Cooking rice is surprisingly difficult, especially Sticky rice. This is exactly where the need for the Best Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice comes in! When you don’t want to eat another disappointing pot of overcooked, undercooked, or burnt rice, a good rice cooker can cook any type of rice perfectly every time, whether it is sticky, white, or brown rice.
Preparing sticky rice can take an entire day. Boiling rice can be a messy cleanup job, especially if not carefully observed. In contrast, rice cookers are quick and easy to use, energy-efficient, and easy to clean and maintain.
Are you considering purchasing a rice cooker? It can be quite tricky to get used to. The following buying guide will help you understand some key features so that you can make an informed choice when purchasing a rice cooker specifically for sticky rice.
Also Read: Best Indoor Grill for Burgers
Best Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice
If you love Asian cuisine, you know that sticky rice is a staple in many dishes. To achieve that perfect texture, you need the Best Rice Cooker for Sticky Rice. Our top picks make it easy to cook delicious, fluffy rice every time. Whether you prefer traditional or modern styles, we’ve got you covered. Say goodbye to overcooked or undercooked rice and hello to perfectly cooked sticky rice that’s sure to impress your guests!
Points to consider when selecting a rice cooker:
- Cooking Capabilities to Meet Your Home’s Needs
- Non-stick interior pans
- Indicator lamp
- Flexibility with keep-warm and delay functions
- Digital control and fuzzy logic
- Reheat cycle to warm up rice
- Quick Cook Cook function to reduce cooking time
- Rice texture settings for firmer or softer rice
- Durable stainless steel bowl
- Ability to cook other grains
- Steam tray for sides
- Stew and slow cook functions
- Customized measuring cups
- Scratch-resistant spoon and ladle
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
Types of Rice Cookers:
There is a great deal of variation between types of rice cookers, ranging from simple $10-plus models that cook white rice in the microwave to more expensive and sophisticated models with Induction Heating and pressure cooking technology and programmable and adjustable modes for exotic grains. Here is a list
An inexpensive cooking vessel made of plastic that keeps steam out and allows you to steam rice or food using only a microwave oven.
These are the most popular rice cookers and include the basics: a hot plate, rice cooker, outer pot, and often a steam tray. They keep things simple, using only a hot plate and timer to cook rice. Many also have auto-off, delay, and keep-warm functions, ranging from 3 cups to 60 cups for restaurants and catering.
This is a more advanced and expensive version of the rice cooker, with a computerized microchip. A heat sensor automatically adjusts the cooking time and temperature to cook any type of rice to perfection. They often help with other cooking tasks as well.
Micro-machine with IH cooker
A step up in terms of features and price, induction heaters feature Micom technology, which generates a magnetic field that constantly transfers heat to the inside of the pot for more even cooking. Since most models cost $250 or more, we considered this an exceptional buy.
Pressurized Induction-Heated Micromachines
Taking induction and micromachines a step further, these models use pressurized induction heating to raise the cooking temperature and change the texture and structure of the rice grains and starch. Prices often range between $300 and $400, but you can sometimes find them for less on eBay or Craigslist.
Best Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice | Comparison Table 2023
5-Stars Pick | Great Prices | High Quality
|Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer, 1.0-Liter||Zojirushi||Check Price|
|Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD Digital Cool-Touch Rice Grain Cooker and Food Steamer, Stainless, Silver, 4-Cup (Uncooked) / 8-Cup (Cooked)||Aroma Housewares||Check Price|
|Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker with Fuzzy Logic and One-Touch Cooking for Brown Rice, White Rice, and Porridge or Soup – 1.0 Liter – SR-DF101 (White)||Panasonic||Check Price|
|MoMA MUJI Electric Rice Food Cooker MJ-RC3A from Japan||Muji||Check Price|
|Pars Automatic Persian Rice Cooker - Tahdig Rice Maker Perfect Rice Crust, 10 Cup||Pars||Check Price|
|Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Pressure Induction Heating Rice Cooker & Warmer, 5.5 Cup, Stainless Black, Made in Japan||Zojirushi||Check Price|
|CUCKOO CRP-P1009SB | 10-Cup (Uncooked) Pressure Rice Cooker | 12 Menu Options: Quinoa, Oatmeal, GABA/Brown Rice & More, Made in Korea | Black/Copper||CUCKOO||Check Price|
|BLACK+DECKER 16-Cup Cooked/8-Cup Uncooked Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, White||BLACK+DECKER||Check Price|
|Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker||Zojirushi||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice | Reviews 2023
1. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Best Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice
- Micro computerized fuzzy logic technology. Capacity Up to 5.5 cups / 1.0 liter,Dimensions (W x D x H) 10-1/8 x 14 x 8-1/2 inches. The electrical rating is 120 volts / 610 watts
- Automatic keep warm, extended keep warm and reheating cycle
- Easy to clean clear coated stainless steel exterior, 2 delay time settings
- Interchangeable melody and beep signal
- Built in retractable power cord
- 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer, 1.0-Liter
The Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer is a compact and efficient kitchen appliance that can cook up to 5.5 cups of rice at a time. It is equipped with micro computerized fuzzy logic technology that ensures perfectly cooked rice every time. The cooker has a capacity of 1.0 liter and its dimensions are 10-1/8 x 14 x 8-1/2 inches. It has an electrical rating of 120 volts / 610 watts.
One of the standout features of the Zojirushi NS-TSC10 is its automatic keep warm, extended keep warm and reheating cycle. This allows you to keep your rice warm and fresh for hours, making it perfect for busy families or for those who like to meal prep. Additionally, it has an easy-to-clean clear coated stainless steel exterior, 2 delay time settings, and interchangeable melody and beep signal.
Another great feature of this rice cooker is its built-in retractable power cord. This allows you to easily transport and store the rice cooker, making it a great option for small kitchens or for those who like to take their cooker on the go. The cooker also comes with a removable inner lid that detaches for easy cleaning, a nonstick-coated inner cooking pan to prevent rice from sticking, and a steam basket that can be used to steam foods and cook rice at the same time.
- Equipped with micro computerized fuzzy logic technology for perfect rice every time.
- Automatic keep warm, extended keep warm, and reheating cycle.
- Easy to clean clear coated stainless steel exterior.
- Built-in retractable power cord for easy transport and storage.
- Removable inner lid for easy cleaning.
- The cooker has a capacity of 5.5 cups only.
- It doesn’t have a timer function.
- The power cord is not detachable.
Also Read: Best French Press for Tea
2. Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD Digital Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice
- Multi-Functional Use – Whether youre in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies, and rice, or even a delectable cake, you can accomplish it all with your rice cooker. The possibilities are as creative as you are.
- User-Friendly Programming – Easy-to-use with 4 preset digital functions and automatic Keep Warm mode when the cooking is finished.
- Nutritious & Delicious – The built-in Steam function allows for nutrient-rich meals to be prepared above white rice, soup, or any other meal simultaneously cooks below, allowing you to save time without sacrificing quality.
- 15-Hour Delay Timer – The programmable delay timer is great for families on the go, delivering delicious meals ready when they're needed, up to 15 hours in advance.
- Compact Capacity: 4-Cup (Uncooked)/8-Cup (Cooked). Its compact capacity is perfect for preparing small individual meals or delicious side dishes.
- Accessories – Includes a Bonded Granite nonstick inner pot, steam tray, rice measuring cup, and serving spatula. Power consumption: 120V/60Hz 450W
- Upgraded Inner Pot – The provided 8x Bonded Granite nonstick inner pot that is more durable than ceramic and traditional pots, has a completely toxic-free makeup and is dishwasher safe
- Item holds up to 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice. 8 cups is the cooked rice capacity. Rice must be cooked in the cup that comes along with this product.
- Steams meat and vegetables while rice cooks below
- Easy-to-use, programmable digital controls with automatic Keep-Warm and White Rice and Brown Rice functions
- Great for soups, jambalaya, chili, and more. Save time with the Flash Rice function which cuts cooking time by up to 50%
- 15-hour Delay Timer for flexible meal planning
- Includes steam tray, rice measuring cup, serving spatula, and exclusive recipes and coupons for Mahatma and Carolina Rice
- Cool-Touch Rice Grain Cooker and Food Steamer, Stainless, Silver, 4-Cup (Uncooked) / 8-Cup (Cooked)
The Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD Digital Cool-Touch Rice Grain Cooker and Food Steamer is a versatile kitchen appliance that allows you to cook a variety of meals with ease. With its 4 preset digital functions and automatic Keep Warm mode, this rice cooker is user-friendly and easy to use. Its built-in Steam function allows for nutrient-rich meals to be prepared above white rice, soup, or any other meal simultaneously cooks below, saving you time without sacrificing quality.
The programmable delay timer is great for families on the go, delivering delicious meals ready when they're needed, up to 15 hours in advance. The compact capacity of 4-Cup (Uncooked)/8-Cup (Cooked) is perfect for preparing small individual meals or delicious side dishes.
- Multi-functional use for a variety of meals.
- User-friendly programming with preset digital functions and automatic Keep Warm mode.
- Built-in Steam function for nutrient-rich meals.
- 15-hour Delay Timer for flexible meal planning.
- Includes accessories such as a nonstick inner pot and steam tray.
- Compact capacity may not be suitable for larger families or meal prepping.
- The rice must be cooked in the cup provided with the product.
- The power consumption is quite high.
3. Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice
- JAPANESE-STYLE RICE COOKER* – Industry leading induction cooking which creates an electrical current inside the pot to heat and cook rice, porridge, soup and more
- ADVANCED FUZZY LOGIC TECHNOLOGY – A Micro-computer makes delicate adjustments in cooking times and temperatures for precise cooking and more consistent results
- ONE TOUCH COOKING – Easily choose a pre-programmed setting to cook anything from brown rice, white rice, glutinous rice, mixed rice, short or long-grained rice – cooked to restaurant-quality perfection
- KEEP WARM FEATURE - The rice cookers automatic shut-off function prevents overcooking, while its handy keep-warm setting activates automatically when cooking is complete, holding contents at an ideal serving temperature for up to 12 hours
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES - Along with the steaming basket, the rice cooker provides a special measuring cup for portioning the desired amount, as well as a non-scratching rice spoon for authentic Asian-style service
The Panasonic SR-DF101 rice cooker is a Japanese-style cooker that utilizes industry-leading induction cooking technology to heat and cook rice, porridge, soup, and more. The advanced fuzzy logic technology, which is controlled by a micro-computer, makes delicate adjustments to cooking times and temperatures for precise and consistent results. This rice cooker is easy to use, with a one-touch cooking feature that allows you to choose from a variety of pre-programmed settings, including brown rice, white rice, glutinous rice, mixed rice, and short or long-grained rice, all cooked to restaurant-quality perfection.
One of the standout features of the SR-DF101 rice cooker is the keep-warm function, which automatically activates when cooking is complete, holding contents at an ideal serving temperature for up to 12 hours. This ensures that your rice will be ready to eat when you are, without the risk of overcooking.
- Utilizes industry-leading induction cooking technology for precise and consistent results.
- One-touch cooking feature for easy use.
- Keep-warm function holds contents at an ideal serving temperature for up to 12 hours.
- Includes a steaming basket and special measuring cup.
- The automatic shut-off function prevents overcooking.
- Only has a 1-liter capacity, and may not be suitable for larger families or meal prepping.
- The product is white, which may not match other kitchen appliances
- No timer function, so you have to monitor the cooking time manually.
Also Read: Best Non-Stick Pan For Dosa
4. MoMA MUJI Electric Rice Food Cooker MJ-RC3A from Japan
- Rice Cooker
- Muji Rice Cooker
- Japanese Rice Cooker
- 3 cups | White, mixed, brown, rinse-free, quick, sprouted, curry, porridge, timer, keep warm
The MoMA MUJI Electric Rice Food Cooker MJ-RC3A is a high-quality rice cooker made in Japan by the well-known brand Mujirushi, also known as MUJI. The model number for this rice cooker is MJ-RC3A. This rice cooker has external dimensions of 20.8 x 25.4 x 18.6mm and weighs 2.4kg.
The rice cooking capacity for this rice cooker ranges from 0.09L to 0.54L, which is equivalent to 3 cups of white rice. The power consumption for this device is 380W, making it energy efficient. This rice cooker offers several rice menu options such as white rice, rinse-free rice, high-speed and brown rice, germinated brown rice, and curry for porridge. The cord length for this rice cooker is about 1.0m.
- High-quality rice cooker made by the well-known brand Mujirushi.
- Multiple rice menu options are available.
- Energy is efficient with a power consumption of 380W.
- Has a cooking capacity of up to 3 cups of rice.
- Sleek and compact design with external dimensions of 20.8 x 25.4 x 18.6mm.
- Only compatible with 100V, need a step-up transformer when using on countries with higher voltage
- not suitable for use in countries where the voltage is higher than 100V.
- Does not come with a measuring cup or rice paddle in the package.
5. Pars Automatic Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice
- MASTER THE ART of perfect rice tahdig with a Pars Rice Cooker. Available in 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, and 15 cup capacities, Pars Rice Cookers are home essentials for anyone who savors that prized golden crust at the bottom of the rice steamer pot.
- CUSTOMIZABLE TIMER on the Pars Persian Rice Maker eliminates guesswork from achieving the crown jewel of Persian cuisine. With auto-off and keep-warm functions, guests will be amazed that you turn out perfect tahdig every time.
- NON-STICK POT in our rice steamer cooker makes clean-up a breeze. Go right from the pars cooker to the table with the removable pot. Afterward, add the pot to your dishwasher and enjoy more time with family and friends.
- DURABLE AND RUSTPROOF stainless steel construction makes the Persian Rice Cooker by Pars an enduring small kitchen appliance and a thoughtful wedding gift. Its detachable cord allows easy storage in small kitchens.
- INCLUDED FREE with every rice cooker pars steamer is a food-safe plastic rice scoop, rice measuring cup, and user manual. Discover stews, meats and vegetables that superbly complement your crispy Persian rice.
- - Tahdig Rice Maker Perfect Rice Crust, 10 Cup
The Pars Automatic Persian Rice Cooker is a must-have kitchen appliance for anyone who loves to make perfect tahdig rice. This rice cooker is available in a range of sizes, including 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, and 15-cup capacities, making it suitable for small and large households.
One of the standout features of the Pars Rice Cooker is its customizable timer. This eliminates the guesswork from achieving the perfect tahdig, giving you complete control over the cooking process. The auto-off and keep-warm functions also ensure that your rice will be ready to serve as soon as you're ready to eat.
Another great feature of the Pars Rice Cooker is its non-stick pot, which makes clean-up a breeze. You can easily remove the pot from the cooker and take it straight to the table. The pot is also dishwasher safe, so you can spend more time with your family and friends instead of cleaning up. The rice cooker is made of durable and rust-proof stainless steel construction, making it an enduring small kitchen appliance and a thoughtful wedding gift. Its detachable cord allows for easy storage in small kitchens. Additionally, it comes with a food-safe plastic rice scoop, rice measuring cup, and user manual, so you can discover stews, meats and vegetables that superbly complement your crispy Persian rice.
- Available in multiple sizes for different household needs.
- Customizable timer for precise cooking.
- Non-stick pot for easy clean-up.
- Durable and rust-proof stainless steel construction.
- Includes a rice scoop, measuring cup, and user manual.
- The timer function may not be accurate for everyone’s liking.
- The instructions manual might be not detailed enough for first-time users.
- The price of the product may be considered high by some consumers.
6. Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Pressure Induction Heating Rice Cooker
- Capacity Up to 5.5 cups / 1.0 liter
- Pressurized Cooking and Steaming: Promotes gelatinization and produces sticky and plump rice Automatically selects from 3 pressure levels according to the menu selected Utilizes 4 different pressure settings to perfect variety of textures Applies pressure at the end during steaming to burn off excess moisture for best cooking results
- Menu settings include: white (regular, softer or harder), umami, mixed, sushi/sweet, Jasmine, porridge, congee, brown, GABA brown, steel cut oatmeal, rinse-free and quick cooking
- Advanced fuzzy logic technology with AI (Artificial Intelligence): AI technology “learns” and adjusts the cooking cycle to get perfect results
- BPA-free (all areas that come into contact with food or beverage)
- Included components: Pressure Induction Heating Rice Cooker, Rice Spatula, Spatula Holder, and 2 Measuring Cups (regular and green rinse-free)
- Made in Japan
- & Warmer, 5.5 Cup, Stainless Black, Made in Japan
The Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB is a high-end rice cooker and warmer that boasts a range of advanced features to help you achieve perfect results every time. With a capacity of up to 5.5 cups, this cooker is perfect for small to medium-sized families.
One of the key features of this rice cooker is its pressurized cooking and steaming function, which promotes gelatinization and produces sticky and plump rice. The cooker automatically selects from 3 pressure levels according to the menu selected, and utilizes 4 different pressure settings to perfect a variety of textures. Additionally, the cooker applies pressure at the end during steaming to burn off excess moisture for the best cooking results.
Another standout feature of this rice cooker is its advanced fuzzy logic technology with AI (Artificial Intelligence). This technology "learns" and adjusts the cooking cycle to get perfect results, which ensures that your rice is always cooked to perfection. Additionally, this rice cooker is BPA-free, meaning that all areas that come into contact with food or beverage are safe for use.
- Pressurized cooking and steaming promote gelatinization and produces sticky and plump rice.
- Automatically selects from 3 pressure levels according to the menu selected.
- Utilizes 4 different pressure settings to perfect a variety of textures.
- Advanced fuzzy logic technology with AI for perfect results.
- BPA-free, safe for food and beverage contact.
- It’s a bit expensive
- It’s quite heavy
- It’s only available in one size (5.5 cups)
Also Read: Best Rice Cooker for Oatmeal
7. CUCKOO CRP-P1009SB | 10-Cup (Uncooked) Pressure Rice Cooker
- KOREAN MADE ELECTRIC PRESSURE RICE COOKER: Developed by the finest of experts, the heating plate pressure technology is specially designed to cook exceptionally delicious rice with improved cooking times.
- UNIQUE 12 MENU OPTIONS: Use this pressure rice cooker for brown rice, white rice, GABA rice, porridge, mixed rice, & more!
- LARGE 10 CUP CAPACITY: The 10-cup (20 cups cooked) rice cooker provides the perfect serving amount for larger families
- FULL STAINLESS-STEEL INNER POT: The durable inner pot is scratch-proof, non-stick & non-toxic as its curve shaped body provides optimal heat distribution.
- SMART-COOKING PRESSURE RICE COOKER: This smart rice cooker includes a smart cooking algorithm designed to automatically cook perfect rice each time.
- | 12 Menu Options: Quinoa, Oatmeal, GABA/Brown Rice & More, Made in Korea | Black/Copper
The CUCKOO CRP-P1009SB is a high-quality electric pressure rice cooker made in Korea. Developed by experts, this rice cooker uses heating plate pressure technology to cook exceptionally delicious rice in improved cooking times. The unique 12 menu options allow you to use this pressure rice cooker for a variety of grains, including brown rice, white rice, GABA rice, porridge, mixed rice, and more.
This pressure rice cooker has a large 10-cup (20 cups cooked) capacity, making it the perfect serving amount for larger families. The durable inner pot is made of full stainless steel and is scratch-proof, non-stick, and non-toxic. The curved shape of the inner pot provides optimal heat distribution for perfectly cooked rice every time.
- Uses heating plate pressure technology for improved cooking times
- 12 menu options for various grains
- Large 10-cup capacity for larger families
- Durable full stainless-steel inner pot that is scratch-proof and non-stick
- The curved shape of the inner pot provides optimal heat distribution
- Not specified the exact cooking time
- Not specified the price
- Not specified if it has a warranty or not.
8. BLACK+DECKER Best Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice
- 16-Cup Capacity - Prepare anywhere from 3 to 16 cups of cooked rice, great for one large meal or to save as leftovers.
- Steaming Basket - The included steaming basket lets you make healthy meals with vegetables, fish, and more.
- Removable Nonstick Bowl - The nonstick cooking bowl is completely removable for easy dishwasher cleanup.
- Automatic Keep Warm - The rice stays ready for serving! The unit automatically switches to the “keep warm” function after cooking is complete
- Two Heat Settings - Cooking stops when all moisture is absorbed, then the rice cooker switches to warming mode.
- 16-Cup Cooked/8-Cup Uncooked Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, White
The BLACK+DECKER 2-in-1 Rice Cooker and Food Steamer is a versatile kitchen appliance that can cook up to 6 cups of cooked rice or 3 cups of uncooked rice at a time. It is perfect for small or large meals, as well as for leftovers. The included food steaming basket allows you to make healthy meals with vegetables, fish, and more.
One of the key features of this rice cooker is its automatic keep-warm function. Once the cooking is complete, the rice cooker automatically switches to the "keep warm" function, ensuring that the rice stays ready for serving. The nonstick rice pot is completely removable for easy dishwasher cleanup. The measuring cup included makes it easy to cook the perfect amount of rice, and the plastic serving spoon prevents accidental scratches to the nonstick rice pot.
- Can cook up to 6 cups of cooked rice or 3 cups of uncooked rice at a time.
- Includes a food steaming basket for making healthy meals.
- The automatic keep-warm function keeps rice ready for serving.
- The nonstick rice pot is removable for easy cleaning.
- A measuring cup and spoon are included for accurate cooking.
- Only able to cook rice and steamed food, no other functions.
- The capacity may be too small for large families or gatherings.
- A steam vent in the lid could be better designed.
Also Read: Best Large Capacity Slow Cookers
9. Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
- Easy-to-use single switch control
- See-through glass lid with stay cool knob
- Stay cool handles for easy transport
- Durable nonstick inner cooking pan
- Every Zojirushi rice cooker comes with a plastic measuring cup. This cup has a capacity of 6 ounces or about 3/4 of a U.S. measuring cup. The capacity of the rice cooker is counted in these 6-ounce cups of uncooked short-grain white rice. One 6-ounce cup of raw rice makes about 2 to 3, 6-ounce cups of cooked rice
The Zojirushi NHS-06 is a 3-cup (uncooked) rice cooker that is easy to use and comes in white. It features a single switch control, making it easy for anyone to operate. The see-through glass lid allows you to monitor the cooking process, and the stay-cool knob ensures that the lid stays cool to the touch for easy handling. The stay-cool handles make it easy to transport the rice cooker from the kitchen to the dining table. The durable nonstick inner cooking pan ensures that the rice does not stick and is easy to clean.
One of the great features of this rice cooker is that it comes with a plastic measuring cup that has a capacity of 6 ounces, or about 3/4 of a U.S. measuring cup. The capacity of the rice cooker is measured in these 6-ounce cups of uncooked short-grain white rice. One 6-ounce cup of raw rice makes about 2 to 3, 6-ounce cups of cooked rice.
- Easy to use with single switch control.
- See-through glass lid for monitoring the cooking process.
- Stay cool knob and handles for easy handling.
- Durable nonstick inner cooking pan for easy cleaning.
- Comes with a plastic measuring cup with a 6-ounce capacity.
- Small capacity of only 3-cups (uncooked)
- Only suitable for cooking short-grain white rice
- Plastic measuring cups may not be as durable as some users would like.
How To Choose The Best Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice | Buying Guide 2023:
Rice cookers generally come in a wide range of capacities, from 3 to 10 cups of raw rice. If you intend to cook rice, you may want to double the capacity. Incidentally, for a typical small family, a 3-cup rice cooker is sufficient.
Therefore, you can choose the capacity you need according to your needs.
However, be sure to check the specifications, as some companies indicate the capacity in terms of the amount of rice cooked, while others do not.
When looking for a rice cooker, you may be confused with a multi-cooker that also functions as a rice cooker. These cookers are sealed and, like rice cookers, use heat and pressure to speed up the cooking process. The multicooker performs some of these functions, but it is not a rice cooker in the traditional sense.
Generally, indoor pans are made of stainless steel or aluminum. You can easily choose a pan based on your preference for durability and ease of cleaning.
Some models also have nonstick-coated pans, which are easier to clean, especially when cooking sticky rice. You can always make your choice based on how you feel.
Timers and alarms
This is a common feature in Micom and IH rice cookers, but the basic models work on a more one-touch principle. Plus, the Delayed Start function is very useful if you want to cook rice after you get home from work.
Rice cookers are commonly used to cook sticky rice, but modern rice cookers have the ability to change the texture of the rice depending on the recipe and the type of rice used to make it. In other words, you can cook both sticky Thai rice and firm basmati rice in the same easy way.
Also Read: Best Safe Mandoline Slicer
Each rice cooker offers a variety of settings that allow you to cook rice the way you want. The most common settings are reheated, white rice, and brown rice. Many rice cookers also offer settings for different dishes, such as porridge, risotto, and soup.
In more expensive rice cookers, you may be able to set pre-washed, semi-cooked, or brown rice, allowing you to cook the rice the way you like it!
If you use your rice cooker frequently and cook a variety of dishes, pay attention to the rice cooker settings.
In addition to the inner pot with lid, rice cookers are generally available with a variety of accessories. These include measuring cups, spatulas or ladles, steaming bowls, and spoon/spatula holders. While not expensive, additional accessories are always there to make your life easier.
With these things in mind, you will likely be able to quickly select your dream rice cooker for all types of rice, including sticky rice.
Also Read: Best Dutch Oven Under $100
When buying a new appliance, you should always make sure that it has a good warranty. This way, you can be prepared for any malfunctions during normal use. Be careful, however, because many companies say that "everything is covered by warranty" but only fully warrant certain parts or functions. While all of the cookers on our list have some sort of warranty and are offered by reputable companies, it is always a good idea to read the fine print of any warranty information you may receive. That way you can be sure what is covered by the warranty and what is not. This certainty will save you from unexpected repair bills.
When purchasing a product, it is important to be aware of the brand. It is a good idea to look for a trusted brand known for producing kitchen equipment. Even better, it could be a rice cooker. However, you may not find it. Popular American rice cooker brands include Hamilton Beach, Black and Decker, and Aroma. Japanese companies such as Toshiba and Zojirushi also make quality rice cookers.
Best Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice | Video Explanation
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Should sticky rice be washed before cooking?
- When rice is washed or washed, some of the nutrients and starch originally contained in the rice are removed. However, the remaining starch in the rice is what gives it its flavor for those who enjoy it! If washing rice before cooking, rinse the rice and drain off the emulsion. Rinse it several times until the water runs clear.
- Also, depending on where you get your rice, it may need to be washed. In most developed countries, rice does not need to be washed before cooking. Whatever your preference, you will surely love the taste of sticky rice and all the foods that go with it.
- How should sticky rice be stored?
- Sticky rice should be eaten the same day it is cooked! However, sticky rice can be stored for one or two days. The longer sticky rice is stored, the stickier it will become; if you do not eat it within 2 days, we recommend that you make some to keep.
- Sticky rice can also be frozen! Just put it in a plastic bag and it will keep for about 2 months.
- What other types of food can I cook in my rice cooker?
- There are many types of food you can cook in a rice cooker! First, cereal is an excellent staple food that can be cooked in bulk and eaten right when you want it. Cereals such as quinoa and rolled oats can be cooked in a rice cooker. Follow the instructions for your rice cooker. Vegetables can also be boiled or steamed to make tasty accompaniments.
- How long does it take to cook sticky rice in a rice cooker?
- (We recommend checking the manual for the rice cooker you are purchasing, as the time settings vary depending on the rice cooker. However, sticky rice usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes to cook in the rice cooker. This is 10 minutes less than cooking on the stove and even less than steaming by hand!
- If sticky rice is unavailable or not available. What is a good alternative rice?
- There is no substitute for short-grain sticky rice, but if sticky rice is not available, short-grain rice is the best option Short-grain rice tends to be stickier than medium-grain or long-grain varieties due to its higher starch content. Examples of short-grain rice varieties include sushi rice, Calrose rice, and short-grain brown rice. If sticky rice is not available, try different varieties. But nothing beats sticky rice! If your supermarket does not have this variety of rice, try an Asian supermarket.
- Sometimes rice burns in the rice cooker, why?
- If your rice cooker is not equipped with Fuzzy Logic, it may continue to cook the rice even after the water is gone. The rice may burn. It is important to leave enough water for cooking and check the rice many times to make sure that this does not happen.
Don't try to keep rice warm overnight in a rice cooker, as it will dry out the rice. It is only designed to keep rice warm for 4-5 hours. If you overcook rice and want to eat the rest the next day, put the extra rice in a container and store it in the refrigerator. The next day, the rice can be cooked again in a rice cooker or microwave oven.
Investing in the Best Rice Cooker for Sticky Rice is a game changer for your Asian cuisine. With features like specialized rice settings, non-stick surfaces, and even cooking technology, you'll never have to settle for less-than-perfect rice again. Whether you're a seasoned cook or just starting out, a high-quality rice cooker is a must-have in any kitchen. Get ready to impress your family and friends with delicious, perfectly cooked sticky rice every time!
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply