Each of us wishes that on a cool winter night or on a warm sunny day in your own backyard, picnic area or in a park to prepare delicious dishes. We all like to put our own hands to prepare food on the grill. The smoky aroma of grilled hamburgers, steaks and kebabs is enough to make anyone impatient and crazy. But it also takes the right product to enhance the outdoor experience.
There are many gas grills on the market, which makes us confused about which one to buy exactly. The new generation of gas grills is the perfect way to go, which includes everything you need, from compact to portable. Therefore, we have selected the 9 best gas grills for barbecues that you need for a perfect barbecue under $300.
Also Read: Best Ice Cream Maker For Home
Best Gas Grill Under $300
Natural Gas Grills and Regular Gas Grills Regular Gas Grills
Propane grills are used by 64% of gas users in the United States. However, with the resurgence of natural gas, many grills are now available in both natural gas and propane.
Natural gas grills connect to your home’s gas line, so you have an unlimited supply of fuel. They are also more convenient than others and have a lower carbon footprint than propane grills.
Grilling is much more relaxing than grilling with several plates and bowls. If your grill doesn’t have enough work space (which is almost never the case), set up a table right next to the grill.
Unlike natural gas, propane gas grills require a gas tank, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage. You need to have enough gas to be able to cook, but you can grill anywhere because there is no need to connect it to a gas line. It also produces more heat.
Best Gas Grill Under $300 | Comparison Table 2023
Top Quality | 5-Star Pick | Great Prices
|Top||Cuisinart CGG-7400 Propane, 54 Inch, Full Size Four-Burner Gas Grill||Cuisinart||Check Price|
|Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner||Char-Broil||Check Price|
|Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner||Char-Broil||Check Price|
|Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Propane Gas Grill, Red||Cuisinart||Check Price|
|Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU-Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill||Char-Broil||Check Price|
|Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Propane Gas Grill and Griddle Combo with Side Table | 4-Burner, Folding Legs,Versatile, Outdoor | Black||Royal Gourmet||Check Price|
|Grill Boss GBC1932M Outdoor BBQ 3 Burner Propane Gas Grill w/ Top Cover Lid, Wheels, & Shelves for Barbecue Cooking, Black (Stainless Steel)||Grill Boss||Check Price|
|Cuisinart CGG-180TS Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill, Stainless Steel||Cuisinart||Check Price|
|Flame King - YSNHT500 RV Or Trailer Mounted BBQ - Motorhome Gas Grill - 214 Sq Inch Cooking Surface - Adjustable Flame Controller, Black||Flame King||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Gas Grill Under $300 | 2023 Products Overview
1. Cuisinart CGG-7400 Best Gas Grill Under $300
- COOKING POWER: Four 11, 000 BTU burners provide a total 44, 000 BTUs of cooking power
- COOKING SPACE: The grill is equipped with 443 square inch of cooking space with an additional 167 square inch warming rack
- CAST IRON GRATES: Heavy-duty cast iron cooking grates are great for retaining heat
- PREP SPACE: Two 18 x 13 side tables provide ample space for food prep
- CONSTRUCTION: Stainless Steel lid and control panel. Actual product may vary from images shown due to product enhancement.
- INCLUDED FEATURES: Grill utilizes drip tray to collect grease and drippings. 4-foot LP hose to connect the grill and the 20lb propane tank (propane not included).
- WARRANTY: 3-year limited warranty
The Cuisinart CGG-7400 Propane, 54 Inch, Full Size Four-Burner Gas Grill is a durable and powerful outdoor cooking option. It features four 11,000 BTU burners that provide a total of 44,000 BTUs of cooking power, allowing you to quickly and efficiently cook a variety of foods. The grill also has 443 square inches of cooking space and an additional 167 square inch warming rack, providing ample room for large meals and parties.
The heavy-duty cast iron cooking grates are great for retaining heat, ensuring that your food is cooked to perfection. Additionally, the grill has two 18″ x 13″ side tables for food prep, as well as a stainless steel lid and control panel for durability. The grill also features a drip tray to collect grease and drippings and comes with a 4-foot LP hose to connect the grill to a 20lb propane tank (propane not included). The grill comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
- Four 11,000 BTU burners provide 44,000 BTUs of cooking power
- 443 square inches of cooking space and an additional 167 square inch warming rack
- Heavy-duty cast iron cooking grates retain heat well
- Two 18″ x 13″ side tables for food prep
- Stainless steel lid and control panel for durability
- The propane tank is not included
- Some assembly is required
- Drip tray is not removable for cleaning
Also Read: Best Toaster Oven for Baking
2. Char-Broil Classic 360 Best Gas Grill Under $300
- Dimensions: 24.1 D x 51.2 W x 43.5 H | Weight: 80 lbs
- 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming | 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- 8,000 btu side burner provides a secondary cooking space for sides or sauces
- Three stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
The Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill is a great option for those who love to entertain and cook outdoors. With 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates, there's plenty of room to cook up a feast for friends and family.
The 8,000 BTU side burner provides secondary cooking space for sides or sauces, and the three stainless steel in-line burners ensure consistent cooking performance. The porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements, ensuring that your grill will last for many grilling seasons to come.
- Large cooking space
- Secondary cooking space
- Weather-resistant construction
- Consistent cooking performance
- Easy assembly
- Assembly required
- May not be suitable for very large groups
3. Char-Broil Classic 280 Gas Grill
- 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- 8,000 btu side burner provides a secondary cooking space for sides or sauces
- Two stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
- Metal side shelves measure 12-inches w x 13-inches l providing extra storage and prep space
The Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill is a black, outdoor gas grill with a rust-resistant finish. It offers 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and a 8,000 BTU side burner for a secondary cooking space.
The grill features two stainless steel in-line burners for efficient cooking and has a porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox that can withstand weather and elements. The metal side shelves measure 12 inches wide by 13 inches long and provide extra storage and prep space.
- Large cooking space
- Secondary cooking space with side burner
- Efficient in-line burners
- Durable porcelain-coated steel construction
- Extra storage and prep space with metal side shelves.
- Not suitable for larger families or parties
- May require frequent cleaning
- Assembly may be complicated.
Also Read: Best Food Processor for Nut Butters
4. Cuisinart CGG-180T Gas Grill
- Portable gas grill with 145-square-inch grilling area and foldaway legs
- Cooks 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish
- Powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner and even-heating porcelain-enameled grate
- Aluminum legs and stabilizing feet set up in seconds; integrated lid lock keeps lid secure
- Pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle; weighs 13.5 pounds
The Cuisinart CGG-180T Portable Tabletop Gas Grill is a compact and portable grill designed for outdoor cooking. With a 145-square-inch grilling area, this grill is suitable for cooking 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish. The powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner and even-heating porcelain-enameled grate provide optimal cooking performance.
The grill features foldaway legs and aluminum legs with stabilizing feet that set up in seconds and an integrated lid lock that keeps the lid secure during cooking. The grill is lightweight, weighing only 13.5 pounds and features a pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle for easy portability.
- Portable and compact design
- 145-square-inch grilling area
- 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner
- Even-heating porcelain-enameled grate
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Small grilling area
- May not be suitable for large groups
- Limited cooking options
5. Char-Broil Grill2Go
- Road worthy and built to travel easy
- Cast aluminum firebox and lid with dual stainless steel latches and temp gauge
- High-impact frame with legs and carry handles
- 200 square inch stainless steel grilling grate
- Features durable die cast aluminum construction, push button ignition, lid-mounted temperature gauge and the TRU-Infrared cooking system for no flare-ups.
- It is designed to be durable and practical, so you can barbecue, camp and swim together.
Also Read: Best Blender for Protein Shakes with Ice
6. Royal Gourmet GD401 Gas Grill
- Combination of gas grill and griddle with two individual cooking zones | Easy assembly required
- Product dimensions – 66.1 L x 21.8 W x 43.7 H | Clearance space around product – 36” | Product weight – 103.6 lbs. | Cooking area (Two) – 292 sq. inches each | Gas tank size – 20 lb. | Burners output (4) – 12,000 BTU each
- Automatic ignition system delivers fast and easy start-up with four big knobs on the stainless-steel control panel
- Two fixed side tables provide ample space for food preparation. Lower bar design keeps your grilling accessories within arms’ reach
- With fold-down legs for compact storage and four locking casters for easy moving, it is ideal for cookouts | Removable oil management system facilitates easy cleanup
The Royal Gourmet GD401 is a portable propane gas grill and griddle combo that is versatile and ideal for outdoor cooking. It comes with a black powder-coated finish and features two individual cooking zones, making it a great option for grilling. The product dimensions are 66.1" L x 21.8" W x 43.7" H, and it weighs 103.6 lbs. with a cooking area of 292 sq. inches each. The gas tank size is 20 lb. and the burners output is 12,000 BTU each.
The product features an automatic ignition system for fast and easy start-up, four big knobs on the stainless-steel control panel, and two fixed side tables for food preparation. The fold-down legs make for compact storage, and the four locking casters make it easy to move. The removable oil management system facilitates easy cleanup.
- Versatile combination of grill and griddle
- Two individual cooking zones
- Automatic ignition system
- Two fixed side tables
- Fold-down legs for compact storage
- Assembly required
- May be heavy for some users
- May take up a lot of space when in use.
7. Grill Boss GBC1932M Gas Grill
- BACKYARD GRILLING MACHINE: Outdoor propane grill with large temperature gauge made for BBQ cookout weekends with friends and family all summer long
- 3 STAINLESS STEEL BURNERS: Push and turn ignition fires up the 3 burners to diversify your level of heat for cooking chicken, steak, vegetables, and even sauces
- 2 CONVENIENT SHELVES: Dual side shelves hold all your spices, condiments, plates, and tongs to keep your hands free
- EXTRA LARGE SURFACE AREA: 25 burger capacity allows you to cook up meats for the whole neighborhood quickly
- HEAVY DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Stainless steel control panel and lid protect and shelter your savory meal from unexpected, incoming weather; Dimensions (L x W x H): 46.85 x 22.4 x 42.4 inches; Weight: 41.01 pounds
The Grill Boss GBC1932M Outdoor BBQ 3 Burner Propane Gas Grill is a backyard grilling machine made for BBQ cookout weekends with friends and family. It features 3 stainless steel burners with push-and-turn ignition and a large temperature gauge for diverse cooking options.
The dual side shelves provide convenience for holding spices, condiments, plates, and tongs, while the extra large surface area (25 burger capacity) allows you to cook up meats for the whole neighborhood quickly. The heavy-duty steel construction, stainless steel control panel, and lid protect and shelter your savory meal from incoming weather.
- Large temperature gauge for diverse cooking options.
- Dual side shelves for convenience.
- The extra large surface area with 25 burger capacity.
- Heavy-duty steel construction for protection and durability.
- Stainless steel control panel and lid for added protection.
- Assembly required.
- May require a propane tank (not included).
- Limited warranty period.
Also Read: Best Milk Steamer for Home Use
8. Cuisinart CGG-180TS Gas Grill
- 145-SQUARE-INCH PORCELAIN ENAMELED COOKING GRATE: 145-square-inches of porcelain enameled grates give you a spacious cooking surface is able accommodate lots of food at one time while still distributing heat evenly and efficiently.
- 5,500 BTU BURNER: Features a 5,500 BTU burner, a twist to start electric ignition and precision temperature gauge to give you the ultimate temperature control.
- COMPACT ENOUGH TO TAKE ANYWHERE: The grill measures 18.5 x 16 x 11.5 inches and with stand. The grill weighs only 17 lbs., making it easy for transport and ideal for decks, patios and balconies, camping, tailgating and more.
- DURABLE FOLDING LEGS: The grill features folding legs that provide a stable and durable base for the grill while in use and can be easily folded away during transport. Grill legs do not extend.
- FAST AND EASY SETUP AND BREAKDOWN: Stand sets up and packs away in seconds, and features an integrated lid lock and pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle for easy and secure transport.
The Cuisinart CGG-180TS Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill is a compact, durable, and easy to transport tabletop gas grill made of stainless steel. With a 150-square-inch porcelain-enameled cooking surface, a 5,500 BTU burner, and an easy-to-use temperature gauge, this grill is perfect for grilling on decks, patios, balconies, camping trips, tailgating, and more.
The folding legs provide a stable base for the grill and can be easily packed away for transport. The grill's fast and easy setup and breakdown, integrated lid lock, and pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle make it easy to transport and set up.
- Compact and easy to transport.
- Durable stainless steel construction.
- Large cooking surface.
- Precise temperature control.
- Fast and easy setup and breakdown.
- Only has a 5,500 BTU burner.
- Grill legs do not extend.
- Limited cooking space.
Also Read: Best Pizzelle Makers
9. Flame King YSNHT500 RV Gas Grill
- Rv/Trailer Compatible - Flame King’S Bbq And Grill Station Comes With A Bracket To Mount Right Onto The Side Of Your Motorhome, Rv Or Trailer So You Can Have A Cookout Wherever You Are
- Complete Grilling Station - This Incredibly Convenient Motorhome Compatible Gas Grill W/ 12,000 Btu Includes An Adjustable Flame Controller, Upper Grill Deck, And 214 Square Inches Of Grilling Surface
- Mountable Or Free Standing – The Hanging Rack Can Also Be Used As Legs To Make The Grill Free-Standing, Making This Versatile Grilling Station Perfect For Tailgating And Camping
- Secure - Designed With Locking Retainer Pins To Secure On Mounted Bracket. Dual Locking Lid For Secure Storage.
The Flame King YSNHT500 RV or Trailer Mounted BBQ is a motorhome gas grill that is compatible with RVs, trailers and motorhomes. This grill has a black painted finish and comes with a bracket to mount it onto the side of the vehicle. It has a 214 square inch cooking surface and an adjustable flame controller.
The grill can also be used as a free-standing grill by using the hanging rack as legs, making it perfect for tailgating and camping. The grill is designed with locking retainer pins to secure it to the mounted bracket and has a dual locking lid for secure storage. It is compatible with Flame King hose model #100395-72 to connect to the RV system and model #LPRH8 to connect to any standard propane cylinder.
- RV/Trailer compatible
- Complete grilling station
- Mountable/free standing
- Secure with locking retainer pins
- Compatible with Flame King hoses.
- Small cooking surface
- Limited to propane gas
- May require additional hardware for mounting.
Also Read: Best Meat Slicers for Home Use
How To Choose The Best Gas Grill Under $300 | Ultimate Guide 2023
Beginners, when starting to use a grill, may always assume that the larger the grill, the more likely there will be multiple burners. But in reality, two burners are the standard burners for any size grill.
Therefore, ignore grills with only one burner, as preheating and cooking will be slow and you don't want to waste that much time. Also note that the more burners, the higher the fuel consumption, which makes it a bit more expensive.
Types of fuels
Natural gas and propane are two fuels used by gas grills. Most grills offer the option of using both, but the most common type are grills with 20-pound gas tanks that are refillable.
Quality of workmanship
Make sure the grill you choose has a solid construction. Before buying, check all its parts such as wheels, grill grates, carts, lids, handles, etc. for their strength and stability. Generally, it is better to choose stainless steel grills with welded joints than painted grills as they offer long-term performance and durability.
The size depends on your preference and choice. It is best to choose a medium sized grill that is affordable and can accommodate food for any gathering or outing.
Make sure you don't regret your decision to buy a small grill, as it may not be enough if you need to grill for a larger party.
Likewise, the large grill may do the job better for a smaller or larger group of people, but it is also expensive and may require more heating time and fuel consumption, but in the end, the choice is yours.
Features are one of the most important things you should consider before buying a grill. Even though additional features are not really necessary, they make for an enjoyable and easy time cooking with more versatility and convenience. It should also be noted that features and price go hand in hand, so more features can make the grill more expensive. If your budget is low, consider buying a grill that doesn't have extra features but is of good quality.
Relationship between budget and features
Price plays a big role, but generally speaking, the cheaper the gas grill, the fewer additional features it will have.
It can be difficult to find a good balance between the budget you are willing to spend and the capabilities of your new gas grill. Therefore, it is a good idea to consider these aspects before making your final purchase.
You can accept this price or find a good gas grill that uses this $40 for other features or specifications. Overall, it is a good idea to try to get a gas grill that is as close to your maximum budget as possible.
Such a grill will likely have the best value in terms of features or excellent design choices. After all, you get what you pay for.
Number of burners/grill size
The number of burners usually corresponds to the amount of food you can prepare at one time.
Generally, the more burners a gas grill has, the larger its cooking space.
Larger grills are usually more expensive. However, they allow you to cook more meat at once, while small grills are cheaper but force you to prepare food in batches.
Small grills usually have enough cooking space to cook 15 to 18 hamburgers at a time. Medium grills can usually cook 20 to 30 hamburgers at a time. Large gas grills can go even further and cook more than 30 burgers at a time.
To choose the model that's best for you, think about the occasions when you'll use your gas grill most often.
BTU level/heat flux
The BTU level of your grill will tell you how quickly your meat will cook once it is placed on the surface.
While it's good to have a high BTU level, keep in mind that a high BTU number doesn't necessarily translate to a faster cooking time.
How fast your meat cooks will depend on the power of your unit, your grilling surface, and the amount of space that needs to be heated at one time.
This delivery ratio of BTU per square inch is also known as "heat flux."
Portability can be important if you keep your gas grill in a shed or in your garage and need to take it to another location to cook.
Portable gas grills are, of course, a category all their own. They are usually specifically designed to provide adequate cooking performance with certain mobility features like better wheels or lighter weight.
If you plan to take your gas grill camping fairly often, it probably makes sense to investigate portable gas grills instead of large, traditional grills.
Larger gas grills will not be very easy to transport. This is despite the fact that most grills come with at least a pair of medium-sized wheels to make it easier to cover short distances on a patio or in a yard.
Also Read: Best Electric Tea Kettle for Hard Water
Material of the grill grate
The material of the grill grate is also important. Some of the best models use stainless steel for their grill grates, which has several important advantages.
For one, stainless steel is hypoallergenic, making it ideal for all people, regardless of individual allergies.
Secondly, stainless steel is known to resist corrosion and rust damage over time, making it last longer than other metals.
Shelves and storage space
Your ideal gas grill should also offer good storage space and shelving options.
Many models feature shelves under the main cooking hood. This allows you to store sauces, tools, trays, and other accessories that you might use during your cooking session.
Warranty is the most important factor in a grill. When we are about to buy something, we intend to use it for a long time. But if something is not right, it is good to have a manufacturer's warranty that allows you to replace any parts you may need. Therefore, pay attention to the warranty offered by the company. Weber offers a ten-year warranty that seems reliable and satisfactory, so your money will be spent in the right place.
Best Gas Grill Under $300 | Video Explanation
Frequently Asked Questions
Who makes the best gas grill for the money?
There are many gas grill manufacturers on the market, but Weber, Traeger, Blackstone, Napoleon, and Bull are the best. They make world-class grills for the money.
How long will my gas grill last?
As you should have read in the buying guide above, the lifespan of any grill depends on its construction material. Heavy-duty stainless steel is better than plastic for strength, intensity and stability. Yes, you will have to pay a little care and maintenance.
Is a gas grill superior to a charcoal grill?
It depends entirely on each other's tastes and preferences. Charcoal grills have an old-fashioned smoke smell, but gas grills are more convenient.
How do I light a gas grill?
They come with an automatic ignition system, so forget about flash tubes, matchsticks, etc. However, some inexpensive gas grills them.
How long does a gas grill last?
Gas grills are generally long-lasting kitchen appliances, but this also depends on care. If cleaned before and after cooking, a grill will last at least 10 years. It is important to replace worn parts of the grill as soon as possible. The best quality grills can last up to 15 years.
Weber grills are a reliable option and their construction is sturdy. To learn all about Weber grilles, read our blog.
What are good grill materials?
Gas grills are best made of cast iron, cast aluminum, or enameled steel. Cast iron grills will rust if not properly painted, and aluminum and steel will discolor over time. So you always want to take good care of your grill.
How much should a new gas grill cost?
Propane gas grills can cost anywhere from $200 to over $1,000. A cheap grill is not necessarily a poor quality grill if you buy from a good manufacturer.
Good gas grills retain heat well, are easy to use, and are made of high-quality materials. While it is nice to have the bells and whistles of an expensive grill, it is not always necessary.
The list has been made simple to guide you, get a good idea and help you make any of your preference or choice from these 9 best gas grills under $300 at an affordable price. With the variety of products selected and given here, there is guaranteed to be a product that will be perfectly the one you need for your budget and specifications.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply