There is no need to compromise on cardboard juice when you own one of the best juicers available. These juicers are capable of extracting juice from fruits and vegetables and making deliciously concentrated juice.
With these juicers, you know exactly what you have in your morning prep and you don’t have to worry about expiration dates because you can make the freshest juice possible.
The best juicers have high yields, so there is less waste. A good juicer is also easy to use and can be cleaned in a short time, which is difficult with some appliances.
Also Read: Best Ice Cream Maker For Home
Best Juicer For Hard Vegetables
Types of Juicers
Centrifugal Juicers, like food processors and blenders, are used to process fruits and vegetables. Inside the juicer, high-speed rotating discs and blades shred the material into small pieces. Centrifugal force from the rotation sends the shredded material through a mesh filter to the outer wall of the juicer chamber, where it is separated into juice and pulp. Juicers tend to be cheaper and faster than other types, especially those with large chutes that can process whole pieces. However, they are noisy, and the grinding process introduces oxygen, resulting in a somewhat foamy, rapidly oxidizing juice. However, most juicers have filters to prevent foaming of the juice, and oxidation is not a problem for those who intend to drink their juice fresh.
Unlike juicers that spin at high speed, an auger slowly grinds the ingredients and squeezes out the juice (i.e., “masticates”). Masticating juicers, sometimes called slow juicers, are ideal for foods with low juice content, such as leafy greens and herbs. Masticating juicers are quiet because of their low speed rotation, and they produce smooth, foam-free juice. However, they tend to be more labor intensive because the feed port is small and large fruits and vegetables must be cut first. Centrifugal juicers generally have the same basic shape, but masticating juicers can be horizontal or vertical.
Cold-press juicer is another name for some masticating or slow-press juicers. These juicers (also called centrifugal juicers) do not use high-speed rotating blades that generate heat. Some believe that exposure to the heat of the rotating blades reduces the amount of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients in fresh juice. There are no studies showing that one method is better than another, but cold-pressed juices are often sold at much higher prices than other juices. Some people prefer the taste and texture of cold-pressed juices, which are smoother and less foamy than juices made in a centrifuge.
Best Juicer For Hard Vegetables | Comparison Table 2023
5-Stars Pick | Great Price | High Quality
|Omega Juicer J8006HDC Slow Masticating Cold Press Vegetable and Fruit Juice Extractor and Nutrition System, Triple Stage, 200-Watts, Chrome||Omega||Check Price|
|Greenstar GSE-5000 Cold Press Complete Masticating Slow Juicer, Jumbo, White||Tribest||Check Price|
|Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus Centrifugal Juicer, Brushed Stainless Steel||Breville||Check Price|
|Hurom H101 Easy Clean Slow Juicer - Pearl Black||Hurom||Check Price|
|Hamilton Beach Juicer Machine, Big Mouth Large 3” Feed Chute for Whole Fruits and Vegetables, Easy to Clean, Centrifugal Extractor, BPA Free, 800W Motor, Black||Hamilton Beach||Check Price|
|Tribest SW-2000-B Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer, Red and Black||Tribest||Check Price|
|Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor||Cuisinart||Check Price|
|Breville BJE830BSS Juice Founatin Cold XL Centrifugal Juicer, Brushed Stainless Steel||Breville||Check Price|
|Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite Centrifugal Juicer, Brushed Stainless Steel||Breville||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Juicer For Hard Vegetables | Reviews 2023
1. Omega Best Juicer For Hard Vegetables
- ECONOMICAL VEGETABLE AND FRUIT JUICE EXTRACTION - The powerful squeezing action of the triple stage auger produces high juice yield from minimum amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and wheatgrass
- COLD PRESS JUICER TECHNOLOGY - 80 RPM low speed minimizes heat build-up and oxidation so you get more nutrients in every glass
- JUICE MACHINE THATS ALSO A NUTRITION SYSTEM - A full wellness system to make baby food, nut butters and milks, pasta and sorbets
- SLOW JUICER WITH QUIET OPERATION - Less noise compared to high-speed juicers
- AN EASY TO USE EASY TO CLEAN JUICER - Simple to use and easy to clean with a sink rinse or on top rack of dishwasher
- Slow Masticating Cold Press Vegetable and Fruit Juice Extractor and Nutrition System, Triple Stage, 200-Watts, Chrome
The Omega J8006HDC Cold Press Juicer Machine is a versatile and high-quality kitchen tool that can help you extract the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, and flavor from fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and wheatgrass. This juice maker machine operates at a slow 80 RPMs to minimize heat buildup and oxidation, promoting maximum nutrient extraction and healthy enzymes.
One of the standout features of this electric juicer is its triple-stage masticating technology, which allows for maximum flavor and nutrient extraction. Additionally, the juicer has 3 pressure settings, designed to ensure maximum juice output and extraction. The juicer also has an automatic pulp ejection system that allows you to enjoy continuous juicing, making it easy to use.
- Slow 80 RPMs minimize heat buildup and oxidation for maximum nutrient extraction.
- Triple-stage masticating technology for maximum flavor and nutrient extraction.
- Adjustable end cap with 3 pressure settings for maximum juice output.
- Automatic pulp ejection system for continuous juicing.
- A versatile kitchen tool that can also make nut butter, pasta, grind coffee and spices, mince herbs, make baby food, frozen desserts and soy milk.
- Not for heavy-duty juicing
- Can be difficult to clean.
- Expensive compared to other juicers.
2. Greenstar GSE-5000 Best Juicer For Hard Vegetables
- Produces Fresher Juice with Twin Gears: Revolutionary stainless-steel twin gears with unique points replicate the human mastication system; Pocket recesses and cutting positions aid in grinding and juice extraction for a higher quality juice
- Electric Juice Extractor: Assures higher nutritional content and fresher-tasting juices by preserving living enzymes, vitamins, and preventing nutrient degradation
- Versatile Capacity: Creates delicious dishes like frozen sorbets, nut butters, and salsas, or make your own pasta noodles with the optional pasta nozzles; This food processor is ideal for making delicious desserts or snacks
- Easy to Clean: The simple-to-assemble design of this slow masticating juicer allows for easy cleaning; the juice maker comes with a cleaning brush
- Set Includes: Fine and coarse screen, homogenizing and breadstick blank, glass juice pitcher, twin gear set with drive and free wheel gear, cleaning brush, plastic and wooden plungers, drip tray, strainer, and a user manual
- Cold Press Complete Masticating Slow Juicer, Jumbo, White
The Tribest Greenstar GSE-5000 Elite Slow Masticating Juicer is a high-quality juice extractor that is designed to produce fresher juice with its revolutionary stainless-steel twin gears. These twin gears have unique points that replicate the human mastication system, which helps to grind and extract juice for a higher quality juice. The pocket recesses and cutting positions of the twin gears aid in this process, ensuring that you get the most out of your fruits and vegetables.
One of the key features of this juicer is its ability to preserve living enzymes, and vitamins, and prevent nutrient degradation. This is achieved through its electric juice extraction process, which ensures that the juice you get is of the highest nutritional content and fresher tasting. Additionally, this juicer is versatile in its capacity, allowing you to create a variety of delicious dishes like frozen sorbets, nut butter, and salsas, or even make your own pasta noodles with the optional pasta nozzles.
- Produces fresher juice with twin gears
- Electric juice extraction preserves living enzymes and vitamins
- Versatile capacity for creating a variety of dishes
- Easy to clean with a simple-to-assemble design
- Comes with a variety of accessories and attachments
- The color is white which may not fit everyone’s aesthetic
- It is manual, it may take more effort to use
- The material is plastic, some people may prefer a different material.
3. Breville JE98XL Top Juicer For Hard Vegetables
- The Breville Juice Fountain Plus is the perfect way to get yourself into the world of juicing; This centrifugal juicer features a 3 inch extra wide fruit chute, dual speeds, lightning-quick operation and simple clean up
- UNIQUE EXTRACTION SYSTEM: The Breville juicers titanium reinforced disc and Italian-made micro mesh filter basket are made out of stainless steel and together are designed for optimum juice and nutrient extraction
- SHORT PREP TIME: The juicers unique 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- BUILT-IN FROTH SEPARATOR: Certain fruits or vegetables create froth when juiced; The juice jug features an integrated froth separator to pour more juice, less froth into the glass
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: The power cord wraps around its feet under the base and the pulp container is detachable making the blender easy to store
- TWO SPEED CONTROL: Use the low speed for softer fruits and leafy vegetables, and the high speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: 35.2 fl oz Juice Jug with Froth Separator and Cleaning Brush
- CAPACITY: 35.2 fl oz Juice Jug and 2.6 qt Pulp Container
- SETTINGS: Two Speed Electronic Control
- WARRANTY: 1 Year Limited Product Warranty; Power: 850 Watts; Voltage: 110 to 120 Volts
- Extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute can create 8oz. cup of juice in just 5 seconds
- 850-watt dual-speed motor; powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results
- Safety locking arm; overload protection LED; large-capacity pulp collector
- Dishwasher-safe parts; includes 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
- Measures approximately 13-1/5 by 16-1/2 by 18-1/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
- Juice Fountain Plus Centrifugal Juicer, Brushed Stainless Steel
The Breville Juice Fountain Plus Juicer is a powerful and efficient way to get into the world of juicing. This centrifugal juicer is made of brushed stainless steel and features a 3-inch extra wide fruit chute, dual speeds, and a unique extraction system for optimum juice and nutrient extraction. The titanium reinforced disc and Italian-made micro mesh filter basket work together to extract the maximum amount of juice from your fruits and vegetables, while the built-in froth separator ensures that you pour more juice and less froth into your glass.
The juicer's 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting, saving you time and effort in the kitchen. The power cord wraps around its feet under the base and the pulp container is detachable, making the blender easy to store.
- Unique extraction system for optimum juice and nutrient extraction
- Short prep time with the 3-inch extra wide chute feed
- Built-in froth separator to pour more juice, less froth
- Convenient storage with a detachable pulp container
- Two-speed control for different types of fruits and vegetables
- Some users may find the size of the juicer too large
- Some users may find the price of the juicer too high
- Some users may find the cleaning of the juicer can be time-consuming.
4. Hurom H101 Easy Clean Slow Juicer - Pearl Black
- Scrub-Free Cleaning: Say goodbye to small holes on the strainer that you had to scrub to remove pulp. With the new strainers with large, elongated grooves, simply rinse the parts in water.
- Tilted Chamber & Juice Outlet: The 3-degree tilt inside the chamber and juice outlet will let you more easily pour out the juice and leave less mess inside the juicer.
- Pulp Outlet: Pulp outlet will open 180 degrees so that you can easily flush out any remaining pulp inside the chamber.
- Slow Squeeze Technology: The H101 Easy Clean Slow Juicer rotates at a speed of just 43 revolutions per minute to mimic the motion of a hand squeezing juice. This patented Slow Squeeze Technology ensures your juice stays fresh and in its most natural state .
- Taste & Pulp Control: We’ve spent decades perfecting our juicers for taste. Juice created with a Hurom slow juicer is fresh, unprocessed and pure. The H101 Easy Clean Slow Juicer also comes with a control lever and a fine and coarse strainer that allow you to control the amount of pulp to suit your taste.
The Hurom H101 Easy Clean Slow Juicer in Pearl Black is a top-of-the-line juicer that is designed to make the juicing process as easy and convenient as possible. One of the standout features of this juicer is its scrub-free cleaning design. Unlike traditional juicers that have small holes on the strainer that can be difficult to clean, the H101 Easy Clean Slow Juicer has large, elongated grooves that can be easily rinsed clean with water.
Another convenient feature of this juicer is its tilted chamber and juice outlet. The 3-degree tilt inside the chamber and juice outlet makes it easy to pour out the juice and leaves less mess inside the juicer. Additionally, the pulp outlet can open 180 degrees, allowing you to easily flush out any remaining pulp inside the chamber.
- Scrub-free cleaning design with large, elongated grooves.
- Tilted chamber and juice outlet for easy pouring and less mess.
- Pulp outlet can open 180 degrees for easy flushing.
- Slow Squeeze Technology preserves the natural state of the juice.
- Control lever and fine and coarse strainer for customizable pulp levels.
- It may be expensive for some people.
- Some people may find it difficult to clean if not followed the instructions.
- It may not work for certain types of fruits and vegetables.
Also Read: Best Meat Slicers for Home Use
5. Hamilton Beach Juicer Machine
- Healthy, homemade juice in seconds- juice a variety of fruits and vegetables. Juicer is easy to assemble with extra-large pulp bin. Juice cup not included
- Extra-large 3 inch feed chute fits whole fruits and vegetables - Fit a whole apple, a peeled orange or a handful of kale. Less precutting, and more continuous juicing for fresh fruit juice, vegetable juice, or nutrient packed celery juice
- Easy to clean - Removable parts are dishwasher safe and BPA free
- Powerful electric motor for maximum juice: 800w of power can turn a dense beet into smooth juice in seconds
- 3 year limited from the bestselling juice extractor brand - Includes access to dedicated USA customer support team of Hamilton beach employees
- Big Mouth Large 3” Feed Chute for Whole Fruits and Vegetables, Easy to Clean, Centrifugal Extractor, BPA Free, 800W Motor, Black
The Hamilton Beach Juicer Machine is a high-quality appliance that is perfect for making healthy, homemade juice in seconds. This powerful machine features an extra-large 3-inch feed chute that can fit whole fruits and vegetables, so you don't have to spend time precutting your produce. With this large chute, you can juice a variety of fruits and vegetables, including apples, oranges, kale, and more.
One of the key benefits of this juicer is its ease of use. It is simple to assemble with an extra-large pulp bin, and all of the removable parts are dishwasher safe and BPA free. This makes cleaning up a breeze, so you can spend more time enjoying your fresh juice. Additionally, the 800w motor is powerful enough to turn even the densest beets into smooth juice in seconds.
- Healthy, homemade juice in seconds
- Extra-large 3 inch feed chute fits whole fruits and vegetables
- Easy to clean
- Powerful electric motor for maximum juice
- 3 year limited warranty
- Juice cup not included
- Plastic material
- Manual operation
6. Tribest SW-2000-B Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer
- ELECTRIC MASTICATING JUICER: Features a powerful 200 watt motor with a 47 RPM, 3-stage speed reduction gears that produce the equivalent amount of torque as a 9 HP motor, resulting in the best, fresh juices with minimal oxidation
- MINCING ATTACHMENT: Increase the versatility by turning it into a multi-purpose 2-in-1 tool with the included mincing attachment which allows you to create your favorite recipes like sorbets from frozen culmination, nut butters, pâté, entire food sauces and more
- SMOOTH AND SAFE: The Duoblade double-edged auger does twice the work and rapidly cuts and crushes your produce while producing higher yields with less pulp for blending and mincing to perfect consistency
- EASY TO CLEAN: Simple assembly allows easy cleaning. Detachable juice cap prevents leaks and drips while switching juice containers
- LIVE TRIBEST LIFE: At Tribest, we provide you with quality products that will energize your life. Our motto is Making healthy living easy and we ensure that with our latest innovations and quality products like juicers, blenders, sprouters, dehydrators and other wellness and specialty items
The Tribest Juicer Slowstar SW-2000-B is a vertical masticating cold press juicer and juice extractor that comes in a red and black color. Made from durable polycarbonate material, it has a powerful 200 watt motor with a 47 RPM, 3-stage speed reduction gears that produce the equivalent amount of torque as a 9 HP motor. This results in the best, fresh juices with minimal oxidation.
One of the unique features of this juicer is the included mincing attachment which allows you to create your favorite recipes like sorbets from frozen culmination, nut butters, pâté, entire food sauces and more. This expands the versatility of the juicer by turning it into a multi-purpose 2-in-1 tool. Additionally, the Duoblade double-edged auger does twice the work and rapidly cuts and crushes your produce while producing higher yields with less pulp for blending and mincing to perfect consistency.
- Powerful 200 watt motor with a 47 RPM, 3-stage speed reduction gears that produce the equivalent amount of torque as a 9 HP motor.
- Mincing attachment allows for versatility to create a variety of recipes.
- Duoblade double-edged auger cuts and crushes produce for higher yields with less pulp.
- Easy to clean with simple assembly.
- Detachable juice cap prevents leaks and drips while switching juice containers.
- Heavyweight (18 pounds)
- The color is just Red/Black
Also Read: Best Blender for Protein Shakes with Ice
7. Cuisinart CJE-1000
- 1000-watt 5-speed juice extractor with large 3-inch feeding chute
- Control dial with blue LED light ring; anti-drip adjustable flow spout; easy unlock and lift system
- Foam-reducing filter basket; die-cast and stainless-steel housing; dishwasher-safe parts
- Includes 2-liter pulp container, 1-quart juice pitcher, and cleaning brush
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Die-Cast Juice Extractor
The Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor is a powerful and versatile juice extractor that can easily handle a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. With a 1000-watt motor and 5 speed settings, this juice extractor can handle even the toughest produce with ease. The large 3-inch feeding chute allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without the need for pre-cutting, saving you time and effort.
The control dial comes with a blue LED light ring and an anti-drip adjustable flow spout, making it easy to use and clean. The easy unlock and lift system allows for quick and easy assembly and disassembly, while the foam-reducing filter basket ensures that you get the most juice out of your produce.
- Powerful 1000-watt motor with 5 speed settings.
- Large 3-inch feeding chute for whole fruits and vegetables.
- Anti-drip adjustable flow spout and easy unlock and lift system for easy use and cleaning.
- Foam-reducing filter basket for maximum juice extraction.
- Dishwasher-safe parts for easy cleaning.
- May be difficult to clean the pulp container.
- Heavyweight and take up a lot of space on the counter
- The product is built to North American Electrical Standards, so it may not work in other countries.
Also Read: Best Toaster Oven for Baking
8. Breville BJE830BSS Juicer
- The Breville Juice Fountain Cold XL features a bigger 3.5 inch feed chute and can extract 70 fl oz of nutrient rich juice up to five times faster than a cold press machine; Juicer equipped with Cold Spin Technology and Noise Reduction Technology
- COLD EXTRACTION SYSTEM: A Breville juicer with Cold Spin Technology and an Italian-made precision mesh filter, allows you to avoid damage to vitamins and minerals from heat and processing
- SHORT PREP TIME: The Breville Juice Fountain Cold XLs unique 3.5 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- SPACE SAVING DESIGN: With the pulp bin located behind the product base, the Juice Fountain Cold XL features a new and unique space saving design for a better use of your countertop space
- NOISE REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY: Imagine great performances that’s easier on the ear; Juicing on quiet setting reduces mechanical noise by 40%
- EXTRA LARGE SEAL AND STORE: Juice and seal in a XL 70 fl oz jug for the whole family or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- JUICE NOZZLE: Perfect for mess-free juicing straight into a glass; Simply invert the nozzle when finished to avoid juice drips
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: 70 fl oz Easy Seal Juice Jug with Froth Separator, Detachable Spout for Juicing Directly into Glass and Easy Cleaning Brush
- CAPACITY & SETTINGS: 70 fl oz Seal & Store Jug and 3.9 qt Pulp Container; Fast and variable speed settings allowing you to extract juice up to 5 times faster than a cold press
- WARRANTY: 1 Year Limited Product Warranty; Power: 1200 Watts; Voltage: 110 to 120 Volts
- Juice Founatin Cold XL Centrifugal Juicer, Brushed Stainless Steel
The Breville Juice Fountain Cold XL is a high-performance juicer that is designed to extract nutrient-rich juice quickly and efficiently. Made from brushed stainless steel, it has a sleek and modern design that will complement any kitchen.
One of the key features of this juicer is its Cold Spin Technology and Italian-made precision mesh filter, which helps to avoid damage to vitamins and minerals during the juicing process. This means that you can enjoy fresh juice that is packed with nutrients and flavor.
- Cold Spin Technology and Italian-made precision mesh filter preserve vitamins and minerals during juicing.
- 3.5-inch extra-wide chute feed for whole fruits and vegetables.
- Space-saving design with the pulp bin located behind the product base.
- Noise reduction technology for quieter operation.
- Extra-large seal and store jug that can hold up to 70 fl oz of juice.
- The price is relatively high.
- The pulp container is relatively small.
- It’s not a compact design and can take up some space in your kitchen.
Also Read: Best Food Processor for Nut Butters
9. Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite Centrifugal Juicer
- The Breville Juice Fountain Elite lets you embrace the power of professionals; A 1000 watt motor spins up to 13,000 RPMs to give you up to 30% more juice than traditional juicers; Over 40,000 filtering pores ensure smooth and delicious results every time
- Unique Extraction System: The Breville juicers titanium reinforced disc and Italian-made micro mesh filter basket are made out of stainless steel and together are designed for optimum juice and nutrient extraction
- Short Prep Time: The Breville juicer machines unique 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- Extra Large Containers: A juicer machine featuring a 35.2 fl oz juice jug with froth separator and 3.2 qt pulp container allow you to juice to your heart’s content
- Convenient Storage: The power cord wraps around its feet under the base and the pulp container is detachable making the blender easy to store
- Two Speed Control: Use the low speed for softer fruits and leafy vegetables, and the high speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables
- Dishwasher Safe: The juicer cover, stainless steel filter bowl, puree disc and juice jug are all safe to go into your dishwasher
- Included Accessories: 35.2 fl oz Juice Jug with Froth Separator, 3.2 qt Pulp Container and Easy Clean Brush
- Capacity: 35.2 fl oz Juice Jug and 3.2 qt Pulp Container
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Product Warranty; Power: 1000 Watts; Voltage: 110 to 120 Volts
The Breville Juice Fountain Elite Juicer is a powerful and efficient way to extract juice from fruits and vegetables. With a 1000 watt motor that spins up to 13,000 RPM's, this juicer can give you up to 30% more juice than traditional juicers. The unique extraction system, which includes a titanium reinforced disc and an Italian-made micro mesh filter basket, is designed to extract the maximum amount of juice and nutrients from your produce. The 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without the need for pre-cutting, saving you time and effort.
The juicer also has a large capacity, with a 35.2 fl oz juice jug that comes with a froth separator and a 3.2 qt pulp container, allowing you to juice to your heart's content. The juicer is also designed for convenience, with a power cord that wraps around its feet under the base and a detachable pulp container for easy storage. The two-speed control gives you the option to use a low speed for softer fruits and leafy vegetables, or a high speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables.
- High power motor for efficient juice extraction
- Unique extraction system for optimum juice and nutrient extraction
- 3 inch extra wide chute feed for ease of use
- Large juice and pulp capacity
- Two-speed control for versatility
- High power consumption
- May be difficult to clean
- Higher cost compared to some other juicers on the market.
Also Read: Best Milk Steamer for Home Use
How To Choose The Best Juicer For Hard Vegetables | Ultimate Guide 2023
As mentioned above, masticating juicers are slower than centrifugal juicers, but speed is not a requirement for juicing.
Most juicers have only two speeds, so it is best to choose one speed for soft fruits and vegetables and two speeds for hard vegetables such as carrots. Most masticating juicers have a reverse gear, which is very useful for unclogging.
Juicers used for hard vegetables such as carrots and beets are generally preferred to have powerful motors. However, if noise is a concern, models with power consumption up to 150 W are recommended.
Size and Weight
The size and weight of your new juicer is important, as a model that is too large may not fit in your kitchen.
Therefore, take into account how much space you have on your kitchen worktop to place your new juicer and its weight, especially if you will need to take it out of the cupboard and put it back every time you use it.
If you don't want to spend a lot of time preparing vegetables, look for a juicer with a large input port. A juicer with a large external feed port allows you to add whole apples, carrots, and other vegetables so you don't have to chop them all up first. However, some models require some prep work, such as peeling vegetables or coring apples.
Easy to maintain
Some people don't mind cleaning, but many prefer easy, hassle-free maintenance. If you know you are unlikely to use a juicer that is a pain to clean, choose one that is as easy to maintain as possible. If this is important to you, read our guide to the best juicers that are easy to clean.
If this is a concern for you, choose a centrifugal juicer. This is because they are easy to disassemble and clean, and most of the parts that come in contact with the food and juice can be washed in a dishwasher.
Masticating juicers are very messy to clean. Please keep this in mind when making your decision. In fact, no matter how much you love your juicer, if it becomes a chore to clean, you will stop using it more and more. Before you know it, it will be sitting in your wardrobe, taking too long to use.
Also Read: Best Pizzelle Makers
Additional Accessories and Attachments
As mentioned above, some of the juicers introduced here, like the Omega Juicer CUBE300S, can be used for many other things besides juicing. These juicers include all the accessories you need to make a variety of things.
However, many of these juicers have a few things in common. Most come with a container or jug to collect the juice and a pusher to move fruits and vegetables that get stuck in the chute. Some also come with a cleaning brush or scraper for easy cleaning.
When it comes to noise, centrifugal juicers cannot be ignored. They are fast, powerful, and loud. Using this juicer in the early morning could wake up everyone in the house.
In contrast, masticating juicers are surprisingly quiet. Because it spins slowly and steadily, it does not make much noise and is not disturbing at all.
Of course, the quietest juicers are the simple ones. Manual and mechanical options are super quiet and won't disturb anyone.
This is another very important thing to consider before deciding which type of juicer to buy. We mentioned that masticating juicers are significantly more expensive than centrifugal juicers, but you really need to consider the warranty information. Why? Because masticating juicers are covered under warranty for much, much longer than centrifugal juicers.
There is a fairly obvious reason for this. Centrifugal juicers operate at a higher operating speed, which means more wear and tear on the internals. Of course, the warranty period is shorter than with the slow masticating type.
Also Read: Best Electric Tea Kettle for Hard Water
Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your juicer.
- If your juicer does not come with a collection bowl, choose a container that fits properly. Otherwise, your workbench will be covered in juice.
- Soft fruits such as bananas and kiwis work best when alternated with high fiber foods such as apples and carrots. Fiber helps the soft fruits pass through.
- If using a juicer, remember to drink the juice immediately. Juice from masticating juicers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 72 hours.
- Highly pigmented vegetables, such as beets and carrots, are less likely to stain if a little lemon is added to finish the juice.
- Clean the juicer thoroughly after each use. This includes wiping down anything that comes in contact with food or juice, as well as wiping down surfaces to remove any sticky residue. Remember, it is best to clean while the waste is still wet. Once it sits, it will dry out and become increasingly difficult to remove.
- If you use your juicer multiple times a day, it is best to remove removable parts, store them in a container or plastic wrap in the refrigerator between uses, and clean thoroughly after the last juice of the day.
- For food that has stuck to it, give it a quick soak in warm water and then scrub it again. Metal parts may rust, so do not leave them soaking for too long.
- Do not put items in the dishwasher if the manufacturer does not say they are dishwasher-safe.
- This is a quick way to void your warranty.
- Most juicers come with a cleaning brush, but for a thorough cleaning you will need to use some additional tools. For example, a toothbrush or disused nail brush is ideal for removing debris from small crevices. You will also need a soft scraping tool, a soft cloth, and easy access to hot water.
- Always unplug the juicer before beginning to disassemble it.
- Do not discard the pulp immediately. Depending on the contents, it can often be used for baking.
- Otherwise, it makes excellent compost.
Best Juicer For Hard Vegetables | Video Explanation
How many speeds?
The higher the speeds, the more control the user has. Low speed corresponds to soft vegetables and fruits (spinach, oranges, plums, grapes, tomatoes); high speed corresponds to hard vegetables and fruits (apples, carrots, celery).
What is the diameter of the feed chute?
The wider the feed chute, the less time is needed to cut the food into small pieces. A chute diameter of 2 to 3 inches is common for inexpensive models, but wider is not always better.
What about noise pollution?
Like most blenders, these machines make some noise (especially at high speeds). But not all of them do. Chewing juicers are quieter, producing less than 60 decibels, which is about the volume of a normal conversation.
What about a warranty?
Like any other appliance, you may want to make sure your juicer has a good warranty. Not sure which parts are covered? Contact the manufacturer and they should be able to help you out.
Saving money or wasting money?
If your juicer is a regular part of your fitness routine, investing in a top-of-the-line model can cost $500 or more. A wider feed chute, multiple speed options, and higher quality parts are among the features of the more expensive machines. But if your juicing needs are occasional, you can always try one for under $100.
How much does a juicer cost?
The prices of juicers vary considerably. Of the juicers listed in the ranking, prices range from around $90 to $600. There are also a variety of juicers ranging from small ones costing as little as $30 to those costing thousands of dollars. Professional juicers, such as those used in restaurants and smoothie stores, can cost tens of thousands of dollars.
When purchasing a home juicer, consider how you will use it and what features are important to you. If you are new to juicing or only juice sporadically, you may prefer to purchase an inexpensive machine. However, if you drink fresh juice every day, you may want to invest in a more expensive juicer with a longer warranty. Also, masticating juicers, which are generally more expensive than centrifugal juicers, are better suited for green and yellow vegetables such as kale and wheatgrass.
Fresh Juice is a 15-minute nutritional express for good health.
Many of us have poor digestion and a reduced ability to absorb vegetable nutrients. Fresh juice is said to be a 15-minute nutritional express for health because it goes directly into the bloodstream. However, commercial juices are pasteurized and therefore contain few nutrients.
Juicing is a great way to incorporate a variety of fruits and vegetables into your diet.
Many of us eat the same fruits and vegetables every day, or worse yet, don't even eat them regularly! Juicing allows us to enjoy a variety of vegetables, even those we don't like to eat whole. Juicing is also a great way to meet your recommended daily vegetable intake.
The health benefits of fresh juice are tremendous.
By regularly consuming freshly squeezed vegetable juices that are highly alkaline, you will notice improved energy levels, digestion, mental clarity, clearer skin, and an overall sense of well-being.
Is it true that juices do not contain fiber?
There are two types of dietary fiber: soluble fiber and insoluble fiber. Fresh juice contains a very high amount of soluble fiber, which is easily absorbed by the body. Insoluble fiber remains in the juice, allowing the body to rest the digestive process and focus on absorbing minerals and vitamins. If you need more insoluble fiber, consume more whole grains and legumes.
What is the difference between a masticating juicer and a centrifugal juicer?
Masticating juicers and centrifugal juicers are two common types of juicers that work in different ways to extract juice from fruits and vegetables.
Centrifugal juicers use a fast-spinning blade to chop up the fruits and vegetables and then use centrifugal force to separate the juice from the pulp. The juice is pushed through a mesh strainer and collected in a container, while the pulp is ejected into a separate container. Centrifugal juicers work quickly and are generally less expensive than masticating juicers. However, they can be noisy and produce heat, which can affect the nutrient content of the juice.
Masticating juicers, on the other hand, use a slower crushing or grinding mechanism to extract juice from fruits and vegetables. The produce is pushed through a chute and crushed or ground by a rotating auger or gear. The juice is then squeezed out and collected in a container, while the pulp is ejected into a separate container. Masticating juicers work more slowly than centrifugal juicers, but they produce a higher yield of juice and can handle a wider variety of produce, including leafy greens and wheatgrass. They are also generally quieter and produce less heat, which can help preserve the nutrient content of the juice.
Overall, the choice between a masticating juicer and a centrifugal juicer will depend on your personal preferences and needs. If you want a juicer that can handle a wider variety of produce and produces a higher yield of juice, a masticating juicer may be the better choice. However, if you're looking for a more affordable and fast option for juicing harder fruits and vegetables, a centrifugal juicer may be a better choice.
Are masticating juicers really better?
Many people prefer masticating juicers because the juice is thicker and less foamy than with centrifugal juicers. Masticating juicers also tend to produce more juice and get the most out of fruits and vegetables.
If you want to get the maximum amount of juice," Petrucci says, "it's definitely better than a centrifugal juicer, because it's more thorough in extracting the juice. The masticating juicer is very versatile: "It can be used to cut up meat, make nut butter, and so on.
However, masticating juicers tend to be more expensive, so they may not be a good option for some budgets. Centrifugal juicers generally produce juice faster and are more economical. Ultimately, the best juicer really depends on what you are trying to put in and take out.
Can I use it for beets?
Most juicers that can process carrots can also process beet, but be sure to check the specific information in the manufacturer's manual to see if your juicer is compatible with this task.
Can it be used for soft fruits?
Yes, juicers can be used for soft fruits as well as hard fruits and vegetables. However, the type of juicer you use may depend on the type of soft fruit you want to juice.
Centrifugal juicers are generally better suited for juicing soft fruits like citrus, berries, and melons. They have a high-speed spinning blade that quickly extracts the juice but can struggle with tougher fruits and vegetables.
Masticating juicers, on the other hand, are slower and use a crushing or grinding machine to extract juice, making them better suited for juicing soft fruits like grapes, tomatoes, and bananas. They can also handle harder fruits and vegetables, so they are a more versatile option overall.
When juicing soft fruits, it's important to remove any seeds or pits and to cut the fruit into smaller pieces to prevent clogging the juicer. It's also a good idea to alternate between soft and hard produce to help keep the juicer running smoothly and ensure a more even juice extraction.
How do I choose a commercial carrot juicer?
If you want to enjoy professional-quality juice at a juice bar or at home, choosing a commercial juicer can be more difficult than with consumer models. Professional juicers often differ from their home counterparts in motor and construction, with the most significant difference being that the former is much more powerful. This means they can easily use larger quantities of fruits and vegetables. Check the power of the motor and choose a model with a robust motor and overheat protection. Other features to consider when buying a commercial carrot juicer are noise level and speed of extraction.
Does the juice come out with the pulp?
The amount of pulp in the juice varies from user to user. Many models have various strainers that filter the juice to remove most of the pulp, but you may choose to leave some in the glass, especially if you are interested in including good fiber content in your drink.
Which juicer is best for hard vegetables?
When it comes to juicing hard vegetables like carrots, beets, and celery, it is important to choose a juicer that is powerful enough to handle these dense and fibrous ingredients. There are two main types of juicers that are well-suited for juicing hard vegetables: centrifugal juicers and masticating juicers.
Centrifugal juicers use high-speed blades to chop and extract juice from fruits and vegetables. They are typically more affordable and faster than masticating juicers, but may not extract as much juice and can sometimes produce a slightly lower-quality juice with more foam.
Masticating juicers, also known as slow or cold press juicers, use a slower process to extract juice by crushing and squeezing the produce. They are generally more expensive but produce a higher-quality juice with more nutrients and less oxidation. They are also better at extracting juice from leafy greens.
Based on these factors, the best juicer for hard vegetables would likely be a masticating juicer. Some popular options include the Omega J8006HDS, Hurom H-AA Slow Juicer, and Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite.
That being said, if you are on a tight budget or don't have the space for a masticating juicer, a centrifugal juicer can still get the job done effectively. Some good options in this category include the Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain and the Hamilton Beach 67608A Big Mouth Juice Extractor.
Which juicer is best for carrot and beetroot juice?
Carrots and beetroots are both hard vegetables that require a powerful juicer to extract the maximum amount of juice. When it comes to juicing these vegetables, a masticating juicer is generally considered the best choice.
Masticating juicers, also known as slow or cold press juicers, use a slower process to extract juice by crushing and squeezing the produce. They are generally more expensive but produce a higher-quality juice with more nutrients and less oxidation. They are also better at extracting juice from leafy greens and other tough produce like carrots and beetroots.
Some popular masticating juicers that are well-suited for juicing carrots and beetroots include the Omega J8006HDS, Hurom H-AA Slow Juicer, and Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite. These juicers have a powerful motor and a slow, gentle juicing process that is ideal for getting the most juice out of hard vegetables.
That being said, if you don't have the budget or space for a masticating juicer, a centrifugal juicer can still produce good carrot and beetroot juice. Look for a centrifugal juicer with a powerful motor and multiple speed settings, such as the Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain or the Hamilton Beach 67608A Big Mouth Juice Extractor.
What vegetables should not be juiced?
While juicing is a great way to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet, there are certain vegetables that should not be juiced or should be used sparingly. Here are some examples:
- Potatoes: Raw potatoes contain a toxic compound called solanine, which can cause digestive issues and even lead to illness if consumed in large quantities.
- Eggplant: Raw eggplant contains a compound called solanine, which can be toxic if consumed in large amounts. Cooking eggplant breaks down the solanine and makes it safe to eat.
- Rhubarb: The leaves of the rhubarb plant contain high levels of oxalic acid, which can be toxic if consumed in large amounts. The stalks are safe to eat and can be used in juices, but the leaves should be avoided.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are high in starch and can be difficult to juice. They can also cause clogging in the juicer.
- Kale and other cruciferous vegetables: While these vegetables are highly nutritious, they can be tough to digest when raw and may cause gas and bloating. It's best to cook them before juicing or blend them with other fruits and vegetables to make a smoothie.
- Spinach and Swiss chard: These vegetables contain high levels of oxalic acid, which can cause kidney stones if consumed in large amounts. It's best to use them in moderation.
In general, it's important to be mindful of the types and amounts of vegetables you are juicing to avoid any potential health risks. It's also a good idea to rotate your vegetable choices to ensure a varied and balanced nutrient intake.
Which is better beetroot or beetroot juice?
Both beetroot and beetroot juice is nutritious and offer health benefits, but they have some differences in terms of their nutritional content and how they affect the body.
Beetroot is a root vegetable that is low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It contains compounds called nitrates, which can help improve blood flow and lower blood pressure. Eating beetroot also provides antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that can support overall health.
Beetroot juice is a concentrated source of the nutrients found in beetroot, but it contains more sugar and calories than whole vegetables. It also has a higher concentration of nitrates, which can help improve athletic performance and blood pressure.
In terms of which is better, it really depends on your goals and preferences. If you are looking for a low-calorie, high-fiber vegetable to add to your diet, eating beetroot is a great choice. On the other hand, if you are looking for a quick and convenient way to consume the concentrated nutrients and nitrates found in beetroot, drinking beetroot juice may be a better option.
It's worth noting that beetroot juice can cause some people to experience a temporary reddish discoloration of urine and stools, which is harmless but can be alarming. It's also important to keep in mind that consuming large amounts of beetroot or beetroot juice can cause a drop in blood pressure, so it's important to talk to your doctor before making any significant changes to your diet.
Is juicing hard on your liver?
There is no conclusive evidence to suggest that juicing is hard on the liver when consumed in moderation. In fact, drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juices can be beneficial to liver health by providing important nutrients and antioxidants that support its function.
However, it's important to keep in mind that some juices, especially those with high amounts of added sugar or certain types of fruits, may not be as beneficial and could potentially have negative effects on liver health when consumed in excess.
Additionally, some people may experience digestive discomfort or allergic reactions to certain fruits and vegetables used in juices, which could put additional stress on the liver.
To maximize the health benefits of juicing and avoid any potential negative effects on liver health, it's important to choose fresh, whole fruits and vegetables, use a variety of products to ensure a balanced nutrient intake, and avoid adding excessive amounts of sugar or processed ingredients. It's also a good idea to talk to a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or juicing regimen, especially if you have a pre-existing liver condition.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply