Italian commercial espresso machines are known for their durability, performance, and style. As the home of espresso, Italy has a long history of producing some of the best commercial espresso machines in the world. When it comes to choosing the best Italian commercial espresso machine, there are a few key factors to consider.
First and foremost, you’ll want to look for a machine with a reputation for producing high-quality espresso shots consistently.
Additionally, you’ll want to consider factors such as the machine’s size and capacity, as well as its ease of use and maintenance.
Finally, you’ll want to choose a machine that fits with the aesthetic and atmosphere of your business. With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right machine.
To help you make an informed decision, we’ve compiled a list of the top Italian commercial espresso machines available. From classic brands to innovative newcomers, these machines are sure to impress your customers and keep your business running smoothly.
Let’s get started.
What Coffee Machine Do Italians Use?
Italians are known for their love of coffee, and as such, there is a wide range of coffee machines that are popular in Italy. Some of the most common types of coffee machines that you might find in Italian homes and cafes include:
- Moka Pot: A Moka pot, also known as a “stovetop espresso maker,” is a type of coffee pot that uses steam pressure to force hot water through ground coffee to produce a strong, espresso-like coffee. Moka pots are a popular choice in Italy due to their simplicity and affordability.
- Espresso Machine: Espresso machines are also popular in Italy, and you can find both manual and semi-automatic machines in homes and cafes. These machines use steam or pump pressure to force hot water through finely-ground coffee to produce a concentrated espresso shot.
- Pod Or Capsule Machine: These machines, which use pre-packaged coffee pods or capsules to make a single serving of coffee, have also become popular in Italy in recent years.
Ultimately, the type of coffee machine that is most popular in Italy can vary depending on the region and personal preferences of the coffee drinkers.
Balance Between Control, Consistency, and Convenience
Semi-automatic Or Automatic?
Commercial coffee makers have come a long way since the days of steam coffee machines. What was once a laborious process of manually operating heavy levers is now made easier by today’s semi-automatic and automatic machines.
When baristas are pulling shots from morning to night, automation is a true blessing. You can’t go wrong with any of the machines on the list above. But as a business owner, you still have to choose between automatic and semi-automatic espresso machines. And not just because of the initial cost.
An automatic machine is the smarter choice for most businesses because it offers greater efficiency and ease of use. You don’t have to worry about grinding the grains, packing them, or getting consistent extraction levels.
It also eliminates the need for tedious staff training. The learning curve for the super-automatic espresso machine is fairly gentle for inexperienced baristas.
However, if you don’t plan on serving hundreds of cups of coffee each day and enjoy fine-tuning the extraction process manually, a semi-automatic machine will prove to be the perfect addition to your equipment list.
In fact, grinding your beans to order and having more control over the extraction process will add a touch of craftsmanship that will give your coffee a brand image that will appeal to deep L lovers and hipsters alike.
Differences Between Direct Connect And Pour-over
Most commercial premises are equipped with direct-connect machines rather than pour-over machines.
This is because they are connected to the water system and the connection allows for automatic water replenishment. There is no need to pay attention to the water level or stop to pour water.
Pour-over Coffee Makers, on the other hand, require you to refill the tank when the water level is low manually. In stores or businesses with a high volume of espresso orders, this can quickly become an inconvenience because you have to stop working to fill the espresso machine with water.
However, pour-over machines may be preferable for mobile businesses such as coffee carts, or for home users, as long as they can be used wherever they are needed. They are not connected to a water source.
When using pour-over machines on site, it is highly recommended that a water filter or softener be used. This will protect the machine from scaling and maintain water quality.
When waiting for customers at the counter, it is very important that the espresso machine runs quickly.
There are other factors that affect the speed of an espresso machine, but one of the most important is the number of group heads: two group heads can make twice as many drinks as one group head.
In fact, more groups mean the ability to make more than one drink at a time.
What Is The Best Italian Commercial Espresso Machine?
There are a few options when it comes to Italian espresso makers that are highly regarded in the coffee industry.
The Best Italian Commercial Espresso Machine for you will depend on your budget, the volume of espresso you plan on making, and your personal preferences.
Best Italian Commercial Espresso Machine | Brand List 2023
Top Quality | 5 Star Pick | Great Quality
|Nuova Simonelli Prontobar Touch 2-Step Super Automatic Espresso Machine||Nuova Simonelli||Check Price|
|La Pavoni Bar-Star 2V-R 2-Group Volumetric Commercial Espresso Machine, 14L Boiler Water Capacity, Red||La Pavoni||Check Price|
|Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel||Breville||Check Price|
|Nuova Simonelli Musica Pour Over Tank Version Lux Espresso Machine MMUSICALUX01||Nuova Simonelli||Check Price|
|Rocket Espresso Appartamento Espresso Machine (Red)||ROCKET ESPRESSO MILANO||Check Price|
|Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine with Iron Frame and Stainless Steel Side Panels, 11.4 by 13.4-Inch (Stainless Steel-Updated 2019 Model)||Rancilio||Check Price|
|Nuova Simonelli Oscar II Espresso Machine||Nuova Simonelli||Check Price|
|Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II Volumetric 3 Group Espresso Machine MAUREIIVOL03ND0001 with Free Espresso Starter Kit and 3M Water Filter System||Nuova Simonelli||Check Price|
|La Pavoni BAR-T 2V-B Commercial 2 Group 14L Boiler Volumetric Espresso Machine, Black Side Panels, Chrome Plated Solid Brass Groups, 2 Flexible Steam Jets, Hot Water Tap with Flexible Jet, 220-240V||La Pavoni||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Top 9 Italian Commercial Espresso Machines | Reviews 2023
1. Nuova Simonelli Prontobar: Best Overall Italian Commercial Espresso Machine
- Machine Type: Superautomatic
- Plumbing: Direct-connect
- Majesty Coffee Price: $9,855
- 6 Programmable Drink Buttons: Program up to 6 different kinds of drinks in advance, so all your employees will need to do is select the drink they need.
- Built-In Dual Grinders: You won’t need to figure out space for grinders, because the Prontobar comes with two grinders built right into it.
- Automatic Washing Program: Your employees will be free to attend to other tasks while the machine cleans itself as they close up shop.
- Automated Milk Steaming: With the one-step machine, everyone will be able to make drinks with perfectly foamy milk.
- Quiet Pump: The quiet pump in this machine won’t disrupt customers even during heavy use.
- This machine comes in two configurations: one- and two-step. With the one-step configuration, all you’ll need to do is push the button for the drink you need and wait for it, while the two-step configuration requires you only to steam the milk.
- This is the machine for you if employees won’t have expertise in espresso machines or you want to guarantee the ultimate level of consistency each time.
The Nuova Simonelli Prontobar Touch 2-Step Super Automatic Espresso Machine is a top-of-the-line coffee maker designed for professional use. This espresso machine is equipped with a touchscreen and buttons as human interface inputs, making it easy to use and control. With its sleek and modern design, the Nuova Simonelli Prontobar Touch 2-Step Super Automatic Espresso Machine will make a great addition to any coffee shop or restaurant.
The espresso machine is made by Nuova Simonelli, a well-known brand in the coffee industry, known for producing high-quality and reliable coffee makers. At a price point of $14,895.00, the Nuova Simonelli Prontobar Touch 2-Step Super Automatic Espresso Machine is a significant investment, but it is well worth it for those who are serious about producing the best espresso.
- Easy to use with touchscreen and buttons.
- Sleek and modern design.
- Made by a reputable brand.
- High-quality espresso production.
- Ideal for professional use.
- Requires significant investment.
- May not be suitable for home use.
Also Read: Best Coffee Grinders Under $100
2. La Pavoni Bar-Star Commercial Espresso Machine
- Programmable/Automatic Coffee Dosing
- Manual Over-ride of All Functions
- Dual Pressure Gauge Monitors Constant Group and Boiler Pressure
- Electronic Automatic Water Level Control with Sight Glass
- Water Softener to Reduce Hard Water is Included
- With two groups, you’ll be able to make twice as many espressos as a single-group machine, so your customers won’t be irritated by long waits. The National Sanitation Foundation certified the Bar-Star, which means you can also rest assured in its quality.
- NSF Certification: Compliant with strict NSF standards, you can be sure you’re purchasing a high-quality machine when you get the Bar-Star.
- Telescopic Side Handles: Moving the machine is a breeze with its side handles if you need to clean under or around it.
- Huge Capacity Boiler: Able to hold up to 14 liters, this boiler can steam and brew back-to-back drinks issue-free.
The La Pavoni Bar-Star 2V-R 2-Group Volumetric Commercial Espresso Machine is a high-performance espresso machine that is perfect for any commercial setting. This machine features a 14L boiler water capacity and has a stylish red color that is sure to catch the eye of your customers. The machine is equipped with programmable coffee dosing and manual override of all functions, giving you complete control over your coffee-making process.
The dual pressure gauge monitors constant group and boiler pressure, ensuring that your espresso is brewed to perfection every time. The electronic automatic water level control with sight glass makes it easy to keep track of the water levels, while the included water softener helps to reduce hard water, ensuring a smooth and consistent coffee experience. With a 4.0 out of 5 stars rating, this machine is a reliable choice for coffee shops, restaurants, and other commercial settings.
- High-performance espresso machine for commercial use
- Programmable coffee dosing and manual override of functions
- Dual pressure gauge monitors constant group and boiler pressure
- Electronic automatic water level control with sight glass
- Includes water softener to reduce hard water.
- May require an adapter or converter for use outside of the US
- Only one rating available
- Capacity is limited to 14L.
3. Breville BES870XL Best Budget Italian Commercial Espresso Machine
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to go from beans to espresso in under one minute
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: The powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- ESPRESSO MACHINE WITH GRIND SIZE DIAL: Simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean youre grinding
- ESPRESSO MAKER WITH BUILT-IN COFFEE GRINDER: Innovative grinding cradle allows any at home barista to grind directly into the espresso portafilter for the perfect espresso
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Razor Dose Trimming Tool, 54mm Stainless Steel Portafilter, 1 & 2 cup Single & Dual Wall Filter Baskets, Coffee Scoop, Integrated Tamper, Stainless Steel Milk Jug, Cleaning Disc, Tablets, Brush Tool & Allen Key, Water Filter & Filter Holder
- WARRANTY: 1 Year Limited Product Warranty; Power: 1600 Watts; Voltage: 120 Volts
The Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine is a brushed stainless steel machine designed to deliver third wave specialty coffee at home. This machine features an integrated precision conical burr grinder that grinds on demand to deliver the perfect amount of freshly ground coffee for the desired taste. The low-pressure pre-infusion feature gradually increases pressure at the start to extract all the flavors evenly, resulting in a balanced tasting cup. The digital temperature control (PID) ensures optimal espresso extraction by delivering water at precisely the right temperature.
The manual microfoam milk texturing feature is powered by a steam wand that allows you to hand texture microfoam milk, enhancing flavor and enabling the creation of latte art. This machine has a simple and intuitive grind size dial, giving you control over the grind size, no matter the type of bean you're grinding. The innovative grinding cradle allows for grinding directly into the espresso portafilter for the perfect espresso.
- Delivers specialty coffee using a 4 keys formula.
- Integrated precision conical burr grinder.
- Low-pressure pre-infusion for balanced flavor extraction.
- Digital temperature control for optimal espresso extraction.
- Manual microfoam milk texturing for enhanced flavor and latte art creation.
- Too coarse a grind can lead to inadequate pressure.
- Espresso extraction varies based on grind size and amount.
- Reprogramming may be needed when grind size and amount is adjusted.
Also Read: Best Home Espresso & Coffee Machine For Latte Art
4. Nuova Simonelli Musica: Best For Espresso
- Feature packed powerhouse that combines beauty and functionality, the perfect espresso machine for those looking for a permanent solution for their morning java.
- Best for Cappuccino
- Feature-packed powerhouse that combines beauty and functionality, the perfect espresso machine for those looking for a permanent solution for their morning java. Designed after the critically acclaimed Oscar True electronic pre-infusion Pour over the model with removable water tank Heat exchange boiler with vacuum breaker valve Sirai Pressurestat and boiler steam pressure gauge All metal body construction, polished chrome face Cup Tray LED backlit trim Included by Nuova Simonelli: Scoop, tamper, 2 portafilter handles, blank filter basket
- The all-new Nuova Simonelli Musica espresso machine is a feature-packed powerhouse that combines both beauty and functionality. Built upon the design of the critically acclaimed Oscar, the Nuova Simonelli Musica adds digital automatic espresso dosing with true electronic pre-infusion. This Musica is the POUR OVER model. Make quick work of cappuccinos and lattes while the Musicas 2-liter energy-saving heat exchanger boiler, with a new vacuum-breaker valve, provides endless steam power and simultaneous espresso brewing.
- Automatic Espresso Dosing With the Nuova Simonelli Musica, you can program your favorite ristretto or espresso sizes, and it will automatically stop brewing when that volume has been dispensed. This is a great feature for a small coffee shop that wants to minimize employee training. The Musica features 1-cup, 2-cup, and continuous brew buttons, all of which can be set to exact sizes. The Musica even allows you to lock out others from accidentally reprogramming these settings.
- Programmable Hot Water Dispensing Make Americanos and brew tea with 100% fresh hot water with the Nuova Simonelli Musicas hot water wand. With a simple press of a button, water will flow from the water tank through the heat exchanger line and be flash-heated before dispensing right into your cup. Using the digital LCD menu, you can program the water to automatically stop after your desired amount has been dispensed.
The Nuova Simonelli Musica Pour Over Tank Version Lux Espresso Machine is a feature-packed espresso machine that combines beauty and functionality. It has a heat exchange boiler with a vacuum breaker valve, Sirai Pressurestat, and boiler steam pressure gauge. The machine has a digital automatic espresso dosing with true electronic pre-infusion and is designed with a removable water tank.
It also has a programmable hot water dispensing feature and is made of all metal body construction with a polished chrome face. The Musica comes with a scoop, tamper, 2 portafilter handles, and a blank filter basket. It is currently unavailable and it is unknown when or if it will be back in stock.
- Heat exchange boiler with vacuum breaker valve.
- Digital automatic espresso dosing with pre-infusion.
- Removable water tank and programmable hot water dispensing.
- All metal body construction with polished chrome face.
- Comes with accessories.
- Currently unavailable with unknown restocking date.
- No information on price.
- No mention of maintenance and durability.
5. Rocket Espresso Machine
- Heat Exchanger - A heat exchange boiler allows you to brew and steam at the same time
- Heated Group Head - A naturally heated group head helps keep shots piping hot.
- Small Footprint - The reduced dimensions of the Appartamento suit it for small counters or space-restricted kitchens.
- Manual Control - Learn to brew all on your own with mechanical steaming and brew controls.
- Italian Craftsmanship - Each Rocket Espresso Appartamento is built by hand in Milan, Italy.
- You could feasibly use the powerful little Appartamento in a small business - it's that speedy. However, we think it's best for the homes of coffee and espresso lovers, thanks to its affordable price and compact size.
- E-61 Commercial Brew Group: Prevents thermal fluctuations from impacting the flavor of your espresso.
- Side Panel Cutouts: Visually appealing circular cutouts on the sides are available in copper or white configurations.
- 304-Grade Stainless Steel Case: Protects the espresso machine and boosts its visual appeal.
The Rocket Espresso Appartamento Nera Espresso Machine is a high-quality espresso machine designed for coffee enthusiasts. The machine is available in black, copper, and white colors, and is priced at $1,700. The black option has a 4.6 out of 5 stars rating with 15 ratings. The brand, ROCKET ESPRESSO MILANO, is known for its quality and innovative design.
The machine features a 1.8-liter heat exchanger (HX) boiler which allows for simultaneous brewing and steaming. The E61 group is boiler-heated and backflushable, providing reliable operation and consistent brew temperature. The compact design of the machine, with a 10"x17" footprint, makes it one of the smallest prosumer machines on the market. The manual control allows for hands-on brewing with analog brew and steam controls. The product comes with a three-year warranty, providing peace of mind for the customer.
- Heat Exchanger for simultaneous brewing and steaming.
- E61 group for consistent brew temperature and reliable operation.
- Compact design with a small footprint.
- Manual control for hands-on brewing.
- Three-year warranty for customer peace of mind.
- High price point compared to other espresso machines.
- Limited options for color and style.
- Only has a 1.8-liter capacity.
Also Read: Best Milk Frothers For Coffee
6. Rancilio Silvia: Best Super-Automatic and Professional
- Rancilio Silvia M V6 Espresso Machine, which arrived in 2020.
- New matte-black group cover (Polycarbonate + ABS)
- Updated icons for better usability
- Includes a professional, wood-handle tamper, 9g Single Shot Basket (40-100-106), 17g Double Shot Basket (40-100-107), Double Spout Portafilter
- One Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine with Iron Frame and Stainless Steel Side Panels, 11.4 by 13.4-Inch (Stainless Steel-Updated 2019 Model).
- The two-quart water reservoir can be removed or filled from the top at any time during the operation.
- The Rancilio Silvia features an articulating stainless steel steam wand that allows for a complete range of motion for steaming perfect latte quality milk. Control steaming power with the commercially designed steam knob. This Silvia comes with a 7-gram coffee scoop, a plastic tamper, and two filter baskets (single and double).
- The single boiler of the Silvia has the largest volume capacity of any home machine in its class. Holding 0.3 liters (12oz) this chrome-plated brass boiler produces outstanding steaming power and remarkable recovery time between shots.
The Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine is a high-quality, premium coffee maker designed for home use. It features an iron frame and stainless steel side panels, and comes in a sleek, modern stainless steel color. With a 4.4-star rating and 74 customer reviews, this machine is a popular choice among coffee lovers.
The Rancilio Silvia M V6 Espresso Machine is the latest version, which arrived in 2020 and boasts updated features such as a new matte-black group cover made of polycarbonate and ABS, and updated icons for better usability. The machine includes a professional, wood-handle tamper, as well as a 9g single shot basket and a 17g double shot basket. Additionally, it has a double spout portafilter, which is a handy feature for those who enjoy making espresso drinks. The machine has a 0.3-liter capacity and is equipped with a 3-way solenoid, which helps to purge excess pressure and prevent portafilter "sneezes." The Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty for added peace of mind.
- High-quality construction
- Sleek, modern design
- Includes professional accessories
- 3-way solenoid for better pressure control
- One-year warranty.
- Higher price point
- Steep learning curve for inexperienced users
- Small water tank capacity.
7. Nuova Simonelli Oscar II Best Entry-Level Espresso Machine
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 16 x 12 x 16
- Espresso Machine Type: Semi-Automatic
- Voltage: 110
- Water Source: Pour-Over
- Theres also a cup-warming shelf on top. This both frees up a little storage space elsewhere and keeps your drinks from cooling down quickly by pre-warming your favorite coffee mugs for you.
- As an extra visual bonus, the machine comes in two different color options: red or black. This gives it some flexibility so it can match with an even wider range of color schemes and decorating styles.
- Theres also a cup-warming shelf on top. This both frees up a little storage space elsewhere and keeps your drinks from cooling down quickly by pre-warming your favorite coffee mugs for you.
- Cup Warming Shelf: Keeps your mugs nice and toasty for you so a cold mug won't sap the warmth from your espresso.
- Extended Articulating Steam Arm: Capable of penetrating even further into the milk pitcher to ensure even aeration and circulation.
- Push-Pull Steam Trigger: Use the machine as much as you like - your wrists won't get sore because of the ergonomic steam switch design.
The Nuova Simonelli Oscar II Espresso Machine is a high-quality semi-automatic espresso machine made in Italy. With a 4.2 out of 5 star rating and 48 customer reviews, this machine is well-loved by coffee enthusiasts. It has a sleek and stylish design, available in black color, with dimensions of 16" x 12" x 16".
The machine has a water source of pour-over, operates on a voltage of 110 and has a capacity of 3 liters. It is equipped with a timer as a special feature, making it easy to monitor and control the brewing process. This espresso machine is designed for use in the US and may require an adapter or converter for use in other countries, so it's important to check compatibility before purchasing. The Nuova Simonelli Oscar II Espresso Machine is a high-quality choice for anyone who values a great cup of coffee and wants to make it at home.
- High-quality, made in Italy
- Sleek and stylish design
- Equipped with timer for easy control of brewing process
- 4.2 out of 5 star rating and positive customer reviews
- Capacity of 3 liters for a large amount of coffee
- May require an adapter or converter for use in other countries
- Semi-automatic operation may require some skill to use effectively
- Price of $1,549 may be too high for some consumers
Also Read: Best 12 Volt Coffee Maker
8. Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II: Affordable Italian Espresso Machine
- Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II Volumetric 3 Group Espresso Machine MAUREIIVOL03ND0001 with Free Espresso Starter Kit and 3M
- It was developed in collaboration with top baristas and really is an espresso machine for baristas who care about their craft. It even holds the rare accolade of being the only espresso machine certified as ergonomic by the European Institute of Psychology and Ergonomics! And to be fair it is a piece of art in its own regard.
- This model similarly features LED lights that illuminate the front of the machine. It has a directly plumbed-in water system which is usually preferred for commercial setups.
- It also features a PID (Proportional Integral Derivative) which ensures careful precision around the water temperature in the boiler.
- It also comes with a reverse mirror which means the barista can watch the extraction without bending down each time.
- The Soft Infusion System also provides a forgiving buffer zone if the barista is slightly under-tamps.
- Overall this is a powerful machine for those willing to pay a bit more. It is a high-quality machine that is best suited to medium to large establishments that desire to create a reputation for excellent coffee. We highly recommend Aurelia II.
The Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II Volumetric 3 Group Espresso Machine is a top-of-the-line machine designed for commercial and professional use. With a 17-liter boiler, two steam wands, and one hot water nozzle, this machine is equipped to handle high volume operations with ease. The volumetric dosing and LCD display make it easy to achieve precise and consistent results every time. The auto-purge function ensures optimal performance, and the surface LED lights add an extra touch of style.
This espresso machine is equipped with a water filter system that helps to ensure the quality of the water being used in the brewing process. This not only helps to improve the flavor of the espresso but also protects the machine from mineral buildup that can lead to maintenance issues. The Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II Volumetric 3 Group Espresso Machine runs on 220 volts and is designed for commercial and professional use. The machine is backed by the reputable Nuova Simonelli brand and is the perfect choice for any busy cafe or coffee shop.
- Large 17-liter boiler for high volume operations.
- Two steam wands and one hot water nozzle.
- Volumetric dosing and LCD display for precise results.
- Auto-purge function for optimal performance.
- Water filter system for better tasting espresso and machine protection.
- Currently unavailable with no information on restocking.
- 220 volts requirement may limit its usage in some locations.
- Suitable for commercial and professional use only.
9. La Pavoni BAR-T 2V-B
- Large 14-liter boiler & 4370 watts
- 230 Volt
- 2 steam wands
- Install kit & water softener
- Some of its key features and advantages include the excellent quality of its brass-chrome group heads, easy access for repairs when they are needed, and radiator hydraulic systems for both group heads which basically amounts to consistent water circulation which aids thermal stability.
- The Bar T 2V just has generally all round good specs with a well-tested reputation for durability and reliability.
- Separate solenoids allow multiple baristas to work at the same time.
- This would be a solid option for medium-sized coffee shops or restaurants wanting to add coffee to their repertoire.
- Although I must confess that personally, the look of the machine doesn’t do it for me in comparison to the more streamlined Nuova Simonelli models.
The La Pavoni BAR-T 2V-B Commercial 2 Group 14L Boiler Volumetric Espresso Machine is a top-of-the-line espresso machine for commercial use. With its large 14-liter boiler and 4370 watts of power, this machine is capable of delivering consistent, high-quality espresso shots with ease. The black side panels and chrome-plated brass groups give this machine a sleek, professional look, while the flexible steam jets and hot water tap make it easy to create a wide range of coffee-based drinks.
The machine is designed with ease of use in mind, with a volumetric system that allows baristas to program the exact amount of espresso to be dispensed with each shot. This not only speeds up the process, but also helps to ensure that each shot is consistent and of the highest quality. The 230V install kit and water softener are also included, making it easy to get the machine up and running right out of the box. Whether you're a busy café, hotel, or restaurant, the La Pavoni BAR-T 2V-B is the perfect choice for those who demand the best in quality and performance from their espresso machine.
- Large 14-liter boiler for consistent and high-quality espresso shots.
- Sleek and professional look with black side panels and chrome-plated brass groups.
- Volumetric system for precise espresso dispensing.
- Flexible steam jets and hot water tap for a wide range of coffee drinks.
- Includes install kit and water softener for ease of set-up.
- Only designed for commercial use, not suitable for home.
- High power consumption with 4370 watts.
- May require specialized training to operate.
What Is An Italian Espresso Machine?
Italy is known for espresso, as Italian espresso machines are among the best. As you may have guessed, these coffee-making devices are made in Italy, which has perfected the art of making this concentrated drink. Italian espresso machines are very high quality, but can also be very expensive. These espresso machines work better than almost any other because they are made by well-known and respected brands.
How To Choose The Best Italian Commercial Espresso Machine | Ultimate Guide 2023
When it comes to choosing the best Italian commercial espresso machine, there are several factors to consider:
Italian Espresso Machines And Standard Espresso Machines
Italian espresso machines are built with high-quality materials, such as stainless steel, rather than plastic, and often come with more features than those made by other manufacturers. They are rugged, durable, and built to last for years. Their performance is more consistent than standard espresso machines, providing more than nine bars of pressure, as well as the right water temperature, almost 100 percent of the time.
The most compact Italian espresso machines offer more quality materials, customization, and advanced features than their non-Italian counterparts. Side by side, Italian espresso machines may cost more, but they produce better quality espresso and are easier to use. They may take longer to master, but they are a much better investment overall.
Espresso Machine Capacity
The capacity of the commercial espresso machine you should choose depends on the size of your business.
Will your coffee shop serve hundreds of cups to go each day? Are you a local roaster serving specialty brews to a small number of discerning customers? How much space do you have to store your machines? How many baristas do you want to be able to run the machine at one time? These are all important questions to ask before choosing an espresso machine.
The capacity of a machine is determined by the number of group heads and the size of the boiler. Most professional coffee machines have two, three, or four group heads. The number of group heads determines how many baristas can work on the machine at the same time, and each head can produce two drinks at the same time. Keep in mind that the highest numbers are not always the best, as you may be limited by the space available behind the counter.
Boiler capacity is also an important factor in choosing the right coffee machine. It should be large enough to provide enough hot water at peak times. In general, the more heads the machine has, the larger the boiler capacity.
You should also consider the size of the machine. Although larger machines cost more and require more space, they can improve your staff's attachment and uptime.
Also Read: Best Coffee Maker For Dorm Room
Quality Of Espresso
The most important factor to consider when choosing an espresso machine is the quality of the espresso it produces. Look for a machine that has a reputation for producing consistent, high-quality shots.
When choosing an espresso machine for your business, it is important to consider the layout of your workspace and the available countertop space. The size and dimensions of the machine should be taken into consideration, as well as the availability of a nearby water source for a direct-connect machine. Keep in mind that installing a direct-connect machine may require cutting into the countertop.
When selecting an espresso machine for your business, it is important to consider the volume of drinks that you typically serve. If you have a high volume of drinks, you may want to consider a machine with more groups or an automatic or superautomatic machine, which can save time and allow employees to multitask. Direct-connect machines are also a good choice for busy shops or cafes as they do not need to be refilled during a rush.
On the other hand, if your establishment serves fewer drinks, a pour-over machine or a semi-automatic machine may be sufficient.
Employee/user Skill Level
When selecting an espresso machine, it is important to consider the experience level of the users. If you have a lot of new employees or inexperienced home baristas, you may want to choose a machine that is easy to use, such as a superautomatic espresso machine. These machines are user-friendly and can be learned quickly.
Automatic machines are also easy to use and typically have a lower price tag. On the other hand, if you want your employees to have more control over each drink or are running a specialty coffee shop, a semi-automatic machine may be a better choice.
Research the reputation of the brands you are considering and read reviews from other users to get a sense of the reliability and performance of their machines.
Why Are Some Espresso Machines So Expensive?
There are several factors that can contribute to the cost of an espresso machine. Some of the most significant include:
- Materials: High-quality espresso machines are often made from durable materials such as stainless steel or brass, which can add to the cost of the machine.
- Build quality: Well-made espresso machines tend to be more expensive due to the attention to detail and quality craftsmanship that goes into their construction.
- Features: Espresso machines with advanced features, such as temperature control, pressure gauges, and built-in grinders, tend to be more expensive.
- Brand reputation: Some espresso machine brands have a reputation for producing high-quality machines, and this reputation can be reflected in the price.
- Volume production: Mass-produced espresso machines tend to be less expensive than those that are made in smaller quantities.
Overall, the cost of an espresso machine can vary widely depending on the specific features and materials used. High-end machines are often more expensive, but they can also offer a higher level of performance and durability.
How Much Pressure Do I Need For Espresso?
Espresso is made by forcing hot water through finely ground coffee beans using steam or pump pressure. The ideal pressure for espresso is around 9 bar (130 psi), which is the pressure at which the water is forced through the coffee grounds.
It is important to note that the pressure used to make espresso is not the same as the pressure used to brew coffee using other methods, such as drip brewing or French press. Espresso requires much higher pressure to extract the flavors and oils from the coffee beans.
While 9 bar is the ideal pressure for making espresso, it is possible to extract a decent shot at a slightly lower or higher pressure. However, the taste of the espresso may be affected by deviations from the ideal pressure, with shots extracted at a lower pressure tending to taste weak and watery, and shots extracted at a higher pressure tending to taste overly strong and bitter.
How Do Italian Espresso Machines Work?
The brewing process of an Italian espresso machine works in much the same way as any other espresso machine. Most Italian espresso machines have a built-in water tank, but some can connect directly to a water line rather than drawing stale water from a removable water tank. They then draw the water into an appropriate boiler and heat it to the right temperature. To ensure a consistent source and quality of water, they usually also have a water filter.
The pump creates at least nine bars of pressure, but more often than not, compressed coffee grounds are used to push the water through the package. This constant pressure extracts more flavor and creates the best espresso possible.
They use either a rotary pump or an oscillating pump to create constant pressure. In the case of double pots, the water is drawn into the correct pot, depending on which one is doing the job. The water is heated to 200°C for espresso extraction and 212°C for steamed milk preparation. This gives the machine the flexibility to do both jobs simultaneously and successfully. With single-boiler machines, you have to wait for the water to heat up or cool down before you can do what you need to do because the same boiler does both tasks.
The integrity of the pressure, temperature, and water source are crucial for excellent espresso, which is why Italian espresso machines are built with better quality, as this overall integrity is built to provide and cost more.
Most Italian espresso machines use a saturated group head, which means they are exposed directly to the boiler. They are more expensive and harder to repair, but they last much longer than semi-saturated group heads and they offer more stable pressure, heat, and consistency.
Most Italian espresso machines also include a steam nozzle. These wands are fully articulated and positioned on the side of the machine, making it easy to steam milk while making espresso. This flexibility and versatility allow for a better user experience but can also result in a steep learning curve.
Italian espresso machines, regardless of the number of boilers or group heads, have an ergonomic design that makes them much more efficient. This offers a more user-friendly experience than many other manufacturers.
How To Clean A Stovetop Coffee Maker
Here are some steps you can follow to clean a stovetop coffee maker (also known as a moka pot):
- Disassemble the moka pot: Remove the upper and lower chambers, the filter basket, and the gasket (the rubber ring around the filter basket).
- Rinse the parts: Rinse the parts under warm water to remove any coffee grounds or residue.
- Scrub the parts: Use a soft sponge or brush to scrub the inside of the upper and lower chambers, as well as the filter basket. Be sure to remove any coffee grounds or stains.
- Rinse again: Rinse the parts thoroughly to remove any soap or coffee grounds.
- Dry the parts: Dry the parts thoroughly before reassembling the moka pot.
- Reassemble the moka pot: Put the gasket, filter basket, and lower chamber back into place, and then attach the upper chamber.
- Run a cleaning cycle: Fill the lower chamber with water, and then place the moka pot on the stove over medium heat. As the water boils and the steam pressure builds, it will push the water through the upper chamber. Discard the water when the cleaning cycle is complete.
- Repeat if necessary: If the moka pot is heavily soiled, you may need to repeat the cleaning process a few times to fully remove all the stains and residue.
By following these steps, you can effectively clean your stovetop coffee maker and ensure that it is ready to use the next time you want to brew a delicious cup of coffee.
Also Read: How to Descale the Coffee Machine
Best Italian Commercial Espresso Machine | Infographic
Best Italian Commercial Espresso Machine | Video
Why Does Espresso Taste Better In Italy?
There are several factors that could contribute to the perception that espresso tastes better in Italy. Some possible explanations include:
- Water quality: The taste of coffee can be affected by the quality of the water used to brew it. Italy has strict regulations regarding the quality of its drinking water, which may contribute to the overall taste of the espresso.
- Bean quality: The quality of the coffee beans used to make the espresso can also affect the taste. Italian coffee roasters are known for using high-quality beans that are carefully sourced and roasted to bring out their full flavor potential.
- Machine maintenance: Espresso machines that are well-maintained and in good working order can produce better-tasting espresso. In Italy, it is common for baristas to carefully maintain their espresso machines, which could contribute to the overall quality of the espresso.
- Cultural appreciation: Finally, it's worth noting that the Italian culture places a strong emphasis on the enjoyment of coffee, and this appreciation for the beverage may contribute to the perception that espresso tastes better in Italy.
Why Buy An Italian Espresso Machine?
Italian espresso machines offer exceptional taste, ease of use, and extreme consistency. This means you get a high-quality espresso that you can enjoy yourself or add to your cappuccino or latte. Conversely, you may be interested in the best-iced coffee makers.
What Do Italians Use For Espresso?
In Italy, espresso is traditionally made using a machine called a "caffettiera," which is Italian for "coffee maker." There are several types of caffettiere, including manual and semi-automatic machines, which use steam or pump pressure to force hot water through finely ground coffee to produce a concentrated espresso shot.
Moka pots, also known as stove top espresso makers, are also commonly used to make espresso in Italy. These pots use steam pressure to force hot water through ground coffee to produce a concentrated, espresso-like coffee.
Both espresso machines and Moka pots are popular in Italy due to their simplicity and affordability. Pod or capsule coffee machines, which use pre-packaged coffee pods or capsules to make a single serving of coffee, have also gained popularity in Italy in recent years.
How Much Do Commercial Espresso Machines Cost?
Commercial espresso machines range in price from 500 to 3,000 Dollars. Espresso Parts offers a range of commercial espresso machines for all types of coffee, coffee shops, and coffee services, for all budgets.
How Long Does A Commercial Espresso Machine Last?
Commercial espresso machines are built to withstand daily service and can last 7-10 years before needing major repair or replacement.
Is Bialetti Better Than Grosche?
It's difficult to say definitively whether Bialetti or Grosche is the better brand, as personal preferences can vary when it comes to coffee makers. Both Bialetti and Grosche produce a range of coffee makers, including moka pots and pour-over coffee makers, and both brands have their own unique features and designs.
Bialetti is perhaps best known for its moka pots, which are stovetop espresso makers that use steam pressure to force hot water through ground coffee to produce a concentrated, espresso-like coffee. Bialetti moka pots are popular due to their simplicity, affordability, and durability.
Grosche, on the other hand, produces a range of coffee makers, including pour-over coffee makers, French press coffee makers, and cold brew coffee makers. Grosche's products are known for their high-quality materials and innovative designs.
Ultimately, the decision of which brand to choose will depend on your personal preferences and needs. You may want to consider factors such as the type of coffee you prefer, the brewing method you prefer, and your budget when deciding which brand is best for you.
What About Lever Espresso Machines?
Lever espresso machines are really beautiful and fun to use. However, they do have some unique challenges, especially when it comes to espresso shot stability. That's why we only recommend Lever espresso machines to high-end coffee shops and espresso bars that are up for the challenge.
Do You Recommend Super-automatic Espresso Machines?
Espresso machines that grind the beans and extract the coffee, all at the touch of a button, are designed primarily for convenience, but rarely for quality. For this reason, we generally do not recommend super-automatic espresso machines.
What Else Should I Budget For?
While the espresso machine is a central part of the coffee experience, it's not the only tool you need. Include in your budget a conical grinder (ideally dedicated to espresso), cups, saucers, shot glasses, and a milk jug.
Is the Commercial Espresso Machine Size Important?
Is a larger espresso machine better? Not necessarily, no. The optimal size of an espresso machine depends on your preferences.
Yes, larger espresso machines tend to have more bells and whistles. And some of them can be very convenient. For example, double boiler machines are larger than single boilers and can boil milk and make espresso at the same time.
However, as a general rule, the size of an espresso machine has nothing to do with the quality of the espresso it can produce. So, if you don't have a lot of room in your kitchen, don't feel like you're doing yourself a favor by buying a compact espresso machine.
In fact, much of the volume of most coffee makers come from the size of the water tank. Indeed, a large water tank is convenient because you don't have to refill it as often, but as a chore, pouring water into your coffee maker isn't so bad.
So look for an espresso maker that fits your kitchen and I promise you that the quality of your espresso won't suffer.
What Is The Number One Coffee In Italy?
Espresso is the most popular type of coffee in Italy. In fact, the word "espresso" is derived from the Italian word "esprimere," which means "to express." Espresso is made by forcing hot water through finely-ground coffee beans using steam or pump pressure, producing a concentrated coffee shot with a thick, creamy texture and a strong flavor.
Espresso is traditionally served in small quantities (usually about 1-2 ounces) in a demitasse cup and is often enjoyed on its own or as the base for other coffee drinks such as cappuccinos, lattes, and Americanos.
While espresso is the most popular type of coffee in Italy, other types of coffee such as caffè Americano (espresso with hot water added to it to create a larger volume) and caffè latte (espresso with steamed milk) are also commonly consumed.
Italian commercial espresso machines are known for their durability, performance, and style. When choosing the best Italian commercial espresso machine, it is important to consider factors such as capacity, ease of use, quality of espresso, features, price, and brand reputation.
By considering these factors, you can find the perfect machine to meet the needs of your business and keep your customers coming back for more.
We hope you enjoy your espresso in the comfort of your home.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply