How to clean a toaster is one of the most searched questions on Google. There are a lot of things that can get stuck in a toaster including bread, deep-fried chicken, and a strip of bacon. So, you’ll need to find out how to get them out.
Cleaning a toaster can be a bit of a pain. If you don’t do it regularly, the bread crumbs and other gunk that accumulates inside the machine can lead to a fire, malfunctioning or just being a fire hazard. That’s why you need to regularly clean your toaster, but it isn’t as easy as it sounds.
A toaster should be cleaned regularly, especially if it is an electric toaster. A dirty toaster can not only completely stop working, but it can also start a fire. This blog will talk about how to clean a toaster as well as other safety precautions to take.
How to clean the inside of a toaster
General cleaning of the inside of a toaster must be done in several steps, carefully.
- Unplug the toaster. Always unplug the toaster and allow it to cool before inserting anything other than toast into it.
- Turn the toaster so that the top is facing the ground and shake out the crumbs. This can be done over a dustbin or outdoors.
- Fill the sink with water and a few drops of dish detergent.
- Gently pull the tray out from the bottom of the toaster.
- Shake out any crumbs left in the container and soak them in water.
- Take a large, flat, clean brush or pastry brush and brush away crumbs and debris from the inside. It is best to brush from top to bottom.
- Wash the crumb tray with a cloth and let it dry.
If you do not have a crumb tray, shake the toaster further to remove all crumbs.
How to clean a toaster with cheese
You can also fix problems such as the presence of cheese inside the toaster.
- Make sure the toaster is unplugged and let it cool. It may take a little extra time for the melting to firm up.
- Once hardened, carefully scrape or peel off with a wooden spatula or trowel. (Prevention is generally the best medicine in these cases).
- After peeling off, use a soft toothbrush used to remove residue from the stick.
How to clean the exterior of the toaster
To clean the exterior of the toaster, a wipe with soap and water is sufficient. However, if the toaster has been left for a long time and has finger marks or brown stains, a stronger cleaner is needed.
What can I do about the brown stains on my toaster?
Brown, sticky stains on the outside of the toaster can be cleaned in two ways. Use Dawn first and then attack the stain with baking soda.
- Wet a cloth with soapy water and rinse.
- Clean the outside of the toaster.
- Leave for five minutes.
- Wipe off the soap with a damp cloth.
- If stains remain, apply baking soda to a toothbrush.
- Scrub until the stain is gone.
- Wipe with a clean, damp cloth.
- Wipe dry with a microfiber cloth.
- Replace the dry breadcrumb tray.
When cleaning the outside of the toaster, remember to clean the knobs as well. A little extra love may be needed.
How to clean the chrome toaster
White vinegar is the best way to clean chrome and stainless steel toasters. White vinegar is ideal for removing stains and sticky residue from the outside of the toaster.
- Wet a cloth with a 1:1 mixture of vinegar and water.
- Wipe the entire toaster, paying special attention to stains.
- Leave for a few minutes and the stains will dissolve.
- Polish with a microfiber cloth.
How often should I clean my toaster?
How often you should clean your toaster depends on how often you use it. If you have a large family and use it daily, you will want to clean it at least once a week. However, if you don’t use it often, clean it once every few weeks or a month to make sure it is in optimal condition when ready for the tasty toast.
How to clean your new toaster before using it
If you buy a new toaster, it is always advisable to clean it before putting food into its body. New toasters do not need to be cleaned as often as used ones.
- Soak a cloth in warm water and a little dish detergent and wipe the entire toaster.
- Clean the entire toaster.
- Check for debris or loose pieces inside and carefully shake or remove them with a brush.
- Polish with a microfiber cloth and plugin.
How To Clean a Toaster | Video Explanation
This article explains how to clean a toaster. You’ll find useful information on cleaning the exterior, interior, and crumb tray of your toaster. We hope this guide will help you clean your toaster in a safe way. If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comment section below.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here
Leave a Reply