Gone are the days of sweating over the flame and struggling to maintain the temperature every 15 minutes, rain, hail or shine. When the pellet smoker was introduced, barbecue enthusiasts thought it was a flash in the pan. But now that companies have all launched these wood-fired smokers, pellet grills are finally gaining recognition.
As for us, we couldn’t be happier. If you’ve mastered barbecuing on an offset smoker, you’re likely to be recognized by those who prefer traditional barbecue. But there’s a reason why pellet smokers are also gaining popularity in barbecue competitions.
Choosing a pellet smoker is not an easy task. There are a lot of things to consider, from budget, to space, to what features you need, to which ones are “nice to have”. So in this guide, we review the best models and make sure you get what you need.
Best High-End Pellet Smoker
What is a pellet smoker (grill)?
Pellet smokers are grill smokers fueled by small compressed wood pellets. Typically, pellet smokers operate between 150 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit and are therefore best used for barbecuing and low-speed grilling that does not require a quick sear (for example, they effectively grill chickens but not steaks). Pellet smokers run on electricity and can be installed near many electrical outlets (or generators, if they are off the grid).
They are known as both pellet grills and pellet smokers, the only exception being that, in most cases, the words are interchangeable and other with pellet cabinet smokers.
How does a pellet smoker work?
Place the pellets in the pellet grill hopper (most brands claim you must use their brand-specific pellets, but that’s usually not true), calibrate the on-board computer to the desired temperature and walk away for 15 minutes. The grill computer turns on a brazier in the center of the grill and begins turning an auger that feeds it pellets to generate heat and smoke. This process is usually controlled by an internal fan and temperature controller. The firebox is usually not in direct contact with the grill grate, but is separated by an angled steel plate that catches the dripping oil and sends it from the firebox to a saucer. This means that most pellet grills are cooked by indirect heating, with lower temperatures than gas or charcoal fires.
Best High-End Pellet Smoker | Comparison Table 2023
|Top||Camp Chef 24 in. WIFI Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker, WIFI & Bluetooth Connectivity, PID controller, Stainless Steel, Total Cooking Surface 811 sq in||Camp Chef||Check Price|
|Oklahoma Joe's 22202149 Rider 900 DLX Pellet Grill/BBQ Smoker, red||Oklahoma Joe's||Check Price|
|Traeger Grills Ironwood 885 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker with WIFI Smart Home Technology, Black||Traeger Pellet Grills||Check Price|
|Z GRILLS Wood Pellet Grill Smoker with PID Controller, 700 Cooking Area, Meat Probes, Rain Cover for Outdoor BBQ, 7002C||Z GRILLS||Check Price|
|Cookshack PG500 Fast Eddy's Pellet Grill||Cookshack||Check Price|
|Green Mountain Grills Ledge Prime Plus WiFi Pellet Grill||Pellethead||Check Price|
|Weber SmokeFire EPX6 Wood Fired Pellet Grill, Stealth Edition||Weber||Check Price|
|Broil King 496051 Regal 500 Pellet Grill, Black||Broil King||Check Price|
|PIT BOSS PB440D2 Wood Pellet Grill, 440 SERIES, Black||PIT BOSS||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best High-End Pellet Smoker | Reviews 2023
1. Camp Chef WIFI Woodwind
- ALL NEW WIFI & Bluetooth PID controller automatically maintains cooking temperature with 4 meat probe ports and meat probes.
- 160 F to 500 F temperature range from slow smoking to grilling (25,000 BTU).
- Dial in your smoke level with our Smoke Control with settings 1 - 10.
- Slide and Grill technology that allows for direct flame cooking with temps up to 650 F.
- Patented Ash Kickin Cleanout system that allows you to dump the ash after every cook.
- Pellet Grill & Smoker, WIFI & Bluetooth Connectivity, PID controller, Stainless Steel, Total Cooking Surface 811 sq in
The Camp Chef 24 in. WIFI Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker is a top-of-the-line cooking machine designed for backyard chefs who want the best of both worlds when it comes to smoking and grilling. With an impressive 811 sq in total cooking surface, this grill can accommodate large amounts of food at once, making it perfect for hosting family and friends. Whether you are smoking brisket, ribs, or grilling burgers and steaks, this grill has everything you need to make the perfect meal.
One of the most impressive features of this grill is the WIFI and Bluetooth connectivity. With the new PID controller, you can automatically maintain the cooking temperature with four meat probe ports and meat probes. This feature ensures that your food is cooked to perfection every time. You can even monitor your cooking progress from your phone or tablet using the Camp Chef Connect app.
The temperature range of this grill is from 160 F to 500 F, which is perfect for slow smoking or high-temperature grilling. The 25,000 BTU output ensures that the grill heats up quickly and maintains a consistent temperature throughout the cooking process. You can dial in your smoke level with Smoke Control, which has settings from 1 to 10, allowing you to customize the amount of smoke you want to infuse into your food.
The Slide and Grill technology is another impressive feature of this grill. It allows for direct flame cooking with temps up to 650 F, giving you the versatility to cook everything from juicy steaks to crispy pizzas. The Patented Ash Kickin Cleanout system makes cleaning up after cooking a breeze. It allows you to dump the ash after every cook, which saves you time and makes the grill ready for the next cook.
Overall, the Camp Chef 24 in. WIFI Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker is a top-quality cooking machine designed for backyard chefs who want to take their cooking to the next level. With its advanced technology, impressive temperature range, and versatile cooking options, this grill is perfect for hosting parties, family events, or just cooking up a delicious meal for your loved ones.
- WIFI and Bluetooth connectivity for easy temperature monitoring.
- Large total cooking surface of 811 sq in.
- Smoke Control with settings 1-10 for customized smoke levels.
- Slide and Grill technology allows for direct flame cooking.
- Patented Ash Kickin Cleanout system for easy cleaning.
- The price may be high for some customers.
- Requires pellets as fuel, which may be less convenient than traditional charcoal or gas.
- May take some time to get used to the advanced features and technology.
2. Oklahoma Joe's 22202149 Rider
- 900+ total square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated cast-iron grates with the Flex Grate System
- Pit Control 2.0 system delivers category-first dual-sensor temp control, providing incredible accuracy for each cooking mode - “Fire Focus” dual-sensor feedback that optimizes temp control based on selected cooking style – low-and-slow smoking or high-heat grilling
- Wide temp range: From 200°F to 650°F on Sear Mode- offering easy-access direct heat at red-hot-temps
- PowerFeed System boasts a high-torque auger motor that powers through pellets for incredible reliability and performance
- Quickdraw Hopper with 20lb. capacity allows unused pellets to be drained in seconds for simple storage, removal and swapping of pellet flavor
- 900 DLX Pellet Grill/BBQ Smoker, red
The Oklahoma Joe's 22202149 Rider 900 DLX Pellet Grill/BBQ Smoker is a top-of-the-line cooking appliance designed to provide maximum versatility and convenience for grill and BBQ enthusiasts. With a total cooking space of 900+ square inches spread over porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, this grill can accommodate a wide range of cooking styles and food items.
One of the most impressive features of this grill is the Pit Control 2.0 system, which delivers dual-sensor temperature control that provides exceptional accuracy for each cooking mode. This system includes the "Fire Focus" dual-sensor feedback, which optimizes temperature control based on the selected cooking style. Whether you prefer low-and-slow smoking or high-heat grilling, this grill can handle it all with ease.
The Oklahoma Joe's 22202149 Rider 900 DLX Pellet Grill/BBQ Smoker also boasts a wide temperature range from 200°F to 650°F on Sear Mode, providing easy-access direct heat at red-hot temperatures. This range of temperature settings allows for the cooking of a wide range of food items, from slow-smoked brisket to quick-seared steaks.
Another impressive feature of this grill is the PowerFeed System, which includes a high-torque auger motor that powers through pellets for exceptional reliability and performance. This system ensures that the grill maintains a consistent temperature throughout the cooking process, resulting in perfectly cooked food every time.
In addition, the Quickdraw Hopper with a 20lb. the capacity allows for unused pellets to be drained in seconds, making storage, removal, and swapping of pellet flavors quick and easy. This feature is especially useful for those who like to experiment with different pellet flavors to add unique flavors to their dishes.
Overall, the Oklahoma Joe's 22202149 Rider 900 DLX Pellet Grill/BBQ Smoker is a premium grill that provides exceptional performance, reliability, and versatility. Its impressive features make it a top choice for grill and BBQ enthusiasts who demand the very best in cooking appliances.
- Large cooking space of 900+ square inches
- Pit Control 2.0 system provides dual-sensor temperature control for accuracy
- Wide temperature range of 200°F to 650°F for versatile cooking
- PowerFeed System ensures consistent temperature throughout the cooking process
- Quickdraw Hopper with 20lb. capacity for easy pellet storage and swapping
- Relatively expensive compared to other grills
- May take time to learn and master all the features
- Requires electricity to operate, limiting portability
3. Traeger Grills Ironwood Pellet
- NEVER USE GAS OR CHARCOAL AGAIN: Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste; The Ironwood 885 takes it to the next level with precise temperature control. 500 °F Max Temp
- CONNECTED HOME TECHNOLOGY: WiFIRE technology connects your grill to home WiFi and the Traeger app allows the user to control the grill from anywhere.
- VERSATILE BARBECUE COOKING: The Ironwood 885 pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ all on the same grill; The Porcelain grill grates makes clean up a breeze
- THE MARKET LEADER IN PELLET GRILLS: The Traeger Ironwood is the best-selling pellet grill; The upgraded the Ironwood with D2 drivetrain starts quicker, heats up faster, and puts out better quality smoke
- BUILT FOR FAMILY COOKING: 885 sq in of grilling space that can accommodate ten chickens, or seven rib racks, or nine pork butts effortlessly; The built-in meat probe allows you to cook to perfection
- Grill and Smoker with WIFI Smart Home Technology, Black
The Traeger Grills Ironwood 885 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker with WIFI Smart Home Technology is an innovative and versatile outdoor cooking appliance designed to provide wood-fired taste and precise temperature control for a variety of cooking needs. This grill is a perfect option for those who love to cook outdoors and want to achieve authentic wood-fired flavors without using gas or charcoal.
The Traeger Ironwood 885 features WiFIRE technology that connects the grill to your home Wi-Fi network and allows you to control the grill from anywhere using the Traeger app. This feature is ideal for busy cooks who want to monitor their food while they're away from the grill or need to adjust the temperature remotely.
The Ironwood 885 is a 6-in-1 grill that can grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ all on the same grill. The grill's porcelain grates make clean-up a breeze, and the built-in meat probe allows you to cook to perfection by monitoring the internal temperature of your food. The grill also offers precise temperature control, with a maximum temperature of 500°F, which makes it perfect for slow smoking or searing.
The Traeger Ironwood 885 is the best-selling pellet grill on the market, and for good reason. The upgraded D2 drivetrain starts quicker, heats up faster, and produces better-quality smoke than previous models. The grill also features an 885 square inch grilling space, which can accommodate ten chickens, seven rib racks, or nine pork butts with ease.
In summary, the Traeger Grills Ironwood 885 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker with WIFI Smart Home Technology is an excellent outdoor cooking appliance that combines wood-fired flavor with the latest technology. It is perfect for those who want to achieve the perfect smoke and temperature control in their cooking, and its versatile design allows you to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ all on the same grill.
- Offers a wood-fired taste without using gas or charcoal.
- WiFIRE technology allows you to control the grill remotely.
- 6-in-1 versatility for grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, braising, and BBQ.
- D2 drivetrain produces better quality smoke and heats up faster.
- Large grilling space can accommodate a variety of foods.
- May be expensive compared to other grills.
- Requires electricity to operate.
- Pellets may be more expensive than other fuel sources.
4. Z GRILLS Wood Pellet Grill
- PID CONTROLLER - Automated electric feed system maintains temperature from 180°F to 450°F, the cutting-edge PID Controller keeps temps within plus/- 20°F throughout your cook
- HUGE CAPACITY - 700 sq in grilling space is great for Home, party, and tailgating; 24 lbs large-capacity pellet hopper offers a longer cooking time
- BUILT TO LAST - Sturdy steel construction with a high-temperature powder coating finish makes the pellet grill long-lasting
- VIEWABLE WINDOW - Conveniently monitor pellet supply without having to lift the lid with the view window; You’ll be smoking for hours without needing to refill
- HOPPER CLEANOUT - It makes emptying the hopper and swapping pellet flavors a breeze, Get ready to infuse your food with rich smoky flavor
- EASIER SMOKE - The large LCD screen with 2 included meat probes, Just set it and let it work, No babysitting the grill.
- SUPERIOR MOBILITY - 2 rugged wheels easily conquer any backyard terrain, while the 2 casters with locks promote smooth rolling and secure your grill in place
- Smoker with PID Controller, 700 Cooking Area, Meat Probes, Rain Cover for Outdoor BBQ, 7002C
The Z GRILLS Wood Pellet Grill Smoker with PID Controller is a versatile and reliable outdoor cooking appliance that is perfect for all your BBQ needs. With its cutting-edge PID Controller, this grill maintains a consistent temperature range from 180°F to 450°F throughout your cook, so you can achieve the perfect sear or slow cook without any fuss.
This grill boasts a huge capacity with 700 sq of grilling space, making it great for cooking for large groups of people at home, parties, and tailgating events. The 24 lbs large-capacity pellet hopper offers a longer cooking time so you can focus on enjoying your time with friends and family instead of constantly refilling your hopper.
Built to last, this pellet grill features sturdy steel construction with a high-temperature powder coating finish, making it long-lasting and able to withstand the elements. The viewable window allows you to conveniently monitor the pellet supply without having to lift the lid, so you'll be smoking for hours without needing to refill.
Cleaning out the hopper and swapping pellet flavors has never been easier thanks to the hopper cleanout feature. Get ready to infuse your food with rich smoky flavor without the hassle.
The large LCD screen with 2 included meat probes makes it easy to monitor your cooking progress, just set it and let it work. No need to babysit the grill, this smoker has got you covered.
The Z GRILLS Wood Pellet Grill Smoker is also easy to move around with its superior mobility, featuring 2 rugged wheels that can easily conquer any backyard terrain, while the 2 casters with locks promote smooth rolling and secure your grill in place. Plus, a rain cover is included to protect your grill from the elements.
In summary, the Z GRILLS Wood Pellet Grill Smoker with PID Controller is a top-of-the-line outdoor cooking appliance that is perfect for all your BBQ needs. With its large capacity, superior mobility, and innovative features, this grill is a must-have for any serious outdoor cook.
- PID Controller maintains a consistent temperature.
- Large cooking area of 700 sq in.
- Hopper capacity of 24 lbs for longer cooking time.
- Convenient view window to monitor pellet supply.
- Easy to move around with 2 wheels and 2 casters.
- May not be suitable for small spaces.
- Requires electricity to operate.
- May be expensive compared to other grills.
5. Cookshack Fast Eddy's Pellet
- 100% Stainless Steel, featuring a riveted assembly on the body. The direct zone features stainless steel grates for durability!
- 784 square inches: 10 x 18 direct cooking; 18x18 indirect; 10x28 top rack; warming drawer 19 x 13 x 4
- Direct: 3/8 304T Stainless Steel rod grate; Indirect: Nickel Plated Grills
- Electronically controlled temperatures eliminates large heat fluctuations that dry and shrink meat. Fully automated controller
- 5 amps @ 120 VAC; 36,000 BTU burner; electronically controlled thermostat; auto-start; draft fan
The Cookshack PG500 Fast Eddy's Pellet Grill is a premium quality grill made entirely from 100% stainless steel. The body of the grill features a riveted assembly that ensures sturdiness and longevity. The grill offers a total cooking area of 784 square inches, with different sections dedicated to direct and indirect cooking, a top rack, and a warming drawer.
The direct zone of the grill features stainless steel grates made from a 3/8 304T stainless steel rod. This material ensures durability and strength, even at high temperatures. On the other hand, the indirect section has nickel-plated grills that provide excellent heat distribution and retention. The top rack offers extra space for cooking or warming food, and the warming drawer below is perfect for keeping cooked food hot until it's ready to serve.
The grill features an electronically controlled temperature system that eliminates large heat fluctuations that can dry and shrink meat. The fully automated controller allows you to set your desired temperature, and the grill will automatically adjust to maintain a consistent cooking temperature. This ensures that your food is cooked evenly and to perfection every time.
The Cookshack PG500 Fast Eddy's Pellet Grill is designed with convenience and ease of use in mind. It has a 36,000 BTU burner that is electronically controlled, and an auto-start function that makes it easy to get the grill going quickly. The draft fan helps to ensure even heat distribution, while the 5 amps @ 120 VAC power requirement means it's energy-efficient and won't cost a fortune to operate.
Overall, the Cookshack PG500 Fast Eddy's Pellet Grill is a top-of-the-line grill that is built to last. Its high-quality stainless steel construction, advanced temperature control system, and convenient features make it a great choice for anyone who loves to grill and wants the best possible results every time.
- Made entirely from 100% stainless steel.
- Features electronically controlled temperature for consistent cooking.
- The automated controller allows for easy temperature adjustments.
- The direct zone features durable stainless steel grates.
- The warming drawer is perfect for keeping cooked food hot until serving.
- Higher price point than some other grills.
- Not ideal for those who prefer charcoal grilling.
- Limited cooking space for larger gatherings.
6. Green Mountain Grills Ledge
- 12V DIRECT POWER: The new standard in outdoor bbq provides for more safe and efficient power consumption, faster start ups, and greater pellet fuel economy.
- DIGITAL CONTROLLER: Designed for precise temperature management with a 150°-550°F range with 5° increment control. Includes WiFi Smart Control, dual meat probes and a USB charging port.
- AUGER SYSTEM: Includes a micro-adjusted variable speed fan and motor with increased RPM’s to maintain a precise efficient feed of oxygen and pellets through the auger into the firebox.
- PELLET HOPPER: Optimal 18 lb pellet capacity with pellet view window to keep an eye on your pellet usage. Comes standard with a pellet door on back for easy pellet clean out and a convenient bottle opener on the front.
- WIFI CONTROL: Control and monitor grill and internal food temps to-the-degree and on-the-go from the GMG App with access to a huge selection of recipes and grilling profiles.
- Prime Plus WiFi Pellet Grill
The Green Mountain Grills Ledge Prime Plus WiFi Pellet Grill is a high-end outdoor cooking appliance designed to provide a superior grilling experience for BBQ enthusiasts. This grill is packed with innovative features and advanced technology that make it stand out from the competition.
One of the standout features of this grill is its 12V direct power system, which provides for more safe and more efficient power consumption. This means faster start-ups and greater pellet fuel economy, allowing you to cook your meals with more precision and accuracy. The grill also features a digital controller that is designed for precise temperature management, with a 150°-550°F range and 5° increment control. This allows you to cook your food to perfection, regardless of the temperature or weather conditions outside.
Another impressive feature of the Green Mountain Grills Ledge Prime Plus WiFi Pellet Grill is its auger system. This system includes a micro-adjusted variable speed fan and motor with increased RPMs, which helps to maintain a precise and efficient feed of oxygen and pellets through the auger into the firebox. This ensures that your food is cooked evenly and consistently every time.
The pellet hopper is another noteworthy feature of this grill, with an optimal 18 lb pellet capacity and a pellet view window that allows you to keep an eye on your pellet usage. The grill also comes standard with a pellet door on the back for easy pellet cleanout and a convenient bottle opener on the front.
Finally, the Green Mountain Grills Ledge Prime Plus WiFi Pellet Grill features WiFi control that allows you to control and monitor the grill and internal food temps to the degree and on the go from the GMG App. This gives you access to a huge selection of recipes and grilling profiles, so you can cook your favorite meals with ease.
In conclusion, the Green Mountain Grills Ledge Prime Plus WiFi Pellet Grill is a high-quality, innovative, and user-friendly outdoor cooking appliance that is perfect for BBQ enthusiasts who are looking for a superior grilling experience. With its advanced technology, precise temperature management, and convenient features, this grill is sure to exceed your expectations and help you cook delicious meals for years to come.
- 12V direct power system for efficient power consumption
- Digital controller for precise temperature management
- Auger system for even and consistent cooking
- Pellet hopper with pellet view window for easy monitoring
- WiFi control for convenient on-the-go monitoring and access to recipes
- Higher price point compared to some other grills on the market
- Limited cooking space compared to larger models
- Requires electricity to operate, and may not be suitable for all outdoor cooking scenarios.
7. Weber SmokeFire EPX6 Wood
- SmokeFire is the best pellet grill for searing, smoking, and everything in between with a competitive 200-600°F temperature range.
- Weber Crafted Outdoor Kitchen Collection frame included; sear, roast, bake, steam, and even stir-fry food never thought possible in a grill by simply replacing the grate with a variety of custom-fit grillware (sold separately) to choose from.
- Weber Connect smart technology is your secret ingredient to perfectly grilled food - receive real-time food temperature alerts, reminders, and flip & serve notifications at the grill or on your phone.
- Built-in night time grill lighting illuminates the entire cooking grate for those late night smokes.
- Top cooking grate creates a large, second level of grilling capacity.
- If you’re craving even more of that unmistakable, wood fired taste, then add a boost of smoke to the recipe with Smoke Boost.
- Flavorizer bars were designed for direct, more consistent heat, unlike traditional pellet grills that use a large diffuser plate that blocks the flame.
- SmokeFire’s exclusive cleaning system directs ash and grease down into a removable drawer.
- Specially-engineered auger and slanted hopper help prevent pellet jams, which are frequently experienced with pellet grills.
- Fired Pellet Grill, Stealth Edition
The Weber SmokeFire EPX6 Wood-Fired Pellet Grill, Stealth Edition is the perfect combination of innovation and functionality, offering a competitive temperature range of 200-600°F for searing, smoking, and everything in between. This grill is designed to help you craft delicious, restaurant-quality meals right in your own backyard.
This grill comes equipped with Weber's Crafted Outdoor Kitchen Collection frame, making it easy to sear, roast, bake, steam, and even stir-fry food never thought possible in a grill. By simply replacing the grate with a variety of custom-fit grillware (sold separately), you can choose from a variety of cooking methods to suit your preferences.
The Weber Connect smart technology is a major highlight of this grill, allowing you to receive real-time food temperature alerts, reminders, and flip and serve notifications at the grill or on your phone. This innovative technology takes the guesswork out of grilling, ensuring that your food is cooked to perfection every time.
The built-in nighttime grill lighting is another great feature of this grill, illuminating the entire cooking grate for those late-night smokes. This makes it easy to keep an eye on your food and ensure that it is cooking evenly.
In addition to the main cooking grate, this grill also features a top cooking grate that creates a large, second level of grilling capacity. This is perfect for cooking multiple items at once, or for keeping food warm while other items finish cooking.
If you're looking for even more of that unmistakable, wood-fired taste, then the Smoke Boost feature is perfect for you. This feature allows you to add a boost of smoke to your recipe, enhancing the flavor and aroma of your food.
The Flavorizer bars were specifically designed for direct, more consistent heat, unlike traditional pellet grills that use a large diffuser plate that blocks the flame. This ensures that your food cooks evenly and is infused with the perfect amount of flavor.
Cleaning up after a meal is a breeze with SmokeFire's exclusive cleaning system, which directs ash and grease down into a removable drawer. This makes it easy to keep your grill clean and ready for your next meal.
Finally, the specially-engineered auger and slanted hopper help prevent pellet jams, which are frequently experienced with pellet grills. This ensures that your grill operates smoothly and reliably, so you can focus on creating delicious meals for your family and friends.
- Competitive temperature range of 200-600°F
- Weber Connect smart technology for real-time alerts and notifications
- Built-in nighttime grill lighting
- Top cooking grate for additional grilling capacity
- Smoke Boost feature for enhanced wood-fired taste
- Requires additional custom-fit grillware for certain cooking methods
- May be more expensive than other pellet grills on the market
- Some users may prefer a traditional charcoal or gas grill over a wood-fired pellet grill.
8. Broil King Regal Pellet Grill
- Designed for Total Performance - the Regal Pellet 500 is designed to be the ultimate grilling machine, from low-and-slow smoking to searing the perfect steak at high temperatures and everything in between, this grill can do it all
- Ultimate Control at Your Fingertips - digital control and display lets you easily set your cooking temperature - smoke at 225°F, roast at 350°F, or sear steaks at 600°F; temperature control knob allows you to precisely adjust temperature to the degree
- Loaded with Extra Features - the grill is Wifi and Bluetooth enabled allowing you to control the pellet grill from your smartphone; the controller also features integrated timer, 2 temperature probes, and 3 quick-set temperature keys - Smoke, Roast, Grill
- Easy to Run, Easy to Clean - the large pellet hopper holds up to 22 lbs. of wood pellets and features an easy pellet clear-out chute to easily empty the pellets; hidden grease tray and ash collector keep the grill tidy and are easily removed for cleaning
- Built to Last - with a 5-year on the grill body and a 2-year on the remaining parts and paint, you can be confident that your pellet grill will be ready for years of cookouts and delicious, savory, smoky BBQ meals with your whole family
The Broil King 496051 Regal 500 Pellet Grill is a versatile and high-performance grill designed to take your outdoor cooking to the next level. Whether you're looking to smoke meat low-and-slow or sear steaks at high temperatures, this grill has everything you need to achieve perfect results every time.
The Regal Pellet 500 features a digital control and display system that allows you to easily set your desired cooking temperature. With the ability to smoke at 225°F, roast at 350°F, or sear steaks at 600°F, this grill gives you ultimate control over your cooking. The temperature control knob allows you to precisely adjust the temperature to the degree, ensuring that your food is cooked to perfection every time.
The grill is also loaded with extra features that make it easy to use and customize your cooking experience. With Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity, you can control the pellet grill from your smartphone, making it easy to adjust settings and monitor your cooking from anywhere. The controller also features an integrated timer, two temperature probes, and three quick-set temperature keys for Smoke, Roast, and Grill modes, making it easy to get started with your favorite cooking methods.
In addition to its advanced features, the Regal Pellet 500 is also easy to run and easy to clean. The large pellet hopper holds up to 22 lbs. of wood pellets and features an easy pellet clear-out chute that allows you to quickly and easily empty the pellets. The hidden grease tray and ash collector keep the grill tidy and are easily removed for cleaning, so you can keep your grill looking and functioning like new for years to come.
Finally, the Regal Pellet 500 is built to last, with a 5-year warranty on the grill body and a 2-year warranty on the remaining parts and paint. With its advanced features, easy operation, and durable construction, this grill is sure to become a beloved part of your outdoor cooking setup, helping you create delicious, savory, and smoky BBQ meals for your whole family.
- Versatile and high-performance grill
- Ultimate control over cooking temperature
- Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity for easy control
- Easy to run and clean
- Durable construction with a long warranty
- Expensive compared to other pellet grills
- Heavy and bulky, may be difficult to move around
- May require frequent pellet refills during long cooking sessions
9. PIT BOSS Wood Pellet Grill
- Pit Boss 440 Deluxe Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
- Premium Gauge Stainless Steel Construction
- Removable Side Shelf/Serving Tray
- Two large Wheels
- Digital Control Board w/ LED Readout
- Fan Forced Convection Cooking
- Direct and Indirect Heat
- Porcelain Coated Cooking Grates
- Hopper capacity: 5 LBS
- Cooking surface: 465 square inches
The Pit Boss PB440D2 Wood Pellet Grill, 440 Series, Black is a high-quality outdoor cooking appliance that provides versatile cooking options and precise temperature control. It is designed for grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, and braising, making it an ideal choice for backyard chefs who love to cook outdoors.
Constructed from premium gauge stainless steel, the Pit Boss 440 Deluxe Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker is built to last. The heavy-duty construction ensures that it can withstand the elements and retain its sleek appearance for years to come. The grill features a removable side shelf/serving tray, providing ample space for food preparation and serving.
The grill comes equipped with two large wheels, making it easy to move around your outdoor cooking area. This feature ensures that you can place the grill in the perfect location to suit your cooking needs.
The digital control board with LED readout makes it easy to set the desired temperature, ensuring that your food is cooked to perfection every time. The fan-forced convection cooking system ensures even heat distribution throughout the cooking chamber, providing consistent results for all your dishes.
The Pit Boss PB440D2 Wood Pellet Grill offers both direct and indirect heat cooking options, giving you the flexibility to cook a wide range of dishes. The porcelain-coated cooking grates are durable and easy to clean, making maintenance a breeze.
With a hopper capacity of 5 lbs and a cooking surface of 465 square inches, the Pit Boss PB440D2 Wood Pellet Grill is perfect for cooking for small to medium-sized gatherings. The hopper allows for a long cook time without having to refill the pellets, making it convenient for longer cooking sessions.
In summary, the Pit Boss PB440D2 Wood Pellet Grill is a versatile, high-quality outdoor cooking appliance that offers precise temperature control, consistent cooking results, and easy maintenance. With its durable construction and ample cooking space, it is an excellent choice for any outdoor cooking enthusiast.
- Versatile cooking options for grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, and braising.
- Precise temperature control with a digital control board and LED readout.
- Fan-forced convection cooking for even heat distribution.
- Durable construction with premium gauge stainless steel and porcelain-coated cooking grates.
- Ample cooking space with 465 square inches of cooking surface.
- A limited hopper capacity of 5 lbs may require frequent pellet refills during longer cooking sessions.
- The grill may be heavy and difficult to move for some users.
- The grill may be more expensive compared to other outdoor cooking appliances.
How To Pick The Best High-End Pellet Smoker | Ultimate Guide 2023
Size and cooking capacity
Pellet smokers come in a variety of sizes, from small portable models suitable for gatherings to behemoths with huge cooking surfaces of 1,000 square inches or more, with prices to match.
If you're only cooking for two to six people, there's no point in buying a model that can cook four full-size breasts. So know what size you need before you buy.
Pellet feeding systems
The auger and tube must be large enough to not clog. The end of the auger tube and the firebox must be far enough apart that there is no possibility of the fire backing up into the hopper.
Can the hopper get wet from rain?
The larger the hopper, the less it needs to be monitored.
Hopper cleaning outlet. Is there an opening for cleaning? Or does it have to be bailed out manually?
The combustion system consists of two parts: the firebox and the igniter.
The brazier is simply a thick steel box with holes for ventilation. The ignition rod is like a car lighter. The tip lights up red when first started and the igniter goes out when the controller detects the heat of the grill.
Look for stainless steel or heavy metal fire bags. Ask about the difficulty and availability of replacement igniters, as they wear out over time.
Grill Material and General Construction
In general, the more stainless steel used, the less likely it is to corrode, but the higher the cost. Most manufacturers build using steel baked on a coating such as paint or powder enamel.
Internal components such as grill plates and fire pots last longer in stainless steel. Porcelain-coated cast iron griddles are the next best choice.
Digital controls and Wi-Fi capability
Most modern pellet smokers have programmable digital heat controls; some are Wi-Fi enabled and can be programmed via a smartphone.
PID (proportional-integral-derivative) controllers are a new technology that calculates the variables of the broiler and can maintain the temperature within 5 degrees of the set temperature. These controllers allow the cooker to smoke the meat on autopilot as close as possible.
Other older types of controllers, such as three-position or multi-position controllers that have three temperature settings or increase the temperature in 5- or 10-degree increments, often suffer from a 15-degree Fahrenheit variation.
For best results, look for controllers with at least one meat probe to monitor the internal temperature of the meat, in addition to the smoker temperature probe. Some other pellet grills have up to three meat probes.
Ease of use
Do you prefer a simple, analog dial system with an on/off switch and three to ten temperature settings? Or do you prefer an "all bell" performance controller model with Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth compatibility and smartphone control?
All pellet grills are easy to use. But make sure you know which one you choose.
All pellet smokers can smoke, but can they also sear at high temperatures? Do you want a flat top grill? What temperature range do you want to use?
Answering these questions before you buy will help you avoid adding features you don't need.
Most of us hate to clean. So it's important to find features that make the job easier. The following features are available
- Removable fire bag or access door for cleaning
- Easy access to grease and ash cleaning systems
- Easy-to-clean pellet hopper or easy access door.
Some inexpensive or older pellet cookers require opening the lid to remove the pellets from the top and empty them. Even worse, you have to take the inside apart to clean the firebox.
Pellet Hopper Capacity
In general, a good pellet grill runs on 1/2 to 1 lb of pellets per hour of smoking. A large brisket can be slow smoked for 18 hours.
When filling a pellet smoker with pellets, a pellet hopper with a capacity of 18 lbs. or more can complete the cooking in one filling.
Pellet consumption and operating costs
High quality pellet grills made from thicker materials offer better insulation, better sealing and retain more heat than cheaper models made from thinner materials. This affects operating costs, and you can save more money by buying a better grill.
Pellet consumption should also be considered. Spending more money on a grill that uses fewer pellets will save you a little money when it comes to pellet grills.
Warranties range from one to ten years, depending on the manufacturer. Warranties are not commercial, but they do give you an idea of what the manufacturer thinks of their product and if they are happy with it.
Pellet smokers have more mechanical and electronic components than other types of upright smokers, so we believe a robust warranty is essential.
This is because pellet smokers have more mechanical and electronic components and are more prone to failure.
Pellet grills require 110V/120V AC power, so consider how far the grill is from the nearest electrical outlet. Unless you have an electrician on site, it is recommended that you purchase a heavy-duty outdoor extension cord of at least 12 gauge.
As soon as you mix steel, electronics and time, you can have problems. Motors, igniters and electronics can and do wear out. Consider the age of the business and ask about the availability of future replacement parts. Some parts are common, others are custom made. Can I get replacement parts later?
Your cooking style
Before you decide on a pellet smoker, think about how often you cook on the pellet grill. Are you going to open a restaurant serving smoked foods or are you going to occasionally smoke a brisket for you and your wife?
A pellet grill is a smoker first and a grill second. Typically, the burn pots are small and don't grill large quantities of steaks or burgers as well as your standard charcoal grill. In this case, one or two burgers will most likely suffice for them.
Prices vary considerably with pellet grills. Some will cost you hundreds of dollars, others thousands. A word of caution: don't confuse cheap with inexpensive.
A cheap stove may save you money up front, but you'll spend more in the long run if it starts to rust, if parts break after a few years, if it doesn't have a good warranty or if it doesn't have good customer service.
On the other hand, if you went to the trouble of buying a product but don't know how to use it, you will have wasted your hard-earned money.
Be sure to check all of the above points before you pay. Then, find out what is available in your area and ask lots of questions. Now all you have to do is enjoy your new cooking utensil.
When buying a pellet smoker, it's important to know what you're looking for, as prices can vary widely. When buying a pellet smoker, it is important to know what you are looking for, as there is a big difference in the price range.
Advantages and disadvantages of buying a pellet smoker
The reason to choose a pellet smoker is its convenience and versatility. As with electric smokers, you get.
Just put the pellets in the pellet hopper - set the temperature and you don't have to do anything else.
Easy temperature control - most pellet smokers allow you to set the temperature to within 5°C, making this device ideal for maintaining a consistent temperature.
There are also benefits unique to pellet smokers.
Ultra fuel efficiency - pellet smokers look like your home oven and have a super efficient convection fan. This means you spend much less on pellets than on charcoal.
Less mess to clean up afterwards - charcoal smokers can get a little dirty after each cooking session. With a pellet grill, you may need to clean the brazier every once in a while, but it's rare (think once every 60 uses).
Best High-End Pellet Smoker | Video Explanation
Are pellet smokers safe?
The answer is yes. They are safer than most other grills. Unlike grills that cook food directly over the fire, pellet grills cook like a smoker oven, using convective heat. This means that in 95 percent of pellet grills, the food on the grill does not drip into the hot flame.
The safety of a pellet grill depends largely on the common sense of the user. Don't leave a fire burning for days and keep combustibles away from the grill. Pellet grills are designed to be used safely for hours. That goes for low-temperature cooking, too, and probably not in cases where the grill is left unattended for more than a few minutes.
What about pellets?
Some brands suggest that the only pellets that work in their grills are their own brand, but this is rarely true; as long as you use barbecue pellets, you should be fine. It's best not to use pellet stoves, as they are not 100% hardwood and often contain fillers and other substances that can cause problems if they get on food.
There are many types of pellets, so ultimately it's a matter of preference, but storage is universal - don't leave the bag empty.
It is very easy to make the mistake of leaving a bag of pellets open to the elements. If there is any moisture overnight, the pellets will swell and become unusable. The easiest way to store them is in a sealed five-gallon bucket, but if it's a premium product, a container with seals is a good idea.
Are pellet smokers worth it?
Pellet smokers have their drawbacks, but their value depends on the type of food you're cooking. If you want to grill a perfect steak, pork chop, or carne asada, consider a charcoal or gas grill. If you want smoked ribs, pulled pork, burnt ends, chicken, turkey, or any other meat (or firmer vegetables), a pellet grill is worth its weight in gold. It's worth it because it effectively eliminates the barbecue learning curve associated with smoking on a manual smoker or charcoal grill. The convenience of Wi-Fi control, which is available on many mid-range pellet grills, further underscores this.
What Company Makes The Best Pellet Grill?
There are many companies that make high-quality pellet grills, so it's difficult to say which one is the best. However, here are some popular options to consider:
- Traeger: Traeger is one of the most popular pellet grill brands and has been around since the 1980s. They offer a wide range of sizes and models, including the Pro Series and Ironwood Series.
- Weber: Weber is a well-known brand in the grilling world, and their SmokeFire pellet grill is a popular option. It features a unique auger design that helps prevent jams and a porcelain-enamel finish for easy cleaning.
- Camp Chef: Camp Chef makes a variety of outdoor cooking equipment, including pellet grills. Their Woodwind series includes features like a sear box and a PID controller for precise temperature control.
- Green Mountain Grills: Green Mountain Grills has been making pellet grills since 2008 and is known for their high-quality construction and precise temperature control.
- Pit Boss: Pit Boss offers a range of affordable pellet grills with features like a digital control board and a flame broiler for searing.
Ultimately, the best pellet grill for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences, such as cooking space, budget, and desired features.
What Is The Best Quality Smoker?
The best quality smoker will depend on your specific needs and preferences, as there are many excellent options available. However, here are some popular options to consider:
- Big Green Egg: The Big Green Egg is a versatile ceramic smoker that can also be used as a grill or oven. It's known for its excellent heat retention and precise temperature control.
- Traeger Timberline: The Traeger Timberline is a high-end pellet smoker that features a double-walled stainless steel construction and a Wi-Fi-enabled controller for easy temperature monitoring.
- Weber Smokey Mountain: The Weber Smokey Mountain is a popular charcoal smoker that's known for its excellent temperature control and durable construction.
- Kamado Joe: Kamado Joe makes a range of ceramic smokers that are similar to the Big Green Egg. They offer features like an air-lift hinge for easy lid opening and a multi-level cooking system.
- Pit Boss Austin XL: The Pit Boss Austin XL is a pellet smoker that offers a large cooking area and a temperature range of 150 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. It's also relatively affordable compared to other high-end smokers.
Ultimately, the best quality smoker for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences, such as cooking capacity, fuel type, and desired features.
What Smoker Does Myron Mixon Use?
Myron Mixon, a well-known barbecue pitmaster and four-time World Barbecue Champion, has used various smokers throughout his career. However, he is most closely associated with his line of Myron Mixon smokers, which are manufactured by his company, Myron Mixon Smokers.
The Myron Mixon smokers are a line of high-end, offset-style smokers that are designed for competition-level barbecue. They feature heavy-duty construction, precise temperature control, and large cooking areas. The Myron Mixon H2O Water Smoker is one of his most popular models, which features a water pan for added moisture and flavor.
Myron Mixon has also been known to use other types of smokers, including custom-built offset smokers and pellet smokers. However, his signature line of smokers is the Myron Mixon line, which is designed to his exacting specifications for competition-level barbecue.
Is Traeger Or Pit Boss Better?
Traeger and Pit Boss are both popular brands that offer high-quality pellet grills at various price points. Which one is better will depend on your specific needs and preferences.
Here are some general comparisons between Traeger and Pit Boss:
- Price: Pit Boss is generally more affordable than Traeger, especially for larger models. Pit Boss also offers more budget-friendly options without sacrificing quality.
- Temperature Range: Traeger grills generally offer a higher temperature range than Pit Boss, with some models reaching up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. However, Pit Boss still offers a wide temperature range that is suitable for most grilling and smoking applications.
- Construction: Both Traeger and Pit Boss offer durable construction with high-quality materials, but some reviewers report that Traeger grills have a better fit and finish.
- Features: Both brands offer a variety of features, including digital control panels, meat probes, and easy ash cleanout. However, Traeger grills typically offer more advanced features like Wi-Fi connectivity and a Super Smoke mode.
Ultimately, the best choice between Traeger and Pit Boss will depend on your budget, desired features, and specific grilling and smoking needs. Both brands offer high-quality pellet grills that can produce excellent results, so it's worth considering both options and comparing models to find the one that is right for you.
What Is The Most Accurate Pellet?
When it comes to pellets for pellet grills, there are a few factors that can affect accuracies, such as consistency of size and moisture content. However, overall, hardwood pellets are generally considered to be the most accurate option.
Hardwood pellets are made from compressed sawdust, which is a natural and consistent fuel source. They are also typically free of binders, fillers, or additives, which can affect burn time and temperature.
Within the category of hardwood pellets, there are a few types that are particularly well-regarded for their accuracy:
- Hickory: Hickory pellets are a popular choice for their rich, smoky flavor and consistent burn.
- Oak: Oak pellets are a versatile option that can work well for a variety of meats and flavor profiles.
- Mesquite: Mesquite pellets are known for their strong, bold flavor and can add a unique smokiness to meats.
- Apple: Apple pellets can add a sweet, fruity flavor to meats and are a popular choice for smoking poultry.
Ultimately, the most accurate pellet will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It's worth trying a few different types to find the one that works best for your desired flavor and cooking style.
Which Smoker Gives The Best Flavor?
The smoker that gives the best flavor will depend on personal preference, the type of fuel used, and the specific smoking method. That being said, here are a few smokers that are known for producing delicious, flavorful results:
- Offset Smokers: Offset smokers use wood or charcoal as fuel, and the smoke and heat are directed to the cooking chamber from a separate firebox. This allows for a long, slow cook that imparts a rich, smoky flavor to meats. They require a bit of practice and skill to use properly but offset smokers can produce some of the most flavorful results.
- Kamado Grills: Kamado grills are ceramic grills that use charcoal as fuel. The thick ceramic walls help to retain heat and moisture, which can result in juicy, flavorful meats. The ability to easily control the temperature also allows for a wide range of cooking methods, from slow smoking to high-heat searing.
- Pellet Smokers: Pellet smokers use compressed wood pellets as fuel, which can produce a delicious, smoky flavor. Pellet smokers are known for their convenience and ease of use, and many models come with advanced features like digital control panels and meat probes for precise cooking.
- Electric Smokers: Electric smokers use electricity to power a heating element, which then generates smoke from wood chips or pellets. While some purists argue that electric smokers don't produce the same depth of flavor as other methods, they are still capable of producing delicious, tender meats with a smoky flavor.
Ultimately, the best smoker for flavor will depend on your personal preference and cooking style. It's worth trying out a few different methods to find the one that produces the results you're looking for.
Are Myron Mixon Pellet Smokers Any Good?
Myron Mixon is a well-known barbecue pitmaster and four-time World Barbecue Champion, and his line of Myron Mixon Pellet Smokers is generally well-regarded by reviewers and customers. The Myron Mixon Pellet Smokers are designed to provide competition-level barbecue results with the convenience and ease of use of a pellet smoker.
Some of the features of Myron Mixon Pellet Smokers include:
- Heavy-duty construction: The smokers are made with high-quality materials and are built to last.
- Precise temperature control: The digital control panel allows for precise temperature control, and the smokers can reach temperatures of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Large cooking area: The smokers have a large cooking area that can accommodate a variety of meats and dishes.
- Pellet hopper cleanout: The pellet hopper can be easily cleaned out for quick and easy pellet changes.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Some models offer Wi-Fi connectivity, which allows for remote temperature monitoring and control.
Overall, Myron Mixon Pellet Smokers are generally considered to be high-quality and capable of producing delicious, competition-level barbecue results. However, they are also relatively expensive compared to some other pellet smoker options. It's worth comparing models and features to determine if a Myron Mixon Pellet Smoker is the right choice for your needs and budget.
Who Is The Longest Living Smoker?
As an AI language model, I don't have access to comprehensive data on the longest-living smoker, but if you are referring to the longest-lasting smoker, then it's difficult to say for certain as it would depend on factors such as usage, maintenance, and materials used in construction. However, well-maintained smokers made from durable materials like heavy-duty steel or ceramics can last for decades.
Some brands are known for their durable construction and long-lasting smokers, such as Weber, Big Green Egg, and Yoder Smokers. Many of these brands offer warranties or guarantees that attest to the quality and longevity of their products.
It's worth noting that the lifespan of a smoker can be greatly affected by how well it is maintained. Proper cleaning, seasoning, and storage can help to extend the life of a smoker and keep it performing at its best. If you're looking for a long-lasting smoker, it's important to consider both the construction and materials of the smoker as well as the maintenance required to keep it in good condition.
Why Traeger Is The Best?
Traeger is a well-known brand of pellet grills and smokers, and there are several reasons why many people consider them to be the best:
- Consistent results: Traeger's pellet grills use a digital controller that maintains a consistent temperature throughout the cooking process, ensuring even cooking and great results every time.
- Versatility: Traeger's pellet grills can be used for a wide range of cooking styles, from low-and-slow smoking to high-heat grilling, roasting, and baking.
- Ease of use: Traeger's pellet grills are designed to be easy to use, with simple controls and feature like Wi-Fi connectivity and mobile apps that allow for remote temperature monitoring and control.
- High-quality construction: Traeger's grills are made from high-quality materials like heavy-duty steel, and many models come with features like porcelain-coated grates and drip pans for easy cleaning.
- Wide range of models: Traeger offers a wide range of models to fit different budgets and cooking needs, from compact portable grills to large, high-capacity smokers.
Ultimately, whether or not Traeger is the best option for you will depend on your personal preferences and cooking needs. However, Traeger's consistent performance, ease of use, and high-quality construction make them a popular choice among grill and smoker enthusiasts.
What Brand Smoker Does Aaron Franklin Use?
Aaron Franklin is a well-known pitmaster and owner of Franklin Barbecue in Austin, Texas. He is known for his expertise in smoking meat and has been recognized with numerous awards for his barbecue.
Aaron Franklin is known for using a variety of different smokers over the years, including offset smokers made by Klose, Jambo Pits, and Franklin Barbecue Pits.
In addition to using his own custom-made pits at his restaurant, Franklin has also collaborated with the manufacturer PK Grills to create a line of charcoal grills and smokers that he personally endorses. These grills and smokers are designed to be versatile and easy to use, with features like four-way venting and removable ash pans for easy cleaning.
Overall, while Aaron Franklin is known for his expertise in smoking meat, he has used a variety of different smokers over the years and has not been tied to a single brand or manufacturer.
Pellet smokers are proving to be more than fast and trendy. Some call pellet smoking an "expensive oven," but for hobbyists and enthusiasts alike, the ease of use and food quality is undeniable. The pellet grill market is incredibly competitive, so there's not much room in between.
HOPE YOU LIKE OUR GUIDE!!
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply