly. Mandolines can be dangerous if not used properly, so it's important to use the safety guard and follow the instructions carefully.
- Food processor: A food processor can make quick work of shredding large amounts of cabbage. Use the slicing attachment and feed the cabbage through the chute, using the pusher to help guide it through.
- Box grater: A box grater with a large shredding blade can also be used to shred the cabbage. This method is best for smaller amounts of cabbage and can be more time-consuming than other methods.
No matter which tool you choose, be sure to wash and remove any tough or damaged outer leaves from the cabbage before shredding.
Can you use a food processor to shred cabbage?
Yes, a food processor can be used to shred cabbage quickly and easily. To use a food processor to shred cabbage, first, remove any tough or damaged outer leaves and cut the cabbage into chunks that will fit through the feed tube. Attach the slicing blade to the food processor and feed the cabbage through the chute, using the pusher to help guide it through. You can adjust the thickness of the slices by adjusting the blade setting. Be sure to keep your hands and fingers away from the blade and follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully for safe use. Once the cabbage is shredded, it can be used in a variety of recipes, such as coleslaw, stir-fry, or sauerkraut.
Can you shred cabbage in a mini food processor?
Yes, you can shred cabbage in a mini food processor, but the amount of cabbage you can shred at one time will be limited by the size of the mini food processor. Mini-food processors typically have smaller bowls and less powerful motors than full-sized food processors, so you may need to shred the cabbage in batches. To shred cabbage in a mini food processor, first, remove any tough or damaged outer leaves and cut the cabbage into small pieces that will fit through the feed tube. Attach the slicing blade to the mini food processor and feed the cabbage through the chute in small batches, using the pusher to help guide it through. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully for safe use. Once the cabbage is shredded, it can be used in a variety of recipes, such as coleslaw, stir-fry, or sauerkraut.
What is the easiest way to shred cabbage?
The easiest way to shred cabbage will depend on the tools and equipment you have available. Here are a few options:
- Food processor: A food processor with a slicing attachment is the easiest and quickest way to shred cabbage, especially if you need to shred a large amount. Simply cut the cabbage into wedges that fit through the feed tube, and feed them through the chute.
- Mandoline: A mandoline is a handheld slicing tool that can be used to shred cabbage quickly and easily. You can adjust the thickness of the slices by adjusting the blade setting.
- Chef's knife: A sharp chef's knife can also be used to shred cabbage, although it will take a little more time and effort than using a food processor or mandoline. Simply cut the cabbage into thin slices with a back-and-forth motion.
No matter which method you choose, be sure to remove any tough or damaged outer leaves from the cabbage first and wash it thoroughly before shredding.
How do you shred cabbage in a Kenwood food processor?
To shred cabbage in a Kenwood food processor, you will need the slicing/grating attachment that comes with the machine. Here are the steps to follow:
- Wash the cabbage and remove any tough or damaged outer leaves. Cut the cabbage into wedges that are small enough to fit through the feed tube of the food processor.
- Insert the slicing/grating disc into the food processor, making sure it clicks into place.
- Set the food processor to the slicing function by turning the dial to the appropriate setting. The thickness of the slices can usually be adjusted by moving the lever on the side of the food processor.
- Turn the food processor on and feed the cabbage wedges through the feed tube, using the pusher to help guide them down.
- Once you have sliced all of the cabbage, turn off the food processor and remove the slicing/grating disc. If there are any large pieces of cabbage remaining, you can cut them by hand or reinsert them into the food processor for another pass.
- Once you have shredded the cabbage, you can use it in a variety of recipes, such as coleslaw, stir-fry, or sauerkraut.
Note that the exact steps for shredding cabbage in a Kenwood food processor may vary depending on the model, so be sure to consult the instruction manual for specific instructions.
Also Read: Best Cold Press Juicer
In this article, we reviewed the Best Food Processor For Shredding Cabbage. It is also important to note that using a cabbage grater saves time.
Also, the former task of grating cabbage does not necessarily require a very powerful food processor. Of course, a grater is a necessity if one is to do justice to the quality of grated cabbage.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply