Rice is a nutritious and filling food that can be combined with a variety of dishes to create satisfying meals. Brown rice, sticky rice, white rice, or sushi rice, depending on your preference, can be cooked in a pressure cooker, Japanese rice cooker, or another steamer.
It is especially troubling to have to make 12 cups of any one menu item at a time when you want to make enough for one or two people. Recently, small rice cookers have become very popular, making it easy to cook “single servings”.`
Here are the top 9 small rice cookers, so you can choose the best one and make sure you always have delicious rice.
Is A Mini Rice Cooker Worth Buying?
Whether or not a mini rice cooker is worth it depends on your needs and preferences. Mini rice cookers are small and compact, making them a good choice for people who have limited kitchen space or who only need to cook small amounts of rice at a time. They are also typically less expensive than full-sized rice cookers.
However, mini rice cookers may not be suitable for larger families or for those who frequently cook large quantities of rice. They also may not have as many features as full-sized rice cookers, such as the ability to cook different types of grains or to keep the rice warm after cooking.
Overall, a mini rice cooker can be a convenient and cost-effective option for people with limited rice-cooking needs, but those who need to cook large quantities of rice or who want more advanced features may be better off with a full-sized rice cooker.
An Investment In A Small Rice Cooker
An investment in a small rice cooker can be a convenient and cost-effective way to prepare the rice at home. Small rice cookers are compact and easy to store, making them a good choice for people who have limited kitchen space or who only need to cook small quantities of rice at a time. They are also typically less expensive than larger rice cookers, making them a more budget-friendly option.
A small rice cooker can be a convenient appliance for people who enjoy eating rice but don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking it on the stove. It can also be a good choice for people who are new to cooking rice and want an easy-to-use appliance that takes the guesswork out of the process.
Overall, a small rice cooker can be a worthwhile investment for people who want an easy and convenient way to cook rice at home. Just be sure to choose a reliable and high-quality model that will meet your needs and last for many years to come.
What Is The Best And Smallest Rice Cooker?
Before you begin your search, decide which type of small rice cooker best suits your needs. Among the best small rice cookers, you will find.
Conventional: a conventional rice cooker that requires the rice to be soaked before the cooker is turned on and turned off when the steaming process is complete.
Microprocessor: also known as a microprocessor rice cooker, this device makes the rice cooking process easier. Simply place the washed rice in the rice cooker, and the microprocessor will control most of the remaining processes, such as soaking, boiling, and steaming. Once cooked, the rice is served just whisked.
Combination: A multifunctional appliance that not only cooks rice but also steams and bakes it.
IH: This is a rice cooker that can cook rice without an open flame. They use conductive materials and high-frequency electricity to heat the inner container and cook rice.
Best Small Rice Cookers | Comparison Table 2023
Top Quality | 5 Star Pick | Great Price
|Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD Digital Cool-Touch Rice Grain Cooker and Food Steamer, Stainless, Silver, 4-Cup (Uncooked) / 8-Cup (Cooked)||Aroma Housewares||Check Price|
|Aroma Housewares ARC-363-1NGB 3 Uncooked/6 Cups Cooked Rice Cooker, Steamer, Multicooker, 2-6 cups, Black||Aroma Housewares||Check Price|
|Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer, 3-Cups (uncooked), Stainless Black||Zojirushi||Check Price|
|DASH Mini Rice Cooker Steamer with Removable Nonstick Pot, Keep Warm Function & Recipe Guide, 2 cups, for Soups, Stews, Grains & Oatmeal - Black||DASH||Check Price|
|GreenLife Healthy Ceramic Nonstick 4-Cup Rice Oats and Grains Cooker, PFAS-Free, Dishwasher Safe Parts, White||GreenLife||Check Price|
|Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker||Zojirushi||Check Price|
|Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 3 Quart||Instant Pot||Check Price|
|Panasonic Rice Cooker, Steamer & Multi-Cooker, 3-Cups (Cooked), 1.5-Cups (Uncooked), SR-3NAL – Silver||Panasonic||Check Price|
|Cuisinart CRC-400 4 Cup Rice Cooker, Stainless Steel Exterior||Cuisinart||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Top 9 Small Rice Cookers | Reviews 2023
1. Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD: Best Brand For Rice Cooker
- Multi-Functional Use – Whether you're in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies, and rice, or even a delectable cake, you can accomplish it all with your rice cooker. The possibilities are as creative as you are.
- User-Friendly Programming – Easy-to-use with 4 preset digital functions and automatic Keep Warm mode when the cooking is finished.
- Nutritious & Delicious – The built-in Steam function allows for nutrient-rich meals to be prepared above white rice, soup, or any other meal simultaneously cooks below, allowing you to save time without sacrificing quality.
- 15-Hour Delay Timer – The programmable delay timer is great for families on the go, delivering delicious meals ready when they're needed, up to 15 hours in advance.
- Compact Capacity: 4-Cup (Uncooked)/8-Cup (Cooked). Its compact capacity is perfect for preparing small individual meals or delicious side dishes.
- Accessories – Includes a Bonded Granite nonstick inner pot, steam tray, rice measuring cup, and serving spatula. Power consumption: 120V/60Hz 450W
- Upgraded Inner Pot – The provided 8x Bonded Granite nonstick inner pot that is more durable than ceramic and traditional pots, has a completely toxic-free makeup, and is dishwasher safe
- Item holds up to 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice. 8 cups are the cooked rice capacity. Rice must be cooked in the cup that comes along with this product.
- Steams meat and vegetables while rice cooks below
- Easy-to-use, programmable digital controls with automatic Keep-Warm and White Rice and Brown Rice functions
- Great for soups, jambalaya, chili, and more. Save time with the Flash Rice function which cuts cooking time by up to 50%
- 15-hour Delay Timer for flexible meal planning
- Includes steam tray, rice measuring cup, serving spatula, and exclusive recipes and coupons for Mahatma and Carolina Rice
Also Read: Best Ice Cream Maker For Home
2. Aroma Housewares ARC-363-1NGB Best 3-cup Rice Cooker
- Multi-Functional Use – Whether you're in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies, and rice, or a belly-warming soup, you can accomplish it all with your rice cooker. The possibilities are as creative as you are.
- One-Touch Operation – This cooker is a proud member of our “set it and forget it” mentality. The one-touch operation is fool-proof – just fill it, power it on, and cook! BPA free
- Simultaneous Steaming – With the included steam tray, steam foods above white rice, soup, or any other meal simultaneously cooks below, allowing you to save time without sacrificing quality.
- Automatic Keep Warm – Switches to Keep Warm mode automatically once the cooking cycle is completed to keep your foods at perfect serving temperatures.
- Convenient Cooking & Cleaning – With the included nonstick inner pot, you can rest assured that cooking will be a breeze. When the cooking is completed, the inner pot can be safely and conveniently cleaned in the dishwasher!
- Compact Capacity – 6-cup cooked capacity yielding 2 to 6 cups of cooked rice. Its compact capacity is perfect for preparing small individual meals or delicious side dishes.
- Accessories – Includes a nonstick inner pot, tempered glass lid, aluminum steam tray, rice measuring cup, and serving spatula. Power consumption: 120V/60Hz 300W
- Capacity: yields up to 6-cup cooked rice (3-cup uncooked)
- Removable Nonstick Cooking Pot with External Steam Tray
- One-Touch Operation with Automatic Keep-Warm
- Steams meat and vegetables while cooking rice simultaneously
- Tempered Glass Lid
- 2 Year Warranty
3. Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Best 2-Cup Rice Cooker
- Multi-menu cooking functions: Special settings for white/mixed riced, sushi rice, brown rice, GABA brown rice, long grain white rice, steel cut oatmeal and quick cooking
- Best Rice Cooker Overall
- Triple heater (bottom, side, and lid) generate heat all around for even heating.Up to 3 cups / 0.54 liter. Capacity is measured in the approx. 6 oz. / 180mL rice measuring cup, using raw short-grain white rice. Other grains may vary
- Dimensions (W x D x H):9-1/8 x 11-7/8 x 7-1/2 inches. Detachable and washable inner lid
- Easy to store the retractable cord. Interchangeable melody and beep signal
- Removable steam vent cap allow for high-temperature cooking without messy overflows. Electrical rating: 120 Volts or 450 Watts. Microcomputer automatically adjusts cooking temperature and time
- Cooks rice with the push of a button and I can seriously go watch Real Housewives and not worry about setting the kitchen on fire.
- The handles and lid knob stay cool to the touch, so you never have to worry about burning your hands, while the nonstick inner pan makes cleanup a breeze.
Also Read: Best Toaster Oven for Baking
4. DASH Mini Compact Rice Cooker
- MORE THAN RICE: Oatmeal, stew, soup, quinoa, rice, and pasta. The 2-cup capacity allows for healthier portion control, or individual, quick and easy breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, or sides.
- QUICK plus EASY: Set it and forget it. Prep time is minutes (simply add water and your uncooked rice, pasta, or veggies), and press the cook button. Your steamed meal (or side) is ready in less than 20 minutes, with less clean up.
- KEEP WARM FUNCTION: Updated with a keep warm function and indicator light - never overheat or overcook ingredients again, making for a healthy, perfect meal each and every time.
- PORTABLE plus COMPACT: The Dash Rice Cooker is your MUST-HAVE for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/RV traveling. Plus, the fun color options will match any kitchen décor (add to your registry now.).
- INCLUDES: The 200-Watt Dash Mini Rice Cooker is backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty and includes a rice paddle, measuring cup, removable pot with PFOA-free nonstick coating, recipe book, and recipe database access
- It really is nonstick it takes me seconds to clean.
- The handle and knob on top of the lid stay cool for pain-free transporting.
7. Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1: Best Budget Rice Cooker
- 7-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Pressure cook, slow cook, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan and food warmer.
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING: 13 customizable Smart Programs for pressure cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more.
- COOK FAST OR SLOW: Pressure cook delicious one-pot meals up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods or slow cook your favorite traditional recipes – just like grandma used to make.
- QUICK AND EASY CLEAN UP: Finger-print resistant, stainless-steel sides and dishwasher-safe lid, inner pot, and accessories.
- PROVEN SAFETY FEATURES: Includes over 10 safety features, plus overheat protection and safe-locking lid
- PERFECT SIZE: Cook for up to 3 people – perfect for smaller families, or meal prepping and batch cooking for singles.
- VERSATILE INNER COOKING POT: We use food-grade stainless-steel, a tri-ply bottom for more even cooking and perfect for sautéing
- DISCOVER AMAZING RECIPES: Download our free Instant Pot app, so you can create quick new favorites and prepare delicious meals, available iOS and Android.
Also Read: Best Electric Tea Kettle for Hard Water
8. Panasonic Electric Rice Cooker
- Easily prepare 3 cups of freshly cooked rice and other foods: this Panasonic rice cooker prepares up to 1.5 cups of uncooked rice (3 cups cooked); use with white, brown, yellow, short or long grain rice and other foods including oatmeal, soups and vegetables
- One-switch automatic cooking: simple, one step operation with the push of a button; Includes automatic shutoff function when cooking is complete
- Durable non-stick coated aluminum pan: The resilient, non-stick aluminum coated inner pan evenly distributes heat to ensure fully cooked rice, Designed to withstand years of continual heat and use, and is easy to clean
- Glass lid with white plastic knob: A tempered see through glass lid with plastic knob lets you safely monitor cooking
- Included accessories: A best rice begins with the right measurements and accessories, This Panasonic rice cooker includes a measuring cup and clear measuring lines (for water) in the inner pan for easy cooking and serving
- The unit is easy to use with a one-step automatic cooking and shut-off feature and it uses an economical 310 watts of power when in operation.
- The unit is easy to use with a one-step automatic cooking and shut-off feature and it uses an economical 310 watts of power when in operation.
9. Cuisinart CRC-400: Best Mini Rice Cooker
- Cuisinart rice cooker steams rice, meats and vegetables
- Square modern shape finished in brushed stainless steel
- Includes: Stainless-steel steaming basket, Non-stick, coated anodized aluminum cooking bowl, glass lid, paddle and measuring cup
- Automatically switches to warm when cooking is done
- NOTE: Please ensure to measure rice in the cup that comes along with the product ONLY
- The Cuisinart CRC-400 is a tightly packed appliance that stores nicely thanks to its square design. It doesn’t take up too much space on a countertop so you can enjoy a stress-free cooking experience.
- What’s really remarkable about the Cuisinart CRC-400 is that it comes with a three-year warranty. While most other rice cookers only have a one-year warranty, the extra years on this guarantee are a really nice bonus. It shows that Cuisinart stands behind its appliances, and no issues should arise.
What To Look For When Buying Best Small Rice Cookers | Ultimate Guide 2023
Small rice cookers can hold from 2 to 7 cups of rice. Read the product specifications carefully. Depending on the manufacturer, the capacity of the rice cooker may be listed in cups of dry rice or in cooked rice. Depending on the type of rice, generally, 1 cup of dry rice will make about 2 cups of cooked rice. Consider the amount of rice you will be preparing at one time and look for a rice cooker that can handle it.
Also, pay attention to the overall dimensions of the rice cooker. Choose a model that will fit on your counter or in your storage space.
When looking for a small rice cooker, choose a model with a durable exterior, such as hard plastic or stainless steel.
Also, pay attention to the inside of the pot and lid. Choose materials that are durable, easy to clean, and BPA-free. Stainless steel and non-stick coated pans are popular. For cookers with removable lids, choose a sturdy material that won’t break easily in case of an accident. For glass lids, tempered glass is the most resistant to breakage.
Settings and Cooking Controls
A basic rice cooker may have only one button for cooking rice. Others offer more advanced settings, such as the ability to cook white and brown rice separately, a convenient “keep warm” function, and even “steam” and “bake” functions. Some rice cookers have buttons or switches to control settings. Some may also have more sophisticated digital displays.
Compare the settings and controls of each small rice cooker and choose the model that best suits your preferences.
Some rice cookers offer settings for different types of rice, such as white rice or brown rice. Other rice cookers can be used as multi-cookers, steaming fish and vegetables, making porridge, or baking cakes. Choose between a simple rice cooker or a multifunctional appliance.
Easy to clean
A small, easy-to-clean rice cooker can make cooking rice more enjoyable. Non-stick inner pots are easier to clean than materials such as stainless steel. Some pots and lids are dishwashers.
Also Read: Best Milk Steamer for Home Use
In the case of rice cookers, cheap is not always good enough. Price is not the only criterion for quality, but as a rule of thumb, cheap = low quality and expensive = high quality. If you know you will be using the rice cooker frequently, it is advisable to invest in a higher-quality cooker… The good news is that many rice cookers, even high-end ones, are generally affordable to consumers!
Removable inner lid
A small rice cooker with a removable inner lid is easy to clean after cooking and prevents rice from sticking or burning.
High-quality inner pot
The inner pot is coated with a coating that prevents rice from sticking to the rice. The use of a high-quality inner pot makes the product more durable. If the inner pot is made of poor-quality material, it is expected that the inner pot will peel and stick.
Some small rice cookers have fewer digital features than others. For example, Zojirushi’s NHS-06 3-cup (raw) rice cooker has only one control button, while Instant Pot’s Lux Mini 6-in-1 rice cooker has six functions in one product, allowing the cooker to cook rice and use the pot for other dishes.
Also Read: Best Pizzelle Makers
Although all small rice cookers hold less rice than larger cookers, you still need to consider the exact size of the rice cooker you need. For example, if you will only be cooking for one person, a 3-cup (ready-to-cook) capacity rice cooker may be more suitable; if you will be cooking for two, three, or more people, a 6-cup (ready-to-cook) capacity cooker may be best.
Stainless steel features
It goes without saying that a rice cooker with a full range of stainless steel features, such as an inner pot, will last much longer than a small rice cooker with fewer iron features. When looking for a small rice cooker, it is ideal to choose one with fewer plastic features and a stainless steel inner pot. With the above in mind, find the best small slow cooker for you.
Also Read: Best Meat Slicers for Home Use
If you are looking for a small cooker, it is because you can only feed a few people, has limited counter space, or both If you only have two people, chances are you live in a small place, such as a townhouse or flat. As a result, kitchen counter space and storage space will be limited.
Make sure you understand the dimensions of each small rice cooker before purchasing it to avoid space issues in the future.
Each of the rice cookers we have described here differs greatly in shape and size. Some are wider and some are taller. The average size is 13 x 10 x 7 inches, but again, they all vary. The most important thing to remember is to determine both where you will store the rice cooker when it is not in use and where you will place it when it is. Then narrow your search based on these measurements. It takes a little more work, but the pleasure is worth it.
Some people are technically gifted. Others are not. No matter how much you like to tinker, a warranty is essential for any electrical appliance. Most rice cookers come with a one-year warranty. This is not great, but it will get you through the first year and avoid potential problems. The warranty is necessary because manufacturing defects can occur during the first year.
Also Read: Best Food Processor for Nut Butters
How To Use Your Rice Cooker
You’ve just purchased your favorite rice cooker. You want to receive it and use it as soon as possible. But what should you do? First, read the instructions carefully. Every rice cooker is different, so even if you have been using your old rice cooker, your new one may be a little different.
It is most important to figure out the ratio of rice to water. Two cups of water to one cup of rice is the general rule. However, not everyone prefers the same type of rice. If you prefer stickier rice, you can reduce the amount of water. It is also possible to cook the rice for longer than the specified time.
Time is also important. Brown rice can take almost twice as long as white rice. Soaking the rice beforehand may affect the cooking time. Pay attention to the instructions for your rice cooker. Some have programs that allow you to simply select a setting. This is convenient, but you still want to be careful when using the pre-programmed settings the first time you cook.
If this is too confusing for you, do not panic. Cooking is always subjective, no matter what tools you use; just turn it once or twice and you will find what works for you. Then everything will run smoothly and the food will taste great.
Once you have cooked rice in your rice cooker, consider all the extra features of the rice cooker. Most rice cookers switch to the keep-warm function once the rice is cooked. This allows you to finish preparing the rest of your meal without having to worry about removing the rice instantly from the cooker. Be aware that if you leave the rice in heat mode for too long, it will gradually begin to dry out.
Once cooking is complete, the next step is cleaning. Most rice cookers have a non-stick coating. Simply scrape off any leftover rice with a spatula. Then place the bowl insert in the sink and wash it with a cleaning solution
Also Read: Best Blender for Protein Shakes with Ice
How To Cook Rice At Home With Small Rice Cooker
To cook rice at home using a small rice cooker, follow these steps:
- Rinse the rice: Place the rice in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse it under cold running water until the water runs clear. This will remove any dirt or debris and help to prevent the rice from sticking together.
- Measure the rice and water: Place the rinsed rice in the rice cooker and add water according to the manufacturer’s instructions or the desired consistency of the rice. As a general guide, you will need about 1 1/2 cups of water for every cup of white rice and 2 cups of water for every cup of brown rice.
- Cook the rice: Close the lid of the rice cooker and turn it on. The rice will typically take 15-20 minutes to cook for white rice and 30-40 minutes for brown rice, but the exact cooking time will depend on the type and quantity of rice, as well as the specific model of rice cooker you are using.
- Fluff and serve the rice: Once the rice is cooked, turn off the rice cooker and let the rice sit for a few minutes to allow the excess water to be absorbed. Then, use a fork to fluff the rice and separate the grains. Serve the rice hot, with your choice of toppings or sides.
What Is The Disadvantage Of Rice Cookers?
There are a few potential disadvantages to using a rice cooker:
- Cost: Rice cookers can vary in price, with some models being more expensive than others. While they can be a convenient and time-saving appliance, they may not be cost-effective for everyone.
- Limited to cooking rice: While some rice cookers can cook other grains, such as quinoa or oats, they are primarily designed for cooking rice. If you want an appliance that can cook a wider range of foods, you may want to consider a multi-cooker or a pressure cooker.
- Limited counter space: Rice cookers can take up valuable counter space, especially if you have a small kitchen. If you have limited space, you may want to consider a smaller or more compact rice cooker.
- Limited features: While some rice cookers have advanced features, such as the ability to cook different types of rice or keep the rice warm after cooking, others may have more basic features. If you want a rice cooker with more advanced features, you may have to pay more.
Best Small Rice Cookers | Video Explanation
Is A 3-Cup Rice Cooker Too Small?
A 3-cup rice cooker is generally suitable for cooking small quantities of rice, typically enough for 1-2 people. If you are cooking for a larger family or if you frequently need to cook larger quantities of rice, a 3-cup rice cooker may be too small. In that case, you may want to consider a rice cooker with a larger capacity, such as a 6-cup or 10-cup rice cooker.
However, if you are cooking for just yourself or for a small family and don’t need to cook large quantities of rice, a 3-cup rice cooker may be a good choice. It can be a convenient and cost-effective option for people with limited rice-cooking needs. Just keep in mind that a 3-cup rice cooker may not be suitable for cooking larger quantities of rice, and it may not have as many features as larger rice cookers.
Can You Boil Eggs In A Mini Rice Cooker?
Yes, you can boil eggs in a mini rice cooker. To do so, add water to the rice cooker and place the eggs in the water. Close the lid and turn on the rice cooker. The eggs will typically be done in about 10-12 minutes for medium-sized eggs, or about 15-17 minutes for large eggs.
Keep in mind that the timing may vary depending on the size and type of your mini rice cooker, as well as the desired level of doneness for the eggs. You may need to experiment a bit to find the right timing for your specific rice cooker and eggs.
It’s also a good idea to use a timer to keep track of the cooking time, as the rice cooker may not have a timer function. You can also use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the eggs to ensure that they are cooked to your desired level of doneness.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Rice In A Mini Rice Cooker?
The amount of time it takes to cook rice in a mini rice cooker will depend on the type of rice, the quantity of rice, and the specific model of rice cooker you are using. In general, white rice will cook faster than brown rice, and smaller quantities of rice will cook faster than larger quantities.
As a general guide, it will typically take about 15-20 minutes to cook a small (1-2 cup) quantity of white rice in a mini rice cooker, and about 30-40 minutes to cook a small quantity of brown rice. The cooking time may be longer for larger quantities of rice or for certain types of rice that take longer to cook, such as wild rice or black rice.
It’s a good idea to refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific rice cooker for more detailed information on cooking times. You can also use a timer to keep track of the cooking time and check the rice periodically to ensure that it is cooked to your desired level of tenderness.
What Size Rice Cooker For Two People?
For two people, a 3-4 cup rice cooker is generally a suitable size. This will allow you to cook enough rice for two people, with a little bit left over for leftovers or for another meal.
Keep in mind that the exact amount of rice you will need will depend on your appetite and how much rice you like to eat. If you are cooking for two people who are very hungry and who like to eat a lot of rice, you may want to consider a larger rice cooker, such as a 6-cup or 8-cup model. On the other hand, if you are cooking for two people who don’t eat as much rice, a smaller rice cooker, such as a 3-cup model, may be sufficient.
It’s a good idea to consider your own rice-eating habits and the needs of the people you are cooking for when deciding on the size of the rice cooker to purchase.
Are 2 Cups Of Rice Enough For 3 People?
Two cups of uncooked rice will typically yield about 4 cups of cooked rice, which is enough to serve 3-4 people as a side dish, depending on the appetites of the individuals and the other dishes being served. If you are serving rice as the main dish, with no other sides, you may want to consider cooking more rice to ensure that there is enough for everyone.
Keep in mind that the exact amount of rice you will need will depend on your own appetite and how much rice you like to eat, as well as the appetites of the people you are cooking for. Some people may be satisfied with a smaller portion of rice, while others may want a larger serving. It’s a good idea to consider these factors when deciding how much rice to cook.
Does Rice Cook In A Compact Or Mini-size Rice Cooker Burn?
This is the best part of using a rice cooker. If you set it up, you never forget. You don’t have to constantly check to see if the rice is burnt or overflowing with water. Smart electric rice cookers, in particular, can cook perfect rice every time.
How Much Water Should Be Added To A Mini Or Compact Rice Cooker?
It depends on the type of rice used. In general, use 2 cups of water for every 1 cup of rice. Some recipes call for chicken broth instead of 1 cup of water, which makes the rice tastier. For brown rice, use a little more water.
How Long Does It Take The Small Rice Cooker To Actually Cook The Rice?
It depends on the amount of rice and the rice cooker used. Generally speaking, it takes less than 20 minutes to cook rice in a rice cooker. Other grains, such as quinoa, may take longer.
How Much Does A Rice Cooker Cost?
Recommended rice cookers range from $20 to $150. For a high-quality rice cooker, you should expect to pay about $50.
What Is The Smallest Rice Cooker?
It can be difficult to find a rice cooker smaller than 1.5 cups, but there are mini rice cookers and travel rice cookers that can cook from 1 cup.
What Size Rice Cooker Do I Need For 4 People?
As a general rule, a rice cooker with a capacity of 5 cups or more is sufficient for four people. That’s about one cup of rice per person.
What Else To Make In Your Rice Cooker
There are many things you can make in a rice cooker beyond rice! Here are a few ideas:
- Oatmeal: Cook oats in milk or water with a pinch of salt. You can also mix in dried fruit, nuts, and other ingredients for flavor.
- Hard-boiled eggs: Place eggs in the rice cooker, add water to cover them, and cook on the “steam” setting for about 12 minutes.
- Steamed vegetables: Place vegetables in a steamer basket in the rice cooker and cook on the “steam” setting until tender.
- Soup: You can make soup in a rice cooker by adding broth, vegetables, and any other ingredients you like.
- Stew: Rice cookers are great for making stews because they can cook meat and vegetables slowly and evenly.
- Pasta: Cook pasta in boiling water in the rice cooker as you would on the stove.
- Quinoa: Cook quinoa in the rice cooker using a 2:1 ratio of water to quinoa.
I hope these ideas give you some inspiration for your next rice cooker meal!
All of these small rice cookers offer a variety of features that are convenient, easy to use, and promise perfect results when cooking different types of rice.
Some can also be used as pressure cookers or steamers, making them cost-effective. Small and compact rice cookers can be taken on trips, making them ideal for taking food with you on holidays or for parties at friends’ houses. Our top 9 best small rice cookers will help you find a rice cooker to meet any need and budget.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply