Have you ever heard the saying “You are what you eat”? Well, it applies to pets, too. Incorporating raw meat into your dog’s diet is a great choice. However, finding a raw food meat grinder for dogs can be a challenge for many people. Would you like to provide healthy, nutritious meat and bones for your pet? If so, switching from processed dog food to fresh meat and bones is probably your best option.
The health of our little four-legged friends is as important as our own. If you want your Labrador to eat a healthy and nutritious diet, a meat-based diet is not enough. You need to include ground bones in your dog’s raw diet. Homemade, or at least home ground, bones are full of flavor and free of preservatives.
There are also many things to consider when choosing meat and bone meal for dog food, as not all meat and bone meal can perform this function. This is because the sharpness of the blade may be sufficient for grinding meat, but not for grinding bones. In fact, doing so can damage the blade.
Also Read: Best Ice Cream Maker For Home
Best Meat Grinder for Raw Dog Food
Do you need a meat grinder?
If you have ever tried to grind bones yourself, this question will not need to be answered! A mincer can quickly process hard bones. Of course, this can be done manually with a knife. However, that task becomes instantly more difficult. In addition, safety must be considered.
Injuries are more common than you might think. Many dog owners are not skilled butchers. Sure, you can learn more and more skills, but the tools you can use are limited. A knife can slip and cause serious injury. Mincer eliminates that worry.
They also have their inherent risks. However, if you follow the instructions to the letter and use all the included safety devices, you should have no problem shaving a bone in a matter of minutes.
How does it work?
The grinder works primarily with an auger system. They rely on a mastication process that physically grinds the meat and bones. The bones are placed in a hopper and pass through a rotating screw. The screw acts like a belt, moving the bones further into the crusher to crush and mix the ingredients.
Some models are equipped with end caps for further processing of the bones. The metal plate is useful for creating the unique texture of ground meat, and the funnel serves as a guide tube for making sausage. These features are not useful for grinding bones for dog food. However, they are useful if you are aiming for a specific texture. For example, an older dog may need a finer grind to minimize chewing.
Either way, a grinder allows you to cook bones the way you want them. Processors are much more flexible than ever before!
Best Meat Grinder for Raw Dog Food | Comparison Table 2023
Top Quality | 5-Star Pick | Great Prices
|HOMEASY Meat Grinder Electric, Food Processor 2L Stainless Steel Meat Blender Food Chopper for Meat, Vegetables, Fruits and Nuts with 4 Sharp Blades, 350W, 8 Cups, 110V||homeasy||Check Price|
|LEM Products 17791 Big Bite #8 .5HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder||LEM||Check Price|
|STX Turboforce 3000 Series 5-In-1 Powerful Size #12 Electric Meat Grinder • Sausage Stuffer (3 Sizes) • Kubbe Maker • Burger/Slider Maker • 2 Meat Claw Holders • 3 S/S Blades • 4 Grinding Plates||STX INTERNATIONAL||Check Price|
|Meat Grinder Electric, Sausage Stuffer Maker, ETL Approved Heavy Duty Meat Mincer, Food Grinder with Sausage Kubbe Kit Sets, 3 Grinding Plates, 1 Blade, Veggie Slicer/Shredder/Grater Attachments||Juissiart||Check Price|
|WESTON BRANDS 33-0801-W 8 Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer, 650 Watt, 7/8 HP Motor Grinds 2-3 lbs Per Minute, Stainless Steel||Weston Brands||Check Price|
|Meat Grinder Electric, Heavy Duty Meat Mincer, 500W Max 2000W Stainless Steel Food Grinder Multifunctional Sausage Stuffer Maker with 3 Plates, Sausage Stuffer Tube & Kubbe Kit for Home Kitchen Use||WekiiStar||Check Price|
|STX Turboforce II "Platinum" w/Foot Pedal Heavy Duty Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer: 6 Grinding Plates, 3 S/S Blades, 3 Sausage Tubes, Kubbe, 2 Meat Claws, Burger-Slider Patty Maker - Black||STX INTERNATIONAL||Check Price|
|Meat Grinder, Electric Meat Grinder,Meat Grinder Electric, 350W[2800W Max], Sausage Maker, Meat Mincer, Meat Sausage Machine, 4 Sizes Plates,Sausage & Kubbe Kit for Home Kitchen & Commercial Using.||KUUNLESIN||Check Price|
|KitchenAid KSMMGA Metal Food Grinder Attachment, Silver||KitchenAid||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Meat Grinder for Raw Dog Food | 2023 Products Overview
1. HOMEASY Electric: Best Meat Grinder for Raw Dog Food
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL FOOD CHOPPER - This food grinder is equipped with 4 stainless steel blades and 2 modes to choose from. You can chop, grind various ingredients, such as onions, meat, ham, garlic, onion, small herbs. HOMEASY electric chopper is an ideal gift for your wife, or mother.
- SHARP AND EFFICIENT - HOMEASY electric meat grinder comes with real power 350W, which is more efficient and fast. 4 stainless steel blades 4D design allows the upper and lower blades to evenly chop food from every angle of 360 degrees.
- LARGE CAPACITY AND DURABILITY - HOMESAY mini chopper is equipped with a stainless steel bowl and 2L capacity. Compared with glass bowls, it is stronger, healthier, and shock-proof, ensuring durability. The joint connection between blade and the main body is made of stainless steel unlike other plastic one thus the blade is not easy to break off.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN - The unit can be disassembled and the accessories are easier to clean. The chopper comes with a non-slip mat, you can put the bowl on the mat. Everything is practical.
- SECURITY - Our electric chopper is certified by GS, CE, CB, GS with strictest standard. If you have problems during use, do not hesitate to contact us by email, we are ready to help you.
The HOMEASY Meat Grinder Electric is a multi-functional food chopper that can chop and grind various ingredients, including meat, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. With a power of 350 watts and 4 sharp stainless steel blades, it is an efficient and fast kitchen appliance that can be used to make meal preparation easier.
The HOMEASY electric chopper is designed with a 2L stainless steel bowl that is shock-resistant and durable. It is easy to clean and disassemble and comes with a non-slip mat to keep it in place while in use. Additionally, the chopper is certified by GS, CE, CB, and GS to meet strict safety standards.
- Multi-functional with 2 modes to choose from
- Sharp and efficient with 350W power and 4 stainless steel blades
- Large capacity and durable with 2L stainless steel bowl
- Easy to clean and user-friendly design with disassemblable parts and a non-slip mat
- Certified for safety with GS, CE, CB, and GS
- Only available in grey and black color
- No specific information on the size of the pieces it can chop
- Only available for use in 110V electrical systems
2. LEM Stainless Steel: Top Meat Grinder for Raw Dog Food
- Your purchase includes One LEM Stainless Steel Electric Meat 8Grinder | Meat Stomper, 1 Steel knife, stuffing plate, fine plate (3/16), coarse plate (3/8), 3 Tubes (1/2”-1”-1 1/8”), meat pan & plate extractor
- Grinder meat pan – 12-1/4” x 9-1/8” x 2-1/4” Deep | Power – .5 HP | Power consumption – 370 Watts | Voltage – 120V | Frequency – 60 Hz
- Added Tray in Body for Knife & Plate Storage; Extended Auger Pulls More Meat in less Time
- Modernized Brushed Steel Finish - Minimizes Fingerprints | Rifling Pattern in Head Pushes Meat Forward with less User Interaction
- .5HP grinder is the perfect size to grind a few deer a year; Quieter than ever while in use
- Lifetime Customer Support; 5 Year warranty
The LEM Products 17791 Big Bite #8 .5HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder is a versatile and efficient kitchen appliance designed for meat grinding tasks. Made from durable stainless steel, the grinder has a modern brushed steel finish that minimizes fingerprints and enhances its aesthetic appeal.
The grinder comes with a meat stomper, steel knife, stuffing plate, fine plate (3/16"), coarse plate (3/8"), 3 tubes (1/2”-1”-1 1/8”), meat pan, and plate extractor. The meat pan measures 12-1/4” x 9-1/8” x 2-1/4” and is deep enough to hold large quantities of meat. The grinder is powered by a .5 HP motor with a power consumption of 370 Watts and operates on 120V and 60Hz frequencies.
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Minimizes fingerprints with modern brushed steel finish
- Comes with multiple accessories for versatile use
- Efficient design with extended auger for faster grinding
- 5-year warranty and lifetime customer support
- Not ideal for large-scale meat-grinding tasks
- Noisy operation
- May not be suitable for grinding tough meats
3. STX Powerful Electric Meat Grinder for Raw Dog Food
- Features a Locked Motor Wattage of 3000 Watts of Peak Output Power, 3 speeds (High, Low, Reverse) and a Circuit Breaker for Safety
- Size No.12 Grinder, Not a Size No.5 or No.8 Like Smaller Grinders, 2-1/2 -Inch Diameter Output for Ground Meat and 2-Inch Diameter Feed Tube
- Includes 3 Tempered Steel Grinding Plates (Fine, Medium, Coarse), 3 Stainless Steel Cutting Blades, 3 Piece Set of Sausage Tubes and Kubbe Attachment
- Over 80,000 STX Grinders Have Been Sold Nationwide in the Last Seven Years While Maintaining an Incredible 99.8% Customer Approval Rate. All STX Products Include a 1 year - 100% - Fix or Replace Guarantee, Parts and Labor Included
- Dimensions of Unit - Set Up - 19.0 Inches Front to Back by 8.0 Inches Wide by 14.0 Inches High. This Meat Grinder is intended to Grind Meat - This Grinder Will NOT Grind Bones
The STX International Turboforce 3000 Heavy Duty 5-In-1 Electric Meat Grinder is a powerful and versatile kitchen appliance suitable for home use. With a locked motor wattage of 3000 watts and the capability to grind up to 240 lbs of meat per hour, it is capable of handling the grinding needs of most households.
The product comes with a size #12 grinding head, 3 sizes of grinding plates, a sausage stuffing plate, and kubbe/kibbe making attachment, as well as 2 free meat shredder/holder claws and a free 3-in-1 burger & slider maker press.
- High power motor for efficient grinding
- Large meat hopper that holds over 3 lbs. of meat
- Multiple attachments for versatile use
- Advanced variable intake technology for larger portion sizes
- Comes with a 30-day no hassle return option and 3-year warranty.
- Not suitable for grinding bones
- Not intended for commercial use
- No 220V option available.
4. Juissiart Electric Meat Grinder
- POWERFUL GRINDING, 500W RATED POWER: This electric meat grinder has a powerful pure copper motor, rated power up to 500W (peak 2000W), grinding speed of 4.4LB/MIN, with noise reduction and intelligent overheat protection engine, greatly extending the The service life of the meat grinder.
- ETL SAFETY APPROVED AND PREMIUM ACCESSORIES: The electric meat grinder is ETL safety approved, it includes 3 grinding plate(diameter: 3mm/5mm/7mm), 1 blade, 1 food pusher, a set of kubbe and sausage accessories, a vegetable slicer/chopper/grater attachment, a Blade cleaner, all made from food-grade materials. Combined with different attachments, it can be used as a meat grinder, sausage stuffer machine, kubbe machine, kubbe machine, vegetable slicer / shredder / grater.
- UPGRADE THE MEAT GRINDING OF 3-STAGE SPRIAL ROD TECHNOLOGY: The auger of the meat grinder slowly grinds the meat in 3 steps spiral extrusion without destroying the meat fiber. It ensure the chewy and firmness sense of the ground meat. At the same time, the bright red exterior of the electric meat grinder is combined with aluminum alloy material, which is stylish and beautiful with our kitchen. The bottom has non-slip rubber feet to stabilize the meat grinder.
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN: There are only 3 buttons, OFF means to turn off the device. ON starts the device. R indicates that the device rotates in the opposite direction for easier cleaning. Easy to install and remove for cleaning. Do not put in the dishwasher, it is recommended to use warm soapy water (neutral detergent) (below 122°F) to clean each component of the electric meat grinder. The engine casing is simply wiped clean with a damp cloth. Keep dry with a soft cloth after cleaning.
- AFTER-SALE SUPPORT: Meat grinders come with a 30-Days Money Back Guarantee without any conditions which also includes 1-Year Warranty with attachments free replacement and technical support. 24/7 Online Customer Support - Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
The Juissiart Electric Meat Grinder is a 7-in-1 kitchen appliance designed for home use. It features a powerful 500W (peak 2000W) pure copper motor that can grind up to 4.4lb of meat per minute. The grinder has a noise reduction feature and an intelligent overheat protection engine, ensuring the grinder's longevity.
The meat grinder comes with ETL safety approved accessories, including a blade, three grinding plates (3mm, 5mm, 7mm), a food pusher, a set of kubbe and sausage accessories, a vegetable slicer/shredder/grater attachment, a blade cleaner, all made of food-grade materials. The 3-stage spiral meat grinding technology helps preserve the meat's fiber, giving the ground meat a chewy and firm texture. The grinder has a reverse function, which prevents motor burnout in case of food getting stuck during grinding.
Cleaning and maintenance are made simple with the easy-to-disassemble components and a knife hole cleaner. It's recommended to clean each component with warm soapy water and wipe the engine casing with a damp cloth. The grinder has a locking button to secure the head tube, and non-slip rubber feet to stabilize it. However, it's important to note that the parts should not be put in the dishwasher.
- Powerful 500W pure copper motor.
- ETL safety approved accessories.
- 3-stage spiral meat grinding technology.
- Reverse function to prevent motor burnout.
- Easy to disassemble and clean.
- Requires cooling time after 10 minutes of grinding.
- Meat should be pre-cut into small pieces.
- Parts should not be put in the dishwasher.
5. WESTON Electric Meat Grinder
- POWERFUL 650 WATT, 7/8 HP MOTOR FOR FAST GRINDING: This electric meat grinder is powerful and fast to process meat quickly and efficiently. It grinds 2-3 pounds per minute.
- MAKE HOMEMADE SAUSAGE: The included sausage making accessories — a sausage stuffing funnel and stuffing spacer — are perfect for making breakfast links, bratwurst, kielbasa, and other sausages at home.
- SIMPLE, EASY-TO-USE CONTROLS. A simple on/off power button on the Weston #8 Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer controls forward operation and a reverse function prevents jams.
- INCLUDES ACCESSORIES — STOMPER DOUBLES AS A STORAGE CASE: The meat grinder comes with 3 stainless steel grinding plates (fine, medium and coarse) so you can control meat texture, a cutting blade, sausage stuffing funnel, stuffing spacer, and the stomper.
- STOMPER DOUBLES AS A STORAGE CASE: All the accessories neatly store in the stomper when not in use.
The Weston 33-0801-W Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer is a powerful and efficient kitchen appliance made of stainless steel. It features a 650-watt, 7/8 HP motor that can grind 2-3 pounds of meat per minute. The device is easy to use with simple on/off power buttons and a reverse function to prevent jams.
Included with the meat grinder are various accessories such as 3 stainless steel grinding plates (fine, medium and coarse), a cutting blade, sausage stuffing funnel, stuffing spacer, and a stomper that doubles as a storage case. This allows the user to control the texture of the meat and easily make homemade sausages.
- Powerful and fast grinding capabilities
- Ability to make homemade sausages
- Easy-to-use controls
- Comes with a variety of accessories
- Stomper doubles as a storage case
- May be heavy and difficult to clean
- Noisy operation
- May have a short lifespan
6. WekiiStar Electric Meat Grinder
- 【FCC APPROVED and POWERFUL 2000W MOTOR】Electric meat grinder enhances high efficiency, keeps original taste of meat and produces 4.4 lbs minced meat per minute, more convenient and efficient than chop food by hand.With a dedicated manual or automatic meat grinder, you can grind your own blends from whatever cuts of meat you choose, giving you complete control over the ingredients, amount of fat (aka flavor, juiciness, and nutrition), and quality of your ground meat.
- 【3-STAGE SPIRAL ROD TECHNOLOGY】The meat grinder electric is easy to use with pressing the buttons. While starting, the auger grinds the meat in 3 steps spiral extrusion without destroying the meat fiber. It ensure the chewy and firmness sense of the ground meat. Meet all your cooking needs of preparing the seasoning meat sauce, hamburgers, sausages, salad, juice, baby food, pet food.
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL FOOD GRINDER ATTACHMENTS】Electric meat grinder equipped with three different stainless steel cutting plates (fine, medium, and coarse), a sausage kit, and an attachment to make kubbe, 1 removable food tray and 1 food pusher. The hollow sausages filled with stuffings popular in Mediterranean cuisine.
- 【SAFETY PROTECTION, USE AT EASE】The meat grinder with three buttons (on/off/reverse) is easy to operate; the reverse button is used to dredge the equipment, the electric meat grinder anti-overload and anti-overheat protection system (if it runs abnormally, the machine Will be automatically protected).
- 【EASY TO CLEAN】Clean all parts thoroughly in warm water with soap(under 122°F). Always dry the parts immediately after washing for a longer service life. Please notice that all parts can not be washed by dishwasher.
The WekkiStar Electric Meat Grinder is a heavy-duty and powerful food grinder that features a 2000W motor and is made from stainless steel material. The machine is designed with a 3-stage spiral rod technology, which grinds meat in 3 steps to produce minced meat while preserving the meat fiber's texture.
It comes with three different stainless steel cutting plates (fine, medium, and coarse), a sausage kit, and a kubbe attachment. The meat grinder is easy to operate with three buttons (on/off/reverse) and has safety protection features to prevent overloading and overheating. Cleaning is easy, as all parts can be cleaned thoroughly with warm water and soap.
- Powerful 2000W motor
- 3-stage spiral rod technology for improved meat grinding
- Equipped with multiple attachments for versatility
- Easy to operate with safety protection features
- Easy to clean with warm water and soap
- May not grind bones efficiently
- Parts not dishwasher safe
- Not suitable for large-scale commercial use
Also Read: Best Toaster Oven for Baking
7. STX Turboforce II Electric Meat Grinder
- The STX International Turboforce II (Patented Air Cooled) Complete Home Grinding Package features a Heavy Duty 2000 Maximum Watt Electric Grinder and Features a High Capacity Meat Tray that easily holds over 3 Lbs. of meat.
- The Patented Quad Air Induction Cooling System Features a Locked Motor Wattage of 2000 Watts and a Circuit Breaker for Safety. This grinder is a Size No.12 Grinder, Not a Size No.5 or No.8 Like Smaller Grinders, 2-1/2 -Inch Diameter Output for Ground Meat and 2-Inch Diameter Feed Tube.
- Combining the Meat Auger with AVI (Advanced Variable Intake) Technology and the High Volume Feeder Tray which easily allows for grinding 220 to 260 Lbs of Meat per Hour Depending on the Size of Grinding Plate used and the Type of Meat being ground. This Grinder can Also Easily Handle Soft Bones such as Chicken, Rabbit, Squirrel, and Quail Bones.
- This Turboforce II 4000 Series Grinder also Includes: 1-Polished Aluminum Grinding Head and High Capacity Meat Tray, 3 - 304 Grade Stainless Steel Cutting Blades, 5 - Sizes of Grinding Plates, 1 - Sausage Stuffing Plate, 3 - Sizes of Sausage Stuffing Tubes (1/2, 5/8 & 3/4), 1 - Kubbe/Kibbe Making Attachment & 1 - Easy to Use Palm Meat Pusher/Stuffer, a pair of Meat Claws & Burger-Slider Press.
- ALL Paradigm Alley USA Products come with a 30-Day Unconditional Money Back Guarantee which also includes a 3-Year Warranty with the Cost of Parts and Labor Included. The 3-year warranty is included in the product price when purchased new from Paradigm Alley USA, no additional warranty purchase is required. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN THIS PAGE FOR MANY MORE PHOTOS & INFORMATION ON THIS PRODUCT!
The STX International Turboforce II is a heavy-duty electric meat grinder and sausage stuffer, with a patented air cooled system and a maximum wattage of 2000. It features a high-capacity meat tray that can hold over 3 pounds of meat, a size No.
12 grinder with a 2-1/2-inch diameter output, and an advanced variable intake technology that allows for grinding 220 to 260 pounds of meat per hour. The package includes 6 grinding plates, 3 stainless steel blades, 3 sausage tubes, kubbe attachment, 2 meat claws, and a burger-slider press.
- Heavy duty with 2000 watt maximum power
- High-capacity meat tray that holds over 3 pounds of meat
- Advanced variable intake technology for efficient grinding
- Includes 6 grinding plates, 3 stainless steel blades, and various attachments
- Comes with a 30-day no-hassle return option and 3-year warranty.
- The size of the grinder may not be suitable for all kitchens
- May be noisy when in use
- May require some assembly.
8. KUUNLESIN Electric Meat Grinder
- POWERFUL, SHARP AND FAST MINCED MEAT:: The meat grinder has a 350W (peak 2800W) pure copper motor, a high-grade 420 stainless steel blade and a cutter head, which can produce 3 pounds of minced meat per minute. Ideal for meat processing (beef, chicken, pork, etc.)
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH: The meat grinder is made of food-grade materials. Very healthy for you and your family; you can easily make mouth-watering hamburgers, meatballs, meat pies, sausages and other meat mixtures.
- STEADY, ARTISTIC AND NOBLE: The meat grinder weighs 7.16 pounds and has a high-end all-stainless steel shell, which is very sturdy, not easy to break, and no noise. The shape and structure are perfectly designed, which makes the machine more stable, not easy to tip over, and has a beautiful appearance.
- SAFETY PROTECTION, USE AT EASE:: The meat grinder with three buttons (on/off/reverse) is easy to operate; the reverse button is used to dredge the equipment, the electric meat grinder anti-overload and anti-overheat protection system (if it runs abnormally, the machine Will be automatically protected)
- EASY TO CLEAN: All parts of the meat grinder are easy to disassemble and install for cleaning; you can clean them with soap and warm water (below 122°F) and dry them with a towel. Note: Do not put in the dishwasher,The dishwasher will oxidize some aluminum alloy accessories and turn black.
The Kuunlesin Electric Meat Grinder is a powerful and fast device for processing meat. With a 350W (peak 2800W) pure copper motor and a high-grade 420 stainless steel blade and cutter head, it can produce up to 3 pounds of minced meat per minute, making it ideal for processing various types of meat such as beef, chicken, and pork. The meat grinder is made of food-grade materials, ensuring it is safe and healthy for you and your family.
- Powerful and fast meat processing
- Made of food-grade materials
- Sturdy and artistic design
- Easy to operate with three buttons and anti-overload protection system
- Easy to clean with disassembling and installing for cleaning.
- Not dishwasher safe
- Can get hot with frequent use
- May produce noise during operation.
Also Read: Best Food Processor for Nut Butters
9. KitchenAid Metal Food Grinder
- Connect to any household KitchenAid Stand Mixer* power hub and use the power of the motor to run the metal food grinder attachment. *sold separately.
- The possibilities for creating fresh, inventive foods are endless with the included fine, medium and coarse grinding plates and two sausage stuffer tubes.
- The larger food tray* allows you to process more ingredients in one batch, cutting down on food prep time. *Compared to model FGA.
- Pre-chill the grinder in the refrigerator or freezer to maintain a cold grinding temperature for a neat and clean grind every time.
- The KitchenAid Metal Food Grinder is packed and organized inside its own storage case, designed for easy storage and quick access.
- Model KSMMGA includes (1) Metal food grinder, (1) Removable Food tray, (1) Fine grinding plate, (1) Medium grinding plate, (1) Coarse grinding plate, (1) Cleaning brush, (1) Food pusher, (2) Sausage stuffer tubes, (1) Sausage stuffer plate
The KitchenAid KSMMGA Metal Food Grinder Attachment is a must-have for any kitchen enthusiast. This attachment connects to any KitchenAid Stand Mixer (sold separately) and uses the motor's power to grind meat, vegetables, fruits, and more. The package includes fine, medium, and coarse grinding plates, as well as two sausage stuffer tubes.
The larger food tray allows for more ingredients to be processed in one batch, reducing food prep time. The grinder can be pre-chilled in the refrigerator or freezer to maintain a cold grinding temperature for a clean grind every time. This grinder is also conveniently packed and organized in its own storage case for easy access and storage.
- Connects to KitchenAid Stand Mixer.
- Includes fine, medium, and coarse grinding plates.
- Large food tray for processing more ingredients.
- Pre-chillable for clean grinds.
- Conveniently stored in its own storage case.
- Stand Mixer not included.
- Sausage stuffer tubes may clog.
- Can be difficult to clean.
Also Read: Best Blender for Protein Shakes with Ice
Best Meat Grinder for Raw Dog Food | Ultimate Guide 2023
The first thing to look at is the power rating. The power rating determines the overall capacity of the unit.
Typically, consumer shredders have motors that are less than 1000 watts. This should be sufficient for most owners. Those who wish to do extensive bone processing may want to consider more robust options; there are grinders with motors as powerful as 2,000 or 3,000 watts.
Manual or electric?
Some grinders have no motor at all Most people choose to invest in an electric shredder. They are faster and require less manual labor.
The downside is that electric grinders are expensive. They are also louder, which can startle your dog during meal preparation.
If you are on a budget, a manual model is a good choice. They require a crank to turn the chopper's auger and are not easy to use. However, they can save you money without sacrificing efficiency.
Plate Sizes and Options
Remember when we talked about how some choppers come with metal plates? Do not ignore these extra accessories. As I mentioned earlier, these plates determine the texture and size of each bone that comes out of the machine.
Many meat grinders come with a set of grind plates; you'll find them in sizes ranging from 2 inches to over 5 inches. It is good to have several options. However, be sure to stick to the right dish size for your dog. Smaller sizes work well for smaller breeds and vice versa.
What is the capacity of the meat grinder? Smaller models have a much more limited capacity. Because of the small auger and hopper funnel, it is difficult to process large amounts of food at a time. It can certainly still get the job done, but it will take more time.
Keep this in mind! If you have a large dog or will be preparing bones for multiple furry companions, we recommend getting a larger capacity unit.
Don't forget about overall durability. You don't want to buy a cheap grinder only to have it break after a few uses. It is not just a matter of frustration. Poor quality grinders can be hazardous to your health.
For example, suppose part of the auger breaks off when you are breaking a bone. You may not even notice the damage.
These can get into the food and eventually end up in your dog's mouth. Suddenly, without you knowing it, you have a choking hazard. Be sure to choose a high-quality meat grinder for grinding bones. An all-metal model is the best solution!
Also Read: Best Milk Steamer for Home Use
One of the reasons dog lovers hesitate to use meat grinders is maintenance. These machines have many moving parts and require regular cleaning and inspection.
To minimize the need for maintenance, some manufacturers design their machines to be easy to clean. If you don't like the hassle of cleaning, choose one of these models. Look for appliances that are easy to disassemble.
Finally, safety should not be overlooked. In fact, meat grinders can be dangerous. Both bones and meat can get soggy! Imagine what could happen to your hands.
You need to invest in a product with built-in safety measures. The hopper should have a hopper that you cannot slip your hand or fingers into.
We also recommend using machines with safety switches, non-slip suction pads, and reverse functions. These features go a long way toward making shredding a little less of a chore.
The wattage determines the power of the meat grinder. The higher the wattage, the longer the mincer can run without problems. Buy a meat grinder with the highest possible power.
Also Read: Best Pizzelle Makers
Material of the mincer plate
Buy a meat grinder with stainless steel grinders, not carbon steel plates. Carbon steel plate
Rusts easily Stainless steel plates do not rust, but many manufacturers prohibit putting them in dishwashers.
If you are buying a meat grinder for home use, a lightweight one that is easy to move around is sufficient. Buy a heavy-duty mincer to grind large quantities of meat for commercial use.
Size of Mincer Blades
Meat grinders come in sizes such as 5, 8, 12, and 22. Large mincers are heavily used for commercial purposes. For home use meat mincing, blade sizes 8 and 12 are sufficient.
More expensive mincers have additional accessories such as a kibble maker and a sausage stuffer for making sausages, burgers, and meatballs. Some mincers also come with a food pusher. Be sure to choose a mincer with a full range of accessories.
Feed Tube Size
A good sized tray can hold a large amount of meat before it falls into the tube. The feed tube opening is also important when grinding large pieces of meat. Before purchasing a meat grinder, consider the size of these items: models No. 8 and larger have large trays, feed tube openings, and discharge openings.
Also Read: Best Meat Slicers for Home Use
Our pets' health is as important as our own. So why risk buying ground meat at the market when you can grind it at home? Fresh meat and finely chopped bones are a puppy's favorite food. I hope this article has helped you find the best meat grinder for raw dog food.
What is the best meat grinder for grinding meat and bones for dog food?
The best meat grinder for grinding meat and bones has a stainless steel body that is easy to clean. The stainless steel body is also very durable. You may want to consider purchasing a meat grinder that can grind bones and meat without clogging. The most powerful machines do not get too hot and grind faster than others. A reverse button will clear up any clutter.
How should I grind bones for raw dog food?
Some grinders are not powerful enough to grind bones. If you are feeding bones to your pet, it is best to choose a heavy-duty electric grinder that can gently grind the bones. First, separate the bones from the meat and select soft bones that puppies and other animals like to eat, such as rib cage bones, backbones, and neck bones. Depending on the size of the feeding tube, you may need to grind the bones before placing them in the meat grinder.
Is it easy to clean this meat grinder?
This also depends on the meat you are grinding. Some meats have a high-fat content that leaves tendons in the grinder head that are difficult to clean.
As mentioned above, some parts of the meat grinder can be washed in the dishwasher, but while it is convenient to throw them in the machine, we strongly recommend hand washing each part to avoid bacterial contamination.
You should also wash all parts thoroughly after use and leave the meat grinder clean the next time you grind raw dog food.
How should I grind beef bones for dog food?
When grinding beef bones, it is important to first separate the bones from the meat. Grinding beef bones already puts a lot of pressure on the grinder head, so do not increase it.
- Beef bones are often larger than chicken and other small animals, so they need to be ground into small pieces before placing them on the meat grinder tray.
- Put the bowl with the ground bones in the refrigerator or freezer to cool so they don't freeze, making them easier to process in the meat grinder.
- Once the bones have cooled, place a small number of bones on the tray each time to grind, but do not press them with your fingers.
- Check the grind and if it is not to the desired texture, repeat step 3.
How do I grind dog food?
Grinding dog food is a fairly simple procedure. However, if you are not familiar with this technique, read the following instructions carefully.
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients. Ideally, one serving of dog food should contain protein (all meats, preferably chicken, pork, or beef), vegetables, and a small amount of starch. For larger meats, cut into cubes or smaller pieces. Wash green vegetables well and set aside. Boil or simmer the potato starch, or use your favorite method.
Step 2: Pour a teaspoon of oil into the meat grinder and prepare for what is to come. Slowly throw in the meat and vegetables in batches. Turn on the machine and let it start grinding the contents.
Step 3: If the texture of the raw food seems a little too dry, add a few pieces of animal fat. When you are satisfied with the finished product, repeat the previous steps until everything is done.
Step 4: Serve the chopped meat and vegetables with the boiled potato starch. If you chop more than you need, store the rest in a container in the refrigerator.
Can you use a meat grinder to make dog food?
Yes, a meat grinder can be used to make dog food. Grinding meat is a great way to make homemade dog food, as it can help to ensure that your dog is getting the necessary nutrients from the meat. However, it is important to use a meat grinder that is specifically designed for grinding meat, as some types of grinders may not be suitable for this purpose.
When making dog food with a meat grinder, it is important to choose high-quality meat that is lean and fresh. You can also add other ingredients to the meat, such as vegetables, grains, and supplements, to ensure that your dog is getting a well-balanced and nutritious diet. It is also important to cook the meat thoroughly to ensure that any harmful bacteria are eliminated.
It is recommended to consult with a veterinarian or a pet nutritionist before making homemade dog food to ensure that the food is nutritionally balanced and appropriate for your dog's needs.
How do you grind raw dog food bones?
Grinding raw bones is a common practice when making homemade raw dog food. However, it is important to note that not all bones are safe for dogs to consume, and bones that are too hard or large can damage your dog's teeth or digestive tract.
If you decide to grind raw bones for your dog's food, here are some steps to follow:
- Choose the right type of bone: The bones should be soft and pliable, such as chicken or turkey necks, backs, and wings, or beef or pork ribs. Avoid weight-bearing bones or large bones that are too hard, such as femurs or knuckles.
- Clean the bones: Make sure the bones are clean and free of any debris or bacteria. You can rinse them under cold water or soak them in a bowl of water for a few hours.
- Cut the bones into small pieces: Use a sharp knife or cleaver to cut the bones into small pieces that will fit in your meat grinder.
- Use a meat grinder with a bone attachment: Not all meat grinders are designed to grind bones, so you will need to use a grinder with a bone attachment. This attachment will have larger holes to allow the bone fragments to pass through.
- Grind the bones: Feed the bone pieces into the meat grinder with the bone attachment. You may need to run the bone pieces through the grinder a few times to get the desired consistency.
- Add other ingredients: Once the bones are ground, you can mix them with other ingredients, such as meat, vegetables, and supplements, to make well-balanced and nutritious raw dog food.
It is important to remember that while feeding your dog raw bones can provide nutritional benefits, it is not without risks. Always consult with a veterinarian or a pet nutritionist before making homemade raw dog food, and make sure to follow proper food safety practices.
How should I feed my dog raw meat?
Feeding raw meat to dogs can be a great way to provide them with a balanced and nutritious diet, but it is important to take precautions to ensure that the meat is safe to eat and that your dog is getting all the nutrients they need. Here are some tips on how to feed your dog raw meat:
- Choose high-quality meat: Choose fresh, high-quality meat from a trusted source, such as a local butcher or farmer's market. Make sure the meat is fresh, and avoid meat that has been treated with hormones, antibiotics, or other additives.
- Balance the diet: It's important to provide a balanced diet that includes not only meat but also vegetables, fruits, and supplements. Consult with a veterinarian or a pet nutritionist to ensure that your dog is getting all the nutrients they need.
- Handle the meat safely: Raw meat can contain harmful bacteria, such as Salmonella and E. coli, so it's important to handle it safely. Use separate cutting boards and utensils for raw meat, and wash your hands thoroughly after handling it.
- Feed the right portion size: The amount of raw meat you should feed your dog will depend on its size, age, and activity level. A general rule of thumb is to feed 2-3% of your dog's body weight per day.
- Introduce the meat gradually: If your dog has never eaten raw meat before, introduce it gradually to avoid any digestive upset. Start with a small amount of meat and gradually increase it over several weeks.
- Monitor your dog's health: Watch for any signs of digestive upset, such as vomiting or diarrhea, and consult with a veterinarian if you notice any changes in your dog's health.
- Freeze the meat: Freezing the meat for at least 24 hours before feeding it to your dog can help to kill any harmful bacteria that may be present in the meat.
Remember that feeding raw meat to your dog may not be appropriate for all dogs, especially those with compromised immune systems or other health conditions. Always consult with a veterinarian before making any changes to your dog's diet.
What is the difference between a meat grinder and a meat mincer?
In general, the terms "meat grinder" and "meat mincer" can be used interchangeably, as both refer to a kitchen appliance used for grinding or mincing meat. However, there can be some subtle differences between the two.
Traditionally, a meat mincer was a manual device that used a hand crank to grind the meat into small pieces. The meat is typically pushed through a funnel or hopper and then passed through a series of blades or plates to achieve the desired texture. A meat mincer may also be called a "hand-crank meat grinder".
On the other hand, a meat grinder can refer to both manual and electric devices. Electric meat grinders are more common nowadays and can process meat more quickly and with less effort. They typically have a motorized mechanism to grind the meat and come with a variety of blades and plates to achieve different textures.
In summary, the main difference between a meat grinder and a meat mincer is that a meat mincer is usually operated manually using a hand crank, while a meat grinder can be manual or electric and uses a motor to grind the meat. However, the terms are often used interchangeably in modern usage.
Can I make my own raw dog food?
Yes, you can make your own raw dog food. Many pet owners choose to make their own raw dog food to ensure that their dogs are getting high-quality, nutritious food that is free from additives and fillers.
However, making your own raw dog food requires careful planning and attention to detail to ensure that your dog's nutritional needs are met. Here are some tips on how to make your own raw dog food:
- Consult with a veterinarian: Before making any changes to your dog's diet, consult with a veterinarian or a pet nutritionist to ensure that the food you are providing is balanced and meets your dog's specific needs.
- Choose high-quality ingredients: Choose fresh, high-quality ingredients that are free from additives, preservatives, and fillers. Use lean meats such as chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb, and include a variety of vegetables and fruits.
- Balance the diet: Provide a balanced diet that includes not only meat but also vegetables, fruits, and supplements. Make sure to include a source of calcium, such as ground eggshells or bone meal, as well as essential fatty acids.
- Prepare the food safely: Handle the ingredients safely to avoid contamination and foodborne illness. Use separate cutting boards and utensils for raw meat, and wash your hands thoroughly after handling it.
- Store the food properly: Store the food in airtight containers in the refrigerator or freezer, and make sure to use it within a few days or freeze it for longer storage.
- Introduce the food gradually: If your dog has never eaten raw food before, introduce it gradually to avoid any digestive upset. Start with a small amount of food and gradually increase it over several weeks.
- Monitor your dog's health: Watch for any signs of digestive upset or other health issues, and consult with a veterinarian if you notice any changes in your dog's health.
Making your own raw dog food can be a rewarding and cost-effective way to provide your dog with high-quality, nutritious food. However, it is important to take the time to properly research and plan your dog's diet to ensure that they are getting all the nutrients they need.
What kind of grinder grinds bones?
When it comes to grinding bones, it's important to use a grinder that is specifically designed for the task. Not all meat grinders are capable of grinding bones, as they may not have the necessary power or durability to handle the dense, hard bones.
A grinder that is capable of grinding bones is typically referred to as a "bone grinder" or a "bone crusher". These grinders are specifically designed with powerful motors and heavy-duty cutting blades or plates that are capable of grinding through bones and dense connective tissue.
There are two main types of bone grinders: manual and electric. Manual bone grinders typically feature a hand crank and are slower and less powerful than electric grinders. Electric bone grinders, on the other hand, are faster and more efficient and can grind larger quantities of bones more quickly.
If you are considering grinding bones for your pet's food, it is important to choose a grinder that is designed for the task and to follow all safety precautions to avoid injury or damage to the grinder. It is also recommended to consult with a veterinarian or pet nutritionist to ensure that your pet's diet is balanced and meets its nutritional needs.
Why are vets against raw diet?
Not all veterinarians are against raw diets for dogs, but some have concerns about the potential health risks associated with feeding raw food.
One of the main concerns is the risk of foodborne illness. Raw meat, poultry, and fish can contain harmful bacteria such as Salmonella and E. coli that can cause serious illness in both dogs and humans. Feeding a raw diet increases the risk of bacterial contamination not only for the dog but also for anyone who handles the food, including the dog's owner.
Another concern is the potential for nutritional imbalances. Raw diets can be difficult to balance properly, and if not formulated correctly, they can result in nutrient deficiencies or excesses that can lead to health problems over time.
Some veterinarians also worry that bones in a raw diet can cause intestinal obstructions or other digestive problems in dogs. This is particularly true of cooked bones, which can splinter and cause serious internal injuries. Raw bones are softer and more pliable, but there is still some risk of injury if they are not fed properly.
Finally, some veterinarians worry that raw diets may not provide the same dental benefits as some commercial kibble diets. The chewing of kibble can help clean a dog's teeth and prevent dental problems, while a raw diet may not have the same effect.
Overall, there is some debate among veterinarians about the pros and cons of raw diets for dogs. While some support them as a way to provide high-quality, natural food for dogs, others have concerns about the potential health risks and nutritional imbalances. It is important for dog owners to research raw diets thoroughly and consult with a veterinarian or a pet nutritionist before making any changes to their dog's diet.
Do dogs prefer cooked or raw meat?
Dogs are carnivorous animals, and they generally enjoy the taste of both cooked and raw meat. Some dogs may have a preference for one over the other, but this can vary based on individual taste preferences.
In terms of nutritional value, raw meat is often considered to be more beneficial for dogs as it retains more of its natural nutrients and enzymes. However, cooked meat can also be a nutritious addition to a dog's diet as long as it is cooked thoroughly and not seasoned with any spices or additives that may be harmful to dogs.
Ultimately, whether to feed your dog cooked or raw meat is a personal choice that should be based on your dog's individual nutritional needs and preferences. It is important to consult with a veterinarian or a pet nutritionist to ensure that your dog's diet is balanced and meets its nutritional requirements, regardless of whether you choose to feed them cooked or raw meat.
Also Read: Best Electric Tea Kettle for Hard Water
A meat grinder is an essential accessory for your dog on raw food. It makes preparation easier and safer.
Your dog deserves the best, but many people are hesitant to incorporate raw food into their diet because of the hassle involved. With a good meat grinder, you don't have to worry about that.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply