To prepare good food, you not only have to be a good cook, but you also have to know the kitchen tools. Recipes play a major role in food preparation, but if you don’t know how to use everything in your kitchen, you will inevitably make mistakes and waste time.
That’s where a mandolin slicer can help. It is a device that can be used to slice vegetables and fruits and prepare different types of salads, soups, fries, waffles, zucchini, fruit pies, etc.
How to use a Mandoline Slicer for Zucchini | Ultimate Guide 2022
How does a mandolin slicer work?
A mandolin slicer is an efficient device that can help you produce evenly sliced fruits and vegetables. This makes it a necessity for restaurants and home cooks.
The device has two parallel sides, one of which is adjustable. Simply slide the vegetables or fruit along the adjustable side and watch the cut pieces fall onto the plate. Mandoline slicers come in many varieties, so you can buy the one that best suits your needs.
Also Read: How to Clean BBQ Grill Grates with Ammonia
What is zucchini?
Zucchini is a type of squash that grows primarily in the summer. It contains a lot of vitamin A and other minerals, which makes it a very nutritious food. In addition to being healthy, it is also very easy to prepare. You can prepare a wide range of dishes with zucchini, from savory to sweet recipes.
Mandolin Slicer Safety Information
- Use finger guards or gloves.
- Select the direction of the blade according to the food being cooked.
- Use one hand to cut vegetables and fruit and the other to hold the mandolin slicer.
- Be careful when washing the blade.
- Place the mandoline slicer on a flat surface.
Zucchini slicers and mandolin
There are many dishes that can be prepared with zucchini, for which it is essential to use a mandoline slicer. Creating zucchini slices of specific sizes is often called for in recipes, so you need a device that allows you to do this. There has never been a better time to cook with zucchini!
Zucchini noodles are a delicious dish. But to prepare it, you need a mandolin that can make the slices you need.
With this tool, you can cut the zucchini into strips and cook it. Just fry it in oil and butter in a flat pan and let it sit for 2-3 minutes. You can also boil it if you want.
To make this dish, perfect for breakfast or a snack, you’ll need a mandolin slicer. It’s easy to grate or shred the zucchini. Choose your favorite zucchini bread recipe and use a mandolin slicer to make this tasty item.
Mixed salad is probably the easiest dish to make with sliced zucchini using a mandolin slicer.
Simply slice the zucchini thinly and mix it with other fruits and vegetables, salt, vinegar and spices. The salad is then ready to be served.
There are many more dishes you can make with zucchini than we mentioned, so a mandolin slicer is a must. Let’s take a look at some of them
Also Read: How To Boil Milk WithOut Curdling
Zucchini pieces are mainly used in stir-fries. Sauté zucchini with other vegetables and you’ll have a delicious dish.
To make zucchini pieces with a mandolin, you need to cut off the end of the zucchini and slide it onto the blade. You can also cut them with a knife, but the mandoline slicer will make pieces of a certain size.
Grated zucchini are perfect for making parmesan fries and many other appetizing dishes. Slicing zucchini with a mandolin is very easy.
To get even slices, simply slide the zucchini vertically over the blade of your mandoline slicer. Be sure to use a hand guard to protect your fingers at this point.
Also Read: How to Use a Wok On a Gas Stove
Types of mandolins
Now that you’ve learned about the delicious dishes you can prepare with a mandoline slicer, let’s learn about the different types of machines available on the market.
The term “adjustable” refers to the fact that the blade of this mandoline slicer can be adjusted. By adjusting the blade, you can set the thickness of the cut. This model is ideal for cooks because it allows them to produce slices of different sizes to fit different dishes. Different dishes require different machines with different types of blades. So it’s important to buy the right type of mandoline slicer for you.
This is by far the most common zucchini cut in recipes. This type of blade allows you to cut the zucchini into different widths, making it easier to create the dish you want.
With the crepe cut, the sides of the zucchini are cut in a V-shape. This blade is best suited for making zucchini pasta.
This is the most sophisticated cut of all mandoline slicers. The julienne cut creates strips of zucchini that can be used to make zucchini noodles.
This cut isn’t necessarily for cooking zucchini, but it’s suitable if you want to make some sort of curry with the zucchini.
Mandoline slicers are faster and easier to use than knives. Mandolin slicers can be used for different cuts and different types of food. However, safety precautions must also be taken. The sharp blades of a slicer can cut your fingers.
Also Read: How to Slice Cheese Thinly
How to use a mandoline slicer for zucchini lasagna?
Zucchini lasagna is a popular and tasty dish made with zucchini. Everyone loves mouth-watering zucchini lasagna, but doesn’t know how to make it at home. Today, we’re giving you a step-by-step recipe for zucchini lasagna. With this zucchini lasagna recipe, you can easily make zucchini lasagna with a mandolin slicer.
So, here we go…
How to make zucchini lasagna with a mandoline slicer?
- Prepare a 9-13 inch baking pan by adding cooking oil.
- Now use a mandoline slicer and cut the zucchini into 8 inch strips.
- Then cook the zucchini and place on paper towels to absorb the moisture.
- In a skillet, cook the zucchini until golden brown.
- Be sure to use paper towels to prevent the zucchini from getting soggy.
- Then cook the meat in a non-stick pan for a few minutes. Add the black pepper and salt and stir while the meat cooks.
- When the meat is cooked, add the tomato paste, sauce, oregano and basil.
- Mix until everything is well combined and a smooth paste is formed.
- When ready, add the zucchini slices, meat sauce and cheese and bake the lasagna. You can add an egg if you wish.
- Bake the lasagna in the pan/oven for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Then serve the lasagna.
Tips for making zucchini lasagna
- Use the right ingredients to make the best zucchini lasagna.
- Invest in a suitable lasagna pan. It should be at least 3 inches deep
- Add a thick layer of sauce so the pasta doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Use aluminum foil before cooking. Then remove the foil and cook the lasagna.
- Be sure to wait 10 minutes after cooking to preserve the layers.
- You can add vegetables such as mushrooms, squash or spinach to create a lasagna soup.
- Then decorate the zucchini lasagna with John Chandler’s recipe for the world’s best lasagna.
Also Read: How to Keep Green Bananas From Ripening
How to use a Mandoline Slicer for Zucchini | Infographics
How to use a Mandoline Slicer for Zucchini | Video Explanation
If you are a cook or a chef, a mandolin slicer is highly recommended for you. There are also several types of mandolin slicers. You can choose according to your needs.
I hope in this article you have found your answer for mandoline slicers and zucchini. We have also given some instructions for zucchini lasagna. Our guide will help you use a mandoline slicer while making delicious zucchini dishes.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Lawrence, Went to Calhoun High School (Georgia) my goal is to make the kitchen fun by providing a mathematical and logical component to our approach to cooking good food. I look not only at delicious recipes but also at kitchen tools and gadgets to give you the tips and tricks we hope you will find useful. Read More Here